5th Gen Shiny Thread

Amethyst

@MetalKing I went with the heat-Durant because I was just going with the Heatmor-Durant swap idea.

That said I feel like that is alone reason enough for monochrome, not to mention the fact that Heatmore just -looks- mechaish.
But I'm on board with the Drippy reference if enough people like that.
I also just looked at canon shiny Heatmor for maybe the first time and it's actually kind of neat, so this might be one that we don't actually have to change if nothing seems better.

Fun fact on that Durant: I used the colors for both the normal and shiny colors for Heatmor's red body to get its colors.

Edited by MetalKing1417

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With the ice cream line, I do feel pretty strongly about the blue moon concept (after all the chance of finding a shiny vanillite is only 0.07% more than the chance of finding blue moon ice cream!)

The yellow swirl in the body is good, however with my previous feedback, I was actually referring to yellow-tizing these sorts of bits in the line: http://prntscr.com/6eoysw

I know what you mean, but I think they will look better and more like blue moon ice cream with yellow shading. But if you prefer yellow on the ice parts then.

hgZg1Ob.pngsVfPfpm.png

MU0LTlp.png8Z1rN7q.png

QopNj7h.pngLEHCL8i.png

Cotton Candy Cottonee and Whimsicott with dark pink horns/leafs. I prefer to keep the white body.

0vqZ5vn.pngzZsDizk.pnguR3JgP8.pngoPlxjFm.png

Edited by dragon-in-night

So, it's not Swift Swim-y at all but I wanted to try this out.
Beartic line using Teddiursa/Ursaring palettes. Kind of looks like honey to me so I think it worked out neatly. Especially when Cubchoo looks like one of those teddy graham things. (but my god Cubchoo has way more colors than I would have expected)

25qyk38.pngelcky0.png

ojkqgy.png334hkwp.png

..And yeah they are smaller than the other sprites on here I just noticed...

Edited by Pixl

Surprise ... I'm back!

Starting Today with the Cinccino Line:

hiJyHlK.pngPBibmBh.png

CeuRQht.pnglQMfy1O.png

The Autumn Sewaddle Line:

i7ZHDvR.pngWcvov1N.png

hG1J9AC.pngzmnZJj1.png

Ey7jnUr.pngEIT7bMp.png

The Sewaddle line looks lovely!

So, it's not Swift Swim-y at all but I wanted to try this out.

Beartic line using Teddiursa/Ursaring palettes. Kind of looks like honey to me so I think it worked out neatly. Especially when Cubchoo looks like one of those teddy graham things. (but my god Cubchoo has way more colors than I would have expected)

25qyk38.pngelcky0.png

ojkqgy.png334hkwp.png

..And yeah they are smaller than the other sprites on here I just noticed...

Your sprites are size 96x96. Front sprites should be 160x160, back sprites should be 192x192. Here, I fixed it for you:

8OEovih.pngtjsOchA.png

5SUuOrk.pngS9gY1Vb.png

I like the honey detail on Cubchoo ^_^

Here's a Chicken Archeops! (i don't even)

QLvYslq.pngVOeCbM0.png

Your sprites are size 96x96. Front sprites should be 160x160, back sprites should be 192x192. Here, I fixed it for you:

8OEovih.pngtjsOchA.png

5SUuOrk.pngS9gY1Vb.png

I like the honey detail on Cubchoo ^_^

Oh, I see. Thanks!

Here's a Chicken Archeops! (i don't even)

QLvYslq.pngVOeCbM0.png

And geez that chicken though. I can finally have a use calling it Mega Ultra Chicken... if only that name fit the character limit.

When I went back to grab the bisharp sprites I noticed the back doesn't quite match the front-- there's some missing gold sections at a glance. Sorry for not catching that before.

i actually noticed that too, when someone else posted the original version of bisharp's back sprite, though, the shoulders were intended to look light grey, since i also chose to replace the gold in the helmet. however, if thats an issue, just let me know whether you prefer the original gold helmet or just gold on the shoulders.

