Pokémon Academy: Ch 1a: A fresh start [IC]

Chim

Mareek got up as soon as Redwood had left the stage. He looked down at his watch... there was still some time before the deadline he had set... but still, seemed rather strange that Slade and the Dragon Master would take this long getting back. Erce was right behind him as he exited the contest hall and stood on the stone pavilion outside the front doors. He was going to head to the tree line and watch for a while, but something told him to just drop the whole thing and go about his own business. He didn't know what it was exactly, but he figured it was just his own introversion.

"Oh, screw it..." he said finally. "Honestly, I'm just wasting my time over this. If he can't even find his way out with a guy capable of that..." He turned around and walked just inside the door way of the the Hall as he recalled how Devin had torn down an entire section of the fence using nothing more than his Haxorus. And they had made it seemed as though it were absolutely nothing. he might have been even more impressed if he really cared about raw power just by itself. He still considered maybe striving to be like the man someday, but shot down the Idea as quick as it came.

"I think I'll stick to strategy alone for my fighting... Might doesn't necessarily mean right." he looked up as people were beginning to mill towards the entrance, moving out of their way and leaning against the door frame outside. Barbecue didn't really interest him right now, given the fact he wasn't exactly hungry, along with that he simply hated the taste to the point where it would make him gag a little.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suddenly, a Vulpix jumped up on the table Claude was sitting and focused his attention on the mountain of food. Drool could be seen from his mouth begging to have some. Even though this trainer wasn't his master, he hoped enough begging would give him part of that delicious meal. He made a face to look like the most miserable Vulpix in the world and that his master would let him starve to death.

((We know Henry feeds him well, but Zuko would do that regardless. He loves his food.))

Wait, what?! Was he really just offering himself as a punching bag?

"Nononono, there's no need for that." His tangled fet carried him a few steps backwards. He was waving his hand infront of himself as a protest to the idea. "it's just... No, it's fin-"

'Hold on a second, Shiro!' A voice echoed through his mind. 'Are you really gonna let this punk go unpunished? I mean, your frickin' favourite sweater got ruined, and you earned yourself a number of bruises and cuts! And why? Because this guy, who's standing in front of you right now, didn't feel obligated to help you at all! Punch him, Shiro, and don't go easy on him!'

"But... I... you... Don't want... stop..." Shiro screamed in agony and let his free hand down upon the evil vagabond. The fist stroke his shoulder with barely enough force for him to feel. Shiro's knees went numb as the fist collided with the bone, and he fell down (again), and threw himself on the back. Huffing and puffing, Shiro smiled a vicious, yet victorious smile, the likes of which you'd see on a psychopath, before bursting into a short laughter.

• Support Squad

Without even breaking his eating pace, Claude deftly set aside a portion of his food for the vulpix. Claude wondered if this was Zuko, Henrys vulpix, but then he figured it didn't matter too much. "I can't let a cutie patootie like you go hungry now can I?" Claude asked after swallowing his bite. Claude also noted that he should grab some food for Doux soon.

"Uh, heh, ok then dude. Guess your not that much of a violent type. I do feel sorry though, just had priorities a little messed up." Well, that was awkward. Robert thought to himself, 'Would've thought Shiro'd have his hand around my neck like that Vulpix guy' "Well, anyway, how about we head to the Barbeque? Maybe you'll clarify the adventure you had while we eat?" He held out his hand to Shiro to help him up.

Henry began to clap slowly after Shiro delivered his punch. "I'll give you an A for effort, but that was a rather pitiful punch. Perhaps you need a demonstration." Henry quickly pulled his hand back and formed it into fist. He quickly launched it forward leaving a great impact on the Robert's stomach. He then watched the boy fall to his knees. "You might want to work on your endurance there. I wasn't even going full force. Now if you excuse me, I have a barbecue to attend to." With that, Henry turned around and quickly left. I have a feeling Zuko is already there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

((Claude, what have you done?))

