Bug Monotype run of Reborn (Latest Defeated Leader: Amaria)

Jess

2 minutes ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

Geez, I already feel overloaded with my 12 Ground Types and you're running twice the number. ;P

Also gonna second the suggestion to screenshot the coming battles. It's just nicer to actually see the combatants, especially the various Shinys you have.

Goal was 26 actually, my Illumise and Parasect fell a bit behind in levels... Will probably do that too!

3 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

That would be great. :) 

Good, it's official then. I will do that :) 

UPDATE:

So, in other news... For the impatient people... :P 

Devon Corp Arc has been completed. And 4 videos with duration of 15-30 mins are recorded.

But, being typical airhead me (and just a tad dizzy after stepping on direction/electrifying tiles in this puzzle) I FORGOT TO GET SCREENSHOTS. Please don't kill me @Satoshi @Gentleman Jaggi

I've been trying to upload the videos on youtube, but upload gets stuck after a while. I will manage to do this eventually, and I will attach the links of the videos in the post where I cover the battles as usual!

PS: Only good thing was that I stormed through the battles vs Victoria, DJ Arclight and ZEL on my first try. And this puzzle never really troubled me, so in roughly 2 hours all of Devon arc was cleared ;) 

14 minutes ago, Jess said:

UPDATE:

So, in other news... For the impatient people... :P 

Devon Corp Arc has been completed. And 4 videos with duration of 15-30 mins are recorded.

But, being typical airhead me (and just a tad dizzy after stepping on direction/electrifying tiles in this puzzle) I FORGOT TO GET SCREENSHOTS. Please don't kill me @Satoshi @Gentleman Jaggi

I've been trying to upload the videos on youtube, but upload gets stuck after a while. I will manage to do this eventually, and I will attach the links of the videos in the post where I cover the battles as usual!

PS: Only good thing was that I stormed through the battles vs Victoria, DJ Arclight and ZEL on my first try. And this puzzle never really troubled me, so in roughly 2 hours all of Devon arc was cleared ;) 

Great!...and yes, impatient for those videos though :P 

CHAPTER 32: Claustrophobia

Yes! I know I sound excited, but I can't NOT be! I've flown back to Reborn City, which looks fantastic. Adrienn has done a great job and we even receive praise for our efforts by random trainers we defeated when we were still young and weak. And it looks like we are a celebrity in Onyx Trainers School. I can live with that, but it's not like me to lose myself in vainglory.

Anyways, we decide to go to Grand Hall, where we meet Ame! She greets us, initially, but asks us to give her a second, in order to inform the officials that Bennett will replace Laura as an Elite 4 member because she resigned. Wait, whaaaaaa? And why was she crying up at Calcenon about her being sacked by her role as an Elite 4 member? Oh, yes, I get it... El. This motherf****r. I wish my character would speak sometimes, cause I'm literally screaming on my seat "SAY A BLOODY THING! YOU CAN REVEAL THE PLOT IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE!" but nah... He stays there like a mute. Idiot.

Oh well, we talk to Ame, who instructs us to gather Victoria, Adrienn and DJ Arclight at the Grand Hall to take care of a Meteor-related affair as a group. We find Victoria at Beryl cemetery, mourning over Kiki's grave. She says she is glad we are back and that she has become stronger now. We certainly are glad to see this is true! Victoria is determined and has a newly-lit spark in her eyes. She wants revenge.

Then, we find Adrienn in front of his Gym at Coral Ward, still organising the restoration works. And finally, DJ Arclight in front of his club. He has played a crucial role in the city's renovation as well!

We all meet at Grand Hall (well, apart from DJ Arclight), and prepare to raid Devn Corp., which is just a cover for a Team Meteor base, as an unknown informer said in a phonecall. Thing smells fishy, but we can't not offer our assistance. So, we go to the Underground Railnet and join Victoria and DJ Arclight in invading from the backside, as Adrienn and Ame (the Champion of Reborn) take the front side!

