Surge Story: Chapter 2- "GAOWS" [Completed IC Thread]

Sutoratosu

As Kenny fell to the ground, the capsules on his Belt hit the ground, releasing Emma and Eve. they saw the swaying blue light, and promptly looked away, avoiding its' effects. The two of them saw Eric get teleported away, and decided to split up. they faced towards each other, and exchanged some rapid-fire verbal communication. As soon as they finished, Emma let off an arc of electricity at Kenny, hitting him and shocking him awake.

"DYAGH!!! owowowowowow!"

Kenny saw the Light again, and quickly looked away from it. He then barked a command to his GAOs.

"Emma, Eve, get to that light's source without falling asleep, and deactivate it!"

Eve acknowledged his command, and then dug into the ground at the edge of the Tarmac, producing a Dust Cloud that covered the area, hiding the other three from view. While they were cloaked by dust, Kenny quickly grabbed the sleeping Ryu, and then ran from the Tarmac with Ryu in his arms. while this was going on, Emma followed Eve into the hole. when the dust settled, all four of them were out of sight of the Tarmac, with Kenny carrying Ryu quickly towards his fellow Cadets, while Eve and Emma tunneled towards the source of the light that Kenny had told them to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MOVES USED:

Emma: Thunder Shock (Used to wake up Kenny)

Eve: Dig (1st Turn) (Used to get to the Hypno while avoiding its Hypnosis)

Edited by K_H

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sid left the room as soon as the other cadets run off, in pursuit of someone.He finally catches up with the rest of the group in the tarmac,only to find them splitting up again.

"Vicious, light the way!" Sid commanded. Luxio's nodded as its tail glows, illuminating Sid's path like a flashlight."Don't worry ill cover up this part of the base, we'll get this son of a bitch, sooner or later." Sid said to the cadets and runs off through the western part of the base, along with his lynx and his frog by his side.

Lars sighed as he stood at the table.

"Looks like I'm the only one left..." he muttered, putting the sketchbook inside his coat. "...And that's no fun..."

He pushed in his chair as he left the table, slowly meandering away after the others, a bored expression again taking place on his face.

"Why can't I ever just have a break?"

“I’ll go with Sid,” Logan said. He figured it would be smarter for now to stay with someone since one of his GAO’s refused to listen. He released Ace and Flora and followed Sid’s lead.

Jory walked up next to Clint and nodded to the other trainer. "I'll stick with you. When we see this thing, let's give it all we've got!" the younger man said, grabbing Neffi and Oliver's capsules off his belt.

Kenny skidded to a halt when he reached Jory and Clint.

"Jory, Clint, i'm glad you two are here. I'll go with you two, and help out in any way i can once my other GAOs get back to me from what i'm having them attempt."

while he was speaking, Emma and Eve had gotten near the figure that had emitted the blue light that had put Ryu to sleep, and started tunneling upward towards its location. then, once they were partway there, they started making a small cavern underneath the location of the figure. they then created several connected access points to the bottom of the pit, and then started to weaken the structural integrity of the ground near the figure. Once the ground started to crack from the weight, Eve and Emma retreated into the Access Points near the bottom of the pit, and waited for the ground to crumble before they'd attack. Eventually, the ground underneath the Figure collapsed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MOVES USED:
Eve: Dig (2nd Turn) (used to make and activate a trap that targeted the Hypno)

Edited by K_H

A large sinkhole opened up around the Hypno as it continued to swing it's pendulum and unleash it's hypnosis... except that Eve had gone too far. The Sinkhole was far larger than was needed, and as the asphalt began to buckle and fall, several choppers and gun ships were caught in the trap, and fell to the bottom of the pit right along with the Hypno... though, in consolation, the GAO was crushed to death by the weight of the falling aerial vehicles... but damn, was there gonna be absolute hell for Private Holmes to pay for this little uh-oh later on...

Erick appeared in the northen part of the Bexley forest, just a few meters away from the Tarmac. He crept towards the asphalt, sending out his entire team. The group laid low in the foliage as the soldier scanned the area, trying to locate the opponent. Then he saw another swinging light, this one aimed at him and his party.

"Genisa..." he said. "Snap it's neck." there was no response. several more seconds passed, and Erick could notice his Gible beginning to have trouble staying awake. he shoke the thing awake, calling out angrily.

"What's the hold up?"

"Oh...wait..." Genisa said in his mind. "You were serious about that?"

"Hell yeah i was serious!" he shouted mentally. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"It's just that... you've never given a kill order before... I thought you were jo-"

"Look, Damnit!" he shouted aloud. he stood up angrily, having gotten fed up.

"you!" he pointed at his gible. "use that mouth attack on that light!" The GAO obeyed without question. it's jaw seemed to unhinge as it gathered a sphere of blue and black energy in it's throat, launching the thing like a rocket and sending it straight towards the light. A small explosion sounded and the light was gone. something could be seen moving in the darkness.

