Surge Story: Chapter 2- "GAOWS" [Completed IC Thread]

Sutoratosu

Clint kept trudging towards the small outpost, which looked, from where he was, to be a small shack. As he kept moving he noticed a figure moving in the distance. Clint couldn't help but feel a bit of hope as he saw that the figure was approaching him, however he stayed on his guard, knowing full well some of the guards around here were the shoot first ask questions later type. "Hey man!" he called out to the figure approaching him, "Name's Private Clint Cannon, my ride broke down out here and I was wondering if there was some way I could hitch a ride back to the healing center."

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supernovae

Wellus struggled to hear the voice of the figure as he was buffeted by a howling wind. he did catch some words, though; a name, Clint Cannon.

The snow fall was beginning to get heavier gradually. Wellus was beginning to find it difficult to even spot the Figure through the mess. He continued walking over, then stopped halfway from Clint, seeing the Black and Grey Uniform on the young man's body...

Look, He thought irritably I don't have time to deal with Cadets...

He slung his rifle back across his shoulder, his fatigues regulating his body heat as he spoke to Clint.

"I don't know what the hell you're doing out here near the outskirts, Cadet, but you'd better come with me back to the Guard house. Things look like they're picking up out here... though a few hours ago it was seventy degrees and humid... Must be an act of God causing this snow..."

With that, he turned and began walking back towards the shack, not even looking behind him to see if the young man was following as he had ordered him to.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Ray stepped back, raising his hands defensively as the strange Hovering creature from the lake flew right across the air at him, only to lower them as he saw a burst of hot flames rushing up behind the thing, smirking...

The thing noticed his seemingly out of place smile, and turned tentatively to look behind it, seeing only a pair of fire-coated fangs as Salem chomped down hard on the thing's body, proceeding to slam it into the ground before tossing it away, substantially causing it to crash into a nearby tree and send the whole plant toppling over out of the ground. It got up off the frozen soil, however, floating above the hole that the tree's root system had once occupied.

Erick couldn't tell whether it had a face or not, but either way, this creature looked to be in a rage. he and his Beldum took a step back, hoping to put some distance between them and the conflict.

the Hovering being leaned backwards in the air, it's body glowing a pale blue as it was apparently charging another attack, Ray looked to Salem as another beam of icy-blue energy flew off the things body, much larger and brighter than the last, Thinking to himself

This thing... what ever it is, We have to stop it now before it can hit it's mark with that Beam thing it's firing off...

He called out to salem as the beam closed in on the Tiger, halfway to it's target now.

"Salem, use your hottest Flame!" The Arcanine obeyed without any question, opening its mouth, throwing it's head back as a ravenous Fire erupted inside the GAOs maw. it took a solid stance before throwing it's head back down, unleashing the greatest Fire attack it knew, a massive torrent of combustion issued forth from his mouth, meeting the blue beam and completely engulfing it before making it's way over to the Floating Creature, a sonic boom echoing as the mercilessly powerful blast hit it's mark, engulfing the being in a writhing ball of fire and smoke as it fell to the earth, screaming in a nearly human like tone.

The smoke cleared, and Erick looked over at the area, nothing there but the charred body of the Thing, several small fires smoldering on the bllackened and steaming earth that formed a ten foot circumference around it. part of the things body was still burning, a strange visible vapor visible as it did.

Ray looked to Erick as he recalled Salem.

"I want to clear something up..." He began simply

"I didn't send out Salem intending to kill that thing, I was looking to get it down so that it could be placed into a capsule and be studied..."

He looked over at the smoldering ground, then up to the sky as he noticed the Snow had stopped falling abruptly. he looked back at Erick.

"We've been finding... some disturbing things with recent GAO species..."

Erick looked at the Man, perplexed by what he meant.

"What's so disturbing about them?"

Niles looked out of his binoculars, the young private Remus at his side, rifle trained at where Niles was looking. The Corporal took the binoculars away from his face, a look of a mixture of Anxiety and Annoyance on his face. he turned his head to Remus.

"Remus..." He said "Sound the alarm... somethings out there... a lot of somethings..." the Private rushed to the other side of the Guard tower, lifting the glass panel and punching the scarlet button beneath, sounding off the Alarm Siren, the thing wailing as the Alert went out.

Remus lifted his binoculars back to his Eye's taking another gaze at the things gathering out side the gate and wall, seeing nothing abnormal but for several well camouflaged snow white hovering things, their shadows the only real sign that something was even there at all. He took his Binoculars away from his face once again, dropping them to the wooden floor of the Guard tower's observation deck, grabbing his Assault rifle from where it rested against the wall, training it on the things as the sirens wailed more and more and the Base came alive with battle preparations.

((Current time: 08:49 AM, not like it matters anymore...))

Edited by Stratos

"I don't know what the hell you're doing out here near the outskirts, Cadet, but you'd better come with me back to the Guard house. Things look like they're picking up out here... though a few hours ago it was seventy degrees and humid... Must be an act of God causing this snow..."

Clint nodded slightly at the guard. He usually would've made some kind of remark here, but he was just too damn cold. The guard was right, this was insane. Clint had spent many winters in New York, but he couldn't remember any time the weather had switched itself this rapidly. Clint quickly picked up his things and started following behind the guard. "Hey man, you got any hot cocoa at that guard house?" he asked through shivering breath, barely able to spit out the words.

Supernovae

"Hey man, you got any hot cocoa at that guard house?"

Wellus answered the Cadet without looking back, the snow growing even heavier as the two men walked

"Not a drop to be found. only the bare essentials were left in this old outpost..." His voice trailed off as Sirens sounded off in the distance. He took his rifle back of his shoulder, Turning to the Cadet, a sense of urgency in his eyes that hadn't been there prior

"Look, Nevermind about Hot Cocoa or the guard post!"

He turned his head, gazing at the base's front entrance, which was nearly invisible at such a distance and in such a snow drift with the winds so harsh, but he could see people spilling out of buildings, stumbling in the snow as some of them carried rifles in thier hands or tore sidearms from their holsters and rushed to the siren, he could even see the White flash of someone releasing their GAO.

he turned back to Clint yelling over the gale

"Listen up, Cadet, We've got to get over to the gates, Pronto!"

He dashed off, tearing his comm-link off his fatigue jacket and yelling into it.

"John, We've got Trouble at the Gates!"

But there was nothing but static... the Sergeant stopped running and turned around, gasping as he saw the old Guard Shake now covered with a thick sheet of Ice, the roof of the observation deck of the thing Cracked and splintered, an Enormous shape perched atop it, all but it's bare silhouette obscured by the storm. muzzle flashes could be seen coming from the deck along with the sound of rapid fire weaponry.

A shrill screech echoes forth, and the gun fire stops as a much smaller silhouette topples out of the observation deck, it's form shattering into shards as it hits the ground below. the large silhouette atop the shack extends what appear to be... Wings... and takes flight, disappearing into the ice storm which then grew even feircer

Wellus blinked back tears... he knew that had to be...

he was the only other one in the shack... it had to have been...

he cut the thought off as he yelled at the Cadet, HIS voice full of fury as he mentally prepared himself for a battle he knew would be coming.

"MOVE IT CADET! UNLESS YOU WANNA DIE LIKE THAT GOOD MAN JUST DID!"

All across the base, an announcement goes out echoing off every surface as General McCarthy's voice rang out

"CODE CRYO! I REPEAT, CODE CRYO! THIS IS A PRIORITY ONE THREAT! FORT BEXLY IS IN DANGER OF DESTRUCTION! ALL SQUADRONS AND ABLE BODIED INDIVIDUALS, REPORT TO THE FRONT ENTRