Exodus: Beyond Eden Chapter 1: Into the unknown [IC]

Sutoratosu

Kenshin

"You shall refer to her as Ms.Gratas, and nothing else, you pitiful novice!" Romulus called out before his maker could even respond to the question, earning the machine quite a dirty look from Ester, a gaze so withering it could probably send a full grown Monochrome scurrying off into the woodwork as her stormy eyes sat fixed on him. "Erm... what I meant to say was; you may refer to her as Ester, but anything indignant and I will be forced to retaliate for your lack of respect..."

"Like he said," She sighed, returning her attention to Kenshin. "Ester is fine. You'll have to excuse him though; Like I already said, I can't tell if it's just programming or if it's really genuine at this point... not that an arrogant and lofty sounding prick is what I programed him to be like in the first place though..."

"A prick, why I'd never..."

"You do come off as one at times, dear romulus, old friend..." Remus spoke up, concurring with Ester... Romulus just turned from where he hovered in the air, turning his diamond shaped body to his colleague and brother, his red optical lense unable to convey any emotion. Regardless, Remus turned to face him, obviously picking up on something...as if Romulus had a facial expression that conveyed a sense of disappointment... "What? You have to admit, you do at times... even though you mean well."

Dobby and Notus

"I used to be a chef, you know..." The man said as he continued making his rounds from table to table, setting places with the mediocre MREs. "A damn good one too, had my own restaurant and everything too... then the outbreak comes along and the damn feds approach me and you know what those bastards tell me?" He stopped his rounds and dropped the remaining few MRE bags on the table before him along with a pitcher of steaming water, gazing right towards Whit and Big. "Those Mother Fuckers said to me 'We need someone to cook the meals during the mission, and we hear you have the credentials.' Well, business was slow, and I didn't have anything else to do..." he picked up one of the bags, waving it in the air indignantly. "But does this look like fucking COOKiNG to you!? The ass holes drag me all the way out here, and then when i arrive, what do I discover? these 'meals' I'm supposed to be making for the Dispatch Company come in a God Damn bag!" He tossed the thing onto the floor, face contorting in complete disgust as he began going back to his rounds and finishing the place settings. "they won't even let me kill some of the shit that's running around here and cook it for everyone...and I know at least some of the species in this part of region are edible when prepared right... bastards just won't let me do what I was brought here to..."

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Support Squad

Whit looked on at the man, almost unsympathetic as he continued to eat his meal, though a part of him understood the desire to do what he loved. "Hey, you got the equipment, right? If I kill some shit and they let me bring back the carcass, i'll chuck it your way, see what you can do with it? It'd be a damn good experiment, that's for sure..." Whit offered, turning his head and not looking at the man or Big, staring into space in the opposite direction.

"Yay, I'm in for that offer too. Might as well give you a hand with the cooking if everything goes all right." Big then proved the pre-made meal. It wasn't all that bad actually, though having it day after day probably could become boring. He didn't bother with that, but wasn't about to tell that to the angry cook back there. "Anyway, when do you think we will get moving?" He asked Whit. "I know we can't rush in without being ready, but the guys in our squad seemed preety impacient."

"yes, very amusing..." Kenshin sarcastically said as he rolls his eyes, clearly the engineer has grown tired of Romulus' childish behavior. "But if you don't mind... I'm all about business here, I'm here to fix and improve my drone and I would like to seek your guidance." The engineer said to Ester.

"I would rather go to bed, I am tired. You aren't so bad. Thank you. It might be good to have at least one person on the squad that doesn't hate me. Even I am human."

Garen smiled and gave a shrug. "Don't worry about it. I find it hard to hate anybody until you really get to know them. Anyway, I think I'll stop at the mess hall before I call it a day. 'Night."

He gave a final wave as they parted ways, Garen making his way towards a group of buildings hoping he could find the mess hall for a quick meal.

Kenshin

"Like I said before, extract the computer drives and the Software memory banks first," Ester instructed simply. "Once their out of the Chasis I can help you make some enhancements and overclocks to them. Once that's done you'll have to construct a new body to house them with the appropriate apparatuses to efficiently take advantage of the upgrades made. And please, don't make me have to go constantly repeating myself."

Big and Whit

"yeah, whatever" the chef scoffed bitterly. "If you can... but you know about the things they have guarding the perimeter, you try to leave the camp boundaries, and you'll get your ass royally handed to you by one of those Talker ape things... you're free to try hunting still if you want though; I'll be here if you ever actually succeed..."

Garen

((Feel free to guide yourself into the messhall. I've described how entry works already and everything.))

"Sure" Kenshin said as turns off his drone's power supply and starts dismantling it to get its drives, leaving only its chassis frame.

