THE AL MIGHTY GARCHOMP DEFEATED ON THE VOLCANO

Johnnie

And yes the allmighty Solaris and his lvl 75 Garchomp was deafeated......3x intimidate by Mightyena Snubull and Ekans....then Typhlosion with a series of Smokescreens....then roselia with leech seed.....then Medicham with Acupressure to increase all my stats at random (took about 5 minutes to stack the attack 2 times).....then a Hi Jump Kick,,,,, and BOOM !!!!! also the dialogue is changing....got about 5000+ exp for each....roselia and medicham....and 7500$ for anyone interested about what happens exactly

SOLARIS: Hmph. There's no point in continuing
CAIN: What do you mean, "no point?" It's a battle!
SOLARIS: It's inconsequential.

I basically prankster growled, burned it and cursed it with cofagrigus and had mamoswine finish the job. It may be strong but not unstoppable.

good strategy.....i would have Dusknoir but i got bored to find the one i want with good IVs

Cottonee and Pineco did the trick for me.

• Cottonee uses Leech Seed!
  • Garchomp burns Cottonee to death with Fire Fang!
  • Cottonee survives and uses Stun Spore!
  • Garchomp wipes out Cottonee!
  • Trevo sends out Pineco!
  • Pineco spams different attacks!
  • Garchomp tries to kill Pineco with different attacks!
  • Pineco survives with Sturdy, and completely heals, thanks to Cottonee's Leech Seed!
  • And... Repeat bullets 6-9!

Essentially, this resulted in a really long battle, which made Solaris waste all of his Full Restores, and the ending inevitable for him. Needless to say, I won.

Switched in and out of a granbull and arbok who were both holding air balloons. Finished it off with chesnaught who proceeded to use leech seed, then alternate between rock smash and spiky shield.

Its not too hard to beat the garchomp with a good plan, the problem is that beating the garchomp messes with the storyline somwhat, supposedly.

Solaris is a wimp. He couldn't even defeat a level 1 Bonsly...

...with Sturdy...

...while leech seeded by my other pokemon.

That battle was hilarious to watch.

Edited by Jaromir

There's really no point to beat it though..

Well, you gain quite some money instead of losing half of yours (money is quite scarce in reborn), and if you plan well the big amount of experience can be pretty nice. So it is profitable to beat him, but I'm unsure if it affects the story negatively.

Well, you gain quite some money instead of losing half of yours (money is quite scarce in reborn), and if you plan well the big amount of experience can be pretty nice. So it is profitable to beat him, but I'm unsure if it affects the story negatively.

You don't lose money from Solaris anymore in the new episodes. Ame did get rid of that money problem. If you lose to solaris, you will just lose, but not any money.

Solaris is a wimp. He couldn't even defeat a level 1 Bonsly...

...with Sturdy...

...while leech seeded by my other pokemon.

That battle was hilarious to watch.

I want to know how much experience that Bonsly got afterward.

I only made the effort to defeat it once - via Sand Attack Prankster Purrloin.

But I'll probably never attempt to defeat it again in my future playthroughs - because I think you're supposed to lose to it anyway.

I made a standard FEAR Rattata (lvl 34) to take care of Garchomp. You need to use a Yamask/Cofagrigus first to apply Mummy to get rid of Rough Skin or it won't work at all . . .

You also need to get lucky that Garchomp uses a contact move (AKA, not Earthquake) to kill Yamask/Cofagrigus, but this isn't that unlikely . . .

He has 3 Full Restores IIRC, so just use Endeavour 4 times until he runs out. It has 5 PP by default so this will work.

Use Sucker Punch once he is out of Full Restores. This still didn't quite kill Garchomp for me though because of his Leftovers.

I then switched to my Intimidate Pokemon (Luxray; lvl 41) and attempted to paralyze him with Spark but was unsuccessful. After two tries, Luxary was gone . . . :(

I then switched to my Sturdy Magneton (lvl 39) and spammed Flash Cannon. Lucky, he missed one attack, which gave me the opportunity to win! ^_^

This method did not require me to:

1. Use any healing items in battle.

2. Level any pokemon over the cap (lvl 45) to get additional moves.

3. Breed or EV-train at all . . .

4. Plough through a very long and boring battle. This was only about 10-12 turns.

Edited by ReddestDream

I then switched to my Intimidate Pokemon (Luxray; lvl 41) and attempted to paralyze him with Spark but was unsuccessful. After two tries, Luxary was gone . . . :(

...Uh?

My whole "triple Intimidate + Will-O-Wisp" plan is nice because it also meets those criteria.

My entire playthrough thus far has been devoid of using items in battle and pre-switching after fainting an opponent's Pokémon.

...Uh?

My whole "triple Intimidate + Will-O-Wisp" plan is nice because it also meets those criteria.

My entire playthrough thus far has been devoid of using items in battle and pre-switching after fainting an opponent's Pokémon.

Thanks! ^_^

I might try Intimidate + Will-O-Wisp too. My use of Luxray was full of fail in that battle . . . :(

I play on Set, so I don't get a pre-switch either.

Edited by ReddestDream

Simple way is to use perish song and 3 decoy pokemon to stall out the 3 turns. Well i used a kricketune cause u can catch em easily.

1) Put focus shash on the kricketune(for 100% effectiveness),luck based version put quick claw and pray u move first

2) use perish song

3) switch out to decoy pkmS

4) stall out until perish song effect take hold and poof free exp and $$ and u just need 3 turns :)

i used this to beat that ditto Arceus