Pokemon Se7en - Currently on hiatus

crazy idea

Farming Gym leader, has a lot of pokemon that are similar to crops or animals, maybe the whole town is composed of agricultural farming ground and you evil team some how disables the water supply and you have to help the gym leader out.

Basic concept: in the shape of a corn seed
Name: PoppyCorn???
Type: Earth/Grass
Gender ratio: 50/50
Abilities: (Up to 3 of which one hidden)
Base stats:
Movepool (by level and via TM):
Evolution: lvls up to a corn stalk something????
Pokedex entry:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

crazy idea

Farming Gym leader, has a lot of pokemon that are similar to crops or animals, maybe the whole town is composed of agricultural farming ground and you evil team some how disables the water supply and you have to help the gym leader out.

Base stats:
Pokedex entry:

Let's see: if you check the map, you'll see that city C is the last green area before the desert begins. So I can see a Grass gym having a theme similar to the one you said, and being located in that city: basically, they are a community of fronteer farmers, who have to fight with the desert over every square inch of land, with the gym leader also being the major/elder of the town...

In this context however, I think it would make more sense for the Pokemon that you are suggesting to be based to one of those plants that adapt to the life in the desert and are able to absorb humidity from the surroundings in order to survive, rather than on corn... Truth be told, I was already planning to create a Grass/Ground Pokemon, but I haven't yet, so this might be just the imput I needed...

crazy idea

Base stats:
Pokedex entry:

Silly human, there's no such thing as the Earth type XD

But the idea for a ground/grass sounds interesting, but corn...I mean, would it be a corn animal, like, dunno, a mix between bug and corn? some bugs eat corn, but then again no bug type, ground type. What about....a snake? A seed of corn would be the shape of the head, and then there would be a...corn tail or whatever for the body. Dunno you have to give me more details.

OMG EUFUR IS SO CUTE

This game looks cool! I think that if Uranium was successful, this one can be, too. I've also seen you guys also talking about some of your Fakemon creations in the Status Update section. They were small teasers to get me intrigued.

BTW, yay! I got the seventh vote!

Edited by Chubb the Pig

Silly human, there's no such thing as the Earth type XD

But the idea for a ground/grass sounds interesting, but corn...I mean, would it be a corn animal, like, dunno, a mix between bug and corn? some bugs eat corn, but then again no bug type, ground type. What about....a snake? A seed of corn would be the shape of the head, and then there would be a...corn tail or whatever for the body. Dunno you have to give me more details.

Let's see: if you check the map, you'll see that city C is the last green area before the desert begins. So I can see a Grass gym having a theme similar to the one you said, and being located in that city: basically, they are a community of fronteer farmers, who have to fight with the desert over every square inch of land, with the gym leader also being the major/elder of the town...

In this context however, I think it would make more sense for the Pokemon that you are suggesting to be based to one of those plants that adapt to the life in the desert and are able to absorb humidity from the surroundings in order to survive, rather than on corn... Truth be told, I was already planning to create a Grass/Ground Pokemon, but I haven't yet, so this might be just the imput I needed...

here are some desert plants

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_palm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citrus

an article about drowing stuff without soil????

http://www.livescience.com/42835-soil-free-farming-grows-vegetables-in-the-desert.html

um as for the corn pokemon, idk maybe its more similar to to a lileep, maybe a snake type figure that can pose as a corn plant, but can sneak underground like a digett

The first thing that came to mind upon seeing the starters:

YOU BROKE THE RULE FOR THE FIRE STARTERS! (a bit of nerd-rage on my side :P)

since all official fire-starters are based on the chinese zodiak-signs... and Kangaroo is not one of them :P

and: YAY for new Eeveelutions! :D

(there should be a few concepts floating arround here in the create your own pokemon thread)

and for the love of the almighty Mew, Helix and Arceus combined... please(!!!) don't let the Kangaroo be Fire/Fighting... it is a pretty obvious choice... but... COME ON!

The first thing that came to mind upon seeing the starters:

YOU BROKE THE RULE FOR THE FIRE STARTERS! (a bit of nerd-rage on my side :P)

since all official fire-starters are based on the chinese zodiak-signs... and Kangaroo is not one of them :P

and: YAY for new Eeveelutions! :D

(there should be a few concepts floating arround here in the create your own pokemon thread)

and for the love of the almighty Mew, Helix and Arceus combined... please(!!!) don't let the Kangaroo be Fire/Fighting... it is a pretty obvious choice... but... COME ON!

I new something like this would come! That's when my secret plan comes in action:

They're not kangaroos. They're rabbits. If they look like kangaroos to you, well, no idea where you got that from buddy. Rabbits are legitimately included in the chinese zodiak

As for the Eeveelutions, all I know is I'm making my ghost type Eevee into this. I believe a maxium of 3 eeveelutions, like the 1st gen did, would be about fine.

XD that's all I got but yeah I knew someone would bring it up.

And well, regarding the typing you suspect.... Mew, Helix and Arceus aren't really that powerful, y' know? XD

I didn't know the badger was a chineze zodiac sign... Nor the fennec actually :P

Giant rats and wild dogs, is probably the answer a fan of zodiak-based fire starters would give you XD

I new something like this would come! That's when my secret plan comes in action:

They're not kangaroos. They're rabbits. If they look like kangaroos to you, well, no idea where you got that from buddy. Rabbits are legitimately included in the chinese zodiak

ummmm... well... because it says so:

Roobber, the fire starter, is the wannabe Pokemon: it is a small kangaroo that admires its elders for their strength and never backs down from a fight, even when severely ourmatched. It dreams to one day be recognized as a champion and, since we had run out of our quota of cliché, it doesn't wear boxing gloves.

