That feeling when you cream that one leader

Monochrome_Complex

It feels so good man, anybody else ever get that feeling? First you get rocked like a roggenrola but then comeback later on and absolutely destroy the gym leader?

1st playthrough charlotte roasted me sideways so many times I lost count. I couldn't, didn't know how, and had to train up a noibat from like level 30 all the way to a level 65 Noivern just to stand a chance. Even then it still took multiple tries and some good luck.

This playthrough I was expecting her to deliver the hurts again.

Not only do I win first attempt, but I didn't even end up using my full team. In fact I lost only one pokemon(Rapidash) and that's because fire blast missed twice in a row(it would right? lol). I used Gigalith, Hariyama, Typhlosion and Rapidash. fake out +Stealth rock + rockslide + flash fire = GGs. Her Typhlosion no longer having energy ball made taking him and Darmy down at the same time(key) a lot easier. Just don't let Ninetales show up with him because that will make his solarbeam a death ray for any rock type.

Really general advice to anyone playing Reborn: Typhlosion is INCREDIBLE, I'm a believer now. I never liked the dude too much before but Reborn with its field stuff makes him an absolute monster once he gets eruption(so yeah heart scale on evolution). Those 9 red shards are worth it, believe me. I got him and Rapidash juiced up off a heatwave and went to town with the both of them, just WRECKED except rotom KOing Rapidash due to fire blast missing TWICE ugh that never happens :/

Rather than fight the fire, embrace it and turn it against her. That was my mistake first playthrough, not having anyone who could take advantage of her field and constantly aiming to destroy/subdue it instead. That just leaves you more likely for error.or getting screwed over. Darminitan getting a flinch or crit off rock slide will ruin you though so be careful.

But man I'm so happy right now. It's weird because the same thing happened with Shade where last playthrough he ended up forcing me to change like nearly my entire team while this time I beat him first attempt. On the other hand it was the opposite with Luna and Noel who were a lot harder this time compared to last playthough where they were fairly easy.

Yeah it's pretty public knowledge that Typhlosion is great for that fight. I personally think it's great in general, which is why I've been using that line since the start of my first playthrough but hey.

Personally I actually prefer it when you win by the skin of your teeth, only one pokemon left standing at the end and it's pretty beat up. That's when you know you had to fight for that badge.

Personally I actually prefer it when you win by the skin of your teeth, only one pokemon left standing at the end and it's pretty beat up. That's when you know you had to fight for that badge.

I agree with this. On my first playthrough, I almost lost to Noel for the 1827390th time - but I barely won with my last Pokemon (Arcanine) with a sliver of health left. I don't usually shout when I play computer games, but this one made me did it.

Hardest Gym Leader for me... That's actually hard for me to say because my team is usually equipped the point where most battles are moderately challenging (Aya, Corey, Shade, Kiki, etc), or complete pushovers (Shelly, Florinia, Noel, Radomus, etc).

This doesn't count as a Gym Leader, but Sigmund and Sirius are usually the hardest fights in the game for me, for whatever reason.

Really general advice to anyone playing Reborn: Typhlosion is INCREDIBLE, I'm a believer now. I never liked the dude too much before but Reborn with its field stuff makes him an absolute monster once he gets eruption(so yeah heart scale on evolution). Those 9 red shards are worth it, believe me. I got him and Rapidash juiced up off a heatwave and went to town with the both of them, just WRECKED except rotom KOing Rapidash due to fire blast missing TWICE ugh that never happens :/

With field effects, I'd put Typhlosion easily into the top 5 starters in the game, (I personally rank him 2nd or 3rd, behind Blaziken and maybe Infernape) and the top 5 fire types.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

Personally I'd put him above Infernape since with eruption and flash fire he's easily the strongest fire type for most of the game at least in sheer firepower.

Infernape is really good(I used him last playthrough) but doesn't pack as much of a punch. He's certainly one of the best fighting types however.

What makes Blaziken so good though?

Personally I'd put him above Infernape since with eruption and flash fire he's easily the strongest fire type for most of the game at least in sheer firepower.

Infernape is really good(I used him last playthrough) but doesn't pack as much of a punch. He's certainly one of the best fighting types however.

What makes Blaziken so good though?

