Surge Story: Chapter 2- "GAOWS" [Completed IC Thread]

Sutoratosu

"Oh hell naw! they have guns! these guys aint playin' around" Sid freak out after almost being shot by a stray bullet."Vicious fetch me something" The lynx comply and went through inside the hole, searching for some firearms inside the wreckage of a nearby chopper. Vicious sniffs around and finally found something,: Four assault riffles and seems to be loaded. Luixo toss over these guns and nimbly went up on the surface.

"Here, grab one, just to be safe." Sid said as he hands them over these guns.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lionel saw a little light nearby him. Suddenly it erupted into a colorful beam that went straight for his face. "HOLY FU-" Suddenly Shadow flew in front of Lionel's face and took the attack. It didn't affect him. "What the... Clawzie, use-" Then he realised that the mole GAO had already dug herself in. She was nowhere to be seen. "Great. Change of plans. Buddy, water attack!" The Slowpoke opened his mouth, and blasted forth powerful water in the direction of the attack.

Jory panicked, immediately grabbing Neffi and diving out of the way of the huge tail. "Keep firing, Oliver!" he shouted as debris and shrapnel showered the earth around him from the barely avoided impact. "Whatever that thing is, it sounds angry! We need to figure out a way to beat it fast. Kenny, we're gonna need Ryu for this one," he began, devising a plan in the hopes of keeping the group alive long enough for help to reach them.

Kenny looked towards Jory.

"Understood."

Kenny then urned towards Eve.

"Eve, dig a tunnel underneath that thing, but don't put a Pit in the ground this time!"

Eve acknowledged Kenny's Command, and then started digging under the Tarmac. After she headed past the Enemy GAO, she popped up out of the ground, then headed back under, popping up in a different location near the Opposing GAO. she did this several times, and then headed back.

"Ee!"

"Done? Good."

Kenny then turned towards Jory.

"Ready when you are!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

MOVES USED:

Eve: Dig (1st and 2nd Turns) (Non-damaging, since it was used to make it easier for Ryu to get in close.)

((Mr. Murphy, I don't think Kenny learned the first time. can I barrow your law for a moment? Thnx))

The roars stopped as Jory ordered oliver to maintain fire... because there was another loud Rumbling and CRASH! sound that overshadowed it entirely. None of them could see it, but before the tiny group was now another gaping pit in the tarmac. Despite Kenny's specific orders, it seemed the Eve had been too careless where she dug, weakening earth that was already not in good shape from the weight of the thing attacking them all, and hence causing yet another sink hole to open up. Mother of Christ, was there gonna be absolute hell to pay... and heaven knows what would happen to Surge for this fiasco.

((Stop using dig!))

As Buddy's water attack closed in on the source of the beam earlier, the jet of hydration became engulfed in violet light and began to split and branch off from the blast issuing forth from the Slowpoke's mouth, forming into tiny droplets in the air that began began to circle back around Lionel and Lars and Surge in a strange manner before turning to razor honed needles and zipping towards the three men, heading for their vitals. Surge didn't hesitate.

"Do It!" he ordered the mouse on his shoulder. the creature concentrated and a moment later a torrent of electricity burst forth, zapping all of the conjured up projectiles before they could hit impact. "Good! now take em out!" the torrent of thunder was redirected towards the direction of the blast moment's ago, hitting it's target squarely and lighting up the area for a few moments. Surge looked to Lars and Lionel.

"Stay close," he ordered as he drew his sidearm and proceeded to creep onto the darkened tarmac.

A man crept around the back of one of the few remaining choppers as he took cover and spied on the four tangos before him. He ducked down, maximizing the hiding space he would be provided by the vehicle's girth. The Armored bird would have to go out first, of that he was sure. He stealthily retrieved a machine gun laying on the ground, moving back to his perch quickly and again scouting for his foes, his one good eye analyzing them all quickly...

He took a flash bang from his belt, tossing it out in front of the cadets before dashing off across the dark, letting out a gravelly battle cry and leveling his gun and firing like a madman. His face was briefly visible in the muzzle burst from his automatic weapon before the grenade went off. It was the last thing the soldiers all saw before they were stunned by the flash grenade and knocked out by the sonic effect... if any of them had played a certain vintage Video Game Series as kids, they would've recognized the man in an instance...

