[OOC] ANKL, P Much Just a Magical Girls RP

Shamitako

Everyone must witness the power of the magical girls.

everyone.

Jokes on y'all I've had the Lyrical Grade Destruction for awhile now.

Imma just walk away quickly. I can feel things I have 0 Clue about are being talked about right now.

Its Madoka Magica aka the Evangalion of Magical Girl anime.

I can be the Mami to your Kyoko though.

My what a lovely neck you have....Hehehehe.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what Evangalion is... so you basically have explained nothing to me and just made it even more confusing...

*waits for the impending gasps.*

Dang you need to watch some anime then. Anyway Madoka is a magical girl anime that came out a few years back. Its a dark subversion of the genera so unlike others which are all happy, happy, joy, joy its more like Happy, happy....CHOMP!!!! Now you have no head.

also I fixed the problems on my character(at least the ones that i could find.

Edited by rustytengo

p.s. for those that don;t know, I used to avoid anime like the plague, and have only recently started watching any of it... so... might be a bit behind the times in terms of anime.

And I see. Huh, maybe I will give it a go. Though my friends are already jamming so many anime down my throat it is a bit overwhelming at times. ((and I love them, don;t get me wrong, but never ask your anime loving friends to give you a list of stuff to watch... because they will give you one of literally 1000s within 4 hours.... I am not joking... and it was no one from Reborn... but still dayyyyyyyyyyyum...))

Dang you need to watch some anime then anyway Madoka is a magical girl anime that came out a few years back. Its a dark subversion of the genera so unlike others which are all happy, happy, joy, joy its more like Happy, happy....CHOMP!!!! Now you have no head.

Rusty.

Spoiler tags

You're not supposed to tell nonbelievers about the fact that it's subversive.

You're supposed to tell them it's a generic happy mahou shoujo anime, then watch their reaction to

Episode 3

see it depends on who your telling it to. Hukuna doesn't watch anime like you and me (especially magical girl) so you need a hook for him to watch it.

and this is just for fun

Edited by rustytengo

• Support Squad

Well, I knew madoka was suposed to get horrific, but I never believed nor did I want to have to go through the first part which probably was all happy and dandy. But ep 3? Lesgo

p.s. for those that don;t know, I used to avoid anime like the plague, and have only recently started watching any of it... so... might be a bit behind the times in terms of anime.

^^^

PMMM is totally worth watching tho. And I definitely wouldn't have watched it if I hadn't had things spoiled a bit beforehand

But again, we're getting way off topic (though I guess this is still related owo) We'll be starting as soon as all current sheets are accepted and I write the intro... So lemme go look over those sheets

EDIT: Huk, that bit where you analyzed the powers... Individually that's exactly how my thought processes went putting together the powers and trying to get a balance of offense, defense, and control. As for Eye being slightly less defensive than shield, this is because a crafty user can trick their opponent into harm. Also, though their Green Lantern powas constructs are weak (even weaker than an Adept's) they can still be used for harm. Shield is the only class with absolutely no innate offensive use. And Pulse is the only class with absolutely no innate defensive use (your only defense is to keep your opponent from attacking you)

Clara, your sheet is accepted. As is Rusty's

Huk, your hair color seems really red to me... This is the color I'm seeing when I think Fiery Orange. So Ima ask you to go ahead and change it to a different shade of orange/choose a less-red adjective (accepted outside that)

Edited by KosherKitten

^^^

PMMM is totally worth watching tho. And I definitely wouldn't have watched it if I hadn't had things spoiled a bit beforehand

But again, we're getting way off topic (though I guess this is still related owo) We'll be starting as soon as all current sheets are accepted and I write the intro... So lemme go look over those sheets

Remember to note that Purity's modifier is now Elemental ^^

To me that is a more vibrant ember colored Orange, ((though I guess I could see the confusion.)), like more towards the Yellow side then the red. ((cause remember Fire is associated with a lot of colours, not just red, in fact, red is probably the weakest flame heat wise, so it is definitely more towards a yellowy colour.)) I am not really sure how else to describe it, but trust me, it definitely isn't red.

I mean something like this getting closer to the white/yellow end of the flame spectrum

fsHwMqX.jpg

EDIT: I just editing it anyway. Just changed Fiery to Ember, it gets my point across better.

Yeah, I'm having a bit of trouble picking out a personality. Part of me really wants to play someone with a personality Flobot, but I know working with that would be very hard to pull off without it getting dull.

Well, um, in that case it's too bright and I'd like you to dull it down (I'm sorry for being so nitpicky >_<)

*Reloads page before posting because it's a thing she does* *Sees edit* *Thinks about what embers look like for a minute* So, you mean it as just a fancy name for an orangish blonde?

Edited by KosherKitten

I guess lol. Sorry if it is a bother, I just describe things in very... strange off-kilter ways. But, I guess that is accurate.

and Commander, I personally believe personalities like that are better suited to side characters, or one's who aren't around enough for it to get either annoying, or stale and repetitive. ((so NPCs more often than not, that might not have a huge amount of plot relevance but might have gotten a name just because the group has seen them a bunch etc...)). That way, since they don;t see them all the time, they strange over the top quirk doesn't get like suuuuper old. ((and those can get old suuuuper quick.)). Not to mention, on a PC, they feel very confining. It is like setting a boundary for yourself that you can't cross or you lose a big piece of your character. Basically it makes more work for you as the player to play that character and rarely is the payoff ((if there even is one)), worth it. It can sometimes work, but even veterans have trouble pulling off that sort of a character.

Mhmm, okay, I think I'm okay with that

Also, Commander, I wouldn't recommend that type of personality in this RP. It's a fun thing, but you're going to need to be able to act emotionally if you're going to make it very far

EDIT: My personal recommendation if you want to stay in the same general personality area is that you spring for a "logic above all else" character. Meaning someone who tends to act irrationally because they think too rationally (basically, they get the Reason without the Mind)

EDIT2: Oh, hey, I should start writing the intro, shouldn't I?

Edited by KosherKitten

Wait, what the hell? what's all this I'm suddenly hearing about "Transformations" and whatnot?

Please don't tell me this is gonna be like Sailor moon...

This is magical girl so of course it would have some inspiration form one of most well know of all Magical Girl shows.

Surprise addition-thing! Everyone gets to partner with someone else for the school year and RP. Lilith, Sharp, Riley, and Lexi are all open. Natalie has already chosen her partner. Remember that you have to be at least a full year older/younger than your partner (Alex years are just going to be the same as Earth years for simplicity). To be certain it's a full year, you'll have to go over birthdays Also, the year is 1040, and the school year begins in January. Yup, you gotta come up with birthday's now

Lexi and Riley's birthday is February 21st. Lilith's is June 12th. Sharp's is April 30th. And since it's being mentioned, Natalie's is November 4th

Sheets for Sharp and Riley will be up in a bit

And now for replies:

What did you think "magical girls" meant, Surge? Though actually the only magical girls thing I've seen is PMMM, so while it will be like Sailor Moon a bit, I won't take much direct inspiration from that

There's a basic concept that I'll be demonstrating, Acqui, but for the most part you'll be writing your own, yes