[SPOILERS] The Completionist's Guide to Where Love Lies

Lucifer

so i noticed there's still people who are trying to figure out how to get the true ending. i'm also cursed with being a completionist so i thought i'd go ahead and just conjure up a guide so that people can experience the true ending, because with the normal ending you're missing out on some important information (as it's essentially an extension of the normal ending), and of course, a much better ending. plus who doesn't love the feeling of collecting everything :} 

Spoiler

so here's what we need to do in order to trigger the true ending:

• Collect all available pokemon
  • Trigger the secret cutscene in Chapter 2
  • Collecting the Time Capsule and the keys with it (not 100% sure if you need this, but I'd do it anyways just to be safe)

I collected all these mons in chronological order, so it shouldn't be too hectic to follow along (and I would highly advise you do so, because if you progress too far it locks you out of being able to collect certain mons).

I will not list Pokemon that are given to you through means of story (except for the second and last one cause those count even though they aren't really given to you :0), as they do not count towards your collection count. All the mons listed here are required for the true ending.

CHAPTER 1 (1 Pokemon & Time Capsule)

Spoiler

1st Mon: Scyther/Muk/Donphan

Spoiler

• Talk to the worker on the very right from the dock. He will talk about how he lost his Union ID.

1a.png.c46fd9c49d5e4a29c1d60ff260cbf78a.png

• After you get kicked out of the managers office, talk to the worker standing in front of some crates, directly left of the managers building. The worker will detail how you can get a free pokemon with a union ID.

1b.png.b2db2a687773d46b3a706fe4839592da.png

• Go back to the worker who lost his Union ID. He'll mention where he lost it (north near a stream).
  • From there, you head to the northeast, where you'll find a stream of water. You'll find the union ID on the ground right next to the water (you can use your itemfinder if the picture isn't enough :o).

1c.png.d5e562381f9b781e62d07a9f90fe4165.png

• Once you've collected the Union ID, head back to the worker who offered you the pokemon. You will get to choose Scyther, Muk, or Donphan. It doesn't matter which one you choose.

Time Capsule:

Spoiler

The Time Capsule can be obtained in Vitus's old mansion, but it can only be collected before you go to Tesla's apartment for the night. You will find the Time Capsule on a rock (my itemfinder didn't detect it, so use the image shown) in the room where you encounter Beheeyem. 

5abd139ecb617_Capsulearea.png.ab34ec5f13e1d76e60d4c5be7dd7b166.png

CHAPTER 2 (13 Pokemon, 2 Capsule Keys and the cutscene)

Spoiler

2nd Mon: Forretress

Spoiler

Found in a cave east of the cave where you first meet Taelia. 

(whoops I forgot to take a picture but I mean there's no way in hell you can miss this. Required for story progression)

3rd Mon: Gastrodon

Spoiler

Found on the Uncharted Shore (where you first arrive on the island). Rock smash is required. I would recommend grabbing Forretress and immediately going back to the shore so you don't forget to collect Gastrodon.

2.png.d6f223f26b47aecbc1fb3fced96f9a90.png

4th Mon: Leavanny

Spoiler

Found in the Uncharted Forest. After defeating the first ruffian, keep heading east until you see a split in the path that heads south. Go down the southern path, where you will find Leavanny directly above a cave entrance.

3.png.532d488bd87d09fc182e877a21622443.png

5th Mon: Roselia

Spoiler

After you save Taelia from the ruffians, head to the northwest corner from the cherry blossom tree. (also please be sure not to skip the giant red text below, it is very important, and I suggest you read it immediately after you rescue Taelia)

4.png.b86bf7ffed9378f597e1a1c4595f86b1.png

CUTSCENE:

AROUND THIS TIME YOU WILL GO TO THE ABANDONED VILLAGE TO MEET TAELIA AND CELLA. WHEN TAELIA DISMISSES YOU AND YOU GO TO FIND A NEW PLACE TO BUILD FOR THEM, IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU GO BACK TO THE CAVE. EXIT THE NORTHERN ENTRANCE OF THE CAVE INTO THE UNCHARTED FOREST AND KENNETH WILL MENTION THAT IT IS GETTING DARK.  THIS IS REQUIRED FOR THE CUTSCENE TO TRIGGER (WHICH IN TURN IS REQUIRED FOR THE TRUE ENDING). AFTERWARDS, YOU CAN CONTINUE ON LIKE YOU WOULD NORMALLY. SEE THE SPOILER BELOW FOR IMAGES.