640px-Metal_gear_ground_zeroes.jpg

Genisa managed to protect from the fire however, stepping in front of the four of them as the lay unconscious and putting her all into keeping the barrier up...She didn't know what the hell was happening, where this enemy had come from, and how he had gone unnoticed until now... but that didn't matter, the others and their partners were down now; it was up to her to defend them. She tapped into something she felt welling within her mind, not knowing what, if anything it would do... just that it had to do something. She couldn't keep the barrier going at this rate... and something indeed happened. something...very disturbing to a physicist.., or very exciting, depending of their standpoint. Her eyes and horns took on a stronger than usual scarlet hue as the very fabric of the world itself began stretch and contort... The following event was very unpleasant for the Legendary Soldier...

ALL ACROSS THE TARMAC

A light bright as day could be seen from everywhere on the Tarmac, as well as in the base. Alongside a fearsome tearing sound as a man in all black gear was seen being hurtled up into the air into a tiny hole of pure blackness hovering in the air, his body being drawn into it like a Ragdoll as he was tossed into an entirely different dimension. a few seconds later, the rift closed...but the light remained.

And the entire Tar mac was visible as if it were daylight out. Needless to say, it was an absolute mess Two giant holes in the pavement, almost all of the aircraft missing, bits and pieces of destroyed vehicles scattered all about the place. The dead bodies of several humanoid yellow GAOs were littered all across the place. it looked like complete hell. and among this hell... was a single man who could be seen attempting to break into a locked chopper. A Machine gun sat by his leg, belt still steaming from being fired. he seemed to have been at it for a good while now, with no success (He couldn't just break the windows for obvious reasons...). Then the light faded. but Surge's entourage and Kenny and Clint and Jory had all seen the guy's location. The sound of a dragon roaring in the distance and the General shouting orders could be heard n the could be heard soon after, along with dozens of boots stamping across the packed earth. Reinforcements had come, and they were emerging out of the wood work it seemed. But they were all still a good bit away, so far that none of those within the area could even see them in the darkness that had resettled.

Jory sighed in relief as he saw the opposing Onix fall into the sinkhole and not rise back out of it, wiping the sweat from his eyebrow. Suddenly, he saw the enemy operative attempting to jimmy the door to a helicopter. "Kenny! Enemy operative on my twelve! We need to capture him so the higher-ups can figure out just what the hell happened here tonight!" With that said, the cadet took off, Oliver and Neffi close behind him as he began to close in on the hostile. He quickly began to give orders to his duo. "Oliver, use an acrobatic maneuver to force him to the ground! Neffi, I want you to use your claws to make sure he can't run away! Let's go!"

------------------------------------------

Moves ordered:

Oliver- Acrobatics

Neffi- Fury Swipes (hamstring maneuver)

Kenny heard Jory speak up, and quickly barked out an order to Emma.

"Emma, get in there and Paralyze that man!"

Emma then swooped towards the Heli, preparing to let out a Blast of Electricity at the Enemy Operative.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MOVES USED:

Emma: Thunder Wave

Edited by K_H

Logan woke up and was surprised to find he was lying on the ground. “What the hell happened?” he asked, looking around. He saw the others were knocked out as well while Genisa was protecting them. “Hey guys, wake up,” he said while trying to shake Sid awake.

“Hey guys, wake up”

Sid wakes up at the sound of Logan's voice, "Ugghh..."Sid shakes of the feeling and slowly stands up. "all i remember is i was handing you these riffles and then all of the sudden there was a loud thunderous boom then everything went white.." Sid clutch his head.

Edited by typhlosionrulez

The world was blurry, Clint's ears rang. Suddenly, Clint could see one thing. It was Rocky carrying him to safety. Clint couldn't be sure, but it seemed like the tarmac had collapsed again, but this time he was caught in the middle of it.

When Rocky finally reached Jory and Kenny he saw them ordering commands at some unknown target. Apparently some man heading for a helicopter. Clint tried to pull himself up, but couldn't. He looked back to Rocky whose face told Clint what his condition was really like. The Hitmontop's face was full of emotions and none of them were good. Clint couldn't help but to look down, despite the massive pain took to do. His right leg was currently bending in the wrong direction, his coat was covered in blood, he could tell from his breathing that at least a few ribs were broken, and he could taste the blood that must be running down from his head.

Clint looked up desperately at the Hitmontop, "Jory ..." he muttered, only loud enough for Rocky to hear, "Get ... Jory." Rocky nodded and started to try and grab the other cadets attention.

