[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why, but I just don't see Anna as champion. It just doesn't seem to fit her

I agree.

I can more easily see Lin as being the champion, because of how she quickly rose up through the ranks of Team Meteor and even became the boss. The fact that she is the champion would also explain why she would need to keep her involvement with Team Meteor a secret.

I can't see El being in the elite 4 he's a cultist and working with team meteor, it's the same reason that it doesn't make sense for Lin to be the champion. I can see Anna being the champion because not only has the game hinted at it but also some of the stuff she says has a certain ...philosophical feel to it that reminds me a lot of the way some champions in the main series games talk if that makes any sense.

I agree.

I can more easily see Lin as being the champion, because of how she quickly rose up through the ranks of Team Meteor and even became the boss. The fact that she is the champion would also explain why she would need to keep her involvement with Team Meteor a secret.

This actually makes sense because of how the leaders today act like they are in some secret organization ( I am talking about real life here)

The illuminati and Team Meteor might be in the same boat why not why not why not

I can't see El being in the elite 4 he's a cultist and working with team meteor, it's the same reason that it doesn't make sense for Lin to be the champion. I can see Anna being the champion because not only has the game hinted at it but also some of the stuff she says has a certain ...philosophical feel to it that reminds me a lot of the way some champions in the main series games talk if that makes any sense.

They have flat out said that El is part of the elite four in game several times. He is the only person we are 100% sure is an elite four member (after Laura got kicked out). It is almost certain that Heather is part of it too.

They have flat out said that El is part of the elite four in game several times. He is the only person we are 100% sure is an elite four member (after Laura got kicked out). It is almost certain that Heather is part of it too.

No, we're not almost certain. It is already stated Heather IS a part of the E4 during the escaping thingie episodes from Ametrine.

With how disorganized the Reborn league is, I really don't think there is going to be a champion. No one would have ever even gotten the chance to challenge all the gym leaders, let alone the E4 as Adrienn was MIA for 10 years. It honestly seems to make the most sense for the player to beat the E4 and then become the champion, but then need to do one final battle with the other challenger who made it through the E4. Kind of like a reverse situation of what happened in Red & Blue.

This actually makes sense because of how the leaders today act like they are in some secret organization ( I am talking about real life here)

The illuminati and Team Meteor might be in the same boat why not why not why not

... If you're poking fun at me(at least, I hope to God you are), at least give some reason for why you think I'm wrong.

• Administrators

Ame, you need an animation team. Maybe you can find a few people who can help? It would take a lot off of your shoulders.

I was originally going to open animations up as a community project like shinies, but then my perfectionism took over. That said, I'm not entirely opposed to a small team especially since these files are so easily transferable. I would certainly speed things up, but... I'm mostly concerned about quality checking, both in terms of graphics and the animation itself. I'll revisit the idea.

I do wonder though: once all the animations have been implemented/as they are being implemented, will the animations be available for all to use in their own fangame projects? I'm assuming with credit somewhere in the game like "Animations for X moves originally by Amethyst" or what have you. I personally don't have any plans for this, but just an interesting thought for up and coming fangame developers.

Yep, they'll be free-use. I've taken particular care with naming files to make sure everything can be easily copied over from one project to another.

Aqua Ring:

f7d2bce20176730ea50f7dd520f0b967.gif

Aqua Ring:

Wow, that looks really, really good. Way better than the default animations that RPG maker I assume gave (because I've seen them in other RPG maker games) -- they looked too realistic for a game that's all sprites and cartoons. And I hate to compare, but between that one animation and its style and the few animations that were done for Insurgence (off the top of my head, the ball/blast moves [energy ball, shadow ball, moonblast, focus blast] and the pulse moves), this one blows them out of the water... sorry Suze.

Wow, that looks really, really good. Way better than the default animations that RPG maker I assume gave (because I've seen them in other RPG maker games) -- they looked too realistic for a game that's all sprites and cartoons. And I hate to compare, but between that one animation and its style and the few animations that were done for Insurgence (off the top of my head, the ball/blast moves [energy ball, shadow ball, moonblast, focus blast] and the pulse moves), this one blows them out of the water... sorry Suze.

aqua ring blows them out of the water.

Pun intended?

I was originally going to open animations up as a community project like shinies, but then my perfectionism took over. That said, I'm not entirely opposed to a small team especially since these files are so easily transferable. I would certainly speed things up, but... I'm mostly concerned about quality checking, both in terms of graphics and the animation itself. I'll revisit the idea.

Yep, they'll be free-use. I've taken particular care with naming files to make sure everything can be easily copied over from one project to another.

Aqua Ring:

I love the smoothness of this animation. Nice work! (I might use this move more often :P)

Right let me clarify. I know that he's an elite 4 right now, but what I meant was that I don't think he will be when we fight the E4. As I said in previous posts on this thread I don't think that he'll live up to that point or maybe when his involvement with team meteor comes to light he'll be fired from his league position.

Side note: THAT AQUA RING ANIMATION LOOKS AMAZING keep up the good work Ame.

I think that all of the elite 4 will run away when it's time to find them, each hiding behind a complex puzzle and then when you find all of them, they'll all be kidnapped and you have to rescue them but then you get warped to an alternate dimension in which you have to let them beat you and then you warp back and have to beat them twice to make up for it but before you fight them the second time, they're all killed by team meteor and you have to go and find all the replacement elite fours scattered across the map and then when you find them all, you can challenge them and then you get to the champion but it was actually T3RR4 somehow so you have to go into the computer again but then Meteor turns it off while you're inside and you get trapped and have to collect 100 different candy canes in order to escape. Then after all that, you get killed and Meteor wins. The end.

... If you're poking fun at me(at least, I hope to God you are), at least give some reason for why you think I'm wrong.

Personally, I don't think that Lin is Champion. She seems too hell-bent on getting what she wants with Team Meteor to do anything else. Saphira and Laura also don't recognise her name as anything other than familiar, and I would think that they'd know who the Champion is.

After this, the game should include an "attack test" mode where you can see the animation for all the moves. Similar to how it already has a "sound test" mode in the form of the Jukebox on your Pokegear.

As long as that mode is usable with a Poochyena named Marco and a Gardevoir I'm happy ;)