Let's go with the Bascukarps. Back it up.

i didnt know which version you preferred so i just went and did the other reverse ones too

GJVK9ue.pngmjYrumz.png

5U0iAk1.pnggzz4r6o.png

personally, i like the originals better (color-wise), though, i do find the reverse ones to be funny, since the player might just start doubting which form is which

also, i did the sprites for the rest of hydreigon's line (front and back), in case this gets accepted

7eIVk8R.pngEgf8Tba.png

QEbLW81.pngI8X00hW.png

ZalCWUl.pngCfyvbCs.png

still thinking of trying a few more things:

- better aura? (idk, im not very good with it, would appreciate feedback from someone whos done it b4, i.e. medicham, lucario, etc)

- emerald, amethyst, blue mouths (plus "ruby" eyes)

- blood (mouths and/or main body/wings maybe)

So I just took the honey idea and ran with it and made something incredibly silly

fyin2h.png2m7agap.pngLooks like someone got into the honey pot

I like the idea behind this, but there's one thing that's been bothering me: the dark brown used for shading contrasts way too much with the original brown, making them look like two entirely separate colors. It's too dark as of now, I'd probably try a lighter one out, maybe a 15 to 20% difference in terms of darkness comparing to the original brown.

Also, not sure if this would look good but could you (or anyone else) try a black (or a very dark blue) on the main body with white for the ice beard?

I like the idea behind this, but there's one thing that's been bothering me: the dark brown used for shading contrasts way too much with the original brown, making them look like two entirely separate colors. It's too dark as of now, I'd probably try a lighter one out, maybe a 15 to 20% difference in terms of darkness comparing to the original brown.

Also, not sure if this would look good but could you (or anyone else) try a black (or a very dark blue) on the main body with white for the ice beard?

Yeah but I mean I was just using the palette of Ursaring, so his would be the same sort of contrast. I do think that the back sprite makes this contrast more apparent though, it might be because Beartic has a stranger shadow effect there. But I will try a different one real quick.

Ursaring.pngIf you don't count that lighter shade near the chest, the contrast on his main brown and darker brown is the same

2jaf494.png107mgqx.pngThis better?

And here's an attempt at the color scheme you suggested:

5v80h0.pngI might have made it incorrectly though. Pretty rushed since it was just a color scheme concept.

Edited by Pixl

Yes .. cause my Graphics Gale has some Error I explained to Ame a few month ago. If I click on "Save" the whole image turns into a silouette .. So I have to do the saving over Paint and I'm sure Ame can fix this fast for herself.

5mknk.png33a7wck.png

Here ya go. I know it's an easy fix for Ame as well but I saw it and had 3 minutes of my time free so why not?

And here's a (better?) Dark-bluish Beartic. Though it seems a bit grayer to me.

2hwdw14.png

Edited by Pixl

Oh, I see. Thanks!

And geez that chicken though. I can finally have a use calling it Mega Ultra Chicken... if only that name fit the character limit.

Maybe Malik Blishtar will do?

And wow that Whimsicott quite correct looks like the devil's offspring, it just misses red eyes.

Edited by LeMasterJP

I -do- really like the white-gold Mienshao, it has that enlightened look to it. You wanna do the back sprite?

:feelsgd:

620s_zpsehp8zcbm.png620sb_zpss1uawthl.png

I made the white whiter and added some shading to the darker parts of the gold. Think it looks better nao.

Also made the Foo:

619s_zpss0qjg19w.png619sb_zpsfddo2mgm.png

Autumn Sawsbuck. It works ok with the default shiny Deerling.

586s_2_zps1wuy3cta.png586sb_2_zpsiqfbjgpa.png

Shiny Sandile-matched line (with belly color of shiny Krokoorok).

A Sandile in my White game was actually the first shiny I ever caught in the wild. I was pretty disappointed when from the cool weird green he turned into cappucino...

551s_zpsxslyjbvh.png552s_zpshbqadv6h.png553s_zpss9izc0d3.png

Edited by roqi

• Developers

love the shiny :) but i just wanted to point out the background wasnt completely removed there is a white spot under the chin of the front sprite

Edited by smeargletail

• Developers

some reason I dont think the quote box was included when I was quoting the sprites sorry about that but cool cant wait to see more sprites

Edited by smeargletail