Surge Story: Chapter 2- "GAOWS" [Completed IC Thread]

Sutoratosu

Jory gaped at the bird that Nathan had caught. Not only was it large, it was also badass to the extreme. The cadet marveled at it for another moment before smiling and reaching down to his belt. "I know I wasn't a part of the bet, but I caught someone too. Alright Oliver, come on out!" he said quickly, pressing the button on his new GAO's capsule. There was a flash of light, and suddenly the reptilian GAO was standing on the ground next to Nefertiti. He stood up on his hind legs and crossed his arms, carefully inspecting the other cadets' GAOs.

"Vyle!" he said excitedly, looking up at Jory. His trainer nodded.

"You're a part of the team now." Jory turned to the other cadets. "This is Oliver, my newest friend. He's not the biggest, but he's certainly got the skills to fit in here." The GAO nodded in assent and appeared to smile at the praise.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flora was still pretty excited and as she went around the group and rubbed against everyone’s chest to say hi. Logan had given up winning the size category after seeing Nathan’s bird. That thing would probably win looks as well so he hoped to at least show off her battle skills.

So while Flora was doing her thing, her trainer walked over to Clint. “Not going to release yours? Sooner or later, they’re going to find out…”

SId finally arrives at the camp eyeing the other cadets' captures, He when straight inside the camp to get his GAO fix in the healing machine, after which, he release his new found companion. "You ready champ," Sid said. The frog nodded while staring at Sid with its lazy yellow eyes.

Sid went outside to meet with the group, "Yo! where's my money... I got you're champ right here. I'd like you guys to meet Venom." he cockily said as he introduce the frog, Venom just stood there, arms cross as it bloats its cheeks. "It may lack size but i assure you, this frog is no pushover." He said as Crogunk's goofy looking smile grew bigger.

Edited by typhlosionrulez

ENYO

Enyo scoffed as the others at the gate all started comparing the sizes of their captures. It was childish, really... but that didn't stop Enyo from getting interested in it. she knew that the Sea Serpent was nearly as long from head to tail as Clint's onix. She could win this little comparison contest in a heart beat. But she didn't intend to get involved and put them all to shame.

"Heaven forbid that these strapping young men be defeated in something by a woman." She muttered to herself. Actually, that train of thought made her want to go over there and do the exact opposite of what she had been planning to do. She stopped and considered the pros and cons of humiliating them all... on the one hand, she was the lone female on this squadron... Putting the guys to shame might make it a bit easier to get some respect on the team in the future... but on the other hand, it could have the opposite effect and cause a shit load of tension between her and everyone else, which could lead to the opposite desired outcome... Screw it, she was going to go ahead with it. If it had the less desired outcome, she'd simply have an easier time of abandoning them all and saving her own skin if she ever needed to choose between the two options. She set off, emerging out of the shadows and walking towards the group, calling out.

"I'm afraid you all have been outdone," she said. The capsule in her palm flew through the air a moment later, releasing the fearsome Gyarados within.

Kenny heard Enyo speak up.

"I'm afraid you all have been outdone,"

Enyo then released her Creature, and her speech prompted Kenny to speak up.

"I don't remember you putting five dollars into the Pool before we went into Bexly Forest, so you're not in this, Enyo."

Jory's jaw dropped as the sea serpent was released from its capsule. It was far and away the largest new GAO, and may as well have had a "Certified Badass" sticker pasted onto its forehead. The cadet turned to Kenny. "That only means she can't win a prize. If she wants to show off her new GAO, well... I think she's deserved it. Nice going, Greyjoy," Jory said calmly, smiling at Enyo for the last part.

Lars stared in amazement at Enyo's GAO. He knew for sure he did not want to go against her. While size wasn't everything in a battle, his GAOs were all so small in comparison that he didn't really think he had a chance against that thing.

"Hey Enyo..." he started, a grin spreading across his face. "Would you mind letting me get a sketch of that thing later?"

