[OOC] ANKL, P Much Just a Magical Girls RP

Shamitako

• Support Squad

Goddamn it...

Forum Name: Stratos

Character Name: Arya Wraith

Personality: A rather upbeat ISFJ, Arya is one who is always ready and willing to help someone else. Her patience is rather higher than most, and she can easily read other's emotions and be there to support them. Though she works hard no matter the task, her rather humble nature can at times lead her downplaying things even when the credit is more than due if she feels she could've done better. Ironically, while she's supportive to others she has a tendency to internalize her own feelings at times rather than express them.

Appearance: 5"5, with a slender build. complexion is relatively fair with a heart faced shape and a small, snub nose. Has short, black hair that comes down to a bit past shoulder length. Eyes are a dull misty shade of blue. She doesn't concern herself too much with fashion and as such her wardrobe is rather varied compared to some, though there is one item she always wears regardless- a brown and white neck scarf bearing various patterns on it.

Line of Belief: Practicing Kallistle

Modifier: Vine

There, I did it- you see? a lighter character...

Are-You-Not-Entertained-Gladiator.gif

*squees like a little girl upon seeing Strat's Character sheet.*

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- I am very entertained

I am apparently an INFP, I am not exactly sure what the letters stand for entirely.

I too am an INFP, and a lot of it struck home for me too, though the part about striving to make thing better less so and the Ideals part much more so. More proof that people really differ that much. Still, BRUH

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Support Squad

Forum Name: DobbyTheTrueElf, or generally some variation of an Elfy name.
Character Name: Karrin Waite
Personality: She is very whimsical and is prone to quick shifts in mood. One moment she could be serious, focusing on whatever work she has, the next she can be snorting and giggling at a dirty joke, then after that she'll be sad she can't share that joke with someone without sounding wierd and so on. She is rather stubborn and willful in acting how she wants, rarely letting social norms holding her back from doing something she sees as something she wants to do, but if someone she cares about scolds her, she can deflate like a burst balloon ((I know wat I just typed)).
Appearance: Quite tall, an even six foot, she has shoulder length blonde hair that is almost always obscuring one eye, a problem which gave her the tick of shaking her head like she had her neck snapped in a millisecond to get her hair out of her eyes. She has bright pink eyes.
Line of Belief: Nonpracticing Alexian
Modifier: Blade

I used to be >%90 Introvert on most all the tests I took, about %50 iNtuition, >%90 Thinking (one even score exactly %100), and <%10Judging/Perceiving

Last one I took put me much lower on the T (<%30) and a bit higher up towards P. Showing that A) my personality is becoming more defined. And B) I'm learning to feel. That lower T score doesn't mean I'm bad at both thinking and feeling, it means I'm good at both ^^

But that's enough of that, because we're getting waaay off-topic

Acqui, that sheet is beautiful. And since you're a Laylite, you can always just disappear mysteriously for long periods of time ^^

Rusty, I'd like you to try to proofread your sheet a bit more, but since you may have trouble reaching a PC, I'm okay with accepting it as-is if you don't think you'll get a chance within the next few days

Strat, your character is far too happy, you should make her a bit darker and more realistic Strat, your character is great, I am indeed entertained. One of the greatest struggles for a roleplayer is learning to play characters that don't have super-similar personalities, motivations, and morals to themselves. I can't wait to see what you do with Ayra ^^

Dobbeh, that sounds very much like a gender-bent Elf. Happy to accept her

As a note, I'm going to limit the number of characters with a modifier to three now, because we've got three blades and I feel like stopping it there for now. Once there's a bit more variation I may open it up again. This note will be added to the OP

Also, if you edit an earlier post with your sheet and I haven't replied to you yet, please notify me because chances are I won't catch it otherwise

• Support Squad

Oh, I make the third blade? Sorry, didn't check many other profiles... Me thinks I'll pick another then, I just figured that Karrin is fairly undisciplined, so as she becomes more disciplined she gets better with the sword and so on. not a big deal though, if a change is allowed.