As soon as we meet our partners, an Absol appears. Uh oh... But, we keep going. After a few easy battles, we realize we can't communicate with Ame and Adrienn. So, we search the front room of Devon, and find the Radio Trasmitter DJ Arclight gave Ame... Bad omes, as they'd not drop something THAT important, if everything went well... With the assistance of Victoria and Arc, who switches the electrifying tile patterns when we ask him to via the radio transmitter, we advance forward, till we get trapped in a room with Victoria, with its walls converging towards us. Emboar saves us from getting crushed, and we advance, forced to leave Victoria behind. A couple more fights and we have no way but to step on an electrified tile, as Arc gets captured too, as we can make up from his last radio message... We lose consciousness... And when we wake up...

First Part!

Spoiler

We're in a different place. Call it hell. Or a dogfight arena. We are forced to face Victoria, both caged. Trapped by Lin, who uses us as her playthings. In a sadistic game, where friends battle, one advances, one gets punished for being weak. In an effort to prove that bonds and virtues mean nothing, only power rules. At least Victoria is determined. I respect her for not backing up. She wants revenge. But I want mine too. Mostly because the image of so many deaths has marked my soul for good. Corey, Kiki, Eclipse. I will get my revenge. I will someday be strong enough to defeat Lin and show her that true power is acquired only by friendship and virtues. When you fight to save the ones you love, it's only when that the true power is acquired. Power for power means nothing.

So... Bring it on Victoria! You started off as one of my most disliked characters, and now you're one of my favourites. Things do change after all!

VS VICTORIA

(Anyone who is unwilling to read the fight description can just hop right into the second part video!)

My team was: 

Spoiler

masquerain.gif

Kindness, the Masquerain (Male)

Naive/Intimidate (Item: Sea Incense)

Hydro Pump

Bug Buzz

Air Slash

Quiver Dance

galvantula.gif

Gaia, the Galvantula (Female)

Modest/Unnerve (Item: None)

Sticky Web

Discharge

Bug Buzz

Hidden Power Ground

volcarona.gif

Passion, the Volcarona (Male)

Timid/Flame Body (Item: Wide Lens)

Heat Wave

Bug Buzz

Hurricane

Quiver Dance

venomoth.gif

Generosity, the Venomoth (Male)

Hardy/Shield Dust (Item: None)

Giga Drain

Bug Buzz

Quiver Dance

Psychic

vivillon-meadow.gif

Fiery Wings, the Vivillon (Male)

Naive/Compound Eyes (Item: Sharp Beak)

Bug Buzz

Hurricane

Draining Kiss

Quiver Dance

armaldo.gif

Courage, the Armaldo (Male)

Jolly/Swift Swim (Item: Rock Incense)

Knock Off

X-Scissor

Aqua Jet

Rock Blast

So, Vicky sends in Mienshao and I send in Kindness. Intimidate debuffs Mienshao's Attack and I assume I will survive one hit and set up with Quiver Dance. NOPE! Mienshao outspeeds, uses Knock Off and gets a critical, OHKO'ing Kindness.

Never mind, we've got it! I send in Fiery Wings, and go for Quiver Dance, based on the same assumption. I will tank one hit, thanks to Intimidate. Mienshao outspeeds and uses Knock Off, Fiery Wings survives and sets up with Quiver Dance. In the next turn, I go for Hurricane, hoping that it won't miss. Thank God my Vivillon has Compound Eyes, so accuracy is 91% for Hurricane. Quiver Dance helps Fiery Wings outspeed Mienshao and I'm cheering... NOPE! Hurricane misses and Mienshao KO'es my Vivillon with another Knock Off. Yes, good thing I Intimidated it, to miss everything.

I send in Generosity. Mienshao U-Turns into Scrafty and my Venomoth Quiver Dances for free. A critical Bug Buzz brings Scrafty to yellow, but its Sitrus Berry gets it back into green HP. It then Crunches Generosity, getting him in red HP. In the next turn, another Bug Buzz gets Scrafty in red HP, but then another Crunch KO'es my Venomoth. Yes, three for zero in favour of Vicky... Get a grip on yourself guys (and girl, aka Gaia)! She's wrecking us!

I send in Gaia, my Galvantula. It easily outspeeds Scrafty, Bug Buzzes and finishes it off.

Then Victoria sends back in her Mienshao, who gets outsped and annihilated by a Field-boosted Discharge.