Nathan awoke groggily. "I didn't sign up for this shit," he grumped as he forced himself to his feet. He looked around, checking on the condition of his GAOs. They seemed more startled than injured by the blast, but they would all definitely need some professional medical attention. He didn't know how that kind of exposure affected the creatures; it seemed like they were more resilient than people, but you never knew with animals. After quickly checking over each of them in turn, he realized that he did, in fact, have squadmates. Looking around, Nathan could see most of them getting up. "We've got to regroup here. There are still tangos unaccounted for, and being spread out like this isn't good with people wounded."

"Yes, sir!" Lionel shouted. His voice had no fear inside, but that wasn't how he felt. How that...creature used Buddy's water attack against them, was terrifying. Buddy knew how to control other GAOs, humans or even items with his mind, but he couldn't do the same with attacks...could he? Then he noticed the guy trying to break into the chopper. And Kenny and Jory were attacking it. "Buddy, use your mind attack to immobilize that man!"

Lars grabbed his capsules as he stood by Surge, staying alert for the first sign of danger as they crept forward across the tarmac. He released Malice, figuring that the ghostly creature would be most useful in the dark environment. As soon as the Ghastly came out, it turned and gave Lars a lick on the face, sending tingles down his spine.

"Al-all right, Malice," he whispered, recovering from the shivers, "go surprise the guy in the helicopter. Put him to sleep if you can, like you did to Dominance in our battle."

Malice nodded, flying away towards the helicopter.

The first thing Perchenkov felt after things got dark again... was the feeling of hooked claws tearing right into his left hamstring. Along with the feeling of something pouncing on his back. the force of the assault sent him falling down to the ground, banging his head against the Chopper door and falling unconscious immediately afterward from the concussion.

"Dermo..." was all he could manage before things went lights out. By the time Buddy launched his mind attack, it was really no use. Malice and Ema meanwhile simply looked around at Oliver and Neffertiti curiously, vexed as to how they had missed everything. Seeing nothing they could really do, the Emolga and Gastly simply returned to their respective handlers.

"God...fucking...damn...it..." Erick managed as he forced himself up off the ground. Good god, that Flash-bang had been like hell... then again, he was pretty sure that he had been closer to the detonation then the others. Actually... now that he thought about it, he thought he heard someone talking nearby... but the ringing in his right ear drum pretty much prevented him from deciphering any of it. and his left ear wasn't any better... neither were his eyes. The entire place was a blur of color and muffled sound.

"Where are you guys?" he asked as he glanced around, pretty much blind as a bat. He tried to stand, only to find himself immediately falling back to the ground. The blast had fucked up his equilibrium too, it seems... oh yeah, all of this was gonna be just fun to recover from... "Eh...Where are you guys? anyone see where that last Tango went?"

He couldn't see it, but Genisa was by his side as he struggled to bounce back from the effects of the blast. Get up, she said mentally. He looked around in vain.

"You? Genisa, where are you? what happened to the others?" He got his answer in the form of a splitting pain in his skull... followed by a grainy vision of what was going on around him.

Can you see now? she asked, hoping that his blindness would only be temporary.

"A little... I think..." He looked over to where he could see dark shapes nearby, about the height of the others. "Hey Nathan, Sid, Logan, is that you guys over there?"

"Cannon, Robertson, Holmes!" Surge called as he approached the three soldiers, followed closely behind by Lars and Lionel. "What the hell is going on here!" then he noticed Clint's condition.... He turned to Lionel.

"Go find Walker, tell him we've got one wounded, Go, Now Soldier!" then he turned his attention back to Jory and Kenny. "And you two, start talking, and start Talking NOW!! What the fuck is this fiasco!? why is almost all of the damn air field destroyed!?" His shouting was echoed by another voice...one who everyone should've dreaded to hear at this moment.

"I couldn't have asked it better myself, Staff Sergeant Surge..." McCarthy said as he and an armed outfit of twenty four soldiers approached from behind. the majority of them split off to secure the area from any more Tangos who might be around. Meanwhile more soldiers were pouring into the front gate of the Tarmac, breaking up into small four man teams and sweeping (What was left of) the place for any remaining hostiles as well. "Let me ask you; What on God's green earth has you're squad done here?" All the blood just drained from Surge's face at that moment... he had the sneaking feeling... that his entire military career had just ended. all in that single question from the General... He stood there... speechless. "I asked you a question, Staff Sergeant!" McCarthy pressed on, stepping closer. "I expect an Answer."