Oh, I guess. I was stopping it at three because three felt like enough to me. And yes, you were third. Natalie, Rein, and then you. And that's definitely a solid idea for power progression. Picking a power you'll be bad at until you learn it is almost never a bad idea

All the goddesses got modifiers for personality reasons... Well, Layla got hers for Sith Lightning, but that's fitting anyway. Lexi is patient, but when she goes off her fury is unmatched, so no duh there. Nayru is disciplined and calculated, so Blade obviously goes to her. Kalli is the protector and healer, so she got the most defensive class. And Layla is unpredictable and power-hungry, so she got the most violent power

Also, there's two axes that powers rest on. The offense-defense axis, and the control-wildness axis. Only reason I didn't mention that earlier is because I still haven't drawn up the chart... Which I will go do now as soon as I figure out how #lazy #needsTemplate

Edited by KosherKitten

I didn't consider the discipline bit at all ._.

Blade just seemed to be the most in-your-face battle style, which I thought fits Purity better ._.

Ah well, don't think I want to change it. I do want to write her bashing in people's skulls with weapons.

Elemental is probably the most in-your-face style, since the way you attack things is literally by throwing yourself at your opponent

Since I can't do a graph, take two tables instead

In order of most offensive to most defensive:

Pulse

Elemental

Blade

Vine

Adept

Fury

Eye

Shield

In order of most control to most wild:

Adept

Blade

Eye

Shield

Pulse

Elemental

Fury

Vine

Adept and Blade are the control pair

Fury and Vine are the wild pair

Elemental and Pulse are the offense pair

Eye and Shield are the defense pair

You'll also note that offense tends to be more wild, while defense is generally more controlled. That's completely unimportant and is just how things worked out :P

I gave into temptation.... must fulfill childhood dream..... MUST DOOO IT

Forum Name: RubyHeart
Character Name: Mary Alexi
Personality: Mary acts hyper active and cheerful around random people and people she just met. She likes to be around people, no matter who they are, though she doesn't mean a lot of what she says while in a "hyper state." She regrets a lot of what she says if it may have harmed anyone, and she over thinks many things, leading her to be quiet and lost in thought while she thinks about how stupid she can act, ultimately putting her self esteem down. With her contently putting herself down this leads to her wanted to talk to more people so she can distract herself from negative thoughts, only to repeat the process of negative thinking afterwards. She means to be kindhearted and nice, but mostly fails to put her own thoughts into words.
Appearance: 5'6 in height, average body type, long charm pink coloured hair, deep purple eye colour. cup size: You don't need to know~
Line of Belief: Practicing Alexus
Modifier: Pulse

Edited by RubyHeart

Forum Name: Commander

Character Name: Nina Aberkowski
Personality: When everything is right in the world, Nina is an upbeat and outgoing girl willing to talk to anyone. She can be a bit forgetful and tends to forget something rather it be a piece of homework or even her glasses. This often causes her to go into a panic and start freaking out. In this state, she often overthinks these little things trying to resolve them as fast as possible. Sometimes, they can go a bit extreme.
Appearance: Green eyes, long black hair, and is a bit shorter than average. She's typically wears jeans and a shirt along with a pair of glasses.
Line of Belief: Practicing Nayrist
Modifier: Eyes

• Support Squad

Thing is if I make a character fro this.... it would be a Modified version of Emberly from the Fire Emblem RP. ((because I could easily translate her for this.))

However, still deciding if I even want to join up lol.

C'mon Huk, 'tis a spot of fun that could go many different ways, depending on where Alexus wants to take the story. May as well ^^

Forum Name: Hukuna ((this will always be in the name somewhere.))

Character Name: Emberly "Drake" Everburn

Personality: An over the top, loud, and fiery young woman. Emberly is passionate about anything she cares about, though tends to not give a damn about other things. She is a free spirit and one that strives to be the best at things she likes. She will passionately fight to the end for the things she believes. However, she is a bit of an airhead at times. Her fiery personality and led many to likening her to a Dragon, due to how wild and strong her personality is.

