Pokemon Sword + Shield Leaks & Datamines Thread

lilyawaka

Honestly, my first impression of the starters evo was kinda meh. But the more i look at them, the more i like them. And now that we have some other kind of poses than the first one, i can easily say that i'm still a proud member of the Sobble Squad ! I mean, look at these fabulous fanarts !

Spoiler

ed862c9528f892f0afb6f8ec13828400211b16fbr1-828-814v2_uhq.jpg

pokemon__intelleon_by_mark331_ddjmasj-pre.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MzMwNSIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzQxM2JlYmEyLThhZTktNDNkZi1iZDE3LTY3YmE4ZmI4YjQ0NlwvZGRqbWFzai04YjYzNzY5OS1lNjBkLTRmZjYtYTM2Yy00YjUxYmE5YmJlNTUucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTQxODMifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.UIMowwh6IdDTKCR33usdtJqPUPtOw8DptCaCGmHmuIA

1572705177767.jpg

1f7.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Siragon said:

Honestly, my first impression of the starters evo was kinda meh. But the more i look at them, the more i like them. And now that we have some other kind of poses than the first one, i can easily say that i'm still a proud member of the Sobble Squad ! I mean, look at these fabulous fanarts !

Reveal hidden contents

ed862c9528f892f0afb6f8ec13828400211b16fbr1-828-814v2_uhq.jpg

pokemon__intelleon_by_mark331_ddjmasj-pre.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MzMwNSIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzQxM2JlYmEyLThhZTktNDNkZi1iZDE3LTY3YmE4ZmI4YjQ0NlwvZGRqbWFzai04YjYzNzY5OS1lNjBkLTRmZjYtYTM2Yy00YjUxYmE5YmJlNTUucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTQxODMifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.UIMowwh6IdDTKCR33usdtJqPUPtOw8DptCaCGmHmuIA

1572705177767.jpg

1f7.jpg

Yeah I’m def in sobble squad too! Though I also want to have an entire team of only galarian meowths because I’m obsessed w it and we know the game will be easy enough to do it LOL. 

There's this weird phenomenon where people irrationally hate the starter's final forms when first revealed, I assume because they built up this idea in their heads of what the final form should be and are mad when it's not.  Anyway I don't do that crap, I always thought Greninja was cool and Primarina has always been one of my all time favorite Pokemon, even back when she was first leaked and no one believed she was real.

And I say this Sobble final form is AWFUL.

Are we gonna see the reverse of this phenomenon now?  Where the fandom convinces themselves it's a good design like some sort of stockholm syndrome?  We're already seeing that happen with the game in general lol

Oh right, the other two exist.  Grookey's is kinda dope and Scorbunny's is...  Are we sure that's actually the final form?  I know it's level 49 so it probably is but it looks very "middle form".

Scorbunny's final form looks like fanservice bait almost to me so I don't like it much LMAO.  

Iris thank u for that SFX, It's exactly me when Galarian Meowth was released LADKFFSKGJKS

Some more leaks (and corresponding memes):

Spoiler

IMG_0399.JPG.3883ae7c66e8bf5df93a235695afcde9.JPG

IMG_0398.thumb.JPG.d96911a2b9821edeb6cad8e4dd65f09f.JPG

2 minutes ago, Eagleby18 said:

Well Sobble's final form is apparently supposed to be based on the TF2 spy, maybe its hidden ability is Illusion.

That'd be good because you get to spend slightly less time having to look at it

Damn, that's cold

18 minutes ago, Eagleby18 said:

Well Sobble's final form is apparently supposed to be based on the TF2 spy, maybe its hidden ability is Illusion.

That'd be good because you get to spend slightly less time having to look at it

So, i heard you didn't like Intelleon...