Victoria then sends in her Gallade. Gallade gets outsped by Gaia and gets down to just above half HP by a Bug Buzz. A Zen Headbutt then brings Gaia down to red, but a field-boosted Discharge in the next turn is enough to finish off Gallade.

Then, Victoria's Togekiss is outsped and destroyed by -yet another- field-boosted Discharge.

CARRY US GIRL! I scream at Gaia, who keeps going! Gaia outspeeds Lucario and Discharges it, taking it down to something like 1 HP. But sadly, Gaia goes down to an Aura Sphere.

Courage, my Armaldo then Aqua Jets and takes Lucario out as well.

Only Emboar left! Armaldo outspeeds it and Rock Blasts, hitting (only) two times. Then, a Flare Blitz destroys Courage, but gets Emboar down to yellow HP.

Passion has to finish up. I pick Hurricane, knowing that Bug Buzz or Heat Wave won't kill Emboar. My luck changes and now Hurricane connects, KO'ing Emboar!

VICTORY AGAINST VICTORIA!

Second Part!

Spoiler

Our poor friend withstands an awful Dr.Sigmund-treatment for the sake of us and Kiki and encourages us to move forward, assuring us that she will be OK... How not to love her now? I really admire her and go deeper... Into our trap, the one we so willingly and naively walked right into...

Soon after, (easy puzzle here), we face DJ Arclight in an identical arena... Adrienn refused to fight him and give in to Lin's provocations, so Arc advanced... We answer that we will fight him, for the sake of our friends who are getting tortured...

He seems quite chuffed, so...

VS DJ ARCLIGHT

(Anyone who is unwilling to read the fight description can just hop right into the third part video!)

My team now was:

Spoiler

forretress.gif

Valor, the Forretress (Male)

Careful/Sturdy (Item: Iron Ball)

Toxic Spikes

Gyro Ball

Payback

Spikes

galvantula.gif

Gaia, the Galvantula (Female)

Modest/Unnerve (Item: None)

Sticky Web

Discharge

Bug Buzz

Hidden Power Ground

volcarona.gif

Passion, the Volcarona (Male)

Timid/Flame Body (Item: Wide Lens)

Heat Wave

Bug Buzz

Hurricane

Quiver Dance

ninjask.gif

Sakura, the Ninjask (Female)

Hardy/Infiltrator (Item: Ground Gem)

Dig

Metal Claw

X-Scissor

Swords Dance

escavalier.gif

Arwen, the Escavalier (Female)

Hasty/Swarm (Item: Metal Coat)

Double-Edge

X-Scrissor

Iron Head

Swords Dance

durant.gif

Humbleness, the Durant (Male)

Jolly/Swarm (Item: Ground Gem)

Iron Head

Crunch

X-Scissor

Dig

Arc sends in Luxray and I send in Valor. Luxray Intimidates Valor, so there is absolutely zero point in attacking it. Instead, tanking Superpowers and Crunches like a champ, while setting 3 layers of Spikes and 1 of Toxic Spikes. Then, Valor goes down to another Superpower. Oh well, good job Valor!

I send in Arwen, my Escavalier (@RedAlert, as promised ;)). Maybe I'll get a semi-sweep, Luxray has 3 Superpower debuffs, so I go for Swords Dance. A Crunch does nothing to Arwen and Swords Dance is set. In the next turn an X-Scissor destroys Luxray, but it had the luck to crit my Escavalier with a Crunch before, getting her quite low... RIP semi-sweep.

Arc sends in Noivern and I send Humbleness. Durant outspeeds the beast and Iron Heads it to half HP, but no flinch... And then, worst of all, Noivern Heat Waves Humbleness to oblivion.

So, Passion the Volcarona must deal with it! Passion outspeeds and Hurricane connects to get Noivern in red HP. Passion then tanks a Boomburst with half HP. In the next couple turns Arc heals up and Passion Heat Waves twice, but fails to burn. I know another Heat Wave won't kill, so I try my luck, Hurricane connects and sends Noivern packing.

Exploud comes then in. If there was Sound Type of Pokemon, Arc would've been the Gym Leader! I try my luck again, and go for Quiver Dance, then Passion tanks a Boomburst with 10 HP!