Jory looked to his left and to his right. All around him, people were being threatened because of a mistake that he and his partner had made. He felt only the sting of failing his squad. He then gave Kenny a meaningful look. Even though I didn't order Eve to use Dig, I should have been more specific when I gave directions to Kenny. We both should have realized what digging those tunnels would do. He took a single step forward, feeling as though he was stepping over the edge of a cliff.

"General McCarthy, sir," the cadet said loudly. "I would be immensely surprised if Staff Sergeant Surge were able to tell you what happened to the tarmac." He gulped, hoping he was not stepping out of line. "If you want to know what happened here, question me. I believe that I will be the most capable of providing you with an accurate report." He stood stiff as a board, awaiting a response from the General.

“It’s us,” Logan answered. He walked over to Erick and placed a hand on his shoulder. “What’s wrong? Did that Flash-bang cause some troubles?” he asked waving his free hand in front of his friend’s eyes.

Sid shakes off the aftereffects of that flash bang and started to stand on his own, as for his GAOs,. Luxio has protected the small frighten seahorse in its body, shielding it through out the incident. "Good job, Vicious" he said as pats the lynx's head. Sid recalls Smoke in its capsule.

Vicious release a mighty lion's roar as it acknowledge Erick and the others that they're okay.

The soldiers still accompanying McCarthy trained their rifles on the small group.

"Very well then, soldier," The General said, turning his attention to Jory. "What on god's green earth have you done here? you have thirty seconds to explain before I just order you to be taken into custody and interrogated."

Erick couldn't even respond to Logan's question. A team of soldiers appeared out of the darkness before he could and trained their guns on the group. there were seven of them, all dressed in full black gear. their rifles seemed to be similar to X19s, though with the addition of Grenade launchers attached to the bottom of the barrels... needless to say, getting blasted by it would not be fun by any stretch of the imagination.

"Put your damn hands up!" one of them shouted in a gruff voice. It seemed having Vicious roar like that was a rather...bad idea on Sid's part. "I said put em up! you're all under Arrest until we get this shit storm sorted out!"

"All right, alright, put the damn weapons down, folks, we'll come quietly" Erick said as he got up unsteadily, Genisa helping him. he raised his hands in the air, facing away from the speaker... whether it was intentional or because of his temporary blindness, one couldn't be sure. though he obviously had some sight, because he looked right at Logan and Nathan next "Let's just cooperate guys...we struggle and it'll gets uglier than it needs to be."

"dammit" Sid muttered."Stand down Vicious" Sid said to his snarling lion as it feels threaten by these officers. why are these guys arresting us? i thought this was america, we didn't cause this shit, we're the victim here

"Easy there fellows, we're the good guys".Sid puts his hands behind his head and sighed.

Nathan had to choke back a flurry of insults. We're being arrested? Are you kidding me? We were the first - and ONLY - ones to respond to and eliminate enemies in the base and we're getting shit on for it? He wanted to say that and far more, but instead he returned his GAOs to their capsules and raised his hands, his rage evident on his face.

Logan looked around him and analyzed the situation. “We’re on the same side here, no need to point those weapons at us,” he said. He called Ace back into the sphere and raised his hands.

Jory gulped audibly. In the six months he'd been at Fort Bexly, he'd spoken directly to the General on maybe one or two occasions. Now he had volunteered himself to be interrogated. What the hell have I gotten myself into? he wondered as he began to form a response.

"Well, sir, the airstrip came under heavy attack by what appeared to be a similar GAO to Cadet Cannon's. One of those big rock snakes, sir. It was extremely powerful and it had a full squad pinned down. So I told Kenny to have Eve attack it while I did the same. However, I was not clear enough in my instructions. Eve burrowed under the the GAO, which was so massive that I suppose the weakness in the earth created by Eve's tunnels was enough to cause a sinkhole. However, sir, as a result of this maneuver my life and Kenny's life were both saved, in addition to those of our GAOs and any personnel who that rock snake GAO might have reached. Additionally, sir, because of this we were able to mobilize quickly enough to capture an enemy operative alive. Were it not for the destruction of the tarmac, it is entirely possible that that rock snake would have wiped out half of our squad, as well as much of the airstrip crew that suffered despite our victory."

Edited by Jory

After the four had complied with the soldiers commands, the armed men surrounding them lowered their weapons, a few of them stepping up to the group and restraining their hands behind their backs with zip ties.