The Vulpix gave a cry of joy receiving the food. He quickly gobbled it down before giving the same look to Claude again.

Edited by commander218

• Support Squad

Claude sighed, the look the Vulpix was giving him made him think that perhaps it knew how to use Baby-Doll eyes. It seemed it was super effective. Claude portioned off what he expected would fill him up, and gave the remainder to the Vulpix. It was a hefty amount of food as well. "That's it now. You'll have to find your trainer if you want some more OK?" Claude then proceeded to finish off his own portion.

"Gah" was all that came out before Henry punched him straight in the gut. It's obvious that Robert would recline, atleast since he wasn't expecting anything after reaching downwards towards Shiro to pull him up. Once he regained his breath, he went back to help Shiro up. "Well, guess I had that coming from the same guy that was headed off with me before I followed Devin's instructions. Anyway, why don't we follow him there? I mean, might as well, right?"

Edited by TurboAura

"Haha!" Shiro couldn't stop laughing until Robert pulled him up. "You know, that actually felt really great! I mean... uhm... Oh, Shun is waking up!" Shiro looked down at Shun, who had just opened his right eye. Shun smiled when he saw Shiro, and tried reaching for his face with his short hands. "I'm so glad you're fine." Shun grabbed Shiro's nose and was shaking it around.

Shiro turned back to Robert, holding Shun up on his palms. "See, Shun's alright!" He said with an enthusiastic smile. "And yup, I guess we could maybe go follow him..." Shiro shook his head. "But what he did to you really wasn't right... right? Uhm, and I'm his roommate... Should I be worried, maybe..." They started walking behind Henry and towards the barbeque.

"Wait, worried for me? Nah, he just caught me off guard with that, that's all. Trust me, I ended up taking a Makuhita's arm thrust from a stupid bet back in Dewford, short story is that I won." Heh, I can't believe something like that just happened, but that's Karma for you.

Luckily, they were able to catch up to Henry. "Hey man, if your gonna punch a guy in the gut, yah might as well stay and wait for them to get up."

• Support Squad

Claude had finished his portion. With a satisfied smile, he got up and walked away from the hungry vulpix, giving it a pat before walking back to his room . A long day required a Long rest at the end after all~

((Last post from me for day 1))

"Uhm... I was actually asking if I should be worried about myself, since Im his roomate..." They caught up to Henry. After what Shiro witnessed him doing, it felt weird being around the guy, and Shiro was constantly eyeing him.

Slade finally got out of the forest and to the Cafeteria. He got 2 steaks, (One for himself and Flare) 5 shishkebabs, and can of soda. He put on his headphones and sat at an empty table. He gave Flare the steak with the biggest bone and he began to cut the other one. He saw three guy rustling around and one of them was the boy he gave the ralts to. Seems that that ralts was his. Slade let out a sigh of disappointment, ralts were one of the pokemon he wanted to catch on his journey but if that was already caught by a trainer what can he do. Besides him, Flare was devouring the newly cooked steak. The poor thing must be starving after that long battle, he only wants to know when he'll get a new pokemon so he doesn't have to rely solely on Flare. He finished cutting his steak and began eating and began focusing on his music with the occasional head nodding.

Slade's Headphones

Danielle's jaw almost dropped as Professor Redwood finished up with his last words. Since when did Professors actually tell important stuff on the first day of arrival? Certainty not back at her hometown. The crowd of students began dispersing to the cafeteria as Danielle pondered on those words. "Last free meal...? Battle Point system...? And tournaments?" It looks like she going to need more than just a summary of today's speech. She turned towards Evan with a smile. "Good sir, my name is Danielle and this is my partner, Avis. If you be so kind as to spare a few minutes of your time to tell me the details of those four things... No, three things, the second Pokemon is self-explanatory... You just listed, I will be your best friend forever~"

((Chim, I'm just going to skip the conversation and let Evan go his way. Hope that is okay with you.))