My Volcarona then proceeds to annihilate Exploud, Jolteon and Raichu with 3 consecutive Heat Waves.

Finally, Ampharos comes in, who (like everyone except Noivern) suffers heavy Spike damage (25% of max HP) and gets Poisoned by Toxic Spikes. I derp and Heat Wave instead of Bug Buzzing, forgetting it gains Dragon typing when it Mega-evolves... It still gets Amphy down to yellow HP though, but a Discharge finishes off Passion.

Then, I send in Sakura, my Ninjask. Sakura outspeeds and Digs, gaining one more turn of Poison damage to tick in, hurting Ampharos' HP bar. Then, a Ground Gem boosted Dig gives no choice to Ampharos, knocking it out!

Second Victory! 

Third Part!

Spoiler

Arc vanishes in a hole that opens behind him. It is his punishment, like how Vicky got electrocuted and Adrienn had the floor turn searing hot under his feet... And we probably haven't seen everything yet... We have to keep going...

But this will happen in the next chapter!

Till then, enjoy everyone! ;):) 

Edited by Jess
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Wow!! Enjoyed those videos... thumbs up!! :D 

And it was great to see how you crushed them all ;) 

I'm glad you did! And yep, I loved the suspense in those fights too! Especially the comeback vs Victoria seemed impossible, but I was recording it anyways, so I thought "Let's not stop trying!"

37 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer said:

This was awesome, honestly. I enjoyed it a lot. I wouldn't mind if you did an entire run with recordings...

Thanks a lot! :) I will probably do one, you know I have a Poison Monorun ready to begin? 

38 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer said:

Just a question, why was Linoone there?

28 minutes ago, Awesome_One said:

I'm pretty sure you need strength for that part.

Yes, sadly you need Strength, regardless of which way you try to go to the Underground Railnet... And I didn't want to mess up Valiant's (my Kricketune's) moveset, cause I'd need to go fish for Heart Scales to undo the change... So, TMX assisting Linoone it is!

(It also has Covet, Headbutt and Surf... LOL)

I just saw the rotation box in the video and I can surely say no gym leader is stopping you.I really enjoyed the video.When reborn adds gen 7,what bug type pokemon will you add?Also the fight with Victoria was really close.

Edited by Yagami

8 minutes ago, Yagami said:

I just saw the rotation box in the video and I can surely say no gym leader is stopping you.I really enjoyed the video.When reborn adds gen 7,what bug type pokemon will you add?Also the fight with Victoria was really close.

Adrienn didn't stop me either... Just won xem on first try ;) 

I would've added Ribombee and Araquanid yesterday if I had the chance to do so! Vikavolt and Golisopod look great too, but I'm not as hyped about them as I am for the two first. Especially because they introduce new Bug type combos that didn't exist beforehand (Fairy and Water, I don't count Surskit xD) and they are cute as hell and badass as hell respectively!

7 minutes ago, Tacuara said:

Didn't plan on reading the descriptions, but then i saw the mienshaos double lucky kill and just had to see the comments xD. Still, with that Volcarona theres nothing to fear, nice battles

Yes, Volcarona is pretty OP... Why I've tried not to use it too much! As you've probably seen throughout my run, I rotate a lot, trying for each of my team members to have his/hers fair share of glory!

Spoiler

Tiny spoiler: Passion, my Volcarona wasn't used vs ZEL... Would've been too easy to just Heat Wave the PULSE Magnezone to oblivion, so wanted to make it trickier... Stay tuned! :D 

Mienshao got really lucky, yes... Crit, then Compound Eyes Hurricane missed... :( At least Gaia was an absolute star!

Edited by Jess

CHAPTER 33: Another one bites the dust... Guilt and desperation

We keep heading deeper into this infernal mouse trap... Unaware of whether our friends are safe, or even alive... But after making it again over a tile puzzle, we enter another room... Only to find ourselves caged outside, and Ame fighting Lin... Her Alolan Ninetales goes down to a Flash Cannon by Lin's Hydreigon... Then, the horror. Hydreigon decapitates Ame in front of our teary eyes. Lin examines Ame's dead body and steals her Pokemon... Then looks at us, with a devilish look in her eyes. Corey, Kiki, Eclipse, Ame... How many more... I'm still unable to save anyone. I'm still powerless. She leaves and then the bars drop, allowing us to move forward. I leave Fiery Wings and Braveheart to use String Shot and create a white, glistening blanket to cover Ame's lifeless body... Then, I move on...