Lionel and his GAOs, even Buddy, quickly backed away when Enyo released her GAO. "W-what the hell?" he exclaimed. Clawzie looked at him with desperation in her eyes. If she would have to battle this...creature, she wouldn't stand a chance. Hell, even Nathan's GAO looked weak in comparison. Then he realised that Enyo didn't take part in the bet, and he relaxed a bit. "Where in the world did you catch this...this thing?"

"She didn't Catch it," chimed Erick. "I did. Found it down at the lake... back when I caught it, it was just a fish with orange scales. But seeing as how it's eyeing me with pure contempt, I'm guessing the feisty little bastard turned into this thing."

Enyo Glowered at Erick. Things seemed to be going according to plan, but then he had to go and Open his damn mouth. If everyone knew that it hadn't been her who captured it, but him instead, then obviously the respect transferred right to him from her... but that's okay, she had a plan B. Erick probably gave this to her because he wasn't good enough to handle it. She just had to Discredit him by proving that fact.

"Freeman," she called. "You know that you weren't man enough to handle this thing...So you gave it to someone who was."

"I'm sorry," replied Erick. "but was the bout of arrogance directed at me? because from what I can recall, your ass would've been finished if hadn't walked by when I did and gave you that thing to defend yourself... though maybe you forgot that chain of events."

Damn it... Enyo thought. she had forgotten how easily Erick could turn something around back onto the person who said it. Now he had verbally disarmed her... and further wrecked things. She had meant to provoke him with that... meant to make him make the first strike so that she could wipe him out with a counter. Seems like she would have to draw first blood herself. or maybe not... Erick seemed to have been provoked afterall.

"But maybe I'll remind, Greyjoy" He snarled. He tore two capsules from his belt, sending out his Beldum and the thing that Clemont had given him. "I'll remind you by frying that damn fish I gave you." with that said, He issued his orders in a harsh voice.

"Hit it with Lightning! use the same intensity as earlier, but make this one Lethal!" He told his Beldum. The Creature obeyed it's master without question, rotating it's body and before long generating a powerful torrent of electricity, which it promptly unleashed upon Enyo's serpent. She didn't even have to say a word, the beast dodged the attack on it's own judgement, closing in and about to unleash an attack of it's on when the arc of electricity came back around and struck it, lighting the thing up like a Christmas tree as it was electrocuted. It backed off in pain, Glaring hatefully at Erick and his team.

"You still think that I can't handle that Scaled bastard? Eh, Greyjoy, well, do you?" He said. Enyo had no answer, knowing that silence would further provoke him... just like she wanted. let him get angry. Anger leads to stupidity.

He shook his head in disappointment at her silence. "Alright then... Another one. make it even worse this time."

His beldum again obeyed, rotating far faster this time, the Rrrrrrrrr.... sound growing much louder with each second. The cylindrical creature began to visibly shake in the air as sparks began to arc off it's body... just what Erick had been hoping for. he turned his attention to Genisa.

"Throw it at that thing." he said simply, in a tone of voice that discouraged talking back. She did as he ordered, picking up the creature with telekinesis and sending it flying into Enyo's gyarados as Erick called out.

"Take it down!" the beldum righted it's body and maintained the electric field around it as it shot itself forward like a bullet, resulting in an electrified tackle. Enyo simply smirked.

"Get rid of it." she said. The Gyarados condensed the moisture in the air and formed a veil of water around it's tail, bringing it up quickly and snapping it like a whip as Beldum closed in, sending the GAO flying back in the opposite direction and hurtling right into Genisa, resulting in an eerily human like scream of pain as she was shocked by the electric force. Erick cast a glance back at her, seeing Both his Beldum and the Kirlia lying unconscious on the ground. He recalled Beldum and kneeled down, picking up Genisa in his arms like a child. He looked at his last remaining party member.

"You there!" he shouted at the Little landshark. "I don't now what you can do, but you better get started!" The thing glanced at what it was up against. then looked back at Erick and nodded, as if to say 'Challenge Accepted'. It leaped into the air and opened it's maw, sending a black sphere similar to what Erick had seen from the fish earlier, Catching the Serpent spot on. The beast backed up... it seemed to be weakened.

