PZA Finis!

Amethyst

• Administrators

With three Alliances left in the running and Cerise and Vermillion staring down the Cerulean giant, it looked like the game was all set to snowball in Cerulean's favor! If they could just take a few more cores and stamp out the other alliances from getting their types...!

But it was not to be. In a surprise turn of events at this evening's auction, featuring Cerulean representative Secundum, Cerise representative Shadow Roxas, and Vermillion representative TheScarletSword, the three of them were revealed to have been conspiring all along! Cerulean and Cerise were given "The Bagel" and Vermillion went on to secure a type.

Therefore, the Vermillion Alliance is declared the winner of the Pokemon Zero Alliance game!

Congratulations to everyone who had a hand in leading the alliance to victory, be they officially allied with Vermillion or otherwise. Because of the nature of jumping ship, etc, it's difficult to award a prize to specific members, or even the group as a whole. However, to reward the original intent of the game, Core-Holders in any alliance may sell their cores back to the store for $R400. (Raid Notices can also be sold, though for less).

Nonetheless, Vermillion is the official winner.

That said, it is a valid problem that the focus of the game became set on "bageling". While betrayal was an intended part of the game, the consequences were not intended to be so dramatic. PZA will likely return in the future, after a respite and allowing Nations' second go to come around, but when it does, expect Auctions to no longer be a part of the game. The details are already worked out, but we can talk about those later.

In the mean time, thank you, everyone for participating! We hope you had fun at some point in the event, and we'll do even better next time.

There's also one more point to clarify about the game-- about the Alliance names. Although "Cerulean", "Viridian" and "Vermillion" may feel like a reference to a game we're all undoubtedly familiar with, that's just coincidence. The six Alliance names are a direct reference to something else entirely. After all, for a while, they did create quite a Divide, didn't they? But that, too, is a conversation for a different day.

• Upvote 6

Congrats for everyone that played and worked to make this game, it was a thrilling experience. Hell, even we in Vermillion are all as surprised as anyone, tonight wasn't entirely planned, and that's to confirm the power this game has to make plot twists. That said, I'm all favorable to changes in the rules to make it more battle oriented, it will be better indeed.

Just a small prize, like Ace Memberships? No? Ok. Well, I am a bit surprized too, but hey, that was PZA. Congrats to everyone who participated, regardless of alliance, and I hope we make it to a new event with more things to do and of course one that's a bit less corrupt-able.

Just a small prize, like Ace Memberships? No? Ok. Well, I am a bit surprized too, but hey, that was PZA. Congrats to everyone who participated, regardless of alliance, and I hope we make it to a new event with more things to do and of course one that's a bit less corrupt-able.

I really don't think Ace Membership is going to be a possible prize for this. And in no way is Ace Membership a "small prize." People could be aligned with Vermillion but still have not contributed, or there are perhaps people in other alliances that were aligned with Vermillion as well. It's far too complicated for such a big reward to be given.
  • Upvote 1

It was a joke. Of course Ace Membership is no small prize. It is fair that everyone gets to sell their Cores back to the shop (perhaps if we could sell it for double the price...), but Vermillion should receive something. Otherwise it's like this alliance challenge never occured. Smaller awards could be a 2000R gift or a big amount of R given to the leader, who then divides it to the members (as he knows who they were).

• Upvote 1

It was a joke. Of course Ace Membership is no small prize. It is fair that everyone gets to sell their Cores back to the shop (perhaps if we could sell it for double the price...), but Vermillion should receive something. Otherwise it's like this alliance challenge never occured. Smaller awards could be a 2000R gift or a big amount of R given to the leader, who then divides it to the members (as he knows who they were).

There are no leaders though. That's the thing many people never seemed to understand about this.

Yeah, there were people who 'led' alliances, but they weren't 'leaders'. People followed them by general consensus.

Leaders, co-ordinators, people who were responsible for human resources management. Name it as you like.

here: leader = a person who knew which people belonged to their alliance and has been actively participating in it with them.

Leaders, co-ordinators, people who were responsible for human resources management. Name it as you like.

here: leader = a person who knew which people belonged to their alliance and has been actively participating in it with them.

But does that make it reasonable for one of them to be handed the earnings and then divide it up as they see fit? Not at all if you ask me. You may or may not receive something for your victory, but for now my recommendation would be just to enjoy the fact that you triumphed.

In general it wouldn't. If you're asking for a way to verify who actual members were, I haven't found one that's completely secure. However the members themselves know who was and who wasn't in the alliance, so we could base our thinking on that. Dividing the earnings would be equal, otherwise it wouldn't make sense. The ones who battled and won Cores, got to get their money back, so that's a bonus worthy of their effort. Others who worked behind the scenes in team-building, strategy crafting etc, don't show up much. Making everyone a winner equals to making everyone a loser.

Thought: Perhaps next time, we could have security checks on who enters or leaves each alliance.

But you have the super-secret people. e.g., I was working with Vermillion from the start, but only Scarlet knew about it. (Mainly because nobody else needed to know).

Wait a sec Seccy, Scarlet has said that he had no clue until you told him right before the auction. Plus, Scarlet had quit PZA altogether, and was only there because I asked him to be as a favor.

• Support Squad

I'm not gonna say good game, that goes against the nature of this whole event, based on lousy tactics and a lack of sportsmanship.

What I will say is, why the crappy end? I'd say this deserved a better end than the repetition of a crap tactic. Is anyne, aside from Sec, really satisfied with that ending?

I'm also assuming this will be considered salt.

lol omg ur so salty!!!! ahaha we won hahaha salty!!!!!

but seriously, i did feel kinda lousy after what happened to viridian. but we shouldn't be upset at bagel for figuring out another way to play the game before everyone else. because, let's face it, someone would have "bagel'd" someone else eventually and we'd be upset at them for "x'ing" an alliance. so just stop hating on the winners even though some of them may be acting an ass. truthfully, i saw this coming. roxas was far too giddy and happy to help out cerise as soon as he joined. scarlet told us he was glad he could trust us. red flags blah blah i could go on and on but you get it. it was gonna happen sooner or later and im glad it happened sooner. pza had turned into less of a battling competition and more of a "let's see who can play the auctions right" game. it got boring and it's why i stopped even showing up to the auctions. i just wish we could have some shorter tourneys that only last maybe a month and a half tops. not these gargantuan upbringings that either leave a sour taste in most people's mouth at the end or die out because of everyone losing interest. maybe coordinate seasons of pza and nations so they don't come one right after the other and maybe find another host for prcl (i'd be willing if enough people are interested). have maybe month-long breaks in between them where we have ladder competitions again? (please ame) maybe make a tournament committee to sort these things out? anyway that's just my thoughts on things. sorry if grammar and sense of direction are lacking im really tired atm.

tl;dr: stop hating on bagel and vermillion. sort out tournament timings and bring back ladder competitions. consider making a tournament committee as well.

• Upvote 6