Amethyst

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Developers

For the longest time, I thought nefalem and Smeargletail were the same person >.>

The Emolga just doesn't seem... different enough IMO.

because we have the same Pokemon as a avatar?

and I didnt wanted make emolga look not extremely different as extreme color diffrence isnt always best in my opinion

Edited by smeargletail

Okay I made several Gothitelle sprites and tried to follow Ame's suggestion as close I could. I tried doing a full color reversal of the bows and face. the bows looked fine but the face was awful, the eyes and face merged together, kinda looking like Sonic the Hedgehog eyes. I made 4 other face/hand color options and I want to know which ones you think are worth doing the full line with or if I should try a different bow color.

First row: Full Reverse, Ponyta toned, Pangoro toned

Second Row: Pangoro toned, Light Skinned

Third row: Dark skinned

kcYvQvo.pngVWwUZqA.pngz69baEg.pngWZixSHG.png

07iKKZl.png

I'm thinking of seeing how it looks with yellow, red, or blue bows but I want to settle on a face/hands tone first.

Edited by Kelazi5

Okay I made several Gothitelle sprites and tried to follow Ame's suggestion as close I could. I tried doing a full color reversal of the bows and face. the bows looked fine but the face was awful, the eyes and face merged together, kinda looking like Sonic the Hedgehog eyes. I made 4 other face/hand color options and I want to know which ones you think are worth doing the full line with or if I should try a different bow color.

First row: Full Reverse, Ponyta toned, Pangoro toned

Second Row: Pangoro toned, Light Skinned

Third row: Dark skinned

kcYvQvo.pngVWwUZqA.pngz69baEg.pngWZixSHG.png

07iKKZl.png

I'm thinking of seeing how it looks with yellow, red, or blue bows but I want to settle on a face/hands tone first.

I don't really like the color swap thing with Gothitelle: you can hardly recognize it's a shiny one at all. I'd rather see some kind of ghost-like design, maybe this?

tJPG9B7.png3trOhMs.png

And here's two concepts for the Lillipup line:

lfmll2T.pngMWerLMV.png

Fox Rabid Dog

I had originally made a three different lines where I made the black parts white, red, or pink respectively but this is what Ame said about them on page 4.

Gothi line- new plan. Let's keep the majority black, but from the canon thing, switch the white and purple. so it'll have light skin, and purple laceythings.

I just followed her suggestion as close as I could. But yeah, I'd prefer a gothi shiny line where the black part has been changed because since in the Gen 3 thread we made a gothy Gardevoir so I think I'd be neat if we had a bright, happy Gothi line; like a cheerleader Gothitelle. Yours looks pretty good too.

Edited by Kelazi5

Okay, I made the suggestions as best I could.

First Row: White with blue ribbons, White with pastel blue and pink (sylveon colors)

Second Row: Gardevoir themed, Yellow (abra shades) with Red Ribbons

mignoMF.pngHJATUdY.png

ZaDM5hQ.pngumwEbLb.png

Personally my favorite is the pastel pink and blue one, something about it feels right. Though the way the sylveon shades go it kinda looks like she's hiding some cleavage behind the top ribbon. The Gardevoir themed one feels a bit awkward to me. I'm not sure if green and white looks good on Gothitelle like that.

Edited by Kelazi5

• Developers

landurus
645s_zpsniwaz5mv.png645sb_zpsvgoggs5a.png

645s_1_zpsjoekiaz2.png645sb_1_zpshvaisu6o.png

thunderus
642s_zps6t353n0e.png642sb_zpsdfu0y6jo.png

642s_1_zps2yun7ljb.png642sb_1_zpsblyamgbl.png

tornadus
641s_zpsf2rnttnj.png641sb_zps04tiz7su.png

641s_1_zpstmmtxc1c.png641sb_1_zpsf6nm5zr0.png

made the tornadus darker like sugested in hindsight the colors on tornadus make me think of yvetal which was unintentional

Edited by smeargletail

the landorus looks pretty amazing, tho i like the thundurus/tornadus from page 2 better

as for the gothitelles, i dont mind the green with the white too much, but out of those 4, the sylveon-themed one would probably be my favorite since it looks really similar to caitlin, the elite four who owns it as a signature pokemon

Gothitelle's 'hair' doesn't have to be the same as the 'dress', right?

You could do much more different things if you do the 'hair' black and the 'dress' pink or something.

landurus

645_zpsguyzf4um.png645b_zpss9ywgiug.png

645_1_zpspjib5ocq.png645b_2_zpsw5j6vpyx.png

thunderus

642_zpskiq5cfbv.png642b_zps8prwyeeu.png

642_1_zpshtlnedvv.png642b_2_zpsbcgfnlde.png

tornadus

641_zpsswnnijcn.png641b_zpscscbynih.png

641_1_zpsoniudm9m.png641b_2_zpscymnmwib.png

I based the colors off of reborn

edit: changed them a bit

Landorus and Thunderus are neat, but the red on Tornadus still looks a bit weird to me. Maybe make the body the same color light blue as the dots on the tail?

Molten Iron Ferro-line:

1zaU35I.pngywKbDEl.png

fOHL8MI.pngjX0130d.pngPhf63Oj.png

Old New

Edited by Nova

Landorus and Thunderus are neat, but the red on Tornadus still looks a bit weird to me. Maybe make the body the same color light blue as the dots on the tail?

Molten Iron Ferro-line:

1zaU35I.pngywKbDEl.png

fOHL8MI.pngPhf63Oj.png

Ferros look pretty awesome but the eyes on Ferrothorn kind of look strange? I think it's because they're floating there when the band at the top was black before. Maybe make the iris color a bit different? Not sure.Maybe if I look at it more I'll get used to it.

Okay I took Helia's suggestion and made a few Gothitelles whose hair color isn't the same as the body. I figured if we;re going to do that we might as well make them resemble gym leaders. I made a couple from the main games and couple from Reborn here.

First Row: black hair and pink dress; Red/black dress and blonde hair

Second Row: Fantina themed; Skyla themed

Third Row: Julia (electric) Themed; Serra (ice) themed

PRnqelj.pngdA8tkKh.png

iRELOvd.pngFQsIaVJ.png

rKkyjn9.pngnwXAFwe.png

Of this set I like the Julia and Skyla themed ones best, though the Red/blonde one doesn't look too bad either. The pink and black just looks kinda awkward. the Serra one, while kinda cool looking would be a pain in the butt to make a full line of. Hopefully there's one Ame likes among the 15 I uploaded this weekend. I'll wait until her next round of critiques to make a full line.

Maybe for the tornadus you could darken the red and white/grey parts a little bit. The molten ferro line looks cool but the face on ferrothorn looks a bit jumbled.

Hmmm... A Harley Quinn one could be cool it'd just be rather difficult. I can give a shot but if you want to try your hand at it feel free. Whatever makes the best shiny for the game. I'm not sure if I have the skills yet to pull off something like that well.

Ok. Here my Harley Quinn Gothitelle. Which one you guys think look better?

hylI6qP.pngJzm0F4U.png

I like this one the most of all Gothitelles here.

Ferros look pretty awesome but the eyes on Ferrothorn kind of look strange? I think it's because they're floating there when the band at the top was black before. Maybe make the iris color a bit different? Not sure.Maybe if I look at it more I'll get used to it.

This any better?

fOHL8MI.pngjX0130d.png

Old New