Surge Story: Chapter 2- "GAOWS" [Completed IC Thread]

Sutoratosu

Lionel came out of his hiding place. When the massive bird started flapping its wings, he had no choice but to recall his partners and to retreat. "What- what the hell was that thing? It was ridiculously powerful!" Maybe if I had the help of a creature like that... I would be able to find her... He shook his head. No. This thing was ferocious and deadly. There's no way I could receive help from a GAO like that one. "Is everyone alright?" He yelled.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Logan followed Jory’s advice and ordered Ace to heat things up. The monkey’s embers, gaining strength with Eve’s help, made sure Logan could hold his position with Crush by his side. The turtle focused on taking on the enemies that slipped through and didn’t even falter when a giant bird showed up and blew up the guard tower.

While his GAO’s were supporting their rock type allies, Logan watched as the giant bird started to whip up a ferocious wind-attack. He recalled Ace and Crush just in time to hide. When he looked again he saw that Surge was the only one left standing. Logan immediately started to scan the bodies on the ground to see if any of his fellow cadets was with them.

Suddenly he heard someone’s voice. “Is everyone alright?”

Logan recognized Lionel’s voice and felt a short moment of relief. “Somehow!” he yelled back before he spotted two people he knew well lay down in the snow.
“Ace, Crush, cover me!” Logan ran as fast as he could and made a sliding next to Erick and Dr. Ray. “Are you two alright? Erick? Dr. Ray?” Panic took over as Logan thought the worst. He took a few deep breaths to calm himself down and checked their pulse. Thank god, they are alive he thought while checking for wounds. “Ace, keep an eye out for enemies, Crush, wake them up gently with some water.”

After the icy bird retreated and leaving its destruction. Sid gets up from the pile of snow as he checks himself for any injuries. Woah.. i'm alive...that or we're all dead. He was shock to see some random dead military soldier buried in the rubble right next to him. "Vicious help me lift this thing" he and Luxio digs and push the rubble off the soldier. He gasp in horror and kneels down as he felt sadness "Tough luck buddy" he scavenge the man's weaponry and gets up as he holds his tears and tries to keep his emotions intact.

“Is everyone alright?” Lionel yelled.

"Yeah! Still breathing! got a man down back there!" Sid yelled back as he run towards the middle of the snow covered field carrying the helmet of the fallen soldier and regroups with his fellow cadets.

Lionel swiped away his sweat. He almost thought that his fellow cadets, his friends, would have been gone. But now he first heard Logan, and then Sid's voice. Thank god...they're still alive. He hadn't heard Clint or Kenny yet though, or whoever that got knocked away by the creature. He ran over to Logan, Crush and Ace. "Good thing you guys are alright..." Then he realised who they were kneeling next to. "Are that...Dr. Ray and Erick? They aren't...are they?"

Clint pulled his hand out of the snow and dug himself up. "We're over here!" he called out to whichever medical unit could help him out. To be honest, Clint knew he was lucky to be alive. When the bird released it's attack, he didn't have time to find cover behind a building so Pimparella decided to be his cover. Clint looked over to the massive Onix who was now laying in the snow with closed eyes. He looked over to its mouth and noticed a fog coming out. "Well at least she's breathing," Clint muttered to himself as he took out it's resting ball and recalled it.

Suddenly another hand ripped out of the snow. And Clint leaned down to pull out his Tyrogue. The tiny fighter looked pretty banged up, many bruises covering his skin, but then again Clint probably looked about the same, he was only thankful that they hadn't suffered any major injuries. Clint let out a small smile at the Tyrogue and held out his fist. The tiny fighter returned its master's smile and gave Clint's fist a tiny bump. Then he turned back to any GAOs who may be in the area not really caring he was calling out too. "Yo, is there any way we can get our GAOs fixed up, Pimparella took the brunt of that ... attack for us and I need to get her all fixed up."

Jory looked up at the bird just as it launched its wind attack. He was sent flying backward. Then, everything went dark.

