You know who I want to be the Champion?

roqi

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.. Something came to my mind..What if...THERE IS NO CHAMPION!? We beat the elite 4 and BECOME the Champion right away, but of course, someone beats the Elite 4 after us and challenges us right away..Kind of a "reverse Gary/Blue" situation from RBY....That would be fun :P

If the champion is going to follow the same formula as the rest of Reborn, I'd imagine the last fight is going to be an epic one. One of those fighting-over-an-active-volcano types. I don't think the champ-in-the-making guy would have a good mass appeal.

There's been minimal, if any, mention of a champion in the Reborn region. Members of the Elite Four have an active role in the story thus far, but never a mention of a champion. Is it possible that the champion is shrouded in secrecy, even to the Elite Four?

I find myself leaning towards Team Meteor being in the Champion room when you reach it. Maybe Solaris will be there, stating that he killed the Champion or something extremely gruesome and has been using that power as Champion to fund Team Meteor. That the whole region will have a similar fate as the Yureyu Building, destroyed from the inside out. But that's just my take on it.

So, if the champion is someone we've met, then people speculate about him/her being Lin, Solaris (it would be a twist if the champion lost to Lin, therefore being subjugated while he was the most powerful of Reborn. That would be interesting), The guy who helps you at every gym, but Ame is going to get rid of him, sooo..., Fern (pulling a Gary/Blue), or Ame but she declared not wanting to become an integral part of the story, so that's probably not going to happen.
It might also be likely that we haven't met the champion. If one looks at the original map (which is dated, I know), you can see that the league is quite isolated, which would fuel the idea that maybe the champion could even be unaware about the current events.

The thing is that there's one question that has to be answered: Why hasn't the strongest trainer of Reborn not intervened with the destruction of the region? Because something like that would never go unnoticed. Also, no-one ever talked about the champion, so why is that?

Possibility one: he is unaware due to isolation, like what I said earlier. But how can you not notice all the stuff that happened recently, even from a distance? You have to be very isolated for that...

Possibility two: he is busy, but what would take that person so long that he/she/xe hasn't done anything yet?

Possibility three: the champion works for team Meteor. Even if undercover (but why would you if you can obliterate everyone on your path?), this would make a great deal, for some even perfect, sense. But the thing is: if you're such a big threat, why didn't he/she/xe annihilate you when you had the chance? Choice: the champion works undercover, or he already tried, but failed. In the latter case, it's very likely it is Solaris, and he is now subjugated by Lin, which would explain his discomfort with the current path the Meteors follow.

Possibility four: The champion is secretly dead or trapped. Secretly, because if word went out, people would lose hope, especially if it was team Meteors doing. But again, if they did, wouldn't they spread the word to break the opposition?

Possibility five: there is no champion. Choice: Fern becomes the champion Garry/Blue-style. But I highly doubt Ame would create such an obvious plot twist (unless she does it for the hommage, but still); or the league works unconventionally, and so without a champion. Which would be very strange, since it would make the end a bit lesss climactic.

Feel free to add if I missed something, I tried to sum up what the gripes were with the champion, to get a conclusion about its identity.

Edited by laggless01

My bets are on the champion being Solaris. Then after he is defeated, Lin has brought down Arceus. She tries to control Arceus. It won't happen. She believes she isn't powerful enough yet. She tries to kill you, the new champion, to show to Arceus that she is the strongest of all. We win, and Lin dies. But we don't want this. We fight Arceus and ask him to have everyone who died Reborn. Throw in some certain back story stuff to make this all seem logical and we may be good... Hopefully.

And what if the Champion is Taka? One of the not-so-obvious-Meteor-candidates for this.

Secretly asociated with in-game Ame to stop Solaris and, also very friendly with the protagonist.

So, when you beat him at the League, Lin appears, kills him discovering his treason to the Meteors and... BAM! Final battle to decide the Reborn region´s final fate against Lin.

Edited by nemesish

Maybe the Champion is you yourself. Team Meteor has created a clone of you who has the exact same team as you(just a mirror program to have every Pokemon the same level and moveset, even when you rotate), making it do evil deeds and discrediting you and your Pokemon in the meantime.

Story wise you hear about it right before the last gym. Like when you were visiting Titania and Amaria, a news bulletin comes on that tells you and the gym leader(and anyone near) that "*Player* has just beaten the Elite 5 and has defeated the Champion, *name*. Their team consists of *your current team* and after quite a quick battle *player* easily overpowered the Champion, now taking the Champion title as their own."

Dead silence as your close ones are thinking how this happened, and they tell you to quickly earn your last badge and make your way to the Elite 4 to see what is happening.

