Poison Monotype run of Reborn (Latest Defeated Leader: Amaria)

Jess

5 hours ago, Jess said:

A non-STAB Extrasensory by Roserade always OHKO'es EVERYTHING that is weak to Psychic. A non-STAB supereffective move we use vs ANYTHING only deals about 70% of their max HP. Cause reasons. PJSalt

Nah his Roserade is legit. From my side, Blossom, my Roserade is able to OHKO most pokes with extrasensory, as seen from my videos.

I'm not sure about the speed, however, I will test it out by leveling her up to the same level as his, and see who's faster, after fully EV training ;)

Edit: half of my previous post is completely gone... :(

Edited by RedAlert

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHAPTER 12: Cultists, gangs and a Dark Dreamer!

With Radomus down (and vanished) and with Luna and Cain kidnapped by El, we had to find shady people and ask them for El's possible whereabouts! Which I did. And I also did something for the first time. I joined Aqua Gang, which is useless. Only for the sake of getting to know if something changes, because I always chose the Magma Gang. Reasons I despise Aqua Gang is just because they are useless. Type advantage and can't win for the life of them vs Magma. Pathetic. But anyways! The first video of the chapter is totally uneventful, joining Aqua, robbing old rich bitch, defeating Team Magma and getting access to Route 7, finally being able to track down the weirdo who thinks he is a Bug trainer. Bennett.

Spoiler

After that was taken over, Bennett "lures" us into his and El's well-camouflaged (AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... ahem... seriously, this trap couldn't have been any more obvious) trap and we get imprisoned. Buddy with Klef-key sets us free, we sneak under the nose of cultists, then beat some other cultists, read stupid "prophecies" written by people who probably were just TOO HIGH and happened to have pen and paper nearby, solve a simple psalm puzzle and release Luna from creeper Bennett and heretic El, with the help of madhatter Radomus and Teleporting Gossip Gardevoir! Again, stuff that happen everyday in the world of Pokemon! Oh, we also released Cain. Hiya there damsel! <3

Spoiler

In the end of this ordeal, Radomus and Gardevoir depart to unknown whereabouts (still unknown by the end of E16), Luna gives us Crystal Key to find her in Iolia Valley and challenge her to a Gym Battle, and Cain goes to Agate gate, to see if those sleepyheads are waking up anytime soon. So, I travel back all the way to Vanhanen Labyrinth, fall down in a tree hole (call me Alice), maybe chasing a Bunnelby or a Buneary probably, Mad Hatter is MIA, and I find myself in Wnderland, AKA Iolia Valley. After a lot of Crystal tapping, Smashing and dark cavern wandering, I discover that someone equally weird and twisted as the Queen of Hearts is following me. Oh, yes, Bennett, the loverboy! Luna shoves him off, we kick his a$$ in a royal manner, he whines a bit, then leaves. Then, we challenge Luna! Who I'm sure fancies Venam, but I'll come later to find out. On my own. Shoo weirdos, fly, we need privacy!

VS LUNA (Bonus(?): VS BENNETT)

Anyways, before beating her, I had to beat her! (again, no naughty puns were intended here). Since I don't count Bennett as an important fight, I will only put here the team I used in the Gym Battle! And the team I used to defeat Luna was the following:

Spoiler

garbodor.gif

Typhon, the Garbodor (Male)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Black Sludge)

Jolly/Aftermath

• Acid Spray
  • Toxic
  • Amnesia
  • Toxic Spikes

tentacruel.gif

Charybdis, the Tentacruel (Male)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Sea Incense)

Relaxed/Liquid Ooze

• Acid Spray
  • Hydro Pump
  • Hex
  • Sludge Wave

skuntank.gif

Hemera, the Skuntank (Female)

Shiny: No (Item: Metronome)

Hasty/Aftermath

• Night Slash
  • Flame Burst
  • Play Rough
  • Acid Spray

nidoking.gif

Colcheum, the Nidoking (Male)

Shiny: No (Item: None)

Brave/Sheer Force

• Double Kick
  • Earth Power
  • Poison Jab
  • Shadow Claw

venusaur.gif

Narcissus, the Venusaur (Male)

Shiny: No (Item: Rose Incense)

Hardy/Chlorophyll

• Petal Blizzard
  • Nature Power
  • Leech Seed
  • Sleep Powder

toxicroak.gif

Artemis, the Toxicroak (Female)

Shiny: No (Item: Poison Barb)

Adamant/Dry Skin

• Poison Jab
  • Taunt
  • Drain Punch
  • Sucker Punch

And straight into the coverage of the battles!

