Exodus: Beyond Eden Chapter 1: Into the unknown [IC]

Sutoratosu

Jack spoke up.
"Sarah, you stole the words right out of my mouth. I'd certainly not leave anyone behind if they were injured."

Jack directed his next comment to Vixen and Zero in particular.

"And i wouldn't classify being in pain as being fine, either."

Edited by K_H

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Stop the damn Bickering for a minute!" Jace ordered after Zero was confirmed to not be out of commision. Then the squad could feel and hear why he'd ordered it... the ground was shaking, ever so slightly... but it was growing stronger every single second. Another roar filled the air not far in the distance... and it got very close, very fast. Jace initiated another IR scan, trying to find his prey.

"We still have the Alpha Male to deal with..." he snarled, then turning to Zero and Jack. "Both of you, back up that hill, now Soldiers!" With that said he pinned himself flush against a tree, preparing to take cover for the fight he knew was coming. "Get out of here!" he ordered over everyone's audio feed. "Head to the Mission site, there's no way any of you are going to survive if you stick around for this! I should know...better than anyone about that."

"We have no above ground Tangoes, I repeat no above ground Tangeos in visual. I will keep an eye in the sky everyone else get moving!" Vixen shouted over the comms.

((should note, Vixen is retreating as well, she is just trying to keep high ground to cover the escape.))

Kenshin saves his own hide rather than stickin it out for the team, as the ambush takes place. he commanded his drone to protect him and him alone throughout the event. he jogs off with the others as soon as major Bane gives the signal to retreat. just like nothing happen.

"Roger that." The Tank answered followed the orders and slowly started to retreat; trying to stay near the others for if the situation needed it. He had his assault rifle at ready while he moved waiting for the enemy to appear.

((My Keyoard is failing; so I get some letters and writing signs less. Gonna try to solve it as soon as I may.))

Garen began to speak, "B-but sir, we can't just... leave you..."

He knew he shouldn't argue, and he knew that he should follow orders, but he simply couldn't forgive himself if they left the major behind and something happened to him.

"It's no man left behind, right?"

"Go!" Bane shouted over the Audio feed into Garen's helmet. "Get out of here, soldier, and cover the others backs! Tell Everyone to keep heading north until they reach Eden, just as I debriefed you all!" He broke off contact for a minute, taking another scan of the surroundings... the shaking was growing far worse. then in everyone's Comms, he said "Chimera 1, I am hereby granting temporary lead of this mission over to Garen Forest until you reach the mission site. Follow his orders as you would mine; The consequences will be severe if you don't." He swapped feeds, now only hearable to Garen. "Soldier, I have selected you because you seem to understand the concept of teamwork better than anyone else present here. Don't fuck around the command I am placing in you...because the consequences if you do will be far more severe than anyone who happens to disobey you." His voice was hard as steel. He meant every single word of what he had just said. Then he swapped back to the group feed once again, shouting his last order into everyone's helmets "GO, NOW!"

Another roar pierced the air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yXurgo0270

Jace broke off all contact with the team, initiating pure radio silence from his end. The shaking grew even more intense, sending several stones tumbling down the cliff face. The ground shook so violently that if it wasn't for the stabilizing effects of their Exo Suits, everyone would be on the ground. The next they all heard was Jace letting out a fury driven battle roar of his own, rushing off into the distance as a cloud of dust burst from the forest floor down the slope...

Kenshin halted his sprint and looks back at Garen, he seems to stop at enemy lines for some odd reason, "Come on, an order is an order" Kenshin said as blindly follows Bane's order like a robot... just like his personality, He charge his arc caster and aims at oak nearby, The engineer shoots away a discharge of lightning bolt, knocking and setting the tree on fire as it falls into the ground, blocking the path of the unseen threat, separating the team from the enemy behind, "Let's go" he said in the audio of Garen.

After which he falls into the ground as the earth shook, Kenshin slowly pick himself only to hear something below the slope,sounded like Jace. shit i didn't sign up for this, this is not a standard protocol for an engineer. the Engineer thought to himself.

Edited by typhlosionrulez

Garen gave a crisp nod to the major, before turning away and running to catch up to the others. He could hear Kenshin's voice through the audio feed of his helmet. Apparently, he had seen Garen lingering behind. Garen spoke into his helmet, feeding his voice through to everyone else.

"You heard the major! We head north until we reach Eden! Do not look back, no matter what happens." He placed a fist over his chest as he ran, a silent salute to the major.

"We have to trust in the major, and arrive safely to Eden. I am in temporary command until he returns, and if we're to get through this, you'll need to listen to me and work as a team. Katsumi, take a scouting position ahead of the group! Do not stray too far ahead. You should always be able to return to the group in a matter of minutes. The rest of us will be grouped together. Big, I want you at the front of our formation. You're the first line of defense. Zero, you will be positioned near Big. Vixen, I want you to stay near the back. The rest of you will be positioned in the middle. Make sure you spread out enough that we are not an easy target for whatever else may attack us. I'll be bringing up the very rear, making sure nothing surprises us from behind. Does everyone understand me?"

Without saying a word, Kenshin went through the middle and stays in formation, like he was supposed to. While everyone is barking orders,his mind drifts away for a moment. thinking he might want to reevaluate what he has sign up for. Either way, the engineer is happily to support the team with his arsenal of advance weaponry.

Edited by typhlosionrulez

Damn, already starting like this? Well, this place sure is hardcore. Big thought to himself, trying not to think how they leftJace behind. Orders are orders anyway, and he was sure this boy commander would end up surprising them all yet again.