"Paralyze it!" Erick followed up. Beldum did as commanded, and the whatever the creature was, it lay still on the ground, twitching every few seconds. He turned his attention to Genisa. she obeyed this time without even having to be given the order again. Her eyes blazed scarlet, then the creature on the ground was lifted into the air, it's head turning sharply to the right before it fell back to the earth. The Red hue left her eyes as she looked at her handy-work, at what she'd been ordered to do. She hadn't really ever used her abilities to kill before, close to it a couple of times, but never anything that wouldn't eventually get better... though, this was the military. she had figured not long after being partnered with Erick that orders to kill both People and other GAOs would eventually be made... and that she'd have to carry them out... but still, it didn't lessen the feeling of the impact she had just caused, didn't take away the feeling of the life she had snuffed out. and she could feel it, literally. one second it was there, and the next it was gone in a burst of fear and then a second of pain...and then nothing.

"Let's get further in," Erick dictated, ending any opportunity she might have had to think about this. The young soldier crept onto the Tarmac, crouching low to ground and dashing from cover to cover, his party following behind. it wasn't long before he came to the large sinkhole in the lot, and damn near fell into it since it was so damn dark. The only thing that saved was the fact that his Gible had bitten onto the hem of his pants and pulled him back from the edge.

"Good god..." he muttered as he stared into the pit. "what the hell could've caused this?"

As sid and his party approached the Tarmac from the west, Viscous's tail light suddenly dissapeared as the Lion was engulfed in a light blue light and thrown against the side of a chopper by an unknown force. A pair of gleaming teal eyes could be seen blazing not far infront of the young soldier, and as he watched, his Croagunk also thrown in a similar matter, landing on the ground unconscious... and then the Private found himself being pinned to the side of a gunship by the same force... the set of glowing eyes were moving closer...

As Logan followed Sid, he saw all of this unfold...

As Kenny and Clint and Jory stood there at the entrance to the Tarmac, a huge CRASH! sound echoed out ,followed by the sound of a large amount of earth being moved... in front of the three men was a massive sink hole that had been opened by the actions of Kenny's GAOs. Needless to say, a few Aircraft Mechanics heard this loud noise and began to file out of a nearby office, approaching the Cadets and peering into the sink hole. One of them, a burly women in her mid forties, confronted the three of them.

"What in the sam hell is going on out here, Privates?" she demanded in a thick, southern accent. then she noticed the big as hell sinkhole.

"Mother of jesus!" she called in surprise. "What the hell happened!? what have you done!?"

Surge came down from the Officer's mess to find that the table where Fox1 had been sitting was now almost empty. He'd come to talk to them about what they were going to officially name their squadron... but it was kinda hard to do that when only two people were even here.

"Carter, Kaiser!" he called. "Where's the rest of the squad?"

Kenny heard the loud crash, and uttered a swearphrase as Eve and Emma came to him.

"G******t, Eve, you went way too far over-the-top. there will be H*ll to pay for me when we get back to base, and don't think that i won't be punishing you this time."

“Oh sh*t, get down!” Logan ordered his GAO’s while taking a dive. Ace and Flora did as they were told and all three of them watched the glowing eyes moving closer to Sid. “We need to help him; Flora use your razor leafs to draw that thing’s attention. Ace, get close and use your fire kick. GO!”

A set of sharp razors made its way towards the enemy while Logan waited for Ace to get in position. It didn’t take long for the monkey to set its leg on fire; the sign for Logan to make an attempt to reach Sid. If his fellow soldier was alright, they could increase their odds and fight two on one.

"Ugghh.. son of a--" Sid said while his back ache from that slam. "Glad you show up" Sid smirked as soon as Logan aids him. "Vicious help Ace out.. paralyze that thing..." The Lynx comply as it release a powerful roar and a spark of electricity jolt through the glowing eyes and paralyzing it(thunderwave),

A Strange laugh was heard as the Leaf attack struck the being, more pissing it off than actually inflicting injury. The glowing eyes turned their attention to Flora, hitting her with the same force it had used against Sid's party and tossing her through the air and into the woods. That's when Ace sneaked up and unleashed it's fiery kick to the back of the GAO's hamstring, effectively shearing the muscle and tissue and sending the thing toppling to the ground. it began to try to get up, only to find itself hit by a wave of paralyzing electricity, as well as getting another fiery kick, this one to the face. It was subsequently sent falling over the edge of the sink hole and landed on top of the wreckage at the bottom. The Force engulfing Sid faded away and the soldier was able to move again as Logan got closer.

