Fire Emblem Deminian Knights [Sign-Ups/OOC]

Commander

It would be interesting, this idea I have. In the actual games sometimes you will recruit a new character at the start of the mission or maybe the middle. That can be our explanation for how newer people are introduced later in this story of ours.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be interesting, this idea I have. In the actual games sometimes you will recruit a new character at the start of the mission or maybe the middle. That can be our explanation for how newer people are introduced later in this story of ours.

That's pretty much how I planned for it to work. Honestly, I'd say I designed this with 80% Fire Emblem in mind with about 20% of my own personal touch. Also, NPC data for Virgil, Kelsey, and Zachariah will be up tonight or tomorrow.

This is kind of my fancy way of introducing the RP. I kind of wanted to give you guys a smidge of an idea of the area you are in. (It was either this or Virgil going on a rant about how much he hates you guys). I can include more details if you want (I just didn't want to go overboard). Just introduce your character and we'll go from there.

Also, Zach isn't with you guys right now, but we'll see him soon.

Drake initiate bubbly big sister ((well, adoptive sister kinda? It best describes the relationship between the two.)) program.... Program initiated... Goal... annoy Exlink as much as possible.

I feel honored my good sir. -bows-

Edited by EXLink32

(Facepalms) I may or may not have misspelled Deminian in the prologue. I'll fix that later. I forgot to mention once you're done introducing yourself you're free to talk with any of the other PCs and Kelsey (she's just checking off names on a list). Just don't wander off yet.

Name: Komorrin Lozos

Class: Mage

Appearance: A 5'6" male with short, light brown hair and brown eyes to match, along with glasses that are a little big for his head. He wears thick mage's robes with a fashionable mix of blue and white. He has thinner robes (of the same design) for warmer days as well, but he prefers his thicker robes.

Backstory: As a mage in-training with a dream of creating his own unique tome, Komorrin decides to leave everything behind in his hometown in Istrea to enroll in a mage's academy in Annea. After 3 years of studying and practicing magic, he decided it was finally time to put his knowledge to the test and started to make his dream a reality. He spent most of his time out of classes and training to work on what he had hoped would be his greatest achievement. About 6 months of trial and error passed before he made a reasonable amount of progress. It was then, however, that he found a major problem: while it shot out a bolt of lightning as he planned, the magic would also cause an extreme amount of pain to it's target without delivering a considerable amount of damage despite the amount of pain it caused. Realizing that he had practically made a torture device, Komorrin immediately went to work on trying to fix the problem, focusing more on reducing the pain rather than improving the damage that it dealt. No one deserves to go through that. Shortly after he started, he started to hear sounds of fighting coming from outside. He stepped out of his room to seek it's source to get sent flying by wind magic, hitting the wall in the back of his room. The impact put him in a daze. He somehow managed to look up to see a woman that he had never seen before enter the room. The woman had started to walk over to Komorrin when his tome had managed to catch her attention. She picked up the tome and examined it, looking rather pleased with the work that's been done on it so far. "Hmm... Not bad for a weakling like yourself." The woman said with a grin on her face. "I hope you don't mind if I take this." Komorrin, having recovered from the daze a little, began to protest. "Wait... hold on a second... You can't just-" he was cut off when the woman kicked him in the face. "I wasn't asking" the woman said in a much more serious tone. Komorrin could only watch as the woman walked away before he slipped into unconsciousness. When he woke up, he found himself in the main lobby surrounded by his friends and fellow students along with a cleric that was healing his wounds. He looked around. There were casualties on both sides, though there were more that were wounded, and many of those that were wounded on his side were in serious pain, which he assumed was from his own creation. After asking a few questions, he found out everything he needed to know: the Academy, and the town it resided in, were attacked by Onishian troops, the woman that had stolen his tome was leading them, and she had been using his tome against the students. Having all of the information needed, he knew what he had to do next. He picked himself up, went to his room, grabbed any necessities that he would probably need, and walked towards the main entrance. Before he walked out, he was stopped by one of the Academy's teachers, who handed him three tomes: Fire, Thunder and Wind. "We know these are pretty basic..." the teacher said "...but it's better than nothing." Komorrin nodded to the teacher and decided to turn to everyone else to say one last thing: "Don't worry. I'll fix this. One way or the other" and then he walked out of the Academy building. After putting some distance between himself and Academy, everything that had just happened began to sink in, and burst out in laughter when he realized the irony of an Istrean creating a tome like the one he made. After he calmed down, Komorrin decided to find a recruiter for the Annean military in hopes of finding the mysterious woman and the tome that she stole from him.