Spoiler

After Olympus Luna has fallen, we collect our 9th Badge, the Eclipse Badge, which raises the Level cap to Lv.70 and also the TM for Dark Pulse!

And now, it is time to enjoy darkness and take a nap go find Cain and enter Agate City! And meet Terra. Jesus Christ, I loathe her so much...

That's why I will do this in the next chapter of this poooiiisonous run!

Till then, enjoy everyone! ;):) 

12 minutes ago, FactoryofSadness said:

Yeah, any fighting type makes Luna a lot easier (even with Malamar if you can wear it down). Toxicroak is an underrated gen, and it's so nice to see it being used!

Yes, in my Bug monotype Heracross nearly swept Luna with Moxie! Till he decided to become suicidal by Prankster Sableye Confuse Ray, that is... :( 

Malamar with Contrary Superpower and Super Effective Psycho Cuts could've been an issue, that's why I chose to wear it down with Venusaur's Sleep Powder and Leech Seed combination. And it worked perfectly! :D 

Toxicroak is very useful indeed! I didn't like it before, but it's relatively high in my likings now!

Edited by Jess

47 minutes ago, Jess said:
47 minutes ago, rayyan said:

nicely done but one question. Why did you kill garbodor🤔.

I missclicked Toxic instead of Toxic Spikes :( 

I suck at this game

I was wondering the same thing. Now I know.

2 minutes ago, St0mpa said:

I was wondering the same thing. Now I know.

At least Aftermath still did some damage. So it made me feel less bad about it. Poison would've made stuff easier vs Malamar and Umbreon. Otherwise, no big difference.

36 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer said:

What is the reason you used Taunt on Toxicroak?

To prevent it from using non-attacking moves for a few turns (e.g. Moonlight, Confuse Ray). It could outstall me with Confusion hacks, so I had to be sure it would be a brute force 1v1 between it and Toxicroak.

34 minutes ago, Jess said:

To prevent it from using non-attacking moves for a few turns (e.g. Moonlight, Confuse Ray). It could outstall me with Confusion hacks, so I had to be sure it would be a brute force 1v1 between it and Toxicroak.

Ah, I see. Clever! Never thought of that myself :P 

A very good battle with Luna :). After the fail with Garbodor, you had used a nice tactics against Malamar; good job Jess, many cheers for you :D (every time i see someone beat Luna with not so much trouble, i feel like i'm a wimp because i took so long to beat her xD)

2 hours ago, HongaarseBeer said:

Ah, I see. Clever! Never thought of that myself :P 

Thanks! My Kricketune defeated Luna's Umbreon also with Taunt in my Bug Monotype! So, I did it the same way again!

1 hour ago, LykosHand said:

A very good battle with Luna :). After the fail with Garbodor, you had used a nice tactics against Malamar; good job Jess, many cheers for you :D (every time i see someone beat Luna with not so much trouble, i feel like i'm a wimp because i took so long to beat her xD)

Haha, thanks! Every time I replay it and see me trying to poison a Steel type, my eyes hurt xD

Thank God everything else worked perfectly, and was an easy win on first try! :D 

18 minutes ago, Jess said:

Haha, thanks! Every time I replay it and see me trying to poison a Steel type, my eyes hurt xD

Thank God everything else worked perfectly, and was an easy win on first try! :D 

You're welcome :D. Ahah well it can happen xD. Exactly i agree :), very well ;)

CHAPTER 13: I hate clowns.

So, Luna wished us farewell, and we went straight to Agate Gate, to meet up with Cain. Straight? Nope. Partly because Cain isn't straight, so it would be an insult to him to go there directly. Secondly, because I wanted to add a new member to the team! And here he is!

Spoiler

vileplume.gif

Prometheus, the Vileplume (Male)

Shiny: No (Item: Pixie Plate)

Modest/Chlorophyll

• Giga Drain
  • Moonblast
  • Toxic
  • Grassy Terrain

Name Origin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prometheus (Explanation: Prometheus stole the fire from Olympus and gifted it to people. In eternal punishment by Zeus, he is chained to a rock in the Caucasus, where his liver is eaten daily by an eagle, only to be regenerated by night, due to his immortality. Vileplume is inspired by Rafflesia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafflesia), a flower famous for its rotten flesh scent. Which reminded me of Prometheus' punishment. Long story short, my mind makes weird connections sometimes, I apologise for that!)