Spoiler

After being dismissed, head back to the cave

cutscene2.png.140924505a73f8d2e9ce5e84e85b2f37.png

Head out of the northern entrance

cutscene3.png.1d3af38e90bfa3eb561a7aa4927c23cf.png

Kenneth dialogue will trigger, and thus you have successfully done what you need in order to trigger the cutscene. You can now head back to the Abandoned Village and continue as you would normally.

cutscene4.png.7473b9e1f84ce8bc4e2cc65b1cc403bd.png

6th Mon: Munchlax

Spoiler

Found directly South of the cavern in the Abandoned Village in a field of flowers. (whoops i forgot to screenshot before i grabbed it xd)
5.png.9942d8d9fb3acacfecceb93c2f6450d7.png

7th Mon: Floette

Spoiler

Surf on the second eastern stream southward. As soon as you see the waterfall, go to the left side, where you will find Floette.
  6a.png.d3f255bd10a94d128cb04ae2298b9efb.png6b.png.70f7dfe0e21d73ec1db6abf58ae3cc70.png

8th Mon: Manectric

Spoiler

Same directions for Floette, except instead, go to the right side instead of the left. 
7.png.9e17ad5b0510e740b29905907e0c38db.png

9th Mon: Altaria

Spoiler

Altaria can be found in the extreme Northwest of the stream route (route 3 aka the burning chambers of hell when you run out of repels). Instead of going up the stairs to the hidden forest, surf across the stream to the left and you will find Altaria.

8a.png.25a3eba7354bc5849f952de9fca40e7d.png8b.png.1593cfa9123642df6fa512c21e9c1302.png

10th Mon: Gabite (and a Capsule Key)

Spoiler

Gabite  is found secret cave behind the waterfall in the Hidden Forest, where the Caratos entrance is in the main story. Surf directly ahead inside the cave and you will find it (of course i literally forget to take a picture of getting gabite lmao).

9.5.png.a8c198e9b6a505371e227a1eebc68fd7.png

The first capsule key is located on a rock in the west portion of the cave. Use your itemfinder to locate it. 

5abd2117913c7_Capsulekey1.png.5b82ab18821835218c2b58a7df4424e5.png

11th Mon: Pancham

Spoiler

In the Hidden Forest, there is a small body of water that streams out north, west, and south. Follow the stream west, and you will find Pancham.

9a.png.1e04ba2b6bb8633f177627b667a03e89.png9b.png.8b889354289c0c307768440cd32b0a20.png

12th Mon: Banette

Spoiler

In the Thieves Stronghold, head southwest and surf across the stream. Up the stairs, you will find Banette.

10.png.798d6e8931660bfc6c909e4b4ece9aea.png

13th Mon: Krokorok

Spoiler

In the Thieves Stronghold, head north until you spot the waterfall. Surf across the stream, and in the northwest corner you will find Krokorok11.png.39742fbc9244c1a5619529b514ebb5c4.png 

14th Mon: Espeon

Spoiler

Found in the Abandoned Shack after you move Cella and Taelia out to their new home. The best time to get Espeon is when Taelia sends you out to obtain the Dynamite (and yet again i forget to take a damn screenshot before i collect the mon xddddddd)

11.5.png.e0759db2b9ec95888b6d30f1fbdfde20.png

Second Time Capsule Key:

Spoiler

The second time capsule key can be found on Don Carto's couch. The best time to obtain the key is when you go back to the Thieves Stronghold to get the dynamite for Taelia. Be sure to collect the key first, as collecting all the dynamite will teleport you away from the Thieves Stronghold.

5abd248102d7c_Capsulekey2.png.7f8bd76081be8203a43d637bb5c9dd38.png

CHAPTER 3  (2 Pokemon & the last Capsule Key)

Spoiler

Third (and last) Capsule Key:

Spoiler

The last capsule key is obtained at the Sheridan School, to the right of the inn.

5abd26f28f48e_Capsulekey3.png.cd2d4798478f03374f0140a224020711.png

Talk to the teacher and answer the three questions correctly. After you complete the three question quiz, she will give you the last capsule key.

5abd2733bccef_Capsulekey3B.png.da120606a30fc5dd4c576dd88044deb1.png

Later on, you'll have the option to store the Capsule Key into the chest. Make sure to store it into the chest later on when the option is present. Please do not press 'No'. Please.