Additional Details: Considering Komorrin's unique name, many people just call him "Komo" for short. Komorrin carries around three pairs of glasses (One that he wears and two spares). This is mainly because he's lost a few due to the fact that they're a bit big on him. Also, even though he's created a tome already, it was never completed, so he still hasn't made his dream a reality, so he may occasionally be creating another tome (starting from scratch, but refers to his notes to prevent creating the same mistake) from time to time. However, since his progress primarily uses trial and error, his ideas will backfire more often than not.

Favorite Fire Emblem Game: Awakening

{(Even though it's just the introductions going on right now, I feel like I should ask this anyways since I'm a little late: should I join in now, or should I wait for a more appropriate time)}

Oh my lord that's a backstory. Normally, I'd decline a few thing in the backstory for the messes it could make, but I feel it's so well done that I'll make some exceptions. There's nothing wrong with your backstory and I accept it exactly the way it is, but there are a couple things I want to mention before you jump in.

While I'm fine with having weapons beforehand (this goes for everyone), every person is only allowed to have a single bronze weapon or a Wind or Thunder Tome. I just want to make sure everyone is on the same level to start. Be thankful I'm not making you guys use logs. I'll be getting into more details on this pretty soon.

Another thing is the tomes experiments. I'm fine with your PC messing with tomes to make them have unusual effects, but these effects aren't going to always work. For example, hitting a Soldier with that tome would cause him to halt not being able to endure the pain, but a Warrior would be able to endure it and still attack just fine. (This is to avoid Powerplaying).

There is something else interesting I noticed (don't worry it's nothing bad), but I'd rather discuss it in a PM than in a post. With that out of the way, you can freely post and introduce yourself similar to what the others have done. Thanks for waiting on me though.

As for those who haven't posted yet, I'll be checking in on them to see what their status is. I intentionally did things like this just in case some last minute members wanted to join. It'll be a little slow, but things we'll start picking up by the end of the week. I really need to stop talking so much.

What's so bad about logs and ladles? if you forge em, they cost little money to forge and are decently powerful. Powerful enough to last until you get a new weapon that is.

I'm really tempted to give you a log now. If we had training sessions like FE12s Prologues, yeah I'd give those to you guys, but...I'll simply say that it'd be a cruel form of torture for this chapter and I'm not that cruel yet.

Just to give you a heads up, that's going to be my last update for today, but tomorrow we're going to meet the big man himself. It's probably a good thing because I can only do so much with a Timid Priest.

Stupid men... always making it harder to talk to cute girls xD

I would totally use a log to beat up that guy or whatever we're supposed to

I guess This is the part where we get to have a really nice conversation with a pissed off man and a boy~

@Ruby: Oh don't worry, I have other plans for Lucia. Besides, pointing a sword at Virgil is always a bad idea. The man could beat you down in a matter of seconds.

Edit: Finally done. And yes, you are allowed to slap Zach.

Well

Lucia didn't draw her sword yet, she's just ready to pull it out if needed. But I guess I can work with this...

because trying to talk to people is more important

But I already don't like where this is going xD

I see what you mean by "other plans"

Edited by RubyHeart

You have to forgive me whenever I do updates that late at night. I tried tweaking it a bit so that it matches your post. If I ever do that again, just post something here and I'll fix it ASAP.

There's still a little bit I need to do before we get to the action. I'll let you have a little more fun with the NPCs for the time being. You guys should stop trying to gain up on Kelsey though.