"Do it AGAIN." Erick ordered. it repeated the action. This time the gyarados turned it's fangs a cold blue color and lunged forward towards the Gible, but in it's weakened state, it's speed was not up to snuff. It took the next bout of energy face first, crashing into the ground just in front of Erick and his last partner. The young soldier recalled his team to their capsules, excluding Genisa, whom he continued to cradle in his arms.

"Just got proved dead wrong. how's it feel?" he snarled at Enyo. She still didn't say anything, looking at the Sea serpent as it lay limp on the ground, out cold from it's injuries. She was completely dumbfounded as to how it could have lost.

"How did you-"

Erick cut her off.

"You didn't issue any orders, you damn moron," he said. "That thing is smarter than it looks, sure, but encase you haven't noticed over the last six months, a tamed GAO doesn't fight half as well when it's handler gives it no instruction in battle. maybe that's a factor as to why you lost your original ones and got into the situation I found you in in the first place."

Surge had seen enough of this non-sense. It was time to put Freeman back in his place.

"Erick!" he called "You're out of line, Soldier!"

"It's not out of line if it's fucking true." He replied, beginning to get confrontational. "And besides, she instigated this whole thing. what's it my fault if she got her ass whipped because of her own incompetence? She challenged me, and I don't run from challenges. No enemy will sent me into retreat. that is the credo I have adopted since I came here. I refuse to ever back down, to be weak. if I recall correctly, then you actually approved of it at first."

Surge didn't rise to the bait. "You and me, the med ward, Now! we need to have a talk, soldier!"

"Drop the act," Responded Erick. He had technically just committed insubordination. "You say you want to talk, but we both know that talk is cheap. so how about you do what You really want to do."

"If you don't follow my orders this instant," Said surge. his voice was dead serious. "I will have you court martialed. I don't give two flying fucks who your father was, I'll pull enough strings to get you thrown out." Erick said nothing. The tension was fierce in the air as the two stood locked, staring the other one down...

Kenny heard Surge yell at Erick, and he headed over, only to hear Erick say the following:

"And besides, she instigated this whole thing. what's it my fault if she got her ass whipped because of her own incompetence? She challenged me, and I don't run from challenges. No enemy will sent me into retreat. that is the credo I have adopted since I came here. I refuse to ever back down, to be weak. if I recall correctly, then you actually approved of it at first."

Kenny got pretty mad at this, and spoke up, gesturing in a scolding fashion.

"Erick, Enyo is one of your fellow Cadets. She is not your enemy. if i hear you call another Cadet in our Army an enemy one more time, so help me, i will come at you and not hold back."

Kenny then paused, and continued a little later, no longer gesturing.

"You have been warned."

Edited by K_H

Kenny remained calm and spoke to Erick, not taking the bait.

"Erick, just do as Surge told you and get to the fucking Med Ward!"

Edited by K_H

Jory looked from Erick to Enyo and then at Surge in a panic. They're all gonna rip each others' throats out if someone doesn't intervene. Then, Kenny spoke up. Jory was impressed by the other cadet's courage. It took a lot to stand up to Erick, especially with the knowledge of who his father was. He backed me up earlier. Now it's my turn to return the favor. Jory stepped up next to Kenny, his GAOs following suit. "Erick, just listen to someone for once! Kenny's right. If our CO wants to speak to you privately, then you'd better go and do just that. None of us are enemies here! We all share a common goal, and you calling Enyo out like that didn't do anything except provoke her. We're supposed to be a squad," he said, lowering his voice toward the end. "We're a family. We take care of each other no matter what because in the thick of battle no one else will. Each member of this squad is all that may stand between you and death one day on the battlefield. And when that happens, do you want Enyo to remember your petty one-upmanship or Surge to remember what an insubordinate little shit he thought you were in training?" He paused for a moment to let that sink in. "We're like sticks, Erick. One of us can be snapped easily. But all of us together are unbreakable. So suck it up and get to the med bay. I may not be able to beat you when it comes down to a battle, but I'll die and come back again before I let this squad tear itself apart."