Gossip Gardevoir will be there filming the epic battle of Good vs Evil, You vs You. At the end of the Battle everyone at first isn't even sure which one won, but the friends you've made along the way (most gym leaders like Noel, Anna, Shelly, Aya, Hardy, Sapphira, Charlotte, Radomus and Luna will know the real one.)

Why are they all there, you ask?

Well, in a BW type of thing Cain managed to drum up most of the leaders in a final huge confrontation vs Team Plasma Meteor.

Not sure if these mechanics could be implemented but I personally think this would be rad as fuck.

Edited by Helia

My bets are on the champion being Solaris. Then after he is defeated, Lin has brought down Arceus. She tries to control Arceus. It won't happen. She believes she isn't powerful enough yet. She tries to kill you, the new champion, to show to Arceus that she is the strongest of all. We win, and Lin dies. But we don't want this. We fight Arceus and ask him to have everyone who died Reborn. Throw in some certain back story stuff to make this all seem logical and we may be good... Hopefully.

lol that... doesn't really reflect lin's personality too well. for someone ruthless, cold and as powerful as she is, the final events of the story should be a lot more complex and slow-paced, like things that bring her past in the orphanage to the present, other characters connected to her taking part in the events (saphira, sigmund, etc) and, overall, a lot more character development from her and anyone concerned in the events.

also why should you rely so much on arceus to make everything go back to normal? not to mention that it's a really boring and over-used cliche that is present in most pokemon games, even mystery dungeon series, but arceus didn't really do anything for years, despite the environment and the people being in shit, so it's not like he'd do something just because some shitty ass kid who goes around catching pokemons and earning badges came up to him and asked him to (and no, defeating him in a battle wouldn't be enough either, that's also part of the over-used cliche).

im still waiting to see how this will all turn out (if team meteor has different plans other than what we know, what role will the four pendants and respective holders take in the story, lin's true motives, the girl from citae d'arc tfyfgtdgfnfgfsomeweirdassname, etc). i trust ame in her writing skills so im sure it'll be something a lot better than that.

currently, the only thing im (almost) certain of is that lin is the champion OR she's at least connected to the league. why? because on the reborn city map (the drawn one that is on the pr page) there are giant dragon statues on the victory road entrance. and... IDK, lin... dragons... and dragons are cool K.

and so is lin.

Possibility three: the champion works for team Meteor. Even if undercover (but why would you if you can obliterate everyone on your path?), this would make a great deal, for some even perfect, sense. But the thing is: if you're such a big threat, why didn't he/she/xe annihilate you when you had the chance? Choice: the champion works undercover, or he already tried, but failed. In the latter case, it's very likely it is Solaris, and he is now subjugated by Lin, which would explain his discomfort with the current path the Meteors follow.

Solaris Uncomfortable with the meteor's current path!? ROFLOL! Have you seen what he's done? Some of the other meteors seem to have this sentiment, but Solaris?

No.

Seriously, the one time for him to have proven this sentiment, just when Eclipse is saying about how team meteor was better under him and prepares to defect? Guess what Solaris does? Kills the guy in cold blood in such a way that there will be no afterlife for him.

Edited by MetalKing1417

Plot twist:
Shade is the late husband of the old lady (the one using stolen pokemon). She is actually the champion and is secretly trying to find trainers to give the stolen pokemon back to. She is mad at us for ruining her plan. As we defeated her "stolen team", she can't use her real team and blow her cover. She is trying to expose the crime syndicate and destroy it from the inside, but before she does so, she is closing in on Team Meteor to find ways to stop their plans and return Reborn to its former glory. After you defeat Lin/Solaris, she takes care of them, team Magma/Aqua trys to ask for an apology, and the world is astonished.

Solaris Uncomfortable with the meteor's current path!? ROFLOL! Have you seen what he's done? Some of the other meteors seem to have this sentiment, but Solaris?

No.

Seriously, the one time for him to have proven this sentiment, just when Eclipse is saying about how team meteor was better under him and prepares to defect? Guess what Solaris does? Kills the guy in cold blood in such a way that there will be no afterlife for him.

You're wrong.

It was long stabilished that Solaris was the leader of team meteor until quite recently and has been replaced by Lin, and he in fact opposes her methods.

This also supported in game and shown rather straight-fowardly. Lin is all about power (Just look at her catchphrase; She literally says she's going to show Saphira true power or whatever) and her objective is to seize power for herself.

That much is fact. My speculation below:

On the other side of the coin, Solaris has claimed he simply wishes to get rid of everyone in Reborn city. He's obviously not above any types of methods to achieve this, but I believe the difference thus lies in this fact: Solaris' objective seems to be awakening Arceus so he'll get rid of Reborn City, Lin's seems to be awakening Arceus to control it's power.