Spoiler

56b

Spoiler

1f7.jpg

So many fantastic new mons this gen

Spoiler

This guy is my personal favorite atm :

I already loved his pre-evo, his color scheme is great, his design screams "badass" and he has the facial expression that goes with it, he has a new type combo that i find great (electrik-poison if you didn't guess).

tl;dr : this thing will probably end up in my top 10 favorite pokemon of all times

Spoiler

The pseudo of the region (allegedly)

Okay, hear me out on this one.

It's a dragon. With a name comporting a pun with "catapult". With a head in the shape of a jet. Who shoots his pre-evos by said jet-shaped head.

Also, it gives me Haxorus vibes, which always brings bonus points in my book.

What's not to love in this guy ?!?

Spoiler

Here is an allegedly Grass-Dragon mon :

Ready to have your mind blown in 2 words ?

Dragon fruit.

Spoiler

The new fossils :

Okay, so the fossils this gen have a pretty cool gimmick. There's not really two fossils. There are two tops ( -vish and -zolt) and two bottoms (arcto- and draco-) and you can combine the two that you want. This is pretty unique and i love this idea. This little guy here is my favorite of the four.

Spoiler

And i'll end this wayyyy-too-long comment with none other than Eternatus. Seriously, look at this thing :

If this thing doesn't scream "I WILL FIND YOU, DESTROY YOUR HOME, MURDER YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND EAT YOUR BABIES !!!", i don't know what does. If you ask me "draw an evil legendary", i would you this. Well, i would if i actually had any talent for drawing. Anyway, you catch my drift : this dude is scary, this dude is gigantic, this dude is beautiful, i love him and i'm eager to see it in action, it's going to be great !

Sooo, there is more that i could show but that's already plenty ! I'll say it again but i really dig the majority of the designs of this gen. Now, if you'll excuse me, i'll go cry a corner of my room because all this still doesn't change the fact that i don't have a switch. Good night guys.

Spoiler

My hatred for Charizard is only growing right now. I just glanced at the Dex listings for the regional Dex, and I mean of course Charizard is going to be in it since the champion Leon has one, but it's before it's counter parts AND I can't see if they're in it either. I'm pretty sure Bulbasaur and Squirtle made it into the game, but I'll be a bit ticked if they're not a part of the regional Dex. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kYt08cbElLG7BfWGrDbzCxpwMiqu3kprjVhyAFqH-Vk/preview

But on a side note, Corsola got a neat regional form it looks like and I'm digging it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vinnie said:
  Reveal hidden contents

My hatred for Charizard is only growing right now. I just glanced at the Dex listings for the regional Dex, and I mean of course Charizard is going to be in it since the champion Leon has one, but it's before it's counter parts AND I can't see if they're in it either. I'm pretty sure Bulbasaur and Squirtle made it into the game, but I'll be a bit ticked if they're not a part of the regional Dex. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kYt08cbElLG7BfWGrDbzCxpwMiqu3kprjVhyAFqH-Vk/preview

But on a side note, Corsola got a neat regional form it looks like and I'm digging it. 

Not only did it get a regional form, it got a Galarian Form evolution.

• Like 1

Spoiler

2 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Not only did it get a regional form, it got a Galarian Form evolution.

Oh yeah, I saw that one too. It tugs on my heart since it's a play on how we're treating the environment. It's well deserved, and Water/Ghost is a pretty good type combo competitively. 

I've also seen a lot of different forms, such as the new Darumaka line. 

Ooooh and also I finally saw Zician's typing in the Dex which was pure Fairy. Shocker, even though there was a leak saying it would be. What's interesting though is that pic in the dex that showed it as a fairy type also showed it without its sword. Maybe it'll have different forms or maybe it's something to do with its ability, I'm not sure. 

Spoiler

SCOrImc.jpg

Okay, here it is, finally : the full list of the galar regional dex.

Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/dmN88QXE

400 mons, from all generations.

