5th Gen Shiny Thread

Amethyst

I don't prefer either of them, so it's mostly up to Ame whether she decides to use one of them or use the older Lilligant concept.

Here's another concept for Mandibuzz:

zZNmOrI.png

Is it supposed to look clownesque or is that blood?

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it supposed to look clownesque or is that blood?

That's blood. Vultures are known for digging in carcasses with their beaks, which is why the beak and face area are covered in blood.

The thing about blood, is... Reborn's shiny Aegislash, for example, has a bit of spatter- smaller droplets of blood dotting the area around where the blood comes across in a straight line. (It's... actually not so much a straight line as it is splotches with spatter around them but, still...) Making the blood just a bunch of solid splotches without spatter doesn't really make it look like blood at all.

Tl;dr add some spatter on the beak to make it look more like blood, less like the tip of the beak is just red?

Just a suggestion I totally don't know what I'm doing

That's blood. Vultures are known for digging in carcasses with their beaks, which is why the beak and face area are covered in blood.

the beak is really reading clown to be but that's just my opinion.

I'd say a bit more spatter spread, or maybe the entire head and neck more spatter. (vultures have the bald necks and heads so they can really get in there without the feathers fucking up.)

not enough blood if you ask me, why not add some of it on the claws too?

More blood it is

New Newer

5wGzd1k.png6ASXzSV.png

And Zen Darmanitan:

old one]

5flNE8M.pngpeuK13t.png

Bq8rOT0.pnggYQv7ob.png

ki9rIpi.png9rqKOXR.png

ZDShTCB.png1AOaHOV.png

For some ideas for possibly other shinies, check out this. Some people made concepts of pokemon variations. Most are not relevant since we've already had 4 generations of shinies made, but some could be used as inspiration:

http://imgur.com/gallery/kMWjB

Edited by Nova

• Developers

More blood it is

New Newer

5wGzd1k.png6ASXzSV.png

And Zen Darmanitan:

5flNE8M.pngpeuK13t.png

ki9rIpi.png9rqKOXR.png

ZDShTCB.png1AOaHOV.png

For some ideas for possibly other shinies, check out this. Some people made concepts of pokemon variations. Most are not relevant since we've already had 4 generations of shinies made, but some could be used as inspiration:

darmanitan looks scary as hell is he possessed?

Edited by smeargletail

darmanitan looks scary as hell is he possessed?

Those empty eyes :blink: looks cool, like a berserker

a POSSESSED berserker. Now just hope that

1 Ame accepts my humble Darmanitan tribute and possesses it

2 Ame puts something to make 1 of your mons shiny in the game

3 Shofu learns/knows about it, gets it and uses it on his Darmanitan ^_^

one can only dream tho :P

Edited by Nova

More blood it is

New Newer

5wGzd1k.png6ASXzSV.png

And Zen Darmanitan:

5flNE8M.pngpeuK13t.png

ki9rIpi.png9rqKOXR.png

ZDShTCB.png1AOaHOV.png

That Darmanitan looks AME-AZING!!!

IMO I'm not crazy about this Mandibuzz design, maybe play around with the colors some more?

By the way I LOVE the Gothitelles with different 'hair' colors than their 'dress' colors!

winter cobalion and autumn virizion

pq1mVY8.pngHRhS7EF.png

i did terrakion too, but it turned out really... gross. im going to work on it, but i'll just say that "summer colors" (red, orange, yellow, sea blue) dont really work on it, so im going to focus on sand colors, since it's a rock-type. regardless, any suggestions are welcome :]

also, can i just say how amazing that darmanitan line looks like? i especially like the purple gradient used and the white possessed-like eyes. darumaka's orange kinda bothers me tho, shouldnt it just follow darmanitan?

pq1mVY8.pngHRhS7EF.png

i did terrakion too, but it turned out really... gross. im going to work on it, but i'll just say that "summer colors" (red, orange, yellow, sea blue) dont really work on it, so im going to focus on sand colors, since it's a rock-type. regardless, any suggestions are welcome :]

also, can i just say how amazing that darmanitan line looks like? i especially like the purple gradient used and the white possessed-like eyes. darumaka's orange kinda bothers me tho, shouldnt it just follow darmanitan?

Those shinies look nice! I see what you mean with Darumaka: the original non-shiny Zen Darmanitan had orange instead of purple, but I edited it while making Darmanitan, but forgot to do so for its pre-evolution. Fixed it here:

Bq8rOT0.pnggYQv7ob.png

pq1mVY8.pngHRhS7EF.png

Awesome designs - I especially love the winter Cobalion! Maybe you could try to do a 'spring' version of Keldeo?