------------------------------

"Merci beaucoup, Evan!" Danielle thanked Evan by giving him a quick hug. "I'll make sure to repay you someday. Just let me or Avis know if you need anything!" She and Avis waved goodbye to Evan and his Eevee as the two girls left the Contest Hall. "Well, Avis, it looks like we are left behind. Let's go get some food before we head back to our room, okay? We still need to sort out our stuff for class tomorrow."

Avis let out a cry of approval and let her master carry her to the barbecue.

-----------------------------

Once the duo arrived, they went their separate ways to grab their respective food. Danielle got herself some wings, two hot dogs, a half-done steak (Tauros steak, she assumed) and a cup of water. Avis cried for her help to carry a small bowl of seeds, specifically reserved for bird type Pokemon that can't really dine on most meats, and a piece of raw, tender steak. Once Danielle got them all on a huge tray, she looked around to see if she could find any familiar faces.

Mareek sat back on one of the couches in his and Slade's dorm, his feet stretched out before him. His bag had been set in the unburnt bedroom down the hall. Figured he would make Sid take the damaged one... it was his mistake that caused it to get like that, after all, only fitting that he be the one to live in it. though it could've been much worse, one had to admit. the wall and some of the furniture was a little scorched, but all in all it seemed that whatever the guy had done to put it out, he had done a good job of it... so, at least his foolish roomate had that going for him, right? Hell, Mareek had even done the guy a favor and had Erce go in earlier and clear out the remaining Ariados webbing with her scythes.

He questioned as to why he even cared at all. No skin of his back no matter what happened to Slade... so why bother? why give a damn in the first place? Truth be told...he knew why before ever posing the question in his mind; he simply couldn't help it. It was who he was as a person. Instead of simply standing by and watching others struggle, he preferred to step up and help them if he could. Aloofness was simply a primary defense mechanism he used to try to protect himself in unknown waters. either that, or he was simply too damn nice for his own good...

"Hey, Erce!" he called down the hall way. the mantis emerged from Slades room, carrying bundles of cut webbing in her arms. "Come here, I think I found something..." She went back into the other boy's room and tossed the silk out of the open window before walking up and peering over Mareek's shoulder in what could be best described as the living room. He held the Pokedex up for her to see, a small turtle like creature with a red and white shell was displayed on the screen.

"I heard of these things a while ago," Mareek explained. "Their called Shuckles...and apparently they can withstand any blow you throw at them... think maybe this will make a good partner for us both?" Erce nodded her head simply. Mareek powered off the device and stowed it in his jacket pocket, glancing over at the Scyther as she went back to cleaning out the few remaining cob webs in the other room.

"well... " he said "guess we just wait for whatever tomorrow might bring then..." with that he put on his head phones and powered on the MP3, kicking his feet up to the table and propping them there as the music began to play. He choose something befitting of the situation...he had a feeling that this was just the beginning of many things to come... and of many stories to tell.

((This is my last IC post for chapter 1. Exlink, if you make a post later about slade coming back to the dorm, just say that Mareek is asleep on the couch and Erce is just finishing up clearing the webs from Slade's room and about to leave. She won't attempt to interact with you or anything though, she would just cast a glance and then leave the room.))

After leaving the Contest Hall, Ryan walked silently towards the dorms. He didn't say anything to Jacob or Kage, all he did was stare up in the sky. When he got to the dorm building, he turned around to make sure Kage and Jacob were still following.

After they had gotten to the Cafeteria, he found the 'buffet' of food available, and just had to have Atleast one of each thing. Once sitting down, he explained all that Shiro and Henry missed during the Speech, being that the would need it. After him and Kiai finished up their food, Robert left with a polite "See yah later," and headed off to the dorms. He may have found a battle, but he didn't see much activity that wasn't already filled. Hopefully he got in on the action, or else the anticipation alone may break him.

