Fire Emblem Deminian Knights [Sign-Ups/OOC]

Commander

phoenix starting weapon is a iron sword

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to reject your app. The changes I asked still haven't been made and it's been almost a month since I last saw you around here. The conditions have also changed since your app and your PC would have to start off with a bronze sword.

As for the rest of y'all, I'm on spring break so I'll be able to get to posting a bit more.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overhead. Though, if I don't mention it specifically feel free to decide of your own accord which direction next time. Cause I don't mind that so much lol. ((If I mention it follow that, if I don't feel free to change it up. Mostly because if I don;t I usually mean it to be a somewhat more reckless strike, therefore the direction doesn't matter too much as the opponent isn't really placing it that well or isn't paying attention to their aim.))

If you're curious, the fire mage used a herb to heal the eye wounds. Those healing items are useful to heal up minor wounds or to keep you from bleeding to death, but if you take a stab or deep cut, you better find the priest/ess quickly. (Too bad that was the only one in this chapter...or was it?).

Overhead. Though, if I don't mention it specifically feel free to decide of your own accord which direction next time. Cause I don't mind that so much lol. ((If I mention it follow that, if I don't feel free to change it up. Mostly because if I don;t I usually mean it to be a somewhat more reckless strike, therefore the direction doesn't matter too much as the opponent isn't really placing it that well or isn't paying attention to their aim.))

Alright, thanks. I'll make a post later on today.

Krim, I is confuzzled a bit. I'm probably going to make a note on the enemy units from now on, but could you tell me which one you were attacking as the only two living enemies are the fire mage and the remaining Mercenary. (I feel like it's the mercenary, but I wanted to make sure).

@Main group: I think I'm gonna jumpstart you guys back up when I find time to make a post. For right now, I'm going to divide you guys into two after the fight, one being the more active and one you can choose if you want to be on standby for the time being. For right now, any who is inactive for about a week or two will be put in the standby group while everyone else sticks with the main (if you want to be put in one or the other just post something here or in a PM).

• 2 weeks later...

I just kind of facepalmed there when I realized we were waiting on me to post. At this point, do you guys want me to continue this RP or just discontinue it. I'm wondering because it's been almost a month.

I'm gonna work on an update for both groups that should be up tonight. As long as there's still at least 4 people interested I can continue the chapter. I'll be giving everyone else a heads up after I'm done if they didn't respond here. It's gonna be a kind of long one so give me a little bit.

I would also like to continue, but as mentioned before, by me and a few others, it's your RP and your decision.

... I also thought that you were busy. Regardless, this worked out well since I've been kinda busy myself.

• Developers

Okay, having read through the other topic, I think I'm ready to sign up. I hope this is good enough, haha.

Name: Angelica Arcadia

Class: Priest

Appearance: Long, straight, silvery-white hair, with grey eyes and pale skin. She's about 5'3", and is wearing a rather tatty and worn off-white ballgown, which, from the intricate lace outlines and craftsmanship was obviously expensive, although by this point, it appeared like it belonged more on a beggar than a noble.

Backstory: Genius. Prodigy. Special. All words Angelica had been bombarded with from a young age. Rich. Wealthy. Noble. All words people had used to talk of her family, she had always believed that was her. A genius young noblewoman. It was as she grew older and experienced more of the world outside her village that she became disillusioned with this. As it turned out, the smartest person in the wealthiest farming family in some backwater village wasn't that wealthy in the scheme of things, or that smart. But that was okay, after all, you could get smarter and wealthier. So Angelica left her village with dreams of becoming a great mage. But when she reached the academy, they had just laughed at her. "You, a mage?" They had asked. "There's barely enough magic in you to become some third rate priestess, and you have enough rage to be a bloody berserker. Go home."

She was not one to give up easily, or to forgive something like that, but while she was far from the genius she had been brought up to believe she was, she was smart enough to know burning the academy down was a terrible idea, as was killing it's snooty gatekeepers. So she heeded their words and went home, only to find a haven for bandits, which she very quickly fled from, all remnants of her life before this point had burned. So she tried to find a village to settle in, and eventually found a place in it's church, begrudgingly training as a priest, although her sites still set on the goal of magic. (Misfortune, however, appeared to follow Ms. Arcadia wherever she went, as not even a week after she had learnt how to use a healing stave, the Onishian army attacked her new village, and so now she hid, hoping that infuriating Kelsey girl and the army she had joined would come to the rescue.)