"Roger, let's move guys!" the Tank said, rushing to his position in the formation as Garen commanded. He sounded like an experienced soldier, luckily. As he ran, he made sure to be well aware of the surroundings in case any more hostile things appeared.

"Ay." Zero said as he went about 4-5 feet from big's side. "Big, I've got your back, just focus on what's ahead." He said as his arms are resting on his blades, and confirming the orders, It was mainly for himself though.

"Right!" Katsumi said, taking her position in the formation and speeding up her pace. The scout was putting distance between the group and herself, but she was also keeping note of how far ahead precisely, scanning the area in front and around her; setting her eyes slightly out of focus so she could fully utilize her peripheral vision. They barely had gotten off the aircraft and already one of their members, Zero, was pretty injured and she just had to put her faith into Jace to regroup with the rest of them. What the hell is going to be within Eden?

Sarah jogged along with the others, arc caster still at the ready in her right hand. With her left, she brushed away strands of hair and made plans to put up her hair again better when they stopped. In the meantime, she settled for humming a cheery tune.

What none of the soldiers knew, however, was that high above their heads in a rather expansive cave in the side of the Cliff exterior...even more predators lurked. A wolf, it's fur colored green by the moss growing in it's coat, twice the size of any Wolf species back on earth ((Think of Dire Wolves from GoT, soldiers)), Crept forward from it's pack's den, gazing out over the retreating party from a rocky lip.

A single howl issued up from the cliff. It had just sent word to it's pack members; Prey was near. They had been smart enough to simply stay put and be silent when they had heard the roars of the Monochromes; in a fight between them, they'd surely lose due to a size disadvantage... but from what they could tell, the giant reptiles had all gone away for now. It seemed that the prey they had been pursuing wasn't though. The time to hunt was now.

A host of fearsome howls and snarls tore through the sanctity of the air all around the group, descending from the Cliff were at least a dozen green wolves...and they were rather giant. They jumped from rocky outcropping to outcropping, their sights set on the soldiers, their teeth bared, revealing mouths filled with daggers, their fangs easily some six inches long on each of them. They seemed to be highly coordinated, descending as a single unit, moving fluidly as if every beast knew it's role in this ambush.

They twirled and spun their bodies in mid air, launching themselves off the rock face when they had gotten low enough. The sun was darkened out by their massive shapes, many of them landing right in the middle of the Squad's formation and scattering everyone. One landed atop Garren, sending him to the ground and roaring viciously at his helmets visor as it tried to maneuver it's mouth under his Exo Suit armor and tear out his jugular. Another one landed atop Vixen, sending her sprawling to the earth as well. It charged at her, fast as a run away freight train, claws extended... in fact, it was running... the thing had somehow gone bipedal. and it was the same case for all those other wolves that landed. they all forced themselves into up right positions, several strange sounds coming from their bodies as they shifted bones in their legs and arms and chests, utilizing the deadly advantage Mother Nature and her son Evolution had given them; The ability to walk upright like humanoids... they were indeed like no Wolf species back on ancient earth. The sounds finally stopped. they all stood glaring at the group, puffs of steam issuing forth from their maws with every breath. Their undersides, now visible, were revealed to be a thick black in color. Another round of Roars and guttural howls came forth...then they all broke their landing formation, sprinting towards each soldier who was not already besieged by a pack member, they moved disturbingly gracefully, nearly floating across the trail with their wraith like speed... it seemed that Evolution preferred to take a far more deadly path on this planet, biologically, these things... why would they exist?

It was a question that would have to be forgotten. because before anyone could even blink, every soldier had a Moss Wolf right over top of their position...

========================

Situation Report:

Tangoes: Moss Wolf x12

Health:

Zero 42%

Garren 22%

Vixen 79%

Everyone else 100%

While Zero was wasting his time asking for orders in a situation when he should've just shut up and started fighting, The Moss Wolf heading towards him circled around to his back unnoticed... and the next thing he felt... was again a sudden jolt and feeling of falling. Another crash sounded through the air as he hit a tree, and yet again that day, was sent tumbling down the forest slope.

Unfortunately for him, the Moss Wolf was smarter and far faster than the Monochromes earlier. he barely had enough time to regain his bearings before the beast was atop him, trying to get it's mouth under his armor in order to tear out his jugular, just as the one attacking Garren was trying... and a red message screen blared in his helmet yet again... the systems were almost down.

=========================

Health:

Zero 2%

((This is your first and only warning for this chapter, Exlink. Fight smarter, soldier. I've already made it clear how I feel about stupid actions and decisions.))

Vixen loosed her Revolver from her hip belt. It still happened to be loaded with 4 shots, after only firing 2 earlier. She rattled off 2 at the Wolf-Beast as it was charging, luckily her Knife didn't go skirting off when she fell, if it closed the distance, she still had it for a back-up weapon.

The two shots nailed the Wolf in the shoulder and chest, but it didn't seem to be willing to stop... though, it was moving noticeably slower now, barely able to stay up under it's own weight...

AS suddenly as it had poinced on her, the Moss Wolf now collapsed to the ground mid sprint, skirting a few feet forward stopping just at Vixen's feet. a few last breaths issued forth from it's maw, then the heart wound it had just sustained ended it's life.

Meanwhile, however, everyone else was still under attack... including Zero, who had somehow managed to once again be thrown down the hill and was about to be killed... The wolf atop him was getting closer and closer to breaking through the armor...