15th Mon: Shuckle

Spoiler

After completing the Amethyst Cave trials, as soon as you're back in Sheridan (it'll be night time), enter Teddie's house. His house will be locked all day, and this is the only chance you'll be able to enter. His home is situated to the right of the Purification Chamber. Talk to him and he'll give you the Shuckle.

12.png.59d6bab675777dcb490caa5ffc9d9ec2.png12b.png.81d029871b325e0767efae07b3062c6a.png 

16th Mon: Claydol

Spoiler

Claydol is in Amethyst Cave where Taelia was thrown down into the hole by the mysterious woman. You can return to this room after you completed the trials, either at night or the next day when you head to Route 2. You will find Claydol in the west side of the room.

13.png.88c7ca7314acb4d4c31eb20289268083.png

CHAPTER 4 (2 Pokemon & Unlocking the Time Capsule)

Spoiler

17th Mon: Larvesta

Spoiler

On top of Caratos Mountain, where you go to meet the Oracle. Head to the northeast up the stairs, and you will find Larvesta across the stream. I would do this before you talk to the Oracle, as I do not remember if you are able to freely roam around the area again. 
14.png.c193fae69bac8c3442a8fabeb55b9b4d.png

Unlocking the Time Capsule:

Spoiler

Before you depart to find Deagan, go to the chest up in Kenneth's room when he mentions that he needs supplies. Assuming you stored the key into the chest as Taelia, you will receive the final key, thus allowing you to unlock the Time Capsule. I won't spoil exactly what it is, but the big hint I'll give is the name Dranna. ^.~

18th Mon: Empoleon

Spoiler

WE'RE AT THE LAST MON FINALLY but like Forretress, there's no way you can miss this. It's required to progress the story, as you need it for waterfall and rock climb. You will find Empoleon inside the Icefall Cave.

16.png.c15f381d9bd61e8158a48001cdd66ba6.png

AND FINALLY:

Spoiler

5abd302a7eaf2_fucklmao.png.70e2afae6e44b4e4a386acfcdf8147c8.png

time for me to do what Keta did in the true ending because this side story has me feeling way too much. it was really amazing though, and now Keta is probably one of my favorite characters in Rejuvenation. huge shoutout to Jan for creating this wonderful story. 

I wish you posted this like 3 days ago when I was walking around for hours trying to figure out how to trigger the cut scene but good guide regardless. I thought the time capsule thing was bugged because there's some key in the hole where you beat Nihilego which doesn't show up in your inventory afterwards but I guess you don't need it after all?

Anyway I doubt I'll play through this again so soon just for the capsule since I literally just played it twice so if someone wants to spoil me about what's inside, by all means do it. That is what the spoiler tag is for.

19 hours ago, SunSlash said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I also know what dranna is

but does anyone know the password for the secret thing in GDC centre tower is  

489234 Central Building in GDC for a free gift

Now a favor for a favor... Tell me please, who Drana is and how the capsule can be used/opened.

18 minutes ago, FlaFla said:

image.thumb.png.33372408580fa0c3c4c9eedab8face68.png

I've found this Capsule Key which it isn't mentioned,  but it doesn't show up in the Key Items. I only see the 2 I got previously.

yeah, i've heard about this before. i think it's safe to assume this is a bugged key, especially if it's not actually appearing in your key items. i never found that key and i was still able to open the time capsule. the key locations i've provided in the guide worked for me personally. 

9 hours ago, Nadrel said:

I've followed this guide and have all keys, all pokemons and seen the cutscene where Kenneth says it's getting dark, but I still can't open the time capsule. How do you do it?

IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE

Don't pick up the hidden capsule key, in Nihilego's hole. Doing that bugs the game and the capsule never opens. If you collect all others normally and simply skip this one, then it is done.

Mewtwo with Y mega stone inside and moves: Fire Blast, Psychic, Calm Mind, Aura Sphere.

Owwwww darn :'(

Edit: Replayed the game, wether the time capsule is bugged or not, you still get the same ending as long as you have the 3 capsule keys...

The only difference is that you receive a

Mewtwo

I don't know if this has any influence on whether you get the 'true ending' or not.

I played part of this episode (I'm currently at chapter 3), but I also like to watch playthroughs from other people on YouTube.

During one playthrough I noticed that there was a difference compared to mine.

This happened when you go to rescue Taelia form the thugs.