He awoke to a wet sensation on his cheek. He opened his eyes to see Sampson and Neffi over him, concern evident in their gaze. Neffi gave a happy bark upon seeing her trainer recover and licked his face once again. Jory smiled and stroked the Nidorina's head before sitting up and looking around him. "Guys, I'm alright!" he shouted, seeing that most of them were still standing.

Kenny was bowled over by the force of the gust, but he turned it into a Roll and kept low to the ground, which saved him. He then saved Ryu and Eve as they tumbled by, and they also kept low to the ground once they'd been saved from being flung back by the gale. After the Storm subsided, he heard Surge call out.

"Fox1, Get out here, front and center! we've got a monster to chase down!"

Then, Lionel yelled out.

“Is everyone alright?”

Kenny responded to Lionel's question.

"I don't know, but I don't think so, Lionel! I'll distribute Sitrus Berries among the GAOs that are still conscious! you guys take care of the Human injuries and casualties!"

Kenny then stood up, and distributed Sitrus berries among the GAOs, giving four to each GAO that was still conscious. He then responded to Surge's statement.

"Ready when you are, sir!"

He then turned to Eve.

"I want that thing that attacked us found, and I want it found now!"

Eve then burrowed into the ground, popping up in the floor of each location, then going back underground and burrowing on to the next. However, when she popped up in the Garden in the Atrium, she saw the Bird. She then dug back to the group of cadets, and then faced in that direction, growling loud enough for the nearby Conscious GAOs to hear her. what she seemed to be saying was that she had found it in that direction. Ryu then tugged on Kenny's wrist as Ryu started to head to the Atrium. Kenny got the hint, and he headed off towards the Atrium Garden. As Kenny started to go towards the Atrium, he bellowed out three words:

"IT'S THIS WAY!!!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Moves used:

Eve: Dig (Multiple times)

Edited by K_H

"IT'S THIS WAY!!!"

Sid heard the cry of his fellow cadets "What the-- Vicious stop him!" he commanded the feral cat. Luxio dashes towards infront of Kenny as it attempts to blocks its path and Sid follows along with him "Yo! New kid.Wait up! It's great that you found it and all, but don't go all brave heart on us!" as Sid trying talk sense to the hasty cadet "This thing is dangerous, we need a plan. Now we know where it is, we have the upper hand."

Kenny stopped as Vicious ran in front of him, and motioned for Ryu and Eve to stop.

"Good thinking, Sid!"

he then turned to the General.

"Do we have any Flamethrowers in our Arsenal, Sir?"

Edited by K_H

“Are that… Dr. Ray and Erick? They aren’t… are they?”

Logan looked up to Lionel. “No, they’re still alive. Crush can probably wake them up after I’m done checking for injuries,” he said while taking out his medical supplies. Logan always had some on hand, just in case. “I can’t find any serious injuries on Erick. I think he got knocked out, but he feels really cold…” Logan mumbled more to himself than to Lionel. “Ace, warm him up.”
The monkey turned around and ran up and down next to Erick, the flame on his tail growing and burning. The snow started to melt a bit when Logan moved over towards Dr. Ray and giving Crush a signal. The turtle gently sprayed some water on Erick’s face.

“By the way, Lionel, what happened to the rest of our squad?”

Edited by Chimchain

"Clint, Sid, Jory and Kenny are apparently okay. I don't know about the others." He turned to the general. "Sir! Apparently Dr. Ray and Erick are wounded, sir!" He didn't feel quite familiar with calling people 'sir' yet, but there was no messing with the general.

Ray and Erick

Erick woke up as a cold blast of water hit him in the face. he got up and turned to find Logan's turtle GAO standing beside him, the thing launching a volley of water into Ray's face, who inturn began to stir. Erick stood up, checking his surroundings, noticing that many others were on the ground and buried in the snow. he saw his squadron mates nearby, and thought to himself

What the hell happened?

Ray stood up as well, looking around at the Cadets. he heard a voice calling out,

"Sir! Apparently Dr. Ray and Erick are wounded, sir!"

