Ari & Decibel ride in to battle!

Amethyst

Well it would be crazy amounts of spriting since they would all need over world sprites that move properly during animations like running and walking, along with Fishing etc...if those are in the Game for every option of clothing. This would be an insane amount of work, and why it was not done in the Main Series game before X and Y most likely.

• Administrators

Essentials actually partially supports outfits, but some graphics wouldn't update, so it would be a bit messy.

Moreover, it's not like XY where you can buy each hat shirt etc. It would be kind of like Saber's stuff; just... one or two alternate costumes for the character. So that's iffy.

Finally, it, uh, yeah, would be a lot of spriting. It's about 20 graphics per player character in this game so ((20*6 player characters)*3 outfits each) = 180... quite honestly it wouldn't be that cool, and it's not a higher development priority than actually making the game. So I'll probably elect to pass on that even once the outfit system is completed.

You know, it's kind of odd. Ari looks (and sounds name-wise) more female to me, but less feminine than Decibel, if that makes any sense.

It depends on how you pronounce Decibel really.

De-si-belle

or

De-si-bull

Big difference between the two if you ask me. Ari sounds completely feminine to me, short for Ariana

I used to know a guy named Ari (and that was his literal given name)

In terms of appearance, I immediately assumed Decibel was a girl and had no idea what to do with Ari. But meh, I have yet to meet someone who appears perfectly gender-neutral and identifies as non-binary (Only person I can't figure out the gender on is probably not NB) Also Decibel has best hair ever <3 (I will legit be using xem as my character if I ever decide to play Reborn again)

Edited by MasterWeavile898

• 1 month later...

Decibel should have headphones to match xyr name.

Both look very neat.

Agreeing with that. Decibel with headphones would look kinda cool too ^^

I never played a non-binary character in any game, not that I ever had the option to play one. So I guess that´s really cool, I like that idea and maybe I might play as Ari or Decibel... Who am I kidding? I´m definetly going to switch :D Probably Decibel, xe looks awesome ^-^

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur

i love the decibel fan club forming here

Is there an ari fanclub too? Or is xe not getting enough love? :/

I personally prefer a white-mane over blonde hair, and Ari´s hairstyle ain´t my type, which might be the only thing that bothers me. I´m always playing the more feminime one for some reason .___. Still looking cool though ^-^

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur
  • Upvote 2

• Administrators

I'll be in the Ari fanclub. D: Personally I prefer xem to Decibel.

I forget if I already said this here so sorry if I'm repeating myself but I was feeling really iffy on Decibel's design so I'm glad so many people like xem.

• Upvote 2