Logan had seen enough. He wasn’t one to speak up in front of an entire group and wouldn’t start doing it now. Instead he casually walked over to Erick and placed a hand on his shoulder. “Go to the med ward. If not for the order, then do it for your GAO. She doesn’t look very good and I bet you don’t want to lose her,” he said in a friendly way before turning to Enyo.

“That’s an impressive catch, Enyo. But you may want to take it to the med ward as well. I can go with you since I need to restore my supplies.”

"Stand down, Kenny, Jory, Logan" Surge said. "Freeman has already stated what he wants to happen. so be it." He turned his attention to Freeman.

"We'll do it the old fashion way then," he began. He took out Infantry's capsule and sent the creature out. "You and me then, Freeman. a one to one match. You win and I still have a talk with you, but you'll get out of that court martial. But I win, And your ass will be thrown out of the US army and into a max security Military prison so fast that your head will spin."

Erick considered it, thinking out the pros and cons. He didn't noticed as Genisa's horns began to take on a scarlet hue. He didn't even realize she had regained consciousness until she spoke into his mind. as the glow became stronger, he could feel himself beginning to calm down.

"You're being stupid," she said. "Very, very stupid right now... you know that, right?" The glow faded from her horns. along with it Erick's anger also faded.

"You're welcome," Genisa continued. "I just stopped you from burning every bridge you have... but you still have to repair them, after the things you just said..."

Every word that had just come out of his mouth ran through his head at that point. She had heard the whole thing, and was running it through his mind in a play back. Erick felt nothing but shame hearing himself now. He'd let his anger do far more than just get the better of him. He had been utterly controlled by it... he had made a complete and total ass of himself in-front of the whole team. Yes, he had been provoked, but that was no excuse for this. He should be able to control his own mouth enough to still have a filter and stop himself from going off on others. He cleared his throat, grasping for how he could possibly repair the damage his other side had just done... but the words came easily. He had the hunch that Genisa was putting these into his head too, not that he complained about the help. plus he legitimately believed every word that he was going to say in apology.

"I apologize to each and every one of you for the way I was acting just moments ago" He conceded. "Most of all to you, Enyo. I allowed my anger to control me and I said things that were not only untrue, but also destructive to the trust that a team needs to have out in the field. And for that, I can not apologize enough." She said nothing to his apology, simply crossed her arms, her expression unreadable. He turned his attention to the rest of the group.

"I've made a complete ass of myself in-front of you all. I've done and said things in the past ten minutes that completely undermine everything the US military stands for, most specifically my calling a fellow US solider an enemy. I have no excuse for anything that I said. because there is no excuse for it. You are all good men, and excellent soldiers, and I honestly don't deserve to serve beside any of you." He then turned to Surge.

"And sir, no apology can ever be sufficient for the insubordination I committed in disobeying your orders. I will submit to whatever consequences you see fit for my actions... even if it is being Court-Martialed."

Surge stood there for a moment, then cast a hard glance at Ray.

"I won't believe a goddamn word that comes out of you mouth, Freeman." he said "As far as I'm concerned, that entire apology just now was a load of steaming bullshit. Ray, call the general, tell him that Administrative action is needed just outside the Western side gate." Ray seemed hesitant at first, then relented and pulled out a phone from his bag, starting to dial in a number. Surge turned back to Erick.

"Your under arrest for high treason," He said. "In the GAOWP, that is what the charge of Insubordination is filed under due to the highly classified nature of this program. Hands behind your back and get on the ground. resist, and extreme force may be used." Erick seemed to be a bit shocked... high treason... that was a much more severe consequence than anything he'd been expecting. Jesus, man... He was gonna Die for what he said? There was no other penalty for HT besides Death... and Erick knew that surge wasn't joking when he said he could pull strings... but he didn't bulk at it.

"V-very well then, sir." he said, putting Genisa down and turning hi back towards surge, getting down on his knees. The CO didn't take out any cuffs however, he simply made a gesture, and the mouse on his shoulder leaped to the ground.

"Paralyze him." he said. A voice rang into everyone's mind just then.

"STOP! Enough!" Clemont mentally shouted, appearing in between Surge and Erick in a flash of white. Surge was not phased.

