Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon

BBD

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found another negative. A big one. You guys are gonna hate this like 12 year old Minecraft fans hate the nerf to spam clicking. Like, if you dislike the game in general, this will be why.

- When I said recruited Pokemon get locked out of use for story purposes, I don't just mean "you can't bring those guys on this specific mission because it's important to the story". The Pokemon you recruit will randomly go on vacation and you won't be able to use them until they get back. Combined with the fact that you can only get one of each Pokemon, and people are gonna HATE this. Why this is done is obvious, so that you don't spend the entire game with the same team.

Also, whether this is positive or negative is up to you:

- The availability of Pokemon is very Reborn-ish. Most of the "good" Pokemon are post game, and some of them are really late post game. If your favorite Pokemon is, say, Garchomp, you're gonna have a real bad time.

I found another negative. A big one. You guys are gonna hate this like 12 year old Minecraft fans hate the nerd to spam clicking. Like, if you dislike the game in general, this will be why.

- When I said recruited Pokemon get locked out of use for story purposes, I don't just mean "you can't bring those guys on this specific mission because it's important to the story". The Pokemon you recruit will randomly go on vacation and you won't be able to use them until they get back. Combined with the fact that you can only get one of each Pokemon, and people are gonna HATE this. Why this is done is obvious, so that you don't spend the entire game with the same team.

- The availability of Pokemon is very Reborn-ish. Most of the "good" Pokemon are post game, and some of them are really late post game. If your favorite Pokemon is, say, Garchomp, you're gonna have a real bad time.

WOTT!?POKEMON CAN GO ON A VACATION!?That cool almost like real life but I'm sure it can be annoying when you need them

You know I dont think we gonna spoile a lot of thing of if we do we could hust put it in a spoiler box

I think all we do here is call for help after we got whoop in the dungeon and since Eagleby said it was super difficult I think we gonna have to call for help quite a lot.

Edited by BBD

...Then don't come here? Unless they bork the difficulty for the US release (a very real possibility) I've pretty much said everything you'd want to know without actually spoiling yourself. I think. I've been avoiding spoilers myself, so I may have missed some things.

Well, there is one minor detail I wanted to clear up, about the whole "you can only recruit one of each Pokemon" thing. Yes, I mean one of each individual Pokemon, and not just one of each evolutionary family. You can recruit a Squirtle, a Wartortle, and a Blastoise, and then you can evolve the Squirtle and Wartortle to get three Blastoises. And if you or your partner is a Squirtle, you can have four Blastoises.

...Then don't come here? Unless they bork the difficulty for the US release (a very real possibility) I've pretty much said everything you'd want to know without actually spoiling yourself. I think. I've been avoiding spoilers myself, so I may have missed some things.

Well, there is one minor detail I wanted to clear up, about the whole "you can only recruit one of each Pokemon" thing. Yes, I mean one of each individual Pokemon, and not just one of each evolutionary family. You can recruit a Squirtle, a Wartortle, and a Blastoise, and then you can evolve the Squirtle and Wartortle to get three Blastoises. And if you or your partner is a Squirtle, you can have four Blastoises.

Oh boy, I hope the difficulty doesnt get nerfed, Ill be getting the US version Q-Q

I'm not going to read through everything because I want my opinions on this game fresh, I am however wondering something. The first and second games of the series were debatable my favorite games of that time (I didn't have the money for money games back then so It didn't have much competition), however just like main series games the most recent game didn't even come close to following in the footsteps of the first games. I heard that this game is actually harder than the first....which is fantastic. I do 't know how the story is however so....is it any good? I don't want any details just personal opinion if the story can live up to the second games just so it doesn't feel like a painful mash a fest.

I'm not going to read through everything because I want my opinions on this game fresh, I am however wondering something. The first and second games of the series were debatable my favorite games of that time (I didn't have the money for money games back then so It didn't have much competition), however just like main series games the most recent game didn't even come close to following in the footsteps of the first games. I heard that this game is actually harder than the first....which is fantastic. I do 't know how the story is however so....is it any good? I don't want any details just personal opinion if the story can live up to the second games just so it doesn't feel like a painful mash a fest.

We don't really know anything about the story besides something about Pokemon turning to stone, even Legendaries (and therefore they will have a bigger part in game). Also, there's five continents, three of which are from Rescue Team, Explorers, and GTI, with characters reappearing from those games, but we don't know if the characters will have a part in the story either.

No one know,I hope I don't have to wait an hour longer than you guy like when rumble world came out...it's suck everyone get to play it before me and I have to wait like an hour longer

Edited by BBD

im crying you guys are going to spam the entire story on here and i wont get it until next year im sad because game freak is being racist they made at least about a 3 month gap im depressed

Of course story spoilers will be put into spoilers. Right guys? Right? Don't make me use my mod powers =P

Spoilers tags are done by typing

at the beginning of what you say and /spoiler in brackets at the end of what you have to say.

I found another negative. A big one. You guys are gonna hate this like 12 year old Minecraft fans hate the nerf to spam clicking. Like, if you dislike the game in general, this will be why.

I would disappointed in the devs if I got stuff like Garchomp or Tyranitar immediately after starting the game. So game design choices like that are expected to happen.

I'm not going to go into too much detail but as a first impression, I'm really enjoying this game. Even if you're new to the series it's really easy to get into due to a new tutorial type deal. The only gripe I have so far is the gender thing but I can honestly forgive that since they technically keep the partner's gender. It definitely doesn't start out like the other Pokemon games at all though and it's kind of an interesting twist when you're expecting something else to happen.

They also brought hunger back as well so that's a plus/minus for a couple people. I haven't gotten far but it doesn't seem liked they dumped it down as I did struggle on one fight in the first dungeon...even though the rest were pitifully easy as to be expected.

Edit: Now that I've made it a little bit farther it starts out kind of slow introducing all the mechanics and such, but again, the story is a little bit different than the other Mystery Dungeons and I really kind of like it so far. They kept a lot of the Gates Gameplay, but they also have a spin of their own. I can honestly recommend it easily for any mystery dungeon lover as imo, the story starts out a bit better than the other 3 especially with its fun ways of foreshadowing.

Edit 2: Damn, this is a really long opening segment section. The second boss's dungeon is already 20 floors and has fully evolved Pokemon like Accelegor and Ambipom. Did I mention you'll probably be only around 11-12 at this point in the game if you're good which is saying something. It hasn't hit a hard point, but I'm already seeing difficulty spikes compared to Gates to Infinity (in those games, I pretty much wiped the bosses effortlessly). I was never close to losing, but the first two bosses are quite difficult from what'd you expect. Also spoiler for what happened:

Been having fun with Super Mystery Dungeon. Gameplay wise, one of the biggest differences from the explorers games that I've noticed is that you aren't OHKOing any enemies past the tutorial dungeon. A lot of enemies are damage sponges. Also the AI only like using their STAB move until it runs out frustratingly enough, so hopefully that changes later on.