[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

Just keep in mind; if Ame adds fog to the game, the rest of us will know who to hunt down blame for giving her the idea.

Ehehehe... If you really want to rage at someone, rage at whoever thought inverse-field Noel was a good idea. Foggy field could have been possible, if not for mist. Ah well

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well let's think. What positive thing could ever come out of foggy field. Nothing. No one would benefit from a foggy field. You basically render any move that does'nt have 100% accuracy useless.

What about Keen Eye Pokemon or Aerial Ace and the other never-hitting moves? :c

• Administrators

A dog named Marco who knows acid related moves? Is this based off of a person?!

Not really... In Hilda's ORAS playthrough she had a Poochy named Polo. So I named mine Marco to match.

The moves are... look, just don't pay any mind to those.

Agility

87f3f52fcde7544c5bc067982d4fb1db.gif

To retract my earlier assessment of the animations taking about half an hour each, unfortunately an hour seems to be more appropriate. Making the single animation itself only takes about half an hour, but with self-target moves, I end up spending half an hour or longer trying to make sure it's displaying in the right place (which should not be as difficult as it is) and with other moves the animation has to be done twice (player using it, opponent using it) sooooo bleh.

• Veterans

Not really... In Hilda's ORAS playthrough she had a Poochy named Polo. So I named mine Marco to match.

The moves are... look, just don't pay any mind to those.

Agility

87f3f52fcde7544c5bc067982d4fb1db.gif

To retract my earlier assessment of the animations taking about half an hour each, unfortunately an hour seems to be more appropriate. Making the single animation itself only takes about half an hour, but with self-target moves, I end up spending half an hour or longer trying to make sure it's displaying in the right place (which should not be as difficult as it is) and with other moves the animation has to be done twice (player using it, opponent using it) sooooo bleh.

Yo that Agility animation looks sick as fuck :o

Did you mean never missing moves? like shadow punch?

Lol no, he meant never hitting, like Sheer Cold, zap cannon, etc. Yeah, probably. Fog makes your accuracy crap, but having it as a field with added effects would be cool

Ooooh Agility looks nice! Stat boost animation looks good as the first time you showed it off, if not better. Definitely super happy to see how much effort is being put into this. I do wonder though: once all the animations have been implemented/as they are being implemented, will the animations be available for all to use in their own fangame projects? I'm assuming with credit somewhere in the game like "Animations for X moves originally by Amethyst" or what have you. I personally don't have any plans for this, but just an interesting thought for up and coming fangame developers.

But such a field would be pretty cool for a dialga/palkia/maybe rauquaza battle. I wonder if the e4 would get custom fields? Or maybe just one field for the league and one for the champion? I feel like Anna could be e4 instead. The only confirmed member so far is El, right? Laura was "fired" and Bennet was promised a position... Maybe Arclight's also a member?

I feel like El might die in the final battle with team meteor (which will probably be right before we get our last badge or before we go to victory road), and that will open a spot on the E4 for Laura to come back, which makes me think the E4 are gonna be Laura, Bennet, Heather, and Arclight (in that order) with Anna as the champion. Yea it would be cool for a Dialga/Rayquaza battle, but I think Amethyst is just gonna have a single field for all legends instead of putting them in specific type fields.

God fist

Yeah Ame already said that the last of the new fields are being planned and there just aren't enough for each legend to have its own field.

And as for Elite 4, its probably going to be Bennet, EL, Heather(what else could she be really, other than maybe the back up dragon gym leader), and anna. Arclight saying that the only way to join is to beat the league probably means that he's champion. Just hope that Lin isn't actually an elite, it would be very unusual to have the leader of an evil team as someone with so much influence already.

Or you know, he could just be some normal trainer like us. Arclight is already able to hold his own in seventh street and even tells you he's just a DJ, ace members only. Of course he's gonna be skilled if he's chilling with some of reborns best. Does that make him worthy of E4 position? Unfortunately I'd say not. He was introduced super late into Reborn league and hasn't been built up to be much as opposed to say Heather, Bennett, Laura, El, Anna, etc.

All I'm saying is you don't have to be an elite 4 member or champion to be a good trainer. Look at our character, Cain and Victoria... Who I assume we may fight next episode. Yeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhh. Bet she'll be like, "I want you to fight the gym, but I don't want you to fight the gym. You shall not pass, although you should. Let's fight." I'm not too pumped for that. I honestly hope Victoria has changed for the better... and also forgives Cal for what he did because I ship that.