Poison Monotype run of Reborn (Latest Defeated Leader: Amaria)

Jess

Just now, Jess said:

It isn't really hard for any mono-run. Every type has either Destiny Bond, Perish Song or Counter, all of which grant you an easy win vs that.

Really you get all of those by that point in the game for every type? I didn't know that. (not all of those moves for all types I mean 1 of the moves per type)

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, St0mpa said:

Really you get all of those by that point in the game for every type? I didn't know that. (not all of those moves for all types I mean 1 of the moves per type)

You don't necessarily have access at the time, that's true. I couldn't use Counter in my Steel run since I couldn't yet catch Heracross to breed it on to Forretress. But generally speaking I think it should still be possible to devise a winning strategy no matter the type (unless you do like...dragon or something maybe?)

2 hours ago, HongaarseBeer said:

It depends on whether you won against Solaris on Pyrous Mountain or not

Seriously? Hmm... I can't remember the last time I killed him if it was Florinia or Julia I fought with. Anyway, I'm going to try it out the next time. Thank you very much ~

23 minutes ago, Jess said:

It isn't really hard for any mono-run. Every type has either Destiny Bond, Perish Song or Counter, all of which grant you an easy win vs that.

I can't stand those moves :D well, I don't really know about Counter, I never used it.

1 hour ago, St0mpa said:

Well... For most types, you do, for others, not so sure.

I'll elaborate for Gen VI data (only with 'mons you can access at that time and for breeding that is possible (through parent-mons that are accessible too) till that time):

Normal: 

• Counter: Slaking (level up), Raticate (breed with Slaking), Chansey (breed with Breloom), Teddiursa (breed with Slaking), Zangoose (breed with Slaking)
  • Destiny Bond: None
  • Perish Song: Igglybuff (soft reset event till you get one with Perish Song)

Fire:

• Counter: Charmander (chain breed with Slaking and Nidoran-M), Houndour (breed with Slaking), Torchik (breed with Slaking), Chimchar (breed with Sawk/Slaking)
  • Perish Song: None

Fighting:

• Counter: (take your pick xD) Breloom (level-up), Medicham (level-up), Sawk (level-up), Makuhita (breed with Sawk), Mankey (breed with Slaking), Croagunk (breed with Sawk)

Water:

• Counter: Wooper (breed with Slaking), Mudkip (chain breed with Slaking and Nidoran-M, or others, see Bulbapedia), Lotad (breed with Breloom)
  • Perish Song: Seel (Mystery egg Seel knows Perish Song), Marill (maybe Mystery Egg Marill too, not sure)

Flying:

• Counter: None
  • Destiny Bond: Vespiquen (by level-up), Drifloon (breed with Weezing)
  • Perish Song: Murkrow (event Murkrow knows it I think)

Grass:

• Counter: Breloom (level-up), Paras (breed with Breloom), Chikorita (breed with Breloom), Lotad (breed with Breloom), Cacnea (breed with Breloom/Sawk)
  • Destiny Bond: Cacnea (level-up), Phantump (level-up), Pumpkaboo (breed with Yamask/Phantump)

Poison:

• Counter: Nidoran-M/F (breed with Slaking), Croagunk (breed with Sawk)
  • Destiny Bond: Weezing (level-up), Gulpin (breed with Weezing/Yamask)

Electric:

(Why I dislike this type xD)

Ground:

• Counter: Nidoking/Nidoqueen (breed with Slaking), Sandshrew (breed with Slaking), Rhyhorn (breed with Slaking), Wooper (breed with Slaking), Phanpy (breed with Slaking)

Psychic:

• Counter: Medicham (level-up)
  • Perish Song: Jynx (level-up)

Rock:

• Counter: Sudowoodo (level-up), Rhyhorn (breed with Slaking)

Ice:

• Perish Song: Jynx (level-up), Dewgong (Mystery egg Seel has it)

Bug:

• Counter: Paras (breed with Breloom)
  • Destiny Bond: Vespiquen (level-up)
  • Perish Song: Kricketune (level-up)

