Who's your favourite starter for Reborn?

Helia

Who is your favourite starter for Reborn?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite Reborn starter?

• Bulbasaur
    • Charmander
    • Squirtle
    • Chikorita
    • Cyndaquil
    • Totodile
    • Treecko
    • Torchic
    • Mudkip
    • Turtwig
    • Chimchar
    • Piplup
    • Snivy
    • Tepig
    • Oshawott
    • Chespin
    • Fennekin
    • Froakie

Just wondering, everyone has their favourites, but maybe out of strategic eyepoint you choose an other starter in a second (or even later) playthrough.

For people who've done the game with multiple starters, share your experiences, your favourites, and let the games commence!

6-ru-paul-drag-race-545.gif?height=302&w

For me personally, Mudkip was an easy choice. I've always liked Swampert for it's typing. Knowing the first gym was Electric type around 16, Marshtomp came in as a beast, too.

Edited by Helia

Chespin has been my first. Quilladin's Pin Missle is a hard counter to Flobot's Cradily, so long as you get 3 or more hits consistently. the desert field makes it strong, it's physical so sandstorm doesn't reduce damage, and it's one of the few types cradily is weak to!

So far I have played the game with Froakie, Fennekin, Chespin and Mudkip (...and Charmander but that save file got deleted :(...)

I honestly think all four of them are really helpful. Protean and Bulletproof are magnificent abilities, while Delphox and Swampert both hit really hard. For the vote though, I shall go with Froakie - because its the cutest xD

I'm going to be that one guy (like usual) and pick Squirtle. Squirtle may seem like a poor choice due to being weak to electric and grass, but man can this guy kick butt in ALL the gym leader fights so far. Para-Flinch haxing that Cradily to death was absolutely priceless on my first playthrough and combined with Scrafty, those two have KO'd more Pokemon than anyone on my team.

• Veterans

I have to go with Snivy,I had a run where Glare,Coil,Leech Seed and Leaf Blade Serperior smashed through the game for me it was Ruthless 6-0ing every single thing in its path it was like 5 levels above the rest of my team...ah good times ;3

Solar Power Charizard has served me well, once I got the sunny day tm, taught it and if it got a turn to set up the sun, flamethrower blasted it's way through anything that didn't resist it.

My next normal run will probably be with a Bulletproof Chespin, my second all time favorite, charmander being my first.

So far I've used Froakie, Torchic, Turtwig and Fennekin. Out of those 4 I would have to say Fennekin without a doubt. I love the Fire/Psychic combination. Delphox also looks awesome. Unfortunately for Delphox, one of my favorite Pokemon just happens to be Darmanitan. I have no use for two fire types on my team.

Proninja is amazing so I can say that Greninja has not disappointed at all and Infernape also is a huge plus although I think froakie is consistently stronger throughout the game due to his ability.

I actually did attempt fennekin but stopped after julia whomped me. I could never get into fennekin's line too much even though Braixen is cute.

Fennekin is my choice here. Is pretty useful in the early game. Not that much against Julia, but as mentioned by fireheart there sure are lots of poison types, so the psychic factor comes in handy. Also is a good addition against PULSE Tangrowth, Florinia, Corey/Aya as long as it doesn't get poisoned by the field, and in general is a good team member.

The other one I picked was Froakie, but I never finished that run. We all know what Greninja does, so dunno I guess it's good. Contrary Snivy or Speed Boost Torchic are both pretty good as well, for their own reasons each.

Typhlosion is my favorite Pokemon, so it's pretty obvious which one I voted. Plus I feel Typhlosion really benefits from the field effects, more so than the likes of Charizard. Feraligatr is my favorite water type, but whenever I don't feel like messing around with saves to give myself a Totodile egg, I use Mudkip as my water type in Reborn, so Mudkip gets a third.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

I started with Greninja and damn it wasn't fun.. Protean is awesome if you have the moves.. Grenny doesn't... Not untill TMs are available..

Torchic is good.. Need to try a Turtwig.. Though my vote goes to Totodile.. I wub dat..

Finished my first playthrough of reborn and have to say Typhlosion was mvp thru a lot of trainers and gym battles. Flash fire eruptions against Cal and Charollette just reckted their faces with them unable to touch him with their own fire moves.