Fire Emblem Deminian Knights [Sign-Ups/OOC]

Commander

Okay, so I've got a quick question before I decide to update. If I remember correctly, there was a bridge that lead into town. Is that bridge the only way to get into that side of town (without going around to the other side of town, of course) or are there other ways of getting in?

In the past, yes there were more ways to get in and out (but the town is more like a really big village than a town so...traffic probably wouldn't be too much of an issue) but as the war continued many towns upped their defenses as precautions and a lot of people traveled less so...yeah. The town layout is partially based on Professor Layton and the Curious Village.

To answer your question though, that's the only way I'm allowing you guys to enter the town unless you want to try and cross a mote and climb a wall.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he is going to blow up the bridge with Lightning Commander... Hard to cross a flaming/falling apart bridge lol.

Probably not a good idea to trap yourself in there because the whole town is pretty much ablaze or will be sooner or later. And spoiler alert, that still wouldn't stop them. I have my ways.

#Guessing I don't actually know what he is going to do lol. I jsut assumed. ((also... you are tlaking to one of the Evilest Hosts who lives... you think I don't know what tricks you speak of? Oh I do....I do all too well young one.))

#Guessing I don't actually know what he is going to do lol. I jsut assumed. ((also... you are tlaking to one of the Evilest Hosts who lives... you think I don't know what tricks you speak of? Oh I do....I do all too well young one.))

Huk, I'm pretty sure you could figure out half the things that are going to happen in the chapter (especially considering I gave you even more info compared to everyone else).

As I said in the other rp I am currently in, I may not be able to post much if at all for the next few days. Going through a bit of a rough time right now, and school is starting to get bad again. You can bunny Nemir if you have to.

As I said in the other rp I am currently in, I may not be able to post much if at all for the next few days. Going through a bit of a rough time right now, and school is starting to get bad again. You can bunny Nemir if you have to.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it too much as I'm not expecting this to move very fast and I'm giving Daj until Thursday before his character gets killed. Also, I know that feel all too well.

Sorry about the slow response from me. Apparently, I had a bit more going on than I thought.

Anyways, having only one way in and out definitely narrows things down for me. But then again, the reason why I asked was because I had a few ideas in mind, but I didn't want any of them to get in the way of anything that you might be planning. And, yes Hukuna, this did include destroying the bridge, but I decided against it for various reasons. That being said, I think that it would probably be a good idea to just throw out a couple suggestions out there since it doesn't seem like a good time to do things independently at the moment. Either way, I should have a post up soon enough.

I'm really sorry about how slow this is going and I promise it's going to move a bit faster now. I haven't heard anything from Daj so I'll assume he's not coming back. I'll allow him to make a new character should he return. As for the RP, I've been debating what to do with it. There's a project for a PMD type roleplay I'm working on which will have battle mechanics very similar to this RP, but more individualistic making things move much faster (and far more interesting). It's made me consider turning what we have here into a reroll series instead.

Let me explain how the reroll series would work: The overall plot will stay the same, but there will be many chapters cut from the overall storyline, many of them which include story related bosses (about half are kept though). Character death would be greatly increased, but those who live in a reroll can be reused in the next. The advantage to this system is character class is much more open without the worry of weapons. There would also be some unique new sessions focusing on different perspectives such as one where you fight as Onishians.

There's something else I'd like to ask. It's a bit early, but I kind of want to hear everyone's thoughts on the RP so far. Be brutally honest here because it'll help me improve everything that we have done. While I could make a questionaire (I will when we reach the end of the chapter), I just kind of want to get a feel of what to do following this chapter's end.

And yes Exlink, I will do a Phoenix Wright Reroll in a few months. I just need a lot of time to work on it.

Lets see how much I can get done before having to leave for school.

For the re-roll part, the more I think about it the better this RP seems to be with it. Have specified items for bosses and having equipment for classes already picked out is much better, IMO, then what we're doing right now. Though we're probably going to loose our current PC's in exchange for the new, re-roll PC's. Which, my self included, will find it hard to just throw the ones we're using at the fan and forget about them.

As for how you're doing, I'd say an 8.5ish. What you're doing is still keeping me interested (even with the time gaps :P), though, IMO, I feel at times some of the NPC's are bland and don't have much character. I'd go look back to find an example but I'm about to go to school in a couple minuets and I kinda wanna finish this. I'll probs find one after school (if I remember :P). Though overall it is interesting in it own way.

(take your time, no need to rush, on the wright Re-Roll and if you can't you can't so don't let me rush you)

I agree with Exlink on the re-roll part, although as he said I wouldn't really like having Nemir up and die this early in the story unless it's absolutely necessary.

I think you're doing a pretty good job on the story line so far, although I feel like having some kind of map would help keep things a lot more organized and give us some sort of direction as to where we are in relation to the other players.

• Developers

This is my first time properly Roleplaying, and I've not been particularly involved, so I'm not the best judge of how you've been doing, but from what I've read of the topic before I joined, and what little I've been involved in, Storytelling seems solid and enjoyable, so to me that means you're doing a good job.

Well it's been a bit rough for me over here. The hard thing about making posts on this is that I'm often exhausted to the point if I posted anything, it'd be sloppy and hardly readable. One of the things I've considered doing is letting someone else practically run a chapter while I only step in if there's a problem. If anyone is interested in taking control once in a while, just mention it. Now to address all that other stuff.

Exlink, I completely agree with the character thing, but some of it can't be helped due to the RPs nature. When a character can die at almost any point, it kind of makes it difficult to develop them kind of like how battles take out in Fire Emblem. You really only learn about side characters through support conversations or at least the best chunks of them. For example, you know Lon'qu is afraid of women, but it isn't until the Cherche conversation you find out why. To counter this issue, I have to sacrifice a lot of character screen time from a few NPCs and split them to shine at different chapters. Really only Virgil and Kelsey are probably the only interesting ones as the others do a lot of generic things. Some of it is my fault, some of it I can't help because I'm trying to control 20-30 things at once (or feels like it). I'll see what I can do though.

As for your guys's characters, I decided to be a bit merciful, DO NOT MAKE ME REGRET THIS, as these original PCs are going to be very unlikely to die. They will be in a specific group so you can only use those PCs during certain reroll sessions. I will continue this to chapter 1 since that chapter is very short before moving to rerolls. There are going to be 4 different groups so don't expect every other reroll to include the NPCs. As for the reroll sessions, I'll let you guys create the characters if you want to, or you can let me create one for you to push yourself.

Now let's get onto characters. Basically, you'll likely need to make a total of 4 different characters unless you don't want to partake in certain reroll sessions. Backstory is going to be optional, but personality should be included because you'll have time to talk with other PCs before and after battles. As for classes and weapons, Steel and 2nd tier will be available but that means you'll face stronger and harder enemies. You can do a third tier class for a certain group, but I don't recommend it because you one mistake is fatal and likely death with those guys. Like that general you guys faced earlier would be a pushover compared what these guys would have to face difficult. The stronger you are, the harder it gets for your character.

I am just going to wait until you have all this blocked out etc... cause I don't really follow at the moment lol.

I'll make it pretty clear when the reroll page is up. Simply put: we're going to be doing something more like Radiant Dawn Part 4 where we switch from army to army for each chapter instead of one single army the whole entire time.

By the way Krim, enemies are about as equal in terms of strength. If that fire attack wasn't planned earlier, let's just say that might've actually killed you. If you charge at or try to attack every enemy you see, it'll end up getting you killed.

Yeah, I was wondering when you'd point that out as there hasn't really been a lot of strategy involved in my attacks. I have to remember that this is Fire Emblem XD

• 4 months later...