tell me your phobias

Sevonic

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a guy... I think pregnancy would be terrifying. Is that why so many women nowadays choose to not have a child? fear is so very persuasive...

Deep water scares me because you can only see so far, and it makes me think of sharks and stuff coming out of the blue. I'm an exceptional swimmer, so I know you can't swim/run from a shark. In the way that one must grab a bull by the horns, one must grab a shark by the snout.

Oh, and don't miss.

I don't like heights... but I have still managed to jump out of airplanes on demand. Good thing I won't have to do that anymore.

Deep water scares me because you can only see so far, and it makes me think of sharks and stuff coming out of the blue. I'm an exceptional swimmer, so I know you can't swim/run from a shark. In the way that one must grab a bull by the horns, one must grab a shark by the snout.

Oh, and don't miss.

I just imagined that happening to me. My whole life passed in front of me. Never said goodbye.

Resisted the urge to get into fetal position

My phobias are (I think):
Entomophobia (mainly spiders, that's why I jump away when I see one. Can't hurt even a fly, sadly)
Acrophobia (to some degree)
And maybe a fear that I'm too insignificant to make a change in what I hold up to be important.

-Fear of people that look "too normal" ; I don't really know what to say about this one, but sometimes when I'm walking in the streets I see someone that for no particular reason makes me feel a dread sensation.

-Fear of totalitarisms, nazis and war
-Fear of losing one of the five senses, specially sight, hearing, taste and tact. Smell... I don't care as much for some reason.

It doesn't help that taste is very dependent of smell, does it? Without, you can only detect 5 kinds of flavor.
Trust me, the first human to be completely normal hasn't been born yet, and probably will never be.
As for totalitarism...if you keep a critical mindset to things (mainly political decisions), that's one person less who'll get deceived by it. Can understand it, though, with the current polarization due to the terrorist situation...

Idk if this counts as a phobia but i'm deathly afraid of becoming fat again.

In a country like brazil where everyone is a showoff about their bodies it can be pretty unpleasant.

I couldn't find names for any of these, so I guess they're not real phobias... they're just things that freak me out :/

Getting too close to people (physically). I dunno, but being near people always makes me uncomfortable, like I'm either in their way or making them uncomfortable.

Heavy things and being near them. One time, my parents had me help them carry a TV, but it was too heavy for me and I crushed my finger with it. I didn't break anything, but it hurt like hell and some of the skin peeled off afterwards.

Cars. I have no problem being in a car, but just being near other cars that are driving or just being out on the road in general is just so... Augh D:

As a guy... I think pregnancy would be terrifying. Is that why so many women nowadays choose to not have a child? fear is so very persuasive...

There's a chance for the woman in labor to die while giving birth. And it's really REALLY painful. I won't really go into the details in case there's somebody present with a fear of physical pain.

Insectophobia - Fear of insects.

Isolophobia- Fear of solitude, being alone

Doxophobia- Fear of expressing opinions or of receiving praise.

Gelotophobia- Fear of being laughed at.

Glossophobia- Fear of speaking in public or of trying to speak.

Yea so here are my fears....

Edited by DoubleAA14

Sciophobia - the fear of shadows

Erotophobia - the fear of sexual intercourse

Acrophobia - the fear of heights

Monophobia - the fear of being alone

And the fun one...Kakorraphiaphobia.

The fear of failure and defeat.

Do those guys fear sponges, lotus plants, piercings and cheese?

yes one time i saw a cheese and i got a heart attack

BUT NO SERIOUSLY

some pictures feel really uncomfortable, simple things like sponges, cheese or piercings... not really tbh

tho, the most important thing that intrigues/creeps me: what the hell even lies beyond all those holes...

Melissophobia - Fear of bees/bee stings

Let's just say I had a very unpleasant childhood concerning bees... So much so to the point that I'm still irrationally afraid of them. I practically sprint for my life anytime I see one.

yes one time i saw a cheese and i got a heart attack

BUT NO SERIOUSLY

some pictures feel really uncomfortable, simple things like sponges, cheese or piercings... not really tbh

tho, the most important thing that intrigues/creeps me: what the hell even lies beyond all those holes...

True. That's also the case for people afraid of the dark. I remember when I was younger telling my mother that it is not the dark itself that I fear, but my lack of cat-like eyesight that prevents me from seeing everything that exists in the dark. (with a fear that THEY can see ME)