I'm guessing it has access to a set-up move, and also has Speed Boost - making it a potential sweeper.

I'm guessing it has access to a set-up move, and also has Speed Boost - making it a potential sweeper.

No set-up move, but he has Speed Boost and Hi Jump Kick-that alone means he can 6-0 Samson easily.

True, I'd forgotten about that move. It's no Swords Dance, but it helps. He is, however, very bad in double battles as he has almost no multi-attacks. The main reason I couldn't beat Charlotte using a mono fire team was I had nothing with heat wave etc-all my attacks were single attacks, whereas she had Heat Waves and Eruptions everywhere. for doubles, I'd say Typhlosion or Charizard are better bets.

True, I'd forgotten about that move. It's no Swords Dance, but it helps. He is, however, very bad in double battles as he has almost no multi-attacks. The main reason I couldn't beat Charlotte using a mono fire team was I had nothing with heat wave etc-all my attacks were single attacks, whereas she had Heat Waves and Eruptions everywhere. for doubles, I'd say Typhlosion or Charizard are better bets.

You do have Typhlosion though right?

I do, but when I faced Charlotte he was underlevelld, and I make a point of not grinding for Gym Leaders. (He was ground vs wild mons after beating her).

I'm just going to quote this from my mono-ice run. Some background info about the fight however. I had put limitations on myself to make the game harder. No items in battle, Battle style on set and no going over the gym leaders highest level unless you level up in battle. The one exception to this was Julia... for the level cap i mean. Anyway, God is a Delibird with more than just present, TeePee is a Snorunt and Scoops is a Vanillite. They were all level 30. Here's RNG hell Corey which took, and I quote, 104 tries to beat!

HOLY SHIT THE RNG HELL IS OVER!!! Putting so many restrictions on yourself for a battle makes this kind of shit happen. I finally did i though. I had to change Delibirds item to an Oran Berry because the Metronome is broken and doesn't actually power up your moves over time, as I could tell from using Aerial Ace five times in a row with God. Let me detail what had to happen in this RNG Hell called Hard Mode Corey Mono Ice. Leading with Delibird V Skrelp I had to set up Substitute and beat Skrelp with the Substitute still up. Sounds easy right? NO! If he got a max damage Acid my sub would fade. If he used Bubble, my sub would fade. I had to hope he either got minimum damage acid or just never used any attacks at all. What made this even more difficult? I had to make sure he used the Super Potion on Skrelp, otherwise he would use it on Skuntank and I'd lose. Skrelp dies with all Conditions met. Next Skuntank comes out. Here I had to go for Icy Wind, then he would break my sub. After my sub goes down, I get poisoned and use Facade. He has about 1/5 of his health left. He either needs to go for Pursuit or Smokescreen here if I want to win. If he goes for any other move I lose. He uses Smokescreen. Great, now I need to hope another Icy Wind hits and gets max damage. why not Facade or Aerial Ace? Because Aftermath would KO me. It goes down to my surprise. Croagunk goes out and my Oran Berry hasn't been triggered yet. I have 33 HP. He goes for Sucker Punch which is ok. It crits. Here I thought the run was over again, but Delibird OHKO'd with Aerial Ace, healed with the Oran Berry and after poison had 1 HP again. Nidorina comes out and gets hit by Aerial Ace. What helped however? I got a critical hit! This put it in range to be killed by TeePee's Icy Wind. TeePee is faster and KO's it. It gets poisoned, but my pecha berry saves me from that. Grimer comes out and I spam Icy Wind. TeePee goes down when Grimer is at red health. At this point I thought the run was lost because so many factors go into the Crobat. Scoops KO's Grimer and his Pecha Berry heals his poison. Crobat comes out ready to murder me once more. How does RNG play here? If Crobat Venoshocks I lose. If he Nasty Plots I lose. If he Crits with Air Cutter I lose. If I miss Icy Wind I lose. I use Avalanche and he uses Air Cutter. I'm left with 43 HP. Poison comes back and leaves me at 34. If he lands a venoshock, max damage air cutter or I miss Icy Wind, it's all over. He uses Air Cutter and Scoops lives with 3 HP. He uses Icy Wind. Does it hit? YES!!! OF COURSE IT DID!!! Scoops did it and won us the day.