"Nothing Personal, Cadets," the soldier who had demanded they reach for the sky said. "Just protocol... but I've honestly no doubt that whoever's behind this is really the exact same party that's responsible that's responsible for the attack earlier this morning. Just play along and stay quiet so that the General doesn't chew out all our asses." with that said, the Four found themselves being Shepard away from the Sink hole. after a few minutes of walking, however, they soon caught a rather dreadful sight... The General... and he seemed to be interrogating Jory at the moment. They could hear their Squad Mate finished up his report as they drew closer along with their Escorts... and they could also see a group of four MPs dragging a man who seemed to be out cold.

"...." McCarthy said nothing when the young soldier finished his report... though he seemed to be in deep thought about something. The sounds of boots clicking on ruined concrete came from behind the group, along with what sounded to be someone being dragged. The old War vet Glanced over his shoulders to see a group of MPs decked out in full riot armor dragging an unconscious man who looked just like the one Jory and the others had seen. Two were holding him up on either side, while another followed behind, an assault rifle trained on the back of the man's skull, as if he could wake at any moment and become a major threat. The Forth MP of the entourage, his rank signified as a Lt. on his arm, presented the prisoner to McCarthy, the two supporting him tossing the bleeding fool to the ground.

"Sir... We located Former Corporal Matthew Weather," Lt. Caraway said, his face completely obscured by the all black face shield he wore...not that it mattered, none of the Cadets had met him before anyway. "From the evidence we just gathered at the site, it is extremely likely that he is the one responsible for not only this assualt, but the one this morning as well..."

McCarthy took his attention off Jory. The moment he did, Oliver and Neffertiti scampered out of the Darkness and silently returned to their trainers side. seems they had avoided detection by the MPs when they had picked up the man.

"How can you be sure he commited both, Soldier?" McCarthy asked, though it seemed he wasn't all that interested in an answer.

"As I filed in my report following the attack this morning, sir," Caraway took out a capsule, releasing a blob like GAO from inside... the thing looked to be out like a light, simply lying in a puddle on the ground. "Weather had somehow escaped his cell and was completely missing when the attack struck. in his place, what I found was a creature like this one here. From what primary analysis have yeilded, sir, it seems as though these may have played a key role in the enemies actions." He reached into a pocket on Matt's leg, pulling out a small bag filled with a light, bluish-gray down. "These feathers are a Genetic match to the ones we found this morning in the atrium after the bird was slain. This pink GAO is the same that was used in the plot several months ago, Sir. As demonstrated then, it seems to have to ability to transform itself into a perfect copy of any other organism at will..."

McCarthy, took the bag, holding in between his finger and thumb and examining the contents in the low light. a moment later he finally noticed the rest of Surge's squad standing nearby, under the custody of several more MPs. He glanced at Surge, then his soldiers, then the MPs in attendance. a walkie-talkie on his belt crackled to life with various officers radioing in to confirm "all Clear" on the tarmac...or rather what was left in tact of it. He finally settled his gaze on Surge.

"No charges for this, Staff Sergeant," he said. "Neither you nor your squadron will be brought before the tribunal..."

"Thank you, Sweet Mother of Jesus Christ!" Surge cried in relief, then quickly remembering himself. "I mean...very well then sir. thank you sir."

McCarthy simply ignored the initial outburst of joy from Surge. he turned to Caraway. "Leave the Tango to me," he said in a commanding tone. "Escort Fox1 to the Medical hall and ensure they receive medical treatment for both their injuries and their assigned partner's injuries. If anyone poses opposition, tell them it's on Orders of the General, which it is as of now."

Caraway gave a hand signal and the MPs restraining Erick, Nathan, Logan, and Sid all cut their bindings. "Yes sir," he said simply. With that Surge began to walk forward as McCarthy pulled out his side arm and loaded a single round into the trigger. His eyes were fixed on Weather, completely unreadable. The Cadets, honestly wanting to just get the hell out of there since they weren't being arrested anymore, followed behind him without another word, Pimparella still carrying Clint gingerly, acting as a makeshift gurney and being careful not to Aggravate his Injuries. Caraway led them back out of the Airfield...

And the last thing they heard before leaving from the site of their Battle that night...

Was the echoing report of a gun being discharged.

This is the end of Surge Story: Chapter 2- "GAOWs" I do hope you all enjoyed it, whether you participated as a player or just read along.

This thread will now be locked for Safe Keeping.

Until next time; In Surge Story: Chapter 3- "A Game of War"