Ray responded, noticing the General walking over in the distance and realizing the voice belonged to Lionel

"Relax, Everyone... We're fine..." He turned to Erick

"Yeah..." He responed simply

"Confused as hell about what happened... but otherwise fine"

Ray spotted Salem on the ground... he could tell by the GAOs labored breathing that there was some serious injury to it. he took out its capsule and recalled him to it, stowing it back in his pocket emotionlessly as he looked up at the remains of the guard tower, remembering exactly what had happened before the gusts hit...

Niles... old buddy... You deserved a better death than that...

He forced himself to look away from the ruins and to General McCarthy as he approached the group, machine gun resting on his shoulder.... The man looked a tad bit like he did in some old War footage from the last days of T.W.O.T. (The War On Terror) that Ray had seen once... though his face was older and marked with years of stress now... but that powerful, determined look in his eyes... it was exactly the same... he stood silently as the General began speaking...

Surge

Surge watched as the Cadets came out of their places in the snow our behind buildings and began assembling. he turned and spotted the General in the distance as Erick and Ray came to and announced they were fine. He looked down at Infantry, who still burned with a white fire around it's body, the snow melting around where it stood.

"Good job." he said to him, proud of the Flareon's attack that had sent the bird fleeing. it looked up to him as the flames died down around it, blowing sparks from it's mouth in acknowledgement of the compliment.

the sergeant was going to address his sqaudron, but he stopped as the general drew nearer and Lionel called out to him....

The old man looked quite intimadating with that machine gun propped up to a rest on his shoulder, that fire in his eyes... Surge had seen photos of the General taken during battle in Africa... and he could still see the beast of a soldier the man was, even in his older age. he stood silently as the General began to speak

General McCarthy

McCarthy stopped in front of the Group of cadets, looking at each of them in turn, then to Ray and Erick as the two came to, then to surge as he stood silently. He spoke, addressing the group as a whole

"Cadets..." He began "What just occurred here was an attack on this base. The attackers have been driven off for now, but there still remains the matter of the giant GAO that was apparently leading the assault..."

he turned, glancing back at the soldiers tending to the wounded and dead behind him, then looked back to the cadets

"Cadets, you are probably the only squadron still relatively intact after this... by intact, I mean none of your members have serious injuries or are dead." He hefted his Machine Gun off his shoulder, holding it in his hands as he continued

"Given the... extreme circumstances, there is no other choice but to select you all to conduct the kill mission for that thing... Staff Sergeant Surge and Myself will be leading you in this operation. Dr.Ray will accompany due to his expertise in his field of study."

He popped the safety back off the machine gun as he finished his speech

"Consider yourselves no longer Cadets. Today, at this very moment..."

He cleared his throat as the snow began to fall... he spoke once again, reciting the basic lines of US Army Entry Ceremony and officially inducted the Cadets into the military.

"I hereby find Cadet Squadron Fox1 to be fit to enter into the Army and land corps wing of the United States armed services. From this day forward, this Squadron and it's members will not be known as "Fox1, but of a name of your choosing at a later date given the situation currently. May God help you all as you endeavor to Fulfill a Service to thine country."

that done, he could now officially assign these Cadets their mission. he got right down to business.

"After that thing fled, I saw it land on top of Command Central, there is only one likely place it could be hiding up there, and that is in the Atrium at the highest level of the building. Our mission is to proceed to Command Central, make our way to the roof, and finish what that thing started down here. our objective is the Death of the large Bird GAO specimen that assaulted this fortress. Now, are there any questions relating to this Mission Briefing?"

Edited by Stratos

Nathan stumbled into the briefing with a haggard look on his face. "Yeah, did you forget I existed?" The pilot was limping. "I'm not really sure how, but I caught a stray bullet. Damn guards can't tell the difference between a GAO and a guy covered in snow. Luckily, this guy protected me from the cold." He held up the ball containing the Charmeleon. "I'm ready for action if I can just get a bandage on this," he said as he returned the ball to his belt and gestured at his leg. There was a notable lack of "sirs" in his speech; he was suffering enough anger and pain to forget about the honorific.