Physical Appearance: Emberly has Ember Orange Hair that flows all over the place. Her eyes are a deep sparkling green. She is around 6 feet tall, which is rather tall for a girl. However, the rest of her appearance highly varies. Emberly doesn't have much of a care for what she looks like, if she is presentable etc... So it is rather ramshackle at times.

Line of Belief: Nonpracticing Kallistle

Modifier: Elemental

((I didn't check annnnnnnnnnnnybody else's profiles[because I don't like to.] so sorry If I piled onto anything that is a bit common etc...))

Holy crap...I did a thing. Probably need to add a bit, but I have a feeling a detailed bio isn't very needed for this RP lol. ((I wil though if I feel it isn't up to my standards though...))

Elemental is probably the most in-your-face style, since the way you attack things is literally by throwing yourself at your opponent

Since I can't do a graph, take two tables instead

In order of most offensive to most defensive:

Pulse

Elemental

Blade

Vine

Adept

Fury

Eye

Shield

In order of most control to most wild:

Adept

Blade

Eye

Shield

Pulse

Elemental

Fury

Vine

Adept and Blade are the control pair

Fury and Vine are the wild pair

Elemental and Pulse are the offense pair

Eye and Shield are the defense pair

You'll also note that offense tends to be more wild, while defense is generally more controlled. That's completely unimportant and is just how things worked out :P

Huh. Good point.

I kind of still want to write a tiny 15 year old swinging around a giant Zweihander, but Elemental does fit Purity's personality better.

I'm switching her to Elemental.

I actually kinda argue that Eye is actually even more defensive than Shield imo. However both are definitely the least Offensive.

I will say that even if it wasn't prior planning, the Offensive powers should have ended up being much more wild than most of the Defensive ones. Why? Defense at least with energy forms ((which the elements are very much so.)) is a about focusing something at a point or multiple points. Offense doesn't need any focus or at least nearly as much unless you are trying to strike with precision. Scattershots would tend to be the best way to attack or at least cover a big area.

Blade uses precision and therefore more or less defies what one would think of it. It is a Offensive Power, that requires the precsion of a Defensive power. Funnily enough there is also a defensive power that works in the same opposite way. Fury is a defensive power that uses the uncontrollable nature of Offensive powers to work.

Therefore, True Offensive powers are Pulse and Elemental.

While Eye and Shield or the True Defense Powers.

Adept lies in the middle, being neither offensive of Defense. It is a true balance, not being crazy good at either discipline, but it is not bad at any either.

Blade is Offensive, but uses a Defensive Powers mindset. It's power comes from precision and control rather than emotion and reckless abandon.

Fury is the opposite It is the power to defend with emotion rather than focus.

So where the hell does this leave Vine? You haven't mentioned Vine Hukuna Sensei!!!

Well, Vine is very much a variable. It can be both Defense and Offense easily. This is probably why it has the least control over all the other powers. It is the antithesis to Adept almost in that it can do both pricneples, but instead of perfect control over them, you have 0. This is why Vine is more powerful than Adept, but they don;t have any precision over what they are doing.

So if you didn;t plan this I would be surprised. ((which I am totally not, because I do this shit by accident all the time.))

Each has it's opposite in what it can do, and fro both Defense and Offense, there is a power that works off the principles of the other, and applies it to itself. And then, there are both of the Balanced Powers, that have the EXACT opposite weaknesses.

Each of these Modifiers has it exact opposite, and the thing that is different to it in every way. And there is in fact, perfect balance between all of the ones that exist in theory.

Basically, the Flow charts would look a bit odd but.

True Offense: Elemental, Pulse

Precision Offense: Blade

Jacks of all trades: Adapt through complete control, Vine through complete lack of control

Wild Defense: Fury

True Defense: Eye, Shield.

Anyway, that is Hukuna done rambling fro a bit and just me commented on just how well lain out the Modifiers already are. The other elements etc... should really add to the overall dynamics of the modifiers and will definitely make it interesting to see how they are play together once added together.

((it is strange how similar to how these work to Gunslingers in my Graterras universe. Bullets are built much the same way as the powers are. Only big difference is Light is one of the more offensive elements in my, mostly because they are basically hard light bullets that destroy pretty much anything they touch.))