"Either stand down or be put down, Fox man. you won't even get a trial if you you try something..."

"Silence." He mentally hissed "I am overturning your authority in the matter." he looked over at Erick.

"Get your hands from behind your back and stand up," he said. "you're not being court martialed; no one is."

"You can't fucking do this!" Howled surge "I am his direct commanding officer, he has committed high treason with his insubordiantion!"

"You're his direct CO, but I hold the authority of a five star US general at the moment." Clemont retorted. "McCarthy has made me his proxy. you have no authority if I do not say so. You do not believe what Freeman just said, I know that there are several others among you who also do not..." He glared at Enyo and Ray and a few other soldiers on the squad, who for the sake of keeping the peace, will not be named. "But I know he believed every single word he said in that apology. he was sincere. That was not a load of Bullshit or ass kissing that came out of his mouth; he genuinely meant every thing he said."

"Prove it, now." Surge demanded. Clemont did. he send his memory of the past few minutes into surges mind, playing them back from start to finish. he had been keeping track of Erick's emotion imprint and his heart rate the entire time. nothing biologically proved that anything he had said hadn't been true at least in his mind. Surge relented.

"You're no longer under arrest, Freeman." he sighed. "Ray, put the phone away. and you..." he pointed to the electric mouse standing nearby.

"Pi?"

"Get back on my shoulder."

The small rodent did so easily. Ray put the phone bag into his bag. Erick felt a wave of relief flow through him... he might live a little longer after all.

"Now," Surge began. "Pick up the girl...Erm...I mean the GAO, and follow me to the med ward. we still need to talk."

Erick did not hesitate this time, though he did raise an eyebrow oh so slightly when surge referred to genisa as "the girl"...

"Yes sir," he said simply as he picked her back up. Surge walked off back through the gates, and he followed behind, disappearing back inside the base's perimeter walls. Clemont turned to Enyo.

"Report to the med ward and get this thing looked at" he said, gesturing to the unconscious serpent. "that is an order." She said nothing, simply recalled the thing to it's capsule and walked off towards the gates... but she was grinding her teeth the whole way... this whole situation had back fired, big time. she honestly didn't know what to think of it right now, whether it was successful, or whether it had failed epically... no...no, this had obviously failed epically. she didn't correctly guess the amount of anger that Erick might have pent up inside himself. Things had spiraled completely out of hand... but there was another issue on her mind as well as she made her way to Command Central.

How did this thing lose... She thought he said it was because it had no orders, but that didn't matter back during the other times I used it...so why now?

Lionel stood quietly on the sidelines as Erick, Surge, Enyo, Kenny and Jory were in the midst of a heated discussion. No, it was more than that: they almost started fighting themselves. And much to his horror, Lionel didn't want to intervene. He was looking at it as if it were a tennis match. He waited to see who would win. Then the person he expected the least and the most intervened.

Logan. He wasn't the one to speak up for a whole group, so Lionel was quite astounded when he stepped forward and talked to Erick and Enyo separately. On the other hand, if there was a quarrel, there was no one better suited to calm it down than Logan. It was quite clear that the 'tennis match' would remain undecided. At least for now. Or so he thought.

Then it completely escalated. Surge challenged Erick. Apparently Genisa made sure that Erick didn't accept, which only led to Surge wanting to arrest Erick for high treason. Erick went down on his knees. Everyone knew that the punishment for high treason was death. Then Clemont interrupted. Apparently he had more authority in the army than Surge, and the arrest was withdrawn. It all went so fast, that Lionel hardly had time to process what he just saw. He sighed. It was time to end this...argument? Quarrel? He wasn't sure how to call it.

"Don't you all forget why we are here? Shouldn't there be a contest we are holding?"

Edited by Pineapple

As usual, Logan was impressed by Clemont’s power and authority. For a short moment he felt relieved that Erick wouldn’t be sentenced to death, but he soon realized what had happened just now might have some serious consequences later on. Especially since the lone wolf of the squad was involved.