​"HEY! You were asked a question by a superior officer, Cadet!" A male mechanic roared at Kenny. "You'd think your CO would've trained you to answer promptly! Now, what in the ever-loving fuck happened here!?"

"I apologize, it's just that one of my GAOs wen way too far over-the-top. In light of this incident, i know that there's going to be quite a bit of trouble when i get back to base. I accept full responsibility for the fact that my GAO, Eve, caused a ton of damage to the base."

"Carter, Kaiser! Where's the rest of the squad?"

Lars turned around to see Surge himself entering the room. He'd forgotten Lionel had even been there, he'd been so quiet. Still, it was good that Lars hadn't gotten too far away by this point. He figured Surge would be having words with the others later. He put a hand behind his head and gave an embarrassed smile as he answered.

"Well, I can't say I know for sure, sir, but I'll explain as best as I can. We were all sitting around here for a while, and a few of the others decided to have a battle of sorts, to get some practice in. Before they could start, one of Kenny's GAOs ran off. He followed after it, and next thing I knew, so was everybody else. Honestly, I don't see what the big deal was about a GAO running lose. One of them should have been enough to handle it."

“Well that worked better than I expected…” Logan muttered. He recalled a dizzy Flora back to her capsule. “What now?” he asked Sid. “I heard a huge crash earlier… Maybe we should go check it out?”

Logan made way towards the area he thought the huge area came from. It was pitch black so he used the fire on Ace’s tail as a small light source. “Hey Sid, weren’t there supposed to be aeri- WOOOAAAAHHH!!”

Distracted by the lack of aerial vehicles, Logan didn’t watch his step and fell down in something that appeared to be a sinkhole. And going by the size of missing equipment it had to be a pretty big one. Logan grasped his elbow. He had hit something sharp while falling down and was bleeding. “Sid, watch your step! It’s pretty deep!”

He got up, wobbling on the unsteady underground, and tried to find a way back up. What the hell happened here?

Edited by Chimchain

Clint looked over at the female officer and Kenny in disbelief. "You guys have got to be kiddiin' me. Can't you suckas see we're under attack here?!?! It's obviously a set up anyway, no way a little fox GAO could cause that kind of damage that fast. My bet's that the psychic thing did it to try and protect itself."

Edited by Supernovae

Surge looked at Lars and Lionel, face palming as he grumbled. why is it that today was the day where shit kept having to happen?

"Look... show me where they all went..." he snarled. It was obvious from the tone of his voice that he was gonna want to have a very long talk with them all. "And you better pray to God that none of them are drunk..."

Erick ran up to the lip of the crater, making sure not to fall this time. he could hear a familiar voice coming up from the bottom.

"Hey, Logan!" he called. "That you, man?" he looked around, wishing that he had some god damn flash lights or something... oh. wait... that's right. He reached into his pocket and retrieved the light there, flicking the beam to life and casting it down into the hole, stopping his sweep of the bottom when he finally found Logan.

"Are you fukcing kidding me!?" The male technician said. "Twice in a one freaking day!?" as he spoke, a muzzle flash could be seen from somewhere on the Tarmac, and the male technician fell to the ground as a stream of automatic fire tore across his chest and hit him squarely in the heart.

"Sir!" the burly female technician knelt by him, checking for a pulse... she looked up at the offer Aircraft Mechanics who had come out to investigate.

"Raise the alarms, and find the General" she ordered. "Fort Bexley is still under attack. There's a casualty already." they rushed off to fulfill her orders. Another muzzle burst fired off from the Tarmac as they did so, but luckily they all took cover and proceeded in stealth towards their objective. Though she hadn't been.

"Get some damn cover, Privates!" she roared as she clutched her bleeding shoulder and followed her own advice. she reached down to her belt and pulled off a capsule, sending out a large mammalian creature with a child GAO in it's front pouch. The Creature roared protectively as it fired a beam of fiery orange energy from it's mouth, using it to sweep the area where the muzzle flash came from...

Fortunately Sid stops as soon as Logan almost fell into that sinkhole, "Vicious," Sid said. The Lynx knew what to do and light his tail once more providing light as he ventures into the hole.. he followed Logan only to find Erick staring down at him on the other side. "Oy! Freeman...Did you find what we're looking for? we only found its pendulum swinging GAO."

Edited by typhlosionrulez

Kenny got behind cover. As he did so, Ryu woke up in his arms.

"Ryu, am i glad you're awake again. now, get a message to one of the higher-ups, we need backup ASAP!"

Ryu nodded, and then used his Aura to quickly let off an urgent message to the rest of the base.

We need reinforcements over at the Tarmac ASAP, We're under attack!

it was too unstructured for Humans to receive it as anything except for a strong burst of Static, but it was structured enough for any Telepathic GAO in the base to receive the following message:

...Need reinforcements.............Tarmac ASAP......under attack!