"there, it's done! now lets talk firepower and reinforcing my drone's plating. I'm sure being part of the government has its privilege in using advanced weaponry and whatnot." the mechanic cracks a playful smile as he wipes greasy oiled forehead. "Here is its main A.I. drive" Kenshin said as he handed a black box to Ester. "just as long you don't give it an annoying personality, any modification to it would be gladly appreciated."

((I don't know how this process works but you can bunny Kenshin if you like in modifying this drone, besides I'm not really good at this sci-fi talk lol))

Edited by typhlosionrulez

Jack walked into the Mess hall just as the Chef mentioned the bit about the Talkers, only hearing what was said after 'guarding the perimeter'. he decided to head over, arriving just as the Chef finished speaking.

"That bad, huh... They're probably worse than anything else we've encountered thus far in our mission, in that case."

Edited by K_H

Zero

The Talker looked the soldier up and down for a few moments. He gauged that the extent of Zero's injuries could only be tested one way, given his suit obscured all signs of any trauma...

Without a single word the ape brought up one of it's fists and slammed the powerful, furry knuckle directly into Zero's gut, hitting hard enough to be felt but no where near what would be required to kill. Surprisingly the blow went right through the Exo Suit, the whole system of his suit shutting down the moment his assailant had drawn close for the blow, leaving Zero to take the full brunt of the impact without buffer...

The talker nodded it's head simply when it saw the Shock Trooper crumble to the ground, wind knocked out of his lungs and clutching his abdomen in agony as the feeling of fire spread in his rib cage, reminding him all to well of the fractures he'd been so kindly bestowed by that Alpha. Jack's field treatment of the injuries had been rather impressive, suppressing the pain as long as they did, but without a doubt, the drugs had worn out.

"A Medical Officer will be with you shortly." The ape said in what sounded like a young woman's voice, turning away from the man as he groveled. The next minute, it had disappeared back into the same space Zero had seen it pushing the cart from earlier.

Zero fell onto the floor after being punch brutally in the gut blurting out a few words of profanity as he lay there. The pain, he had almost forgotten, had came back only worse after the punch. The pain washed over his body like a bucket of boiling hot water had been dumped on him. 'How did that ape break the the suit's shield?' He thought to himself as she walked off after punching him. He could only wait, wait with his pain as the doctor made his/her way to him.

Zero

"Did you really have to gut check the man, Soraph?" Zero heard a refined female voice ask as the sound of boots on the smooth white floor echoed up. A shadow feel upon him as he lay there, a doctor towering before him, a creme colored exo suit like light sand with a red cross emblazoned on her chest armor. She knelt down and offered her assistance to the patient, gradually helping him back up to his feet and guiding him over to a cot nearby and easing him down to sit. She began clacking away at the Computer terminal by the bed as the Black Ape reappeared with a locked box protected by a password key.

"Zero Pax, four detected broken ribs and two fractured in multiple places..." she said as she finally located him in the databanks. "Supposed to be on the inquisition team heading in tomorrow... how careless of you to go getting injured like this." She wheeled the chair away from the terminal, putting her attention on punching in a number sequence on the Lock Box her helper had brought. "Strip off your exo suit's top," she sighed, producing a long syringe with a bright teal serum of sorts inside. "This is Regen, a drug you've probably never heard off... I have to inject it into the bone, afterwards it'll speed up the biological healing process." She took out a cotton swab and wiped down the syringe, meanwhile the ape started moving towards him... hands up and prepared to pin down the Shock Trooper. "I have to warn you though, this will hurt... very, very much. Most people actually prefer just to wait for the long haul for things to heal... but we don't have that kind of time given the situation. Now, either you can comply and be helpful, or Soraph here can do it for you..." she gestured towards the Talker.

"Teh," Zero said proceeding to take off his Exosuit. The pain in his chest was still great, though he had to power through it if he was ever going to find where his Dad went. "Do what you must, just make quick. The less time I stay here the better." He then unbuttoned the shirt he had hidden away under his Exosuit and there were big marks all over it. Whether brushes or just the swelling of the harmed skin. "You're going to do my ribs right? Then do it quick the less of a burden I make myself the better." he said holding the shirt open for her to inject the blue liquid into him. 'Whatever it takes!' Zero thought to him self as he waited for her to do the injection.

Zero

"Hold him, Soraph." The doctor ordered as she as she placed her hand on the plunger, preparing to drive the needle home into Zero's ribs. "Make sure you grab tight, don't want him flailing around on us and injuring himself even more."

Soraph only nodded, giving the man's arms a grab stronger than steel and keeping him anchored down onto the bed, forcing him down and moving his hands up to his shoulders after applying a few straps below...

"Alright pax," She said. "On the count of three... One...!" without warning she cut the count short and drove the syringe down right into his side... the screech of pain that followed was deafening.

((---End of Chapter 1---))