Watcha gonna du fr Hardy?

Zander

Idk, just felt like Hardy would have that kind of country side accent. But seriously, is anyone even bothering to prepare to fight him? I'm 90% sure that he would be a gym leader in episode 18 whom we have to defeat. I had a Donphan which I ev trained for Titania but didn't need to use even once. Now I have a Donphan and an iv bred, ev trained Garchomp. Also an iv bred ev trained Froakie, plus an EV trained Greninja and some other mons whom I had no intention of raising for Hardy but they just so happen to be there.

So everyone just gonna go yolo because rock is the easiest type in the game or actually going to try and beat him with special pokemon?

Hardy in the initial actual reborn league was champ or something no? I recall hearing something like that, like he won the thing and used a trick room doubles team with freakin solrock and lunatone as his aces lolololol. Yeah times were different back then.

Rock isn't the easiest type really and is quite strong offensively, despite the games trying their hardest to convince players how amazing they are defensively, which is kind of silly considering their 5 weaknesses lol. However combine the amount of strudy users, sandstorm special defense passive boost, and field effects and hardy has the potential to put up a pretty good fight. Then again we thought amaria was going to be tough but she ended up being easier than expected.

@Monochrome_Complex

Lol well Solrock and Lunatone are those team meteor double admin's aces or something I think? It would be pretty crazy if Hardy started using trick room. I mean Randomus already did that.

I also completely forgot about sandstorm and how it helps rock types. And I may sound dumb but I don't think there is a rock type mega evolution yet so the only thing I would expect is a mega Aggron. 

The only reason Amaria was tough was because of that bs feild effect. It really messed up my battle style. I don't think Hardy would be so easily improvised over.

Also as @Archeric said, dusk form Lycanrock with accelrock and a z move be really bad. But I'm still pretty lax for some reason. Just can't seem to take rock types seriously.

i heard that both Hardy and Saphira will be using the Dragon Den field, we still dont know if he fights in double or not but hopefully he will be more challenging that TItania 

Maybe he will use mega tyranitar or mega Aerodactyl 

• Global Mods
6 minutes ago, Zander said:

@Monochrome_Complex

Lol well Solrock and Lunatone are those team meteor double admin's aces or something I think? It would be pretty crazy if Hardy started using trick room. I mean Randomus already did that.

I also completely forgot about sandstorm and how it helps rock types. And I may sound dumb but I don't think there is a rock type mega evolution yet so the only thing I would expect is a mega Aggron. 

The only reason Amaria was tough was because of that bs feild effect. It really messed up my battle style. I don't think Hardy would be so easily improvised over.

Also as @Archeric said, dusk form Lycanrock with accelrock and a z move be really bad. But I'm still pretty lax for some reason. Just can't seem to take rock types seriously.

There's Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Tyranitar (and mega Diancie) Which are pretty threatening. 

I can see him using sand and stealth rocks for a bunch of chip damage, especially on the rocky field with the boost of those

@Angelkitsune It was initially said that Dragons Den would be used in two gyms, but I think the cave trial thing in Titania's gym might've counted as one of those in the end.

We still didn't know what hardy is going to use i know his ace is gigalith dont know if he will use Solrock and Lunatone in Singles maybe some Fossil pokemon idk

he might use Lycanrock(midnight) since Aya use Lycanrock(midday)

if mega i dont know which one Tyranitar or Aerodactyl definetly not mega aggron becuz it just turn to steel type

BTW do the gym leader in the game uses the same pokemon in the Reborn League

12 minutes ago, Angelkitsune said:

BTW do the gym leader in the game uses the same pokemon in the Reborn League

A few of their aces tend to stay the same, but I'm pretty sure most gym leaders have had their teams changed, especially since most of them have Gen 7 mons when the PO Reborn League was over long before Gen 7 began.  Just for example, Titania's ace early on in the Reborn League was Scizor.  Now, it's quite obvious that Aegislash is her ace.  Regardless of their teams, these gym leaders tend to move towards Pokemon that fit their theme more.  Aegislash without a doubt fits Titania's Princess meets Knight in Shining Armor motif.  In Amaria's case (this was a discussion a few of the patreon supporters and myself had), her Lapras set in doubles is especially fitting for the Reshiram path.  Lapras has Protect, Perish Song, Rest, and Surf.  As for the three non-offensive moves, Perish Song represents her passive nature towards death in combination with her anger towards the player for indirectly causing the split between her and Titania.  If Lapras were to use Perish Song and then Rest, it wouldn't be unlikely that Lapras faints in its sleep, also emphasizing how Amaria would probably be fine to just not wake up one day.  Finally, Protect is indicative of unhealthy defense mechanisms that essentially everyone with mental illness develop.  So their teams can often change in order to better suit their character and their themes. To bring this back to the original question, most gym leaders back in the online league had multiple teams they'd use.  So it wouldn't be likely that there was a solid foundation for any of their in-game teams to be copied from.

Again completely forgot about Aerodactyl and Tyranitar. Luna uses a Tyranitar though so I'm expecting Aerodactyl. Mega Aerodactyl is seriously op. I used to use it all the time in uu to anhilate teams. Just haven't visited the game in so long that I forgot about it. Now Hardy is starting to seem like a threat. This is gonna be a good battle then.

Pretty much just this guy down here:

Screenshot_4.png.ddd7a393b075af3438adb39e53e2bb3b.png

Whatever escapes Heracross should be handled by Rotom-Wash + Aegislash (so only fast rock types like Aerodactyl and Lycanrock-Dusk). Those 3 Pokemon are part of my regular post-E17 team, so I'm not training anything specific for Hardy. 

That said, I do think Mega Aerodactyl will prove to be more challenging than Mega Tyranitar on Hardy's team, especially with that speed tier and a sandstorm sp.def boost (most likely). Looking forward to this fight just so that I can use mega evolution in a gym battle for once