Anybody watching shofu's playthrough?

Antilegend

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'm the only person who thought Charlotte was perhaps the easiest Reborn Leader?

Charlotte was easy for me because I simply happened to have Flygon and Gyarados (with rain dance) before the gym. Without those two, this gym would have been a lot harder.

Wasn't he the one with a Sonic avatar?

Also, asking for help isn't such a bother right?

I don't know, people here do kind of like to be dicks with the answers, like giving "hints" that really don't help, then admonishing you when you tell them that the hints aren't helpful. Some kind soul will eventually come through with some actual answers, but all the smart asses that frequent FAQ threads are rarely helpful.

Edited by mashonem

I don't know, people here do kind of like to be dicks with the answers, like giving "hints" that really don't help, then admonishing you when you tell them that the hints aren't helpful. Some kind soul will eventually come through with some actual answers, but all the smart asses that frequent FAQ threads are rarely helpful.

Are you sure? In my experience it's the contrary...and the "hints" do help if you pay attention to the lore of the game (most of the time)

Are you sure? In my experience it's the contrary...and the "hints" do help if you pay attention to the lore of the game (most of the time)

I pick up on the hints too, but they can be really awful at being helpful for someone who doesn't put in as much time into the game as you or I (or anyone else who doesn't care enough about the game to frequent the forums). There are times when the answer could just be given without the bullshit, but people choose to give shitty 'hints' because "it's more fun that way". It's just a heavy "nah nah nah boo boo, I know the answers and you don't" vibe that I pick up from the comments that really doesn't sit well with me, that's why I try to tell the OP the answers straight up should I see those posts.

I pick up on the hints too, but they can be really awful at being helpful for someone who doesn't put in as much time into the game as you or I (or anyone else who doesn't care enough about the game to frequent the forums). There are times when the answer could just be given without the bullshit, but people choose to give shitty 'hints' because "it's more fun that way". It's just a heavy "nah nah nah boo boo, I know the answers and you don't" vibe that I pick up from the comments that really doesn't sit well with me, that's why I try to tell the OP the answers straight up should I see those posts.

I'm here 6 months I haven't see any post like this. Or you talk about those who try to answer the question without tell the answer straightforward

I don't think shofu wants any help with the game. I mean a lot of people have commented on how he could beat the gym on both videos. Also I beat charlotte in beta 13, but now that I see that she has scarfed darmanitan I would lose because my strategy was using my own typhlosion with eruption. But I do find it hax that when he switches out his swampert that typhlosion doesn't use energy ball, I mean switching out would lose all meaning if the AI reacts after you switch.

yeah, I think so too. That thing is just much too broken. I can understand if there is a 20% chance for the AI to go for a not very effective move, because theres a chance the opponents gonna switch, but always knowing whats going to happen is just too OP (not for me because I put a lot of effort into my Pokemons, but for someone that relies only on 1 team and has no EV spread)

I don't think shofu wants any help with the game. I mean a lot of people have commented on how he could beat the gym on both videos. Also I beat charlotte in beta 13, but now that I see that she has scarfed darmanitan I would lose because my strategy was using my own typhlosion with eruption. But I do find it hax that when he switches out his swampert that typhlosion doesn't use energy ball, I mean switching out would lose all meaning if the AI reacts after you switch.

I'm pretty sure it was just RNG - in the past when he sent out swampert first and then switched the AI would often use energy ball still (though, since he has magnezone being sent out first now the AI is more incentivized to use fire attacks than it used to be because fire is super effective against 1 of the pokemon too). Streaks of having a bad opening 4 times or so in a row aren't really that unlikely.

It's kind of a psychological thing - everyone notices the times the AI screws you over by using an unexpected move when you try to switch pokemon, but then there are all kinds of times when you don't switch a pokemon and your opponent uses a not very effective move instead of a super effective move and people just think 'Why on earth would the AI do that? This AI is retarded!' without realizing that those are really the exact same thing happening in both cases. It's a lot easier for people to intuitively think that the AI uses hax half of the time and is just stupid the other half of the time instead of just attributing it to RNG.

I like those hints, I try to give people simple to figure out hints if I think of it.

For people who need some help but do want to solve it themselves for that little extra pride for having solved it themselves :)

Though some questions could get some more straight forward answers especially if it took a while and it's not related to the actual story of the game.

• Administrators

Shofu actually tweeted me and asked for some help. I suggested a few more ideas he might employ to beat her based on comments I've seen around the forum.

The AI is made to do what Shofu discovered, actually. I'm not a huge fan of this, but that's how it is in base Essentials. Maruno told me so himself after I proposed some redesigns to the base AI a long time ago and he basically said 'nah we're gonna have the AI cheat'.

People have a lot of problems with here because they don't want to change their pokemon, or to grind up new ones only to beat her. Here I have made a video in that I beat her with only 2 pokemon. Its a very easy way and you don't need much grinding and no breeding for moves.

The problem with shofu's team is that each of its members is ill-suited to face Charlotte. None of them have the bulk and typing to tank field-boosted moves, and none of them are fast enough to outspeed and OHKO any of her Pokémon.