"Don't you all forget why we are here? Shouldn't there be a contest we are holding?" he heard Lionel say.

“Yeah, you’re right,” Logan said while watching Enyo pass through the gates. He bit his lip, unsure if what he was about to do was the right thing. “But I’ll pass for the Size and Looks contests. I’ll be back for the battles… I think.” With that said he looked at Clemont from the corner of his eyes and called Flora over. When the Foxman didn't seem to react, he ran towards the med ward, hoping to catch up with the Greyjoy.

Chimchain

It wasn't long before Logan spotted Enyo walking towards the base. She could hear the foot falls behind her, but didn't stop, forcing Logan to have to keep up.

"What do you want?" she asked impatiently, not bothering to look behind her to see who it was.

Kenny tilted his head slightly when he overheard Surge call one of the GAOs a girl, then correct himself a little bit later. Kenny's head straightened, and he made a mental note:

Note to self: ask Surge about the GAO he called a Girl at a later time.

As Kenny's GAOs came over to him, Ryu overheard Kenny's thought, and tried communicating Telepathically with him again.

Did I just hear you think what I thought I heard you think?

However, Ryu was still too inexperienced at Telepathy, and it only came across as a burst of Static to Kenny, but it was structured enough for Clemont to be able to notice it as a few random words: Did.... hear... what... I... think?

Kenny made another mental note:

Note to self: ask someone about these bursts of static that i've been receiving.

Kenny then turned to Jory, and Emma jumped back on Kenny's Shoulder.

"Thanks for backing me up, man."

He then turned to the other Cadets that were in the area.

"I guess that this situation has been diffused, so let's continue with the Contest we were holding."

Edited by K_H

Lars sat up from where he'd been laying in the grass. He considered himself a more laid-back guy, so arguments weren't really his thing. He tended to just let them resolve themselves...

"I guess that this situation has been diffused, so let's continue with the Contest we were holding."

He frowned as he looked at Kenny, lifting his arms into a shrug.

"Sure, I guess. But that whole deal kinda killed the mood, you know?"

Jory let out a sigh of relief as Clemont appeared. He hadn't meant to escalate the situation, but he was glad that he'd stuck to his guns and defended Kenny. "No problem. Now let's see who won that contest."

“No need to be so defensive, it’s just me,” Logan said when he finally caught up. “I told you right? I need to get some more medical supplies so I thought we could go together.” He smiled a little at the girl next to him and realized he had no idea what he was doing. “Uhm… that whole thing with Erick… you know… don’t let it bother you. He’s pretty cool when he has his emotions under control and all…” Logan smacked himself mentally. He tried to avoid a complete awkward silence, but talking about what just happened might even make it worse. He didn’t want Enyo to feel left out so he quickly changed the subject. “So if I heard Erick correctly you lost your previous partners? Does that mean you got three new ones?”

Clint noticed as Logan made a rush in to the medical ward and quickly realized he hadn't dropped off Pimparella or Rocky just yet. He quickly finished his cigarette up and headed inside to drop them off. However, as he made his way down the hallway he noticed Logan talking to Enyo. Of course he was talking to her, now that she had the baddest GAO, Clint wasn't really necessary anymore, was he?

Clint shook the feeling of inferiority and decided to address Logan, making sure to keep his distance, "Yo man, you mind droppin' off Pimparella and Rocky for me?" he called out as he tossed their spheres over to Logan. He then quickly turned away, careful not to make eye-contact with Enyo, and made his way back outside.

Kenny heard Lars speak, and responded to him.

"Yeah, about that... i've kinda got second thoughts about the Competition all of a sudden. I mean, friendly competitiveness is good and all, but jeez, that was quite the dispute. plus, everyone's gone off all of a sudden."

He then turned towards Jory.

"Jory, I'm thinking that we should call off the Competition, since that whole Incident between Surge and Erick kinda killed the mood, as Lars put it."

Edited by K_H

Lars straightened up quickly.

"Whoa now, don't just go by my word!", he said quickly, looking alarmed. "I don't want to be blamed for canceling this if others still want to. We should at least take a vote. I'm fine with whatever though."