Spoiler

In the playthrough on YouTube, when Kenneth enters their base (for the first time), he walks into a room filled with thugs, battles their 'leader', and rescues Taelia.

When I entered the base, I had a different scene. The screen was kinda blurry. Kenneth walked into the next room to see Taelia in her hyper mode (pink hair, red eyes). She was covered in blood and it appears as if she killed all the thugs (they're all dead on the ground). Then the woman with the beheyeem interferes. She mentions how Kenneth wasn't supposed to see this yet and reverses time and whipes Kenneth's memories of this event. Kenneth then starts over from where you enter the hideout. When Kenneth walk into the base for the second time, the scene plays out the same as in the YouTube playthrough. 

2 hours ago, KmK said:

I don't know if this has any influence on whether you get the 'true ending' or not.

I played part of this episode (I'm currently at chapter 3), but I also like to watch playthroughs from other people on YouTube.

Hide contents

In the playthrough on YouTube, when Kenneth enters their base (for the first time), he walks into a room filled with thugs, battles their 'leader', and rescues Taelia.

When I entered the base, I had a different scene. The screen was kinda blurry. Kenneth walked into the next room to see Taelia in her hyper mode (pink hair, red eyes). She was covered in blood and it appears as if she killed all the thugs (they're all dead on the ground). Then the woman with the beheyeem interferes. She mentions how Kenneth wasn't supposed to see this yet and reverses time and whipes Kenneth's memories of this event. Kenneth then starts over from where you enter the hideout. When Kenneth walk into the base for the second time, the scene plays out the same as in the YouTube playthrough. 

Spoiler

that was the secret cutscene that you saw. it is a requirement if you want to get the true ending ^^

4 hours ago, KmK said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah this cutscene kinda scared me a lot since I was playing at 4 am in the morning in the darkness with no lights on, The music and Taelia’s sprites scared the heck out of me.

On 3/30/2018 at 1:00 PM, Kenneth said:

489234 Central Building in GDC for a free gift

Now a favor for a favor... Tell me please, who Drana is and how the capsule can be used/opened.

Where the heck do you input the code though

2 hours ago, Seehan said:

Where the heck do you input the code though

It says central building or something, in the area called GDC. And i think i read somewhere, it needs to be dusk or something? But i am not so sure about that last part. I am sorry, i haven't reached that area yet, i beat the Mini episode First.

Also, credits are due to OP. He answered my question and what i posted above, concerning NOT to pick Nihilego Hole's hidden item, was OP's advice. Apologies for not mentioning earlier.

Edited by Kenneth

On 3/31/2018 at 5:12 AM, FlaFla said:

image.thumb.png.33372408580fa0c3c4c9eedab8face68.png

I've found this Capsule Key which it isn't mentioned,  but it doesn't show up in the Key Items. I only see the 2 I got previously.

On 3/31/2018 at 5:33 AM, Lucifer said:

yeah, i've heard about this before. i think it's safe to assume this is a bugged key, especially if it's not actually appearing in your key items. i never found that key and i was still able to open the time capsule. the key locations i've provided in the guide worked for me personally. 

If you follow the game dialogue, that Capsule Key is the same as the last one. The note before you take it says that Aelita found it under the house where the hole was previously.

On 4/3/2018 at 4:47 AM, Kenneth said:

It says central building or something, in the area called GDC. And i think i read somewhere, it needs to be dusk or something? But i am not so sure about that last part. I am sorry, i haven't reached that area yet, i beat the Mini episode First.

Also, credits are due to OP. He answered my question and what i posted above, concerning NOT to pick Nihilego Hole's hidden item, was OP's advice. Apologies for not mentioning earlier.

figured it out, you go to the GDC during the DAY

Dranna is the name for the Mewtwo that Crescent has in Pokemon Rejuvenation. When you open the time capsule, you are able to obtain it and use it, but Crescent somehow gets her hands on it after Keta dies. Idk how she got it but the main piece of information to obtain from this is that Keta had her Mewtwo before she did. (for those who dont  know what Dranna is)

1 hour ago, xPhinGaming said:

Dranna is the name for the Mewtwo that Crescent has in Pokemon Rejuvenation. When you open the time capsule, you are able to obtain it and use it, but Crescent somehow gets her hands on it after Keta dies. Idk how she got it but the main piece of information to obtain from this is that Keta had her Mewtwo before she did. (for those who dont  know what Dranna is)

To be accurate, Team Xen gets it first, since it's the shadow mewtwo you fight.