Clint looked over at Nathan a mixture of pity and remorse flooded over him. He felt sorry for the guy, but at the same time he was thankful that he didn't currently have a bullet in his leg. He turned and addressed the general, "Uhh .. yeah, speaking of injuries, are we gonna be able to heal up our GAOs before we go after that thing. Pimparella probably had too many icicles in her mouth and now she's down for the count, not the first time it's happened, but still. I'd certainly like to have my giant ass monster if I'm going to be fighting a giant ass monster."

After he heard General McCarthy briefing. The former thief froze for a while as he tries to digest what he just heard. is this for real? i never thought i'm gonna go this far, meh, i guess there's no turning back now. *Click* Sid arms himself and jams a full magazine into his riffle. Sid looks around at the carnage that icy bird has cause and his fellow cadets willing to fight despite of their injuries as Sid feels the same.

"Sir, with all do respect. As easy as it may sounds, that thing is a walking snow machine. i'm pretty sure that rooftop is filled with blizzard by now. what do you suggest we do?"

"I'm ready for action if I can just get a bandage on this,"

General McCarthy looked on as Nathan limped over, and cursed under his breath...

Damn it... looks like there are injuries...

The General Listened as Clint explained that they would probably need to heal their GAOs before embarking on the mission... Looks like Medical would be an issue here... though, perhaps not... They would have to pass by the doors to the Medical center on the way to the Atrium....

"Alright then." McCarthy said to the squadron, then turned to Erick "Freeman, help Grey."

"Yes Sir." Erick replied, walking over to Nathan and putting his arm under his so that Nathan would be able to support the weight that would've been put on his injured leg onto Erick instead. The General continued speaking

"Seeing as how we have an injury and most likely your GAOs are exhausted... We will stop in the Medical Center on our way to the Atrium, there's healing machines for the GAOs and I'm sure Dr.Ray can conjure up something for that bullet in Grey's leg... Which I'm sure was intentional given the fact that it's pretty much impossible for people getting hit by friendly the way you all were focusing your attack... I'll have to find the soldier who made the shot, but that's a matter for another time..."

He turned and started walking off towards Central Command, echoing behind him as he set off with a brisk pace.

"Operation Frozen Strom is a go! Let's move out, Fox1!!" Dr.Ray and Surge marched off after his wake,

Erick turned to Nathan

"You ready to start the walk, Grey?"

Edited by Stratos

Logan felt nervous. He didn’t expect to be a part of such an important mission so soon. When General McCarthy ordered them to move out, Logan turned to Erick and Nathan. “Wait a sec,” he said while pulling out some bandages. “At least let me stop the bleeding for now.”

"So... I just want to make 1 thing sure," Lionel said, "we are, as relatively new recruits, going to attack a gigantic bird that can control storms and blizzards, and killed like a lot of our comrades?" He let out his GAOs and picked up a rifle from a fallen soldier, since he lost his one while he was trying to find a hiding place. "Sounds like fun, count me in." He looked at Sid. "You've got one thing wrong mate. It's not a walking snow machine, it's a flying one." Lionel grinned. "Isn't it possible to heat things up with our fire GAOs?"

Edited by Pineapple

Kenny looked thoughtful for a while as he tried to think of a Plan to defeat the Bird.

The greatest threat to the success of this mission is that Bird's Maneuverability. if we can somehow restrict its' movement...

Kenny's Eyes lit up when he got an idea for restricting the Bird, after remembering what he had done in the "Assessment", as well as what had happened in the previous fight against the Bird.

AHA! That's how to do it!

Kenny returned to his previous state of mind as he continued thinking of his plan.

The second biggest threat is its' Powerful Attacks. If we can somehow counter them, or at least block them...

He then spoke to the rest of the squad, giving them the basic rundown of what he was trying to do to help the mission along.