Another puzzle stalls me enough for Lin to escape. And after clearing it, we find ZEL in front of PULSE Magnezone. Eve tries to repair its software, because it has gotten corrupted. Zero and Eve argue, Lumi tries to calm them down, as they notice us... Now we know how Magneton's evolution while it was connected on PULSE machine was responsible for their souls merging into Zero's body. I know how Eve and Lumi aren't responsible... And I know how Zero tries to cover his loneliness by acting tough... They are only victims of circumstances, like Eclipse. And Aster. And Corey. And I don't want them harmed. I try to explain that detroying everything isn't my intention. But Zero won't listen. He attacks me with full force...

So I have to defend myself... Since he is blinded by hate... By his own pain...

VS ZEL

(Anyone who is unwilling to read the fight description can just hop right into the video!)

My team was:

Spoiler

forretress.gif

Valor, the Forretress (Male)

Careful/Sturdy (Item: Iron Ball)

Toxic Spikes

Gyro Ball

Payback

Spikes

vivillon-meadow.gif

Fiery Wings, the Vivillon (Male)

Naive/Compound Eyes (Item: Sharp Beak)

Bug Buzz

Hurricane

Draining Kiss

Quiver Dance

vespiquen.gif

Camaraderie, the Vespiquen (Female)

Hardy/Pressure (Item: Leftovers)

Infestation

Toxic

Heal Order

Defend Order

heracross.gif

Sir Galahad, the Heracross (Male)

Jolly/Moxie (Item: Black Belt)

Bullet Seed

Close Combat

Megahorn

Rock Blast

shedinja.gif

Willpower, the Shedinja

Hardy/Wonder Guard (Item: Focus Band)

Heal Block

Confuse Ray

Shadow Sneak

Phantom Force

durant.gif

Humbleness, the Durant (Male)

Jolly/Swarm (Item: Metal Coat)

Iron Head

Crunch

X-Scissor

Dig

ZEL sends in Aurorus, whose Snow Warning makes it to hail. I send in Valor. Aurorus Ice Beams and I set in a layer of Spikes. The same happens in next round. Aurorus the Flash Cannons Valor into red and Valor's Gyro Ball makes Aurorus use its Focus Sash to survive. In the next turn, ZEL heals Aurorus and another Gyro Ball takes it out, but Valor falls to Hail damage.

Then ZEL sends in Alakazam and I send in Humbleness, who tanks a Charge Beam, getting in yellow and then OHKO'es Alakazam with X-Scissor.

Glaceon is sent in. I keep my Durant in, and Iron Head Glaceon into critical HP, but then Humbleness falls after a Blizzard.

I send in Sir Galahad and try to play safe and finish Glaceon with Bullet Seed, but ZEL heals it up. It's no problem though, because in the next turn Heracross outspeeds it and KO'es it with Close Combat. _1 Defences, +1 Attack.

ZEL sends in Espeon and I try to Megahorn it, but Heracross gets outsped and absolutely destroyed by Psyshock.

I send in Fiery Wings and try to setup with Quiver Dance, knowing I won't outspeed it. I sadly watch my Vivillon get OHKO'ed by Psyshock as well.

I decided that Willpower could do it. I tried to confuse Espeon, but its Magic Bounce got my Shedinja confused... Of course, keeping a confused Shedinja in fight is a no-no, one hit and there go my (already slim) winning chances.

So, I withdrew Willpower and sent in Camaraderie, my second (and shiny!) Vespiquen! I found her outside Grand Hall, fighting with Royalty over some honey, as my male shiny Combee and her swarm were trying in vain to stop them... I tried to stop them too, but my Shedinja told me telepathically not to interfere... Eventually, they were both KO'ed, and when they woke up, they were good friends! Even though the shiny Vespiquen smiled and came with me willingly, the promise was that one among Camaraderie and Royalty would be at all times in Grand Hall's garden, to protect the swarm from wild Spearow, to which I gladly agreed.