Additional Details: I put in brackets a part of the backstory which would work to help her be integrated into the story pretty much immediately, although it can go without, at Commander's discretion. If that bit is a given, she would have met Kelsey at least once, and she may have met Komorrin in her very brief stint at the academy. She's a rather angry and rageful girl, not at all happy with her seeming inability to us magical tomes, although apart from the occasional harsh word or two, she tends to act cheerfully.

Favorite Fire Emblem Game: It's a toss up between Geneaolgy & Awakening, I'd say.

Edited by Mumpelfink

@Mumplefink: Funny story is that a storyboard I've been working on for a long while starts out with a character who originally had a backstory that started the book just like that backstory you have their (though his hometown doesn't get destroyed). It's not bad, but I just want to address a couple things.

First thing is killing the gatekeepers. While killing an innocent Annean (basically someone who is deemed good) may be nowhere near as brutal as an Onishian killing an innocent of there own (you will be executed on the spot...no questions asked), I don't recommend it. People will find out and your character will be caught eventually. Even acts of violence are bad, but at least it is possible to get away with that (it will effect how some NPCs view you). As for burning the academy, that's more of Komodojoe's decision as the academy was his idea.

Kelsey's a bit of a wild card if you want to include knowing her. If you lived in Deminbriar before she was recruited, she may recognize you, but if it was after, she would have no idea as she rarely can visit the church (at least I'm pretty sure I wrote that...I'll have to reread that little chunk). I'll give it an ok if she saw her a few times, but never really talked to her.

@daj and mumple: What I'm probably going to do is give you guys a different objective than the training group and start you in a different area of Deminbriar. I'll PM you guys the details once I figure out who's still in once I straighten out this main group issue. I really don't want to have you guys wait until Chapter 2 (even though Chapter 1 is kind of short) to start. The only thing is that I might not let you guys participate in the boss fight, but I won't have you two twiddling your thumbs while that's going on.

• Developers

Thanks Commander. I tried to write it as if she was very tempted to kill the gatekeepers or burn the academy but figured it was a terrible idea so she didn't go through it, as opposed to anything else, but I apologise if that wasn't all that clear. As far knowing characters in the past, as long as you guys are happy with it, I will have her have at least spotted Komorrin at the academy, so she'll probably be far from fond of him. With Kelsey, I'll probably have them have never interacted, although they may have seen eachother once or twice, and if they'd overheard conversations, Kelsey's personality would've likely rubbed Angelica the wrong way. Anyway, glad it's not too bad, I'm hardly an experienced writer or roleplayer.

Hopefully, I'll be updating tomorrow (usually, I'll do it on Tuesdays and Thursdays), but I was actually pretty busy today up until Sunday. I know for sure the update will be up on Sunday, but I'll try to get it in as soon as possible.

Yeah since Daj is the only person I'm really waiting on I'll move the rest of you guys forward in a little bit today. I'll give him (and the others) a PM update to let people know when bigger updates come through. If you want me to add you to a list for future updates, just let me know here or in a PM (preferably here though).

If Daj doesn't respond after a certain point, he's in one of those situations where his character could get killed. Mumpel, your safe regardless of what happens.

• Developers

I certainly wouldn't mind being on a PM list. And I appreciate the assurance Angelica'll be safe. If it comes to it, I'm sure I can go all Radiant Dawn and bash some thieves over the head with a staff.

Okay, so I've got a quick question before I decide to update. If I remember correctly, there was a bridge that lead into town. Is that bridge the only way to get into that side of town (without going around to the other side of town, of course) or are there other ways of getting in?

Edited by Komodojoe

This isn't 100%, but more of an intuition thing it is ultimately up to Commander, but... I am going to say there is probably at least another way into the town. Logically speaking... most towns would at least have 2, because traffic in and out of a town would get ugly if there was but one bridge. ((especially with a town that a Military force is sitting at.))

So, putting out the bridge might slow down the advance, but I don;t think it will halt them. But as I said, this is up to COmmander not me.