10 galar lines (5 from kanto (only ! : farfetch'd and sirfetch'd, ponyta and galopa, mr mime and his new evolution : mr rime, weezing and whatever passed through the head of the designer team when galarian meowth came to be), 1 from johto (corsola and his new evolution), 1 from hoenn (the zigzagoon line with the brand new obstagoon) and 3 from unova (interestingly enough : yamask and an alternate evolution (or it seems) : ruinegrigus, darumaka and darmanitan aaaand... stunfisk. Okay, why not.) ).

75 completely new pokemon (not counting gigantamax, nor galarian forms and evolutions).

We then jump to a whooping 94 with the 19 regional variants and evolutions ! That's honestly a decent number, which brings the total of pokemon from 809 to 884, 921 if you count the regional variants of both Alola and Galar.

Now, i saw some people saying that the dex expands after you beat the league. Don't know how to interpret that or if it's a good idea to take it into consideration. 400 is already a fair amount imo. Now, i'm not really that affected by the national dex outrage, so my opinion is worth what it is : not that much.

Anyway, i hope you'll still find enjoyment in this game ! Peace !

• Upvote 1

Here's a more effective visualization:

gT0F4A8.png

Also post-dex has been disproven. We have these 400 and that's it. My biggest loss is ofc the Metagross line. Also I'm laughing Melmetal will never be in an official game. We will never know it's ability. Lastly I am ENRAGED that charizard is the ONLY starter to make it in. There's favoritism and then there's this. I don't have a switch so I can't get the game anyway, but from now on I think I'll just wait for a fangame with the new mons in it.

1 hour ago, Siragon said:

Okay, here it is, finally : the full list of the galar regional dex.

Hide contents

https://pastebin.com/dmN88QXE

400 mons, from all generations.

10 galar lines (5 from kanto (only ! : farfetch'd and sirfetch'd, ponyta and galopa, mr mime and his new evolution : mr rime, weezing and whatever passed through the head of the designer team when galarian meowth came to be), 1 from johto (corsola and his new evolution), 1 from hoenn (the zigzagoon line with the brand new obstagoon) and 3 from unova (interestingly enough : yamask and an alternate evolution (or it seems) : ruinegrigus, darumaka and darmanitan aaaand... stunfisk. Okay, why not.) ).

75 completely new pokemon (not counting gigantamax, nor galarian forms and evolutions).

We then jump to a whooping 94 with the 19 regional variants and evolutions ! That's honestly a decent number, which brings the total of pokemon from 809 to 884, 921 if you count the regional variants of both Alola and Galar.

Now, i saw some people saying that the dex expands after you beat the league. Don't know how to interpret that or if it's a good idea to take it into consideration. 400 is already a fair amount imo. Now, i'm not really that affected by the national dex outrage, so my opinion is worth what it is : not that much.

Anyway, i hope you'll still find enjoyment in this game ! Peace !

Spoiler

I actually read a few places that the dex won’t expand in post game 😞 as a bulbasaur lover, this makes me v sad. I hope those sources are wrong!! It also looks like my favorite Pokémon won’t be in the game :< 🅱️ress F for Kingdra 

30 minutes ago, lilyawaka said:
  Hide contents

I actually read a few places that the dex won’t expand in post game 😞 as a bulbasaur lover, this makes me v sad. I hope those sources are wrong!! It also looks like my favorite Pokémon won’t be in the game :< 🅱️ress F for Kingdra 

Spoiler

Yeah, i know how you feel. Out of my top 20 favorites, i have 5 who made the cut. Okay, maybe it has to do with the fact that half of it are starters, but still ! Poor, poor Absol...

Interestingly enough, we can see that the old gens all have more or less a third of his mons in representation (54 for the 151 from gen 1, 33 for the 100 from gen 2, 42 for the 135 from gen 3, 38 for the 107 from gen 4), while gen 5 has half of them (85 for the 156) and gen 6 and 7 have a middle ground (with 32 for the 72 from gen 6 and 36 for the 86 from gen 7).