"I'm trying to think up of a Plan that will deliver a 'one-two punch' to the Opposing GAO that we're up against, and make it a lot easier for us to defeat it: Restrict it's movement, which would make it much harder for us to miss it, and overpower its' Moves with our own, or at least block or deflect the moves. I've got the first part all set, and the only thing left is for the Overpowering, Blocking, or Deflecting bit. I know that Ryu is able to return the moves right back at his Opponent for twice as much damage as he received, and Eve is able to Power up an Allied GAOs' Attack, but I'd like more options than just those two things. After all, Ryu is weak to Flying Types, and that Bird we're up against is an Ice/Flying Type. Does anyone have any suggestions that they'd like to add to the plan that is being made? Once i've gotten enough alternative suggestions, I'll start formulating the Plan as we head to the medical center. Once we've healed up, I'll tell the group our plan."

Kenny then waited for Suggestions to come from the other Squad Members that were present.

Erick looked on as Nathan's leg was being bandaged by Logan and Kenny asked for suggestions for the plan to take the bird out once they got into the Atrium.

He looked down at his belt, remembering the shock attack he had ordered his beldum to use during the evaluation battles. with the arm that wasn't supporting Nathan's wieght, he reached down and took out the GAOs capsule, sending it out in a burst of light. it hovered in the air silently as it stared at Erick, completely unaffected by the cold temperature out here.

"Yeah," Erick said as he glanced over to Kenny

"I think I got something that can both restrict it and counter it; me and Beldum here developed a certain electric attack a few months ago... Clint saw it during our battle. If we can hit that Bird with it, maybe we can shock it's nervous system to the point where it's muscles will freeze up; IE, maybe we can paralyze it... that'll stop it from not only getting around, but from being able to launch off those attacks of it's as well..."

Sid looks at Kenny,Lionel,Erick "look It's not like its gonna give us any warm welcomes in its new bird nest." Sid hoist his riffle and looks at the scope as he talks "It seems we have the type advantage and the capabilities to hold it down, once it stays grounded we can go medieval on it and throw rocks at it, burn it to a crisp and smash its icy wings" Sid straps his riffle on his back. "or my personal favorite taser the little birdy down till it drools" as It looks at Vicious. "so how are we gonna execute this?"

Edited by typhlosionrulez

Clint sighed as he walked behind everyone and listened to there strategies. After Sid's remark about tasering it though he had enough. "Look guys, there's only one strategy we need to take that thing a part." He grabbed Pimparella's container and showed it to the rest of the group. "Electricity, fire, whatever use that stuff to get it on the ground, but once big Pimparella here can get her snout around that bird, it's nothin but snake food."

Erick looked over to Clint

"Encase you didn't notice, my Friend..."

He looked up at Command Central, eyeing the roof

"That thing is bigger than any GAO any of us has every seen..."

He looked back to his fellow cadets

"no offense or anything, but I'm not really sure if Pimparella can actually wrap herself around that thing, let alone eat it..."

Kenny smiled after hearing the suggestions put forth by Erick and Lionel.

"Good. Those should be enough alternatives to give us multiple plans, and I'm liking the idea of having Beldum Paralyze it, as Beldum is a Steel-type, and thusly has a Typing Advantage over that Bird."

Kenny then heard Sid ask about how it was going to be done.

"Like I said, I am in the development stages of this plan. My estimate for when the Plan will be shared is once we have healed up our GAOs. After all, i do want the General, Surge, and Ray to know what we're going to try."

that's when he heard Clint speak.

"Look guys, there's only one strategy we need to take that thing a part. Electricity, fire, whatever use that stuff to get it on the ground, but once big Pimparella here can get her snout around that bird, it's nothin but snake food."

Then, Erick spoke to Clint.

"Encase you didn't notice, my Friend... That thing is bigger than any GAO any of us has every seen... no offense or anything, but I'm not really sure if Pimparella can actually wrap herself around that thing, let alone eat it..."

Kenny concurred with Erick's Statement about size.

"I have to go with Erick on this one, Clint. Pimparella might be big, but that GAO up on the Roof is Gigantic! However, she'll be one of the more useful GAOs in our upcoming Battle with the Bird, seeing as how Pimparella is a Rock Type, which gives her a Double Advantage over the Bird, seeing as it is a Dual Flying and Ice Type."

Edited by K_H