"The Axe"

Amethyst

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Support Squad

I strongly disagree. There are already Pokemon available before Florinia that do better against her. Florinia also has a Ferroseed that doesn't take SE damage from Vanillite's STABs.

Well we're not expecting a sweep here, just for it to be useful and viable for use. Hitting 3/6 fairly hard isn't something to snigger about, especially that early in the game when it's given to you at an ideal time to adopt it into your team.

Also, as for working for it, it's a simple matter of buying a chocolate ice cream on a sunny day in opal and giving it to the kid in the sweet shop. You can even keep buying vanillites for whatever nature/Ivs you want.

Well, I get what you're trying to do, but the fact is that there are just some pokemon that will never be useful under any circumstances because they're just too fundamentally weak and can't be improved (Ducklett), or because the pokemon available are so bad that you just can't win against the next gym leader. I get it though; If you give everyone a bunch of bad pokemon options like when it's time to face a powerful gym leader like Florinia, then then they have to rely solely on luck to win, especially because they can't grind and get overleveled. But for pokemon like Gastly, include them in much later gyms, but not in the beginning. Imagine having to fight Florinia with a team of nothing but the most basic Pokemon?

Personally,because I know some pokemon will be axed, that's why I catch a bunch of different pokemon that will be strong at later levels. Pokemon to include in the beginning gyms would be ones like Slakoth, Sunkern, Pichu, Mime Jr, Oddish, Smoochum, Surskit, wingull, things like that, that can't get too strong. (And of course all the basics that aren't much use later on). Oh and make sure that any Ralts available is a female so no Gallades.

No one's expecting pokemon like Aegislash anytime soon, but I am amazed that you added in Trapinch (Flygon) to this game. People underestimate Flygon, but it can rip holes in teams when i've used it.

Edited by fireflame

So, I was checking out the obtainable list and I have my questionsmarks with the following:

Jellicent line

Mandibuzz line

Gliscor line

Cloyster line

Skarmory

Tentacruel line

Weavile line

Hippowdon line

Ferrothorn line.

Why are these not available? It's not like they're THAT good? I personally have no experience with any of em but battling them they have proven not much of nuisance to me, especially after youre done with episode 14 I don't see them being that overpowered?

• Veterans

So, I was checking out the obtainable list and I have my questionsmarks with the following:

Jellicent line

Mandibuzz line

Gliscor line

Cloyster line

Skarmory

Tentacruel line

Weavile line

Hippowdon line

Ferrothorn line.

Why are these not available? It's not like they're THAT good? I personally have no experience with any of em but battling them they have proven not much of nuisance to me, especially after youre done with episode 14 I don't see them being that overpowered?

Thing is,some of them don't have a suitable REACHABLE Location yet and Weavile is just blocked off by Waterfall. If you want Gliscor,Get a gligar and obtain all the stickers. Then use ep13 to reach to upper floor and get its item :/

• Administrators

Well, I get what you're trying to do, but the fact is that there are just some pokemon that will never be useful under any circumstances because they're just too fundamentally weak and can't be improved (Ducklett), or because the pokemon available are so bad that you just can't win against the next gym leader.

Incidentally, Dan just did a playthrough with Ducklett and was telling me how it's actually a surprisingly strong pick.

As I said in the OP one of Reborn's goals is to take these Pokemon and encourage the players to find new value in them. So, I don't really think that "fact" is something to be considered.

Jellicent line

Mandibuzz line

Gliscor line

Cloyster line

Skarmory

Tentacruel line

Weavile line

Hippowdon line

Ferrothorn line.

An interesting list considering all of those were OU or very close thereto either this generation or last.

(Last gen has less impact now obviously, but, it's when availability placement was initially planned)

• Support Squad

As evidenced by the big Talonflame kerfuffle though, OU =/= Ingame good.

That said though, why Is the Braviary line in game and not Mandibuzz? They're found in the same place in B/W, so why not in Reborn as an event? Route 2 makes sense for it.

• Veterans

That said though, why Is the Braviary line in game and not Mandibuzz? They're found in the same place in B/W, so why not in Reborn as an event? Route 2 makes sense for it.

Adding to this,I'd prefer Mandibuzz around Randomus though since it's a dark type but not super OP like Bisharp or Sableye as they just smash through him.I'm pretty sure the only dark type moves Mandibuzz learns by level up are Punishment,Feint attack and Dark Pulse...not exactly OP against him though it can learn knock off through breeding. How about a similar case with Pinsir and Heracross?

I'm not superfamiliar with the tiers so I dunno. I just like Jellicent's design but didn't use it in my Black playthrough because I didn't get it before I was done with the gyms.

Cloyster and Tentacruel I just like designwise and for gen 1 nostalgia, also for seeing them on Aya and Serra made me wanna use either of em. Skarmory, Hippopotas and Vullaby seem very in place at route 2, same as Gliscor and Ferroseed.

Though Gliscor may be quite OP against Char, sooo I dunno.

Oh i thought Mandibuzz was already in-game. Yes, I also support Route 2 as its potential location.

An interesting list considering all of those were OU or very close thereto either this generation or last.

(Last gen has less impact now obviously, but, it's when availability placement was initially planned)

Jellicent is RU now I think, you guys know what that means!!!!

frillish E15 confirmed

i kid

You know, this thread gave me an interesting idea for a challenge mode of the game. I'm gonna test around with it a bit before making a thread. It's more based on getting those never touched mons used a bit more.

• Veterans

Mandibuzz fits better in the desert. So does Hippopotas and Gible Ferrothorn. Now if only we had access to that area...

Mandibuzz does but since Vullaby is a walking egg,howabout give it to us around the same area as 'Murica Bird Rufflet?

Cloyster is super easy to breed rock blast. Then it learns Razor Shell, Shell Smash and Icicle Spear via level up (when Shellder). In this point we have lots of good pokemon that can destroy it (not to mention Serra uses one), so wynaut include it?

Oh and make sure that any Ralts available is a female so no Gallades.

Besides being a cheap shot directed at Gallade fans or anyone that would like to use it what would be the point of making Gallade impossible to get? It doesn't make the game harder or even add fake difficulty because... (tried not to spoil anything)

1: Gallade and Gardivor have similar stats except for specializing in attack (Gallade) or special attack (Gardivor)

2: Gardivor thanks to its re class in gen 6 has a better typing than Gallade (Psychic and Fairy)

3: It is actually harder to get a Gallade than a Gardivor thanks to requiring a additional item (the Dawn Stone) which is in game a hidden item and in a secret area guarded by a optional boss

4: To even get the Ralts in the first place requires you to find it and a rare item. Its gender, ability and stats are random, so you might not get a male in the first place (Save scumming is your friend!)

5: There are psychic, fighting and psychic fighting pokemon much earlier in the game and are easier to get

6: And finally as explained to me earlier not one Pokemon is getting permanently axed, just moved further in the game. This allows people to use pokemon they wouldn't normally use while not shoving them down your throat and rewards progress.

Edited by The Swordsman

I think Ralts is at a good place, not too far away. Plus I didn't find the Dawn Stone until after Luna so there's that. Can't use it that much anyway.