So, this time, I decided to bring Camaraderie with me, for her debut, and let Royalty rest. Their fighting style is different, Royalty prefers all-out attacking, but Camaraderie prefers wearing out her opponents slowly with the help of her beloved underlings!

So, this is what she did... After setting up 6 (!) Defence Orders, with the sustain of occasional Heal Orders and Leftovers (tanking Psyshocks and Dazzling Gleams like a champ in the process), she wore down Espeon with Infestation...

And then, through a stall fight with both Umbreon and Camaraderie Toxic poisoned, she took down Umbreon too!

PULSE Magnezone came in then... I thought that +6 in Sp. Defence would make it possible to tank a Discharge, even super effective... NOPE! Destroyed by the beast!

However, all this stall fight made Hail stop, so Shedinja had (probably) no enemy... And yes, PULSE Magnezone can't touch my Willpower, who takes it out with Confuse Ray hacks and Field-boosted Phantom Forces!

VICTORY!

Battle recording!

Spoiler

But hollow victory... Cause sadly, an explosion follows PULSE Magnezone's defeat and Eve and Lumi souls are seemingly expelled from Zero's body, who is crashed to have lost his comrades... He runs to Agate as fast as he can, and then, with enorous guilt building inside me, I proceed and release Vicky, Adrienn and an unconscious DJ Arclight, who has gotten one of his eyes torn out...

Adrienn and Victoria share my feelings of weakness, desperation and guilt, but they quickly push them away... Victoria will run things in Grand Hall, like the late Ame did so far... And Adrienn invites us to his Gym, where he will go after securing medical help for DJ Arclight... Xe says that xe wants to asks a couple of favours from us... 

We will go see what he wants, after we cope with our feelings of remorse, which heavily takes its toll on our mind and body... In the next installment of our buzzing adventures!

Till the next chapter, enjoy everyone! :);) 

Edited by Jess

51 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer said:

Clever of you to leave Shedinja for last!

Haha, thanks! I was honestly worried that Magnezone would have something crazy in its moveset like Hidden Power Rock to counter Fire types or Flying to counter Fighting Types! xD

(Mostly worried that it'd have Rock, cause their team has 2 Psychics to take care of Fighting ones, but nothing to check Fire types).

And credits to Camaraderie, my Vespiquen who turned the tides of this battle when I had nearly lost!

9 minutes ago, Jess said:

And credits to Camaraderie, my Vespiquen who turned the tides of this battle when I had nearly lost!

That was a stall and a half! I was telling you to use an antidote, just to get rid of the poisoning (since it took nearly half your hp each at some turn). But you survived :) 

4 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer said:

That was a stall and a half! I was telling you to use an antidote, just to get rid of the poisoning (since it took nearly half your hp each at some turn). But you survived :) 

Lol, I knew Umbreon had Synchronize, so I didn't use Toxic first. But then it used Toxic on me, so (since I was poisoned anyways) I just went for it. Thank God Umbreon didn't have Moonlight, or this fight would've lasted for ages! But I still think I would've won it, because Vespiquen has Pressure and Moonlight has maximum 8 PP (so, 4 vs Vespiquen).

I mostly try not to use healing items if it is not absolutely necessary! :D 

Edited by Jess

3 hours ago, Satoshi said:

I must say that your vespiquen was the ACE :D 

Haha, absolutely! In battles vs Victoria, DJ Arclight and ZEL, I think that the MVPs were clearly my Galvantula, my Volcarona and my Vespiquen respectively!

I also loved the fact that all battles seemed to be going horribly at some point, but then a comeback was performed in each one. I'm proud of all the mons in my squad! :D 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Sceptilespy said:

I just noticed that heracross is riding Volcarona on your wallpaper.

Yes! @FactoryofSadness had a crazy inspiration when he made it!

5 hours ago, RedAlert said:

Haha I'm touched, thanks for using that Escavalier. Pity about the critical hit, you could've swept

Good luck for Adrienne!

I've already defeated xem... On first try too! And had couple surprises in the team I used as well! ;) 

I will upload the vids and write the final update when I find a proper internet connection! Probably tomorrow!