Dragon:

• Counter: Axew (chain breed with Slaking and Nidoran-M (or others, see Bulbapedia))

Ghost:

• Destiny Bond: Yamask (level-up), Phantump (level-up), Pumpkaboo (breed with Yamask/Phantump), Drifloon (breed with Weezing), Duskull (breed with Weezing/Yamask/Pumpkaboo), Shuppet (breed with Weezing/Yamask/Pumpkaboo)

Dark:

• Counter: Houndour (breed with Slaking), Zorua (breed with Slaking)
  • Destiny Bond: Cacturne (level-up)
  • Perish Song: Murkrow (event Murkrow knows it I think)

Steel:

(Bad luck @EndearingCharacterTrait :()

Fairy:

• Perish Song: Igglybuff (soft reset event till you get one with Perish Song), Marill (maybe Mystery Egg Marill too, not sure)

Hope this helps you too @RhythmMelody! :D 

Sorry for the huge delay in my answer, lots of searching happened. :( 

Edited by Jess

8 minutes ago, Jess said:

Hope this helps you too @RhythmMelody! :D 

Sorry for the huge delay in my answer, lots of searching happened. :( 

Did the searching myself already :D not for every type, but for the ones I'm interested in. Most helpful thing though is the Counter-strategy itself. Never thought of using Counter in that way.

btw you're freak Jess to do all that searching, I like that ;) 

EDIT: The event Pokemon (like the Murkrow for example) can have (almost) any of their egg moves. In my flyingmono I got Murkrow with Roost for example.

Edited by RhythmMelody

3 minutes ago, RhythmMelody said:

Did the searching myself already :D not for every type, but for the ones I'm interested in. Most helpful thing though is the Counter-strategy itself. Never thought of using Counter in that way.

btw you're freak Jess to do all that searching, I like that ;) 

EDIT: The event Pokemon (like the Murkrow for example) can have (almost) any of their egg moves. In my flyingmono I got Murkrow with Roost for example.

LOL, I'm glad I didn't help then :P 

I hope freak is in a good way...

Also, yes, I think that all event pokemon might have any of their egg moves, or at least the best/most helpful ones. If I saw a Leer/Growl as an Egg move in an event pokemon, I'd be slightly upset.

Just now, Jess said:

LOL, I'm glad I didn't help then :P 

I hope freak is in a good way...

Also, yes, I think that all event pokemon might have any of their egg moves, or at least the best/most helpful ones. If I saw a Leer/Growl as an Egg move in an event pokemon, I'd be slightly upset.

I'm glad too you didn't :P 

As long as you're not a freak in a psycho clown kind of way then yes, its good :D normal is boring ~

4 minutes ago, St0mpa said:

it is one of the egg moves it can have

Good :)

Also, I proved my point. Solaris' Garchomp is easy for 16/18 monotypes! Well, Steel and Electric types, good luck with that!

But honestly, it is possible to find a strategy that works. In my Poison mono, I didn't use any of the Counter/Destiny Bond/Perish Song moves, and still won in like 20 mins of trying.

As always, you continue to astound me with your strategies. I couldn't really get the time to come on the forums much, so I see you've updated quite a bit in my absence!

Great job on Ciel! 

I guess Adrienne will be a cinch. :D

Although, be wary of Gardevoir

CHAPTER 17: In the end...

Ok, the last chapter ended with me defeating Ciel. Now I believe I can Fly! Oh, yes, I can! Well, not me, Crobat can! So, I fly to the Reborn Reborn City (Reborn raised to the second value?) and gather DJ Arclight, Adrienn and Victoria (oh, hello!) for Ame. And then, we storm into Devon Corp., which is (oh, what a surprise!) a base of Team Meteor! And, weirdly enough, it was an anonymous phonecall to Arc which revealed it to us.

IT'S A TRAP!~

Oh, well, let's go get ourselves kicked... Ame the Champion will assist too!