After that was taken care of, we approached Cain, kissed him hi and begged him to smash the gate open with Nidoking. Soon, we had a pleasant meeting with the sleepyheads, Aya and Hardy! As we got Drowzee drowsy ourselves, we had a much less pleasant surprise, meeting Terra. Now, I could rant and rave for a fortnight, but I won't. I'll just ignore her. So, Aya and Hardy get launched by an invisible force, and Cain and I advance to Agate Circus. Exploring time between clowns (creepy bastards, seen "IT"?), Ringmaster, strongman Samson and sellers. A LOT of them! But let the video speak on behalf of me!

Spoiler

In short, Aya got rescued, but someone has to find MIA Hardy. Guess who will do all the chores in this game. Including putting poor Crustles asleep and shoving them in holes to jump on them. I hope they just abandon their shell after that and find a new rock to carve as home, because otherwise it is a bit brutal. So, off to Celestinine Cascade and Fiore Mansion, to reclaim Hardy, meet again with Amaria and meet Titania for the first time (yes, I didn't bother exploring Aventurine Woods). We get news about Meteor siege of Calcenon and sealing of Labradorra and know that our friends are up there. We gotta help! By Surfing through water in mountains to get there!  Which means defeating Samson, then coming back to get TMX Surf from the girls at Fiore Mansion! Yayyyyy! Battle time!

VS SAMSON

Titania gave me the Fury Battle-Pass, so I just go back to the Circus, rejoin Hardy, Cain, Aya, Ciel and Samson (and a voice from an invisible woman RAWRing, I must have schizophrenia, I can't see her) and challenge Samson!

The team this pipsqueak chose to face Samson was the following:

Spoiler

crobat.gif

Nephele, the Crobat (Female)

Shiny: No (Item: Flying Gem)

Adamant/Infiltrator

• Acrobatics
  • Cross Poison
  • Bite
  • Confuse Ray

victreebel.gif

Dryad, the Victreebel (Female)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Miracle Seed)

Lonely/Gluttony

• Leaf Blade
  • Leaf Storm
  • Knock Off
  • Nature Power

vileplume.gif

Prometheus, the Vileplume (Male)

Shiny: No (Item: Pixie Plate)

Modest/Chlorophyll

• Giga Drain
  • Moonblast
  • Toxic
  • Grassy Terrain

skuntank.gif

Hemera, the Skuntank (Female)

Shiny: No (Item: Metronome)

Hasty/Aftermath

• Night Slash
  • Flame Burst
  • Play Rough
  • Acid Spray

venusaur.gif

Narcissus, the Venusaur (Male)

Shiny: No (Item: Rose Incense)

Hardy/Chlorophyll

• Petal Blizzard
  • Nature Power
  • Leech Seed
  • Sleep Powder

nidoqueen.gif

Hera, the Nidoqueen (Female)

Shiny: No (Item: None) (Don't ask me why, I should've given her Black Sludge or Metronome (probably the latter), but I forgot :()

Naughty/Sheer Force

• Superpower
  • Sludge Wave
  • Crunch
  • Earth Power

And without further ado (I love saying this phrase, for some reason), we hop straight into the battle coverage!

Spoiler

After getting our 10th Badge, the Fury Badge, the level cap gets no raise, but we can now use Surf outside of battle and gain the TM for Brick Break, which might come in handy! (or not, who knows!)

And of course, it wouldn't have been Pokemon Reborn without some drama! We go and collect TMX Surf from Titania (Jesus Christ, those girls are messy as hell, even heard of a vacuum pump before?). We don't read any diaries, but this doesn't matter, cause Amaria returns, reads it herself, all hell breaks loose (Titania pretty much just revealed to Amaria herself what happened by lecturing us about morals and threatening, because she is insecure as hell probably and has stuff to hide). Finally, Amaria jumps down the Celestinine Cascade and we need TMX Waterfall to help Titania reclaim her, because -guess- she threatens us! Oooooh, I'm scared... But oh, well, I'll do it... Only cause I like Amaria, not because I owe anything to red haired shady murder-to-be bitch.

In the next chapter of this poooiiisonous run, we go to Calcenon somehow, stuff happen and we develop mental traumas with Fire, similar to the ones Charlotte has.

