Pokemon Se7en - Currently on hiatus

OMG GRATERRAS AAAAAAH <3

Establishment of being the original Graterras fangirl and laying the hype down: Check and check.

Same with Author, I'll let you folks know if I come up with something and try to focus on Rock and Ice types. Now, normally, I don't really pay much heed to Fakemons, but I'm pretty excited about this for some reason totally not just because the region's named after Graterras or that Hukuna's playing a big part in this project and I bid you guys Godspeed on this. ~

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are probably going to aim for a more Reborn like experience. Especially with Gym Leaders. I mean... I don't know why the main series games have them use Teams with less than 6 mons anyway... it makes no sense lol.

It won't be an 18 gym affair, so it probably won't be nearly as long though. But the difficulty will certainly be ramped up from the main series games.

((also... is Roober missing his nose in that sprite or are my eyes playing tricks on me?))

Yeah, Roobber's missing its nose, lol. Also, am I the only who thinks...Eufur should be canon to the official dex? I mean, we already got two pandas with Gen VI, why not a koala? o3o

It's just so adorable! D;

Edited by Aurorain

Looks interesting,wish you all the luck. Let me ask a few questions or say a few things,and if something was answered already and I missed it,I apologise.

Will it have time events like reborn/rejuv for pokemon?

WIll it have field effects?

Will it have hm/tms which are needed on your team most of the time or will they be used just here and there? I actually hope neither of this,I would prefer items replacing the need for those.

Will it have shinies?

And just a few more things to say.So far the 3 starters look cool,and hopefully it will stay so for the other fakemos aswell. What I hate about some fakemon games is that they make them too complicated with their designs. They add tons of colors and details and it feels like the pokemon is wearing some armor and is not in its originial state. I prefer more simplistic designs.

Also just wanted to point out that there are lots of fakemons on the internet,perhaps take some ideas out of them? Or if you are out of ideas in the future,perhaps make a thread where we can post our ideas/designs.

Looks interesting,wish you all the luck. Let me ask a few questions or say a few things,and if something was answered already and I missed it,I apologise.

Will it have time events like reborn/rejuv for pokemon?

WIll it have field effects?

Will it have hm/tms which are needed on your team most of the time or will they be used just here and there? I actually hope neither of this,I would prefer items replacing the need for those.

Will it have shinies?

And just a few more things to say.So far the 3 starters look cool,and hopefully it will stay so for the other fakemos aswell. What I hate about some fakemon games is that they make them too complicated with their designs. They add tons of colors and details and it feels like the pokemon is wearing some armor and is not in its originial state. I prefer more simplistic designs.

Also just wanted to point out that there are lots of fakemons on the internet,perhaps take some ideas out of them? Or if you are out of ideas in the future,perhaps make a thread where we can post our ideas/designs.

I believe there will be events. Despite most mons will be obtainable in the wild, I'm positively sure some of them will have to be obtainable as events.

As for field effects, I can't answer since that's the coders domain.

And yes, there WILL be shinies.

I'd preffer if we take no ideas in this game from fakemon that are not specifically intended for here on the first place. However, the fakemon production in the internet is so big that I guess we'll do something similar to a fakemon that already exists somewhere at some point, but the intention is for all of them to be fully original.

And well...knowing myself, some designs will end up being more complex than others, but I believe it is posibble to mix complex and simple designs successfully.

In regards of species:

(Note: I never visit the RP Forum, and therefore have no idea about Graterras and the region)

Snowleopard

early game Ice-Type, maybe Ice/Normal, with only one evolution - in the likings of Poochyena/Migthyena; Purrloin/Liepard; Rattata/Raticate etc. (evolving at level 20 - 24)

A fast physical attacker.

names could be:

Snopup -> Snopard

------------------------

Dingo

a normal type dog-like, most likely early-game... maybe make it normal/ground?

------------------------

Emu

A Ground/Flying OR Fighting/Flying Type - since emus are unable to fly, and are pretty agressive (and it would fit the australian theme)

I don't know if you'll bring in gender differences (like with Meowstic), but if so: Male Emus are way more agressive than Females... they could get different stat distribution upon evolving - the male more attack power; the females more defensive.

I haven't come up with names yet...

---------------------------

Australian Collar Lizard (to look it up here is the scientific term: Chlamydosaurus kingii)

a fast Dark Type, since it's main source of defense is Intimidation (would also be it's ability), biting and mainly: running

maybe name it: Colazard (or something)

--------------------------

for possible Fossil-Pokemon:

Megalania

an giant Goana (dragon-lizard) - therefore I'd say Rock/Dragon or Ground/Dragon typing

Diprodoton

essentially a giant Wombat... a Rock/Ground typing maybe?

(both are extinct animals with former australian habitat)

I may work a bit more on these (abilities, moves, stats)... but I'm terribly at drawing, and never tried spriting... so don't expect anything like that... just helping with brainstorming here :P

Graterras is just the name being used, nothing from my RP or that World bleed into this Game. ((otherwise the Gentleman would be riding around sucking out people's souls, and the Ground would be able to eat you sometimes.))