Spoiler

After losing our senses, we wake up in the same dogfighting arena dodgy place, where Lin reveals that we got bamboozled and makes us battle with each other. Winner advances, loser gets punished. Typical Saw stuff. Lin the Jigsaw presenting.

VS VICTORIA

Spoiler

With the vengeful (and much more likeable) Victoria defeated and presently getting electrocuted, I advance forward and eventually I face DJ Arclight the Sound/Electic trainer! If only Sound was a real type in Pokemon games, huh? Anyways, this was much, MUCH harder than the battle vs Victoria and I had to try it a few times to get my strategy working in favour of me, instead of derping by choosing the Not Very Effective move or healing Raichu with Grassy Terrain like an idiot.

VS DJ ARCLIGHT

Spoiler

After this enormous tiny obstacle was out of my way, I kept advancing and inevitably came to witness the gruesome murder of the Champion of Reborn Region, Ame, by the hands heads of Lin's Hydreigon. By the way, if Ame used Moonblast and the thing didn't die, then either Hydreigon is like 30 levels higher than Alolan Ninetales, in which case Ame wasn't really suitable for the "Champion" role, or it was EV trained fully on HP and Sp.Defence, in which case I doubt that Lin will be troublesome to defeat.

Silver linings, everyone! I keep moving into this hellish maze and solving these awful puzzles and find myself facing ZEL, who has trouble with the PULSE Magnezone's corrupt code. I try to give them some tips, on how I installed an Antivirus after getting rid of Terra, but Zero won't believe me, and wants to fight. Not like I have a chance to avoid this fight, do I... *Sigh.... And I really don't wanna harm ZEL after reading their backstory with Shelly in Lumi's diary at Ametrine's mysterious house... :( 

VS ZE(PULSE Magnezone)

Spoiler

Soon, ZEL is defeated as well (twice, because I dislike winning due to Glaceon missing EVERY SINGLE Blizzard and I had t get myself a legit victory) PULSE Magnezone explodes, and it seems like Lumi and Eve's personalities have been expelled by Zero's body, who realises that he hates his loneliness... His torture was also his salvation all this time, and, terrified by his new reality, he flees to Agate, another Team Meteor stronghold.

I advance and rescue Adrienn, Victoria and the pirate (now) one-eyed DJ Arclight, and we all escape the building, facing the terrible aftermath of our (utterly failed) raid and the horrible loss of Ame. Victoria will try to fill in for Ame's position as Reborn League's manager, I will try to become the new champion and defeat Lin and Adrienn requests that I have a Gym Battle against him, to keep collecting my precious badges.

So, after running around, finding volunteers for Adrienn to assist in the City's ongoing restoration, I visit Adrienn at the Coral Ward Gym and challenge xem.

VS ADRIENN

The team I selected to face Adrienn was the following:

Spoiler

arbok.gif

Cerastes, the Arbok (Female)

Shiny: No (Item: Poison Barb)

Docile/Intimidate

• Sucker Punch
  • Gunk Shot
  • Ice Fang
  • Coil

tentacruel.gif

Charybdis, the Tentacruel (Male)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Black Sludge)

Relaxed/Liquid Ooze

• Acid Spray
  • Surf
  • Icy Wind
  • Sludge Wave

nidoqueen.gif

Hera, the Nidoqueen (Female)

Shiny: No (Item: Black Sludge)

Naughty/Sheer Force

• Superpower
  • Flamethrower
  • Crunch
  • Earth Power

toxicroak.gif

Artemis, the Toxicroak (Female)

Shiny: No (Item: Poison Barb)

Adamant/Dry Skin

• Poison Jab
  • Taunt
  • Drain Punch
  • Sucker Punch

victreebel.gif

Dryad, the Victreebel (Female)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Rose Incense)

Lonely/Gluttony

• Leaf Blade
  • Leaf Storm
  • Knock Off
  • Nature Power

crobat.gif

Nephele, the Crobat (Female)

Shiny: No (Item: Flying Gem)

Adamant/Infiltrator

• Acrobatics
  • Cross Poison
  • Bite
  • Fly

And, without further ado (the last time I say it in this run :(- for the current release of the game so far) we hop straight into the battle coverage!