Awesome designs - I especially love the winter Cobalion! Maybe you could try to do a 'spring' version of Keldeo?

i considered doing that, but earlier in the thread, people showed interest in making another mlp reference, so i decided not to bother with it. plus, im crap when it comes to rainbows.

Winter Cobalion is cool but Virizion seems too "bright" to me, "autumn" should be duller but then it'll become ugly....i really don't know.

I actually like Virizon more as the colors seem more distinct.

i happen to like virizion better for the same reason - cobalion was actually kinda lazy, i didnt even change the original skin tone used. as monochrome said, you can't distinct the colors too much; however, after looking at it for a while and trying to get a different skin color, i sort of saw this lack of distinction as a good thing: winter gives me a very calm feel, almost as if even time itself freezes. most winter colors look all the same with bare/non-relevant changes, and, because of this, i decided to leave it as it was and post it just like that. however, if not everyone agrees, i can try to find a better-looking skin color or even change some other things up a bit (for example, i was considering to give it a bit of green/red, because christmas). the only other thing about cobalion that's the same as the original is the beard, though im keeping that as it is, because i had also tried it black (which is the only other color that'd look good in terms of contrast and would still be different enough) and it look very appealing to me.

regarding virizion, the only problem i had with it after having it done was the contrast between the skin and the main autumn color (wasn't light enough), so i instantly fixed that, just forgot to post it/edit the original post. in any case, i tried to change it up a bit, to see if i got something closer to autumn, as gaunt suggested, though, it ended up looking too much like summer imo.

tGOG6yZ.pngREOx8rM.png

later, i might also try a stronger/more vivid red-like autumn on the body (see red used in the eye/neck/legs), if the first virizion isn't good enough.

regarding terrakion... this one is being a pain. i spent probably 5 hours trying to find something that would look good on it (mainly the crown-like thing above its head/back), and i still havent managed anything decent enough, not even close to summer. the ps file itself is a mess, it has so many layers with infinite combinations, all of which look really bad, but, in any case, this is what im seeing right now:

gtD9qSl.png

orange/red/yellow dont work in any way possible. yellow (only if sand-like yellow) somewhat works on the face/skin, depending on the other colors used. the thing ive changed the least is the main body, which is currently light-blue-grey. and, the worst part of it, or rather, the hardest one to find a good color to is the "crown". again, i strongly welcome suggestions on this one, because ive probably ran out of ideas myself - doesn't matter how "bad" it might look, ill do and post anything you request me to. if im lucky enough, i might come across something that actually looks good. here are some other things i came across before this: http://imgur.com/b1mGZ1P,wWkFpj8,41EXdwl,YDYaOlK,QJloB0Z,FmTLl9b#5

Bearded vulture "Classic" vulture

oThhMzC.pngnqoIkiJ.png

Will do more after I go back from shool tonight

I actually like those over the blooded ones!

Bearded vulture "Classic" vulture

oThhMzC.pngnqoIkiJ.png

Will do more after I go back from shool tonight

I prefer these over the blooded ones too! I like the classic vulture a tad bit better

I *love* that Kobalion. And I prefer the second Virizion, actually.

The Darmanitan looks awesome as hell, love the gradient.

I decided to try my hand at Mandibuzz too, following the suggestion in the first post (red coat):

630s_zpssgh1l670.png

I...actually based it off the colors of the USSR flag, so that combined with my shiny USA Braviary, we can have ourselves the Cold War...! :P

I *love* that Kobalion. And I prefer the second Virizion, actually.

The Darmanitan looks awesome as hell, love the gradient.

I decided to try my hand at Mandibuzz too, following the suggestion in the first post (red coat):

630s_zpssgh1l670.png

I...actually based it off the colors of the USSR flag, so that combined with my shiny USA Braviary, we can have ourselves the Cold War...! :P

I was thinking about that but Vultures are not Russia themed, maybe some Bear like Ursaring but Ursaring is Gen 2

gtD9qSl.png

orange/red/yellow dont work in any way possible. yellow (only if sand-like yellow) somewhat works on the face/skin, depending on the other colors used. the thing ive changed the least is the main body, which is currently light-blue-grey. and, the worst part of it, or rather, the hardest one to find a good color to is the "crown". again, i strongly welcome suggestions on this one, because ive probably ran out of ideas myself - doesn't matter how "bad" it might look, ill do and post anything you request me to. if im lucky enough, i might come across something that actually looks good. here are some other things i came across before this: http://imgur.com/b1mGZ1P,wWkFpj8,41EXdwl,YDYaOlK,QJloB0Z,FmTLl9b#5

Hmm well if you want to make "summer" why not try some light green for the upper mantle (and sand yellow for face/lower part) with the horns and feet gray...maybe the horns can also be the color of "setting sun" (so orange with red)