So don't worry about knowing about it. It won't really help anyway lol.

On some of the concepts, I am pretty sure it was noted, but we have something based on the Dingo in the works, otherwise can't say too much else.

Snow Leopard seems interesting... mostly since I am not sure we have that Cat Pokemon line that seems to be in every game so far lol.

The Emu is very very close to another Mon we have much further in development. It certainly isn't a bad idea lol, it would just overlap way to much with something we already have. ((if we didn't have that mon it might have probably been a very big consideration lol.)) Also while the gender diffs sound sweet... dang that would be a pain to get in there. ((like I know there were some issues with Meowstic in Reborn.... making a whole new mon liek that fro scratch? No thank you. Not to mention this idea would usually always be Defensive is one gender the other si the attacker. While it was a cool gimmick for Meowstic it is a gimmick I think that will wear out it's welcome if it is done too much. That is a personal thing... but mostly I don't want to mess with trying to implement it if I can help it. I prefer to not make extra work for myself. Hope you understand that sentiment lol.))

Not sure what to say on the Lizard, other than we got a lot of Dark Types already, It be super hard to squeeze him in. It is mostly to do with Dark Types just being Fast Util based mons quite often and it being easy concept to work with. Much Harder to think of decent Bulky Dark Types imo though this sounds like a psuedo one. ((since Intimidate is certainly a Defensive ability more than anything else.))

I think we have both the fossil mons, however both are those are pretty good ideas so if we don't yet might jsut pop them in. We also don't have a grazy amount of Rock Types yet so you never know.

• Veterans

Hey,since there are a lot of rock types,wynaut make the fossils like ancient relatives to the starters?

Seems like an interesting idea lol.

This is just an idea that I had.

This pokemon's a small puppet made out of straw for a base form which would be Grass. Its evolution could be a split between a man-sized scarecrow with several parts of its straw body replaced by flames being Grass/Flame, and a medium-sized, old/worn out marionette for Grass/Dark.

The two forms can be evolved into using a Fire Stone or Dusk Stone respectively. :3

Edited by Aurorain

Make a Sabertooth Tiger and I will love you forever

Also my prediction for the starters:

Grass / Steel. Just because.

Fire / Normal.

Water / Dragon

And suggestions if you're interested:

Wombat Pokémon

Ground or Ground / Steel
Ability: Thick Fat or something else that fits
High HP and Def
Low Speed
All the rest average

Spiny Thorned Devil

Ability: Sand Veil
Ground / Electric or Rock / Electric (the thorns are the electrical part)
Slow, best stats are Def and SpAtk

Not sure if you can do anything with them. And if you still want NPCs, I have some spare characters that I was going to use in Ymora, but in the end they drew the short stick.

I'm no spriter or coder, but I'm creative-ish at times so I'll try to come up with some interesting and unique Fakemons and NPCs. I'll probably send you fellas a message or two at the end of the week with a few ideas contained.

OMG GRATERRAS AAAAAAH <3

Establishment of being the original Graterras fangirl and laying the hype down: Check and check.

Same with Author, I'll let you folks know if I come up with something and try to focus on Rock and Ice types. Now, normally, I don't really pay much heed to Fakemons, but I'm pretty excited about this for some reason totally not just because the region's named after Graterras or that Hukuna's playing a big part in this project and I bid you guys Godspeed on this. ~

If you need some inspiration or just feel like taking ideas. Here's an old thing. http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2574

In regards of species:

(Note: I never visit the RP Forum, and therefore have no idea about Graterras and the region)

Snowleopard

early game Ice-Type, maybe Ice/Normal, with only one evolution - in the likings of Poochyena/Migthyena; Purrloin/Liepard; Rattata/Raticate etc. (evolving at level 20 - 24)

A fast physical attacker.

names could be:

Snopup -> Snopard

------------------------

Dingo

a normal type dog-like, most likely early-game... maybe make it normal/ground?

------------------------

Emu

A Ground/Flying OR Fighting/Flying Type - since emus are unable to fly, and are pretty agressive (and it would fit the australian theme)

I don't know if you'll bring in gender differences (like with Meowstic), but if so: Male Emus are way more agressive than Females... they could get different stat distribution upon evolving - the male more attack power; the females more defensive.

I haven't come up with names yet...

---------------------------

Australian Collar Lizard (to look it up here is the scientific term: Chlamydosaurus kingii)

a fast Dark Type, since it's main source of defense is Intimidation (would also be it's ability), biting and mainly: running

maybe name it: Colazard (or something)

--------------------------

for possible Fossil-Pokemon:

Megalania

an giant Goana (dragon-lizard) - therefore I'd say Rock/Dragon or Ground/Dragon typing

Diprodoton

essentially a giant Wombat... a Rock/Ground typing maybe?

(both are extinct animals with former australian habitat)

I may work a bit more on these (abilities, moves, stats)... but I'm terribly at drawing, and never tried spriting... so don't expect anything like that... just helping with brainstorming here :P

This is just an idea that I had.