(This my last IC post of Chapter 1. K_H, you can bunny him into something that doesn't affect the plot[such as a card game] but otherwise he'll just head off to bed eventually, wake up around 6:30 am, and start morning training)

Colin quickly raised at the end of Redwood's speech. Hell, he knew this was no ordinary school, but the whole battle point system, the idea of getting a new Pokémon on the next day (and a Horsea, as he had just thought!), an excursion in just six weeks, tournaments... That was even better than he expected!

... But, as excited as he was, his rumbling stomach reminded him that he barely didn't eat during the whole day. Putting Kyte over his shoulder, he turned to Evan. "Man, that was a cool speech and all but I'm hungry! Let's go grab a bite!"

Around that time a girl appeared through the Hall's door. Colin didn't even realize there were latecomers this... well, late, and wandered were they might have been all this time. She started questioning Evan about the speech and, obviously, he decided to get in the conversation as well.

"Eeeh, yeah, you did miss quite a lot of stuff." He said, stepping nearer the duo. "But hey, no worries, we can go to the barbecue and explain those to you in the way!" The suggestion was followed by an approving "kip" from Kyte.

((Same as Darklight, if you guys want to you can just assume they went, had dinner and got back to their dorms for the class.))

After the couple of bites of Slade's cut steak he noticed that Flare was already done with his and was gnawing on the bone. He then remembered that he missed the assembly and needed to get the info from some one. Then a girl with brown hair and brown eyes walked by, she had a murkow flying by her and a huge tray of food in her hands. She seemed like the most convenient person to ask at the moment so he tried to get the girl's attention while taking his headphones off.

"Excuse me, girl with the murkrow can I steal you for a moment and ask you a couple of questions?"

Without even looking at Kage, Ryan muttered. "Yeah, fine man, nothing's wrong. I hope." The last sentence Ryan muttered to the point that Kage wouldn't be able to hear. Ryan got in the elevator and waited 'til Kage was in to press the button for Floor 2. Once again, without looking at Kage. Ryan hastily walked towards 202. "Mind coming in for just a minute?"

"Yeah, sure man." He briefly considered for a moment before speaking again. "You know, you can't fool me by saying there's nothing wrong; I can hear it in your voice. Hell, I can hear it in your breathing." Kage followed Ryan into his room while waiting for a response.

**Shortly after Danielle asked Evan about the details**

A guy with sky blue hair with a Mudkip on his shoulder approached them. "Eeeh, yeah, you did miss quite a lot of stuff." He said, stepping nearer the duo. "But hey, no worries, we can go to the barbecue and explain those to you in the way!" The suggestion was followed by an approving "kip" from the Mudkip, whose name happens to be Kyte.

Danielle smiled happily. Now she has two guys willing to help her out. "I would love that!" She had held out her hand as a greeting. "My name is Danielle. This Murkrow is my partner, Avis. Pleasure to meet you, good sir. May I have your name?"

-------------------------------------------

**Back at the barbecue**

"Hmm... I wonder where Colin and Kyte went afterwards. Maybe I should have waited for him..." Danielle thought, still not finding a familiar face in the horde of students.

"Excuse me, girl with the murkrow can I steal you for a moment and ask you a couple of questions?"

Danielle turned to face a guy with a fedora and a Growlithe chewing on a bone. Didn't she hear about someone asking where he was before?

"Why, sure thing~" Danielle smiled politely. "But first, can we find a seat? This tray is getting so heavy and I'm so tired from that trek of mine in the forest."

((Since Colin met with Danielle, I am assuming they know each other's names.))

Edited by DarkLight

"Look, I just need to make sure something is or isn't in my bag." Ryan stopped in front of his bag for a minute. Ryan unzipped where he kept his phone and reached in for it. Shit, it's here. With the phone, Ryan also pulled out a picture. A picture he had not hoped to see. He instantly tore up the photograph. He was sobbing but angry at the same time. He sighed as he dropped the shreds in the trash can and slid down in the corner of his wall. Glacien already knew what was happening and silently sat next to Ryan, knowing an awkward nuzzle was not the best move right now.