-Cutsey kangaroo creature

but yeah... another Fire/Fighting... I'm just tired of it... after three consecutive generations... why not something like Fire/Fairy (if it's supposed to be a Rabbit! :P

Edit:

and yeah:

Fennekin = Fennec = species of fox = foxes are a family of canines = Dog

Cyndaquil = Firemouse (according to Pokedex) = Rat

Charmander (or rather Charizard) = Dragon

Torchic line = Cock / Chicken

Chimchar line = Monkey

Tepig Line = Pig

you could assume Ponyta could be the Horse Zodiak... even though it is not a starter

Edited by Cepheus

ummmm... well... because it says so:

but yeah... another Fire/Fighting... I'm just tired of it... after three consecutive generations... why not something like Fire/Fairy (if it's supposed to be a Rabbit! :P

Don't know what to say... you also have a water/??? and a grass/??? something to pick. Also, rabbits are the fighters of nature! no rabbit pokemon could ever be anything other than a PURE FIGHTING TYPE

Just tossing out a few brainstorms for the starter evolution types; Since Eufur seems like a panda or koala...ya know, I'm actually not sure. It could turn out like Chesnaught and be Grass/Fighting, or following that, Grass/Psychic like it's in a state of zen/meditation.

Roobber seems like it could follow the more recent tradition of Fire/Fighting considering it's kangaroo-like, but then I got to thinking...and Fire/Electric popped into my mind, since it could like supercharge its fists with electricity from how much it moves them, idk.

Lifoam however, I think it could actually turn out to be like Kingdra with a Water/Dragon typing since it resembles a lizard. But, these are merely ideas~ :D

Edited by Aurorain

Ok so, since it has been brought to my attention that it might be difficult, for people who want to contribute with ideas for new species, to do so without knowing what kind of Pokemon we already have in the project, here is a list of notable animals that we have already used as basis for some creation(s) of ours:

Koala

Kangaroo

Australian water dragon

Platypus

Dingo

Cassowary

Bilby

Magpie

Kookaburra

Dodo

Tasmanian devil

Rabbit

Spider (we have 3 of those, as a matter of fact)

Wolf

Sheep

Wild boar

Sand goanna

Kiwi

Dragonfly

Well actually the last two kinda sorta got lost in development along the way, but we should get them done sooner or later. We have a lot more species than this, but the others are either mix and match critters, or based on something other than animals (objects, plants, a frigging pirate ship, and various mythological creatures). So yeah, these are the notable animals we have used as basis for our creations: if you want to suggest something new, make sure it is not inspired to any of these.

And with this being said, I am going to sleep, goodnight everyone and thank you for your kind support! Now and forever, #FOLD

Hmm.... pretty cool concept.

I have an idea.

Maybe in some mountainous town/city (preferably) there would be a two twins/really close friends/couple, gym leaders, (think: tate and liza from hoenn) that were the fire/water type gym leaders one being the fiery passionate one and the other being the level-headed person that is the mature one.

Also, are you going to implement megas for your fakemon?!

Nope... Megas really aren't a priority. Besides it would feel weird to introduce a bunch of new mons... and give them Mega's on top of them being new. SO it is probably jsut going to be avoided.

Hmm.... pretty cool concept.

I have an idea.

Maybe in some mountainous town/city (preferably) there would be a two twins/really close friends/couple, gym leaders, (think: tate and liza from hoenn) that were the fire/water type gym leaders one being the fiery passionate one and the other being the level-headed person that is the mature one.

Also, are you going to implement megas for your fakemon?!

Nope... Megas really aren't a priority. Besides it would feel weird to introduce a bunch of new mons... and give them Mega's on top of them being new. SO it is probably jsut going to be avoided.

Yeah what he said. But I like the idea for the Red Oni, Blue Oni gym. As a matter of fact, I had in mind an idea for a particularly grueling double battle (Hukuna knows what I am talking about ;) ) which would fit perfectly with this concept of yours: and since either city A or E are going to be the last gym of the game (and both are major ports) I think this culd very well be used as 8th and final gym. Thank you for the contribution!

Okay, I see Kiwi got lost in development, so I was wondering if I could give a shot at designing it? I've got a few ideas, and I'll post in the PM.

Answered to this privately :)

Them shiny anime eyes tho.

Sounds like you've got a plan and the means to carry it out. Good luck! Out of curiosity, who will be creating or from whom will you be obtaining the soundtrack?
what is this reading that i do not do

Edited by Atokhidon

Oh, forgot to mention, are there going to be any new types? Probably not, since they would be kinda difficult and not necessary. But some Fakemon games do have new types.

And are there going to be Episodes like Reborn has, for every Gym Leader (or two)?

There won't be new types.... no thanks I don't feel like coding that. ((not to mention the types that are already canon cover pretty much everything that needs to be... anymore it would just begin to feel super crowded.)). I kinda don't believe in getting that crazy different from the Main Series games. Like some new abilities, a few new moves maybe... but a whole new type? Na, that is a bit too crazy imo. ((not to mention what would it even be? What would it resist? Would it throw off the entire semi-balance that already exists? What moves would change to this type? What new moves for this type would exist?)) like all the questions have to be answered before putting it in even begins... and I don't know about you... but that isn't something I would feel like having to work through before getting into just making the game.

As to how the episodes will go... not sure how exactly they will be planned yet, since we haven't gotten quite that far in the working process as of now lol.

I'm no spriter or coder, but I'm creative-ish at times so I'll try to come up with some interesting and unique Fakemons and NPCs. I'll probably send you fellas a message or two at the end of the week with a few ideas contained.