Spoiler

Huge type advantage and a relatively easy win on my first try, granting us the 14th Badge (Amaranth as it is called), the TM for Dazzling Gleam (highly useless for my Poison types, apart from a few exceptions maybe) and also raising the Level Cap at Lv.85!

However, this win concludes my poooiiisonous run! I hope all of you enjoyed it!

Thank you for following and leaving your comments, feel free to give any comments you'd like, and (of course) we will continue this run when Episode 17 of Pokemon Reborn is released! I am not asking when, because it will add a week, or (more likely) an eternity to the waiting by the sadistic Ame.

Till then, enjoy everyone! ;):)

Edited by Jess

2 hours ago, RedAlert said:

As always, you continue to astound me with your strategies. I couldn't really get the time to come on the forums much, so I see you've updated quite a bit in my absence!

Great job on Ciel! 

I guess Adrienne will be a cinch. :D

Although, be wary of Gardevoir

Oh thanks! :) 

And welcome back in the forums! ;) 

I missed your post because I was preparing my Adrienn chapter :D 

And yes, Gardevoir was the only problem in Adrienn's team... You'll notice why when you watch the video xD

A battle at the last pokemon was just what it needed to end this beautiful run in beauty :D. In general, you've been very good in all the battles you've made :). It was a pleasure to follow this run every day and i can't wait to see another run on Rejuvenation. A lot of cheers only for you Jess :D 

15 hours ago, St0mpa said:

Huge congrats of finishing it.

Thank you :) 

7 hours ago, Yagami said:

Very enjoyable run.Good job,Jess.

Thanks a lot! Glad you enjoyed the run! ;) 

7 hours ago, RhythmMelody said:

No better way to formulate this :) 

5 hours ago, LykosHand said:

A battle at the last pokemon was just what it needed to end this beautiful run in beauty :D. In general, you've been very good in all the battles you've made :). It was a pleasure to follow this run every day and i can't wait to see another run on Rejuvenation. A lot of cheers only for you Jess :D 

Indeed, it was a smooth run, and only Charlotte and a few rival battles made it a bit harder! Thanks for following from the very first chapter till the end Lykos :D 

4 hours ago, HongaarseBeer said:

And thus, it ends :(  Too bad there are only 14 gyms so far :P 

It only ended temporarily... I hope E17 is out soon, so that I can update my two monoruns! I loved doing this run and hope you enjoyed it as well, Hongaar! ;) 

1 hour ago, Jess said:

Indeed, it was a smooth run, and only Charlotte and a few rival battles made it a bit harder! Thanks for following from the very first chapter till the end Lykos :D 

Yeah exactly, but you've always been good at overcoming these obstacles :). Thanks you too for having done this wonderful run Jess :D 

I enjoyed watching your battles, the movepools of your mons were kind of unconventional but really effective. I have never seen someone spam acid spray as much as you have done. They were really effective in double battles. Arbok with Glare and coil helped in many set ups against boss battles. Your Nido royals as you call them almost OHKO anything with their STAB moves, it made some hard battles look really easy :-)

21 hours ago, PESH1 said:

I enjoyed watching your battles, the movepools of your mons were kind of unconventional but really effective. I have never seen someone spam acid spray as much as you have done. They were really effective in double battles. Arbok with Glare and coil helped in many set ups against boss battles. Your Nido royals as you call them almost OHKO anything with their STAB moves, it made some hard battles look really easy :-)

Thank you :) 

I'm glad you enjoyed the run. Also, yes, I enjoy doing thing not the ordinary way and giving challenges to myself!

I will take a few days of rest and prepare some stuff for my next run, which will be a Rejuvenation one :) 

3 hours ago, Neco said:

Finally finished reading through your posts and watching your videos. As always, a great run. Keep it up!

Thank you :D 

I will try something different in my next run, which is gonna be much more time consuming (for me) and much more amusing I hope (for everyone) :)