Till then, enjoy everyone! ;):) 

Crobat is a beast with acrobatics. Flying gem is useless because, acrobatics does 110 damage when the user does not hold any item. In your battle it got consumed after turn 1. Even though Crobat was 5-7 levels lower, it OHKO almost entire Samson party.

8 minutes ago, PESH1 said:

Crobat is a beast with acrobatics. Flying gem is useless because, acrobatics does 110 damage when the user does not hold any item. In your battle it got consumed after turn 1. Even though Crobat was 5-7 levels lower, it OHKO almost entire Samson party.

Flying Gem boosts by 50% a damage of that type. Flying Gem gets consumed BEFORE Acrobatics is performed, so the move has 110 BP regardless of the Field. But still, this field (Big Top Arena) always boosts base power of Acrobatics to 110. Check the Field Effect notes.  

Flying Gem actually is a must combined with Acrobatics, the exact opposite of useless. It is used this way in all competitive battles.

Edit: @PESH1 Check this, it will explain to you what happens with Flying Gem and Acrobatics and why it is so good. https://pokemondb.net/pokebase/38977/can-i-use-flying-gem-with-acrobatics-for-2-power-boosts

Edited by Jess

2 minutes ago, Jess said:

Flying Gem boosts by 50% a damage of that type. Flying Gem gets consumed BEFORE Acrobatics is performed, so the move has 110 BP regardless of the Field. But still, this field always boosts base power of Acrobatics to 110. 

Flying Gem actually is a must cmbined with Acrobatics, the exact opposite of useless. It is used this way in all competitive battles.

Oh, I wasn't aware of this. Thanks for the info, I am not a regular competitive battler.  Bulbapedia tells the following -  If the user is holding a Flying Gem, the item is consumed before this move checks whether the Pokémon has an item or not; therefore, the power is still doubled. Basically the same thing which you told. 

Just now, PESH1 said:

Oh, I wasn't aware of this. Thanks for the info, I am not a regular competitive battler.  Bulbapedia tells the following -  If the user is holding a Flying Gem, the item is consumed before this move checks whether the Pokémon has an item or not; therefore, the power is still doubled. Basically the same thing which you told. 

Exactly. Plus, Big Top Arena always boosts Acrobatics power to 110. So, even with holding a Life Orb (e.g) you'd still hit with a 110 BP Flying type move, furtherly boosted by the Life Orb.

34 minutes ago, LykosHand said:

Well, Samson was beaten without any difficult, he has no hopes against Crobat :). Anyway, nice battle even if it was very short ;) 

Indeed. I'm sorry to disappoint :( 

It was such an uneventful fight. And I had a ton of mons with Nature Power or Fairy moves, so even with Crobat down, it would've been easy still, since Nature Power becomes Acrobatics in Big Top Arena. 

Next chapter is vs Charlotte and will reward you with one hell of a battle! (and many failures)

3 minutes ago, Jess said:

Indeed. I'm sorry to disappoint :( 

It was such an uneventful fight. And I had a ton of mons with Nature Power or Fairy moves, so even with Crobat down, it would've been easy still, since Nature Power becomes Acrobatics in Big Top Arena. 

Next chapter is vs Charlotte and will reward you with one hell of a battle! (and many failures)

Nah, you don't have to apologize :). There will always be at least one gym leader where it will be easy to beat in every run ;). Ah i see, very well i'm looking forward to it :D 

Yes,crobat rules in that arena.When I fought against Samson and Ciel ,I let my crobat hold metronome and one shot everything with acrobatics.It was the easiest gym battle I ever had.Sadly,crobat can no longer learn acrobatics by level up in gen 7.

2 hours ago, Yagami said:

Yes,crobat rules in that arena.When I fought against Samson and Ciel ,I let my crobat hold metronome and one shot everything with acrobatics.It was the easiest gym battle I ever had.Sadly,crobat can no longer learn acrobatics by level up in gen 7.

WHAT?! REALLY?! They removed aCROBATics from CROBAT's moveset by level-up? Good job Game Freak, because Wing Attack is very strong to have into late game... Meh... I guess they should make up for buffing Leech Life THAT much, but really, it's a bit ridiculous.

1 hour ago, HongaarseBeer said:

How did you manage to outspeed Lucario with Nidoqueen?

252 Speed EVs and 31 Speed IV my Nidoqueen has. I reckon Samson's Lucario doesn't have full Speed EVs. Honestly, I was surprised too about that, but my Nidoqueen is PROPERLY fast!