Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon

BBD

new trailer!in Japanese but it still a news right?

I donno what he said but it look like quiz is back but not to choose player,quiz choose your partner?I donno,have to wait for Eng trailer

and that spoiler in the last scene...so we all know now who's the bad guy,or not?maybe they make a plot twist.

Edited by BBD

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's odd, Serebii says the quiz is to choose your partner rather than player character, but then says "just like in the original games" even though in the original games it was to choose your player character. Maybe they typo'd?

EDIT: Yes, it was a typo. They've corrected it now

...I swear I must be the only person alive who did NOT want the personality quiz back.

It's a cute feature, to be sure, and I don't dislike the concept. But it's a royal pain in the ass if I want to play as a specific Pokemon and have to take the quiz fifty million times just to do so. Can't please everyone, though, I guess.

...if it really is for your partner this time, though, well... so much for choosing the partner that compliments my starter's type! :/

I also must be the only one who liked the transition to 3D from what little of GTI I've seen but whatever

The only thing I can say about this thus far is that it's thankfully not going to have a lack of Pokemon, from the looks of it. Not really bothered by the starter choices any either, surely there is one out of every Gen's starters and Riolu that someone would want to play as.

Hmm... what was that scene with the pictures of the connected Pokemon about? Is it this game's form of Pokedex? It kinda looks like an Affinity Chart.

I was wondering about that too... what could it be?

The trailer sure is making me excited though xD

• Support Squad

One thing: If the trailers music is any indication then we get awesome music. The PMD soundtrack is actually the most consistently good feature throughout all 3 games imo.

tumblr_inline_np8hxr1WhD1rxrac5_500.png

The overworld hub is MUCH bigger, like, it seems to be at least three sections big, and there's about 6 locations of interest but the purpose of each of them is still to be identified:

First of all, the Kecleon shop returns in SMD, although it seems there's only one Kecleon in this game as opposed to the Kecleon brothers in the explorers and rescuers games

Secondly, Klefki is the new box opener, as confirmed but the boxes outside the Klefki shop:

Oh, BTW, (a little late, but...) that Cofagrigus (4) might be the Gold Bar Shop, like it was in PMD Gates to Infinity. You just give him Gold Bars and he gives you Poke or Items. (Already stated)

And that Box (3) may be the Deposit Box, which replaced the Bank and Storage in PMD Gates to Infinity? It looks like it to me. It's more convenient, but I miss the Shops themselves.

Lemme pull out a list of places that still might be in the Hub...

- Dojo

- Link Shop / Move Fuser

- Day Care (Egg Place)

- (Maybe) Spinda's Cafe? I loved that place... It would also have...

- Recycle Shop

- Swap Shop

- Gift Shop

- DLC Shop

- Inn (although this had no purpose in GTI except to nurse Espeon and Umbreon)

- Traveling Sales-Mon Space

- Friend Circle / Assembly

- Post Office

- Those Minigames in GTI

- Other stuff in GTI for the Pokemon Paradise

The Dojo, Link Shop / Move Fuser, DLC Shop, Post Office, Day Care, and Assembly are the ones most likely to appear.

WELL at least it has been confirmed that the questions make a return to play a role in which pokemon you end up being!.. That's something promising along with the hunger system, but even so, the overall portrayal of the game doesn't give me the vibes of an in-depth plot /good story... oh well, we'll see when it's out I guess

If you look and compare at the map of the trailer with the map in Rescue Teams, you can see some Illuminati similarities. Although hasn't proven to be true, yet it's still intriguing.

CHI5-Z_UwAEfnOb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I don't think anyone else has posted these yet, but CoroCoro has leaked some details about the game.

This first image shows a 3DS theme you get for preordering the game

corocoro7154.jpg

and here's the first artwork of the game:

Looks like Mega Evolution (and therefore Primal Reversion) is going to be in the game too. Xerneas' tree in the background must mean that Xerneas is a primary focus of the plot as well

corocoro7155.jpg

here's the playable character roster with another piece of info too

So all of the starters with the addition of Riolu and Pikachu are playable pokemon, we already knew that, but from looking at the screenshot below the roster we can see that Hoopa Unbound is in the game too. Knowing this, plus that (according to the teaser trailer) Arceus, Zekrom, Reshiram, Dialga etc are in the game too, we know for certain that ALL legendary and mythical pokemon are going to be available in the game. THAT MEANS DARKRAI IS BACK YAAYYY<3

corocoro7156.jpg

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Edited by Guest

Wait. That image has several fully evolved Pokemon and a Braxien, a mid-stage. Does it mean for the first time in series history, we'll be able to evolve BEFORE beating the main story?

I doubt it, if only for the reason that all of the emotions and sprites for story would have to be implemented for not only all 20 starters but their evolutions too.