Pokemon Reborn Wiki?

FragsBunny

I'm surprised that no one has noticed this yet, but... Pokemon Reborn does not have its own wikipedia. That's rather odd for me, because other fan-made Pokemon games that I heard of so far (like Pokemon Insurgence) already have their own wiki despite only being in beta progress.

Or is Ame trying to stop us from spoiling the game? What do you think? Personally I believe that Pokemon Reborn should have its own page on Wikia network. I might even help a little with page editing if needed.

Honestly, what most people use a wiki for is tips, hints, and location guides/stats of different mons, all of which are included within the threshold of this forum. Also, if you wish, you can ask for spoilers around here, so it's kinda pointless to say it's the preserve the seal of secrecy.

If you personally wish to create a wiki for Reborn for the sake of simple navigation, go ahead and we will do our best to assist you in this endeavor so others may have an easy access to certain information and keep the forum from being spammed with a ton of "where can I find x pokemon?"

I ... don't remember Ame being specifically against a wiki, but like Jan and Author say, we already have a wealth of information here on the forums so perhaps there isn't a need for one.

If memory serves, we do have some pages on TvTropes though...

edit:

A brief google search found me a Pokemon Reborn wiki, but I don't think that's the Reborn you had in mind, lol.

Did find the TvTropes page though.

• Administrators

I personally don't know who's responsible for the tropes page.

I also don't really have anything against a wiki, but I have no intention of creating or monitoring it myself. My only real concern about it is that it might encourage new players to just look up things like how to get X pokemon, rather than exploring the game world for themselves.

That said, I won't stop anyone if they want to make it.

I personally don't know who's responsible for the tropes page.

I also don't really have anything against a wiki, but I have no intention of creating or monitoring it myself. My only real concern about it is that it might encourage new players to just look up things like how to get X pokemon, rather than exploring the game world for themselves.

That said, I won't stop anyone if they want to make it.

"it might encourage new players to just look up things like how to get X pokemon"

Ame, they already do that in the forums.

Personally a wiki in my opinion would give away too much info (in a game that is TRULY based off secrets) for the game. Certain things i get, like Zorua. But at the same time giving all the answers away on a wiki would spoil far too much.

• Administrators

And doesn't really have its own site to host stuff on, on top of that

..speaking of which if we do use a wiki we should probably host it our selves rather than using wikia. If this is something people feel strongly about I would look into setting that up and then turning it over to you guys.

@ gaunt, pretty much why I'm not touching it

You don't have to spoil general stotryline or locations of Pokemon. The Reborn wiki should primarily describe Reborn Region and its various locations along with some details of Field Effects.

Basically, if we put anything except for story spoilers and Pokemon locations, it'll be still a fine wiki. Just think about this - what kind of information you would like to put there first and what information you would like to "hide" until the game is fully completed? Trust me, this can save us a lot of time if we start working on it early.

The character page -is- going to be updated soon.

As for my opinion on a wiki - I personally wouldn't mind, but I have no clue how to maintain it without including a walk though on all the side quests - which actively bolsters our community and encourages use of this forum as previously mentioned.

Personally, if you look at a site like Bulbapedia it has all the info you need during the official Pokemon games; Pokemon stats, locations, movepools, evolution methods, item locations, item usage, characters, gym leaders and their Pokemon/movesets and storylines. The most important things needed for Reborn, namely Pokemon Locations and Item Locations both have their own threads here to make that easier.

However I was recently thinking of Starting a thread(or posting it in the Gym Leader help thread) about the Pokemon and Movesets of the Gym Leaders so people could prepare better, but after thinking about it it would spoil the game a bit too much.

A Wiki seems like a lot of hard work and most info you need is just a searchfunction away.

I'm not for or against it, myself. But, I see little point as most everything you need can be found on this site. I say at least hold off until the game is complete, and I would even recommend some level of information embargo on the Wiki as well; if only for a little while after it is complete. Sort of how Bulbapedia does when a new game is released.

And, as of right now I don't think a Wiki is entirely feasible. Reborn has been known to change rather drastically, particularly in terms of Pokémon availability and such across newer episodes to help balance the game and go about the usual theme of making players try and use Pokémon they won't necessarily use otherwise. It would be a pain in the ass to maintain unless there was a staff member or few dedicated specifically to maintaining it due to the potential frequency of changes.

I still remember being able to have a Magby almost immediately as well as an Elekid very early on. Now? Yeah... See my point? Even then, there's no one to say Ame may or may not change certain story elements along the line or even decide to change a particular character some to better fit the current state of the game.

I also feel a wiki could... Rid the game of some of its difficulty, something that I feel is a bit of a highlight with it. Different puzzles and the like would have a cheat sheet right there, and so on. Reborn isn't like Zeta or Omicron, it's meant to be more of a challenge. And, knowing where everything is would take away some of that challenge.

But, those are just my two cents. As I said, not for or against it, I just see as many cons as there are pros. Maybe more.

The character page -is- going to be updated soon.

As for my opinion on a wiki - I personally wouldn't mind, but I have no clue how to maintain it without including a walk though on all the side quests - which actively bolsters our community and encourages use of this forum as previously mentioned.

So you have not been updating the characters page ever since episode 9? What has been holding you for so long?

So you have not been updating the characters page ever since episode 9? What has been holding you for so long?

Probably a lot of things, busy lives outside of Reborn, being the first one that comes to my mind. I know a lot of people around here do have very busy lives, many are students and others have jobs and the like; some of the folks around here are even active military. Besides, in all honesty, the character page doesn't seem like something that is all that important compared to some other things. The game itself, coming to mind.

There's a lot more going on under the hood here than just a couple things, after all.

• Administrators

I have a tendency to neglect the site in favor of working on the actual game.

Oops.