This pokemon's a small puppet made out of straw for a base form which would be Grass. Its evolution could be a split between a man-sized scarecrow with several parts of its straw body replaced by flames being Grass/Flame, and a medium-sized, old/worn out marionette for Grass/Dark.

The two forms can be evolved into using a Fire Stone or Dusk Stone respectively. :3

Make a Sabertooth Tiger and I will love you forever

Also my prediction for the starters:

Grass / Steel. Just because.

Fire / Normal.

Water / Dragon

And suggestions if you're interested:

Wombat Pokémon

Ground or Ground / Steel

Ability: Thick Fat or something else that fits

High HP and Def

Low Speed

All the rest average

Spiny Thorned Devil

Ability: Sand Veil

Ground / Electric or Rock / Electric (the thorns are the electrical part)

Slow, best stats are Def and SpAtk

Not sure if you can do anything with them. And if you still want NPCs, I have some spare characters that I was going to use in Ymora, but in the end they drew the short stick.

Thank you all guys for your suggestions in regards to new species. Unfortunately, because of my shaky internet connection, I have just caused a huge mess, and I am currently working to restore all of the stuff that I have accidentally ruined. Because of this, right I don't have the time to go through your suggestions, refine them, complete their movepools and so on: I will get back at you guys once this situation has been resolved.

And Chim (and everyone else), as I mentioned we welcome all ideas for NPCs, so feel free to post those in this topic to your heart's content ;)

And to whoever asked about Field Effects: no we are not going to have those. The reason is simple: we suck at coding and we are aware of it. Therefore, we will keep things as simple as possible: however, we will still find ways to make boss battles (be them gym-related or plot-related) absolutely GRUELING, so don't worry ;)

I dare say that the natural difficulty and the thrill of playing a game without knowing all there is to know about the Pokemon beforehand will be the main selling points of this game: when was the last time you captured a Pokemon, and you genuinely didn't know anything about it, its strengths, its evolutions, its abilities, and you didn't have any way to immediately find such info on the internet?

Name him Azery.

That's one way to make bug leaders absolutely grueling ;)

Fixed it for you <3

And I'll see if I can find the document with extra characters. I haven't fleshed them out completely though.

I'm totally down for Fakemon. Since I'm almost done with finals, I will have a lot of spare time on my hands the next months, so I would love to help you guys out. Although I'm not into scripting, I can offer you my far-from-professional spriting skills. With that comes a really creative mind holding lots of ideas for pokemon, characters etc. If you guys are interested, I can send you some fakemon I did a while back as a sample!

Edited by Calvius

I'm totally down for Fakemon. Since I'm almost done with finals, I will have a lot of spare time on my hands the next months, so I would love to help you guys out. Although I'm not into scripting, I can offer you my far-from-professional spriting skills. With that comes a really creative mind holding lots of ideas for pokemon, characters etc. If you guys are interested, I can send you some fakemon I did a while back as a sample!

I am interested, but as mentioned, I am kinda in a messy situation right now... Let's do it this way: send a message to me with some sample ideas and some sprites, and I'll reply whenever I solve this mess ok?

• Veterans

Fixed it for you <3

And I'll see if I can find the document with extra characters. I haven't fleshed them out completely though.

I laughed so fucking hard Chim...................Thanks for the only laugh I've had all day I guess? :P

OCMjSLm.png

Ladies and gentlemen, we are glad to announce that we have reached a grand total of 87 individual species. The complection of the Pokedex is just around the corner. In thanking you all for your enthusiastic contributions, we would like to ask you to suggest less ideas for Pokemon and more ideas for human NPCs (gym leaders and E4 for now), as we need the latter much more than the former at this stage.

Incidentally, when you see a post from either myself, Zim or Hukuna that begins with the "the following announcement has been paid for by #FOLD " banner, it means that you can expect an important announcement and/or a juicy preview/reveal. Such posts will be made roughly one per week, to keep the hype train rolling ;)

On other news, Nova and Azery have been added to the "Who we are" section! Congratulations are in order people, give it up for them!

• Veterans

I'm gunna do both so here:

Derlavian

Type:Fire/Rock

Ability:Evaporation:Makes Water type moves do not very effective damage(1/2)

Low HP

High Attack

High Defense

Low Special Attack

Average Special Defense

Low Speed

For a Gym leader,how about a Flying Type Gym leader that's part of the national ranger force/police?

I'm gunna do both so here:

Derlavian

Type:Fire/Rock

Ability:Evaporation:Makes Water type moves do not very effective damage(1/2)

Low HP

High Attack

High Defense

Low Special Attack

Average Special Defense

Low Speed

For a Gym leader,how about a Flying Type Gym leader that's part of the national ranger force/police?

You do realize that you could have just... Wait nevermind I am stupid. Gimme a minute...

Dark gym needs to be done....clearly can't be a haunted house....how about just a pitch black hole in the ground and to move down the gym is kind of like a spiral staircase and as you travel down the stair a lite can be flicked on ???

gothic looking? maybe a dude with hood that you can't see his face??/

17955070-Invisible-man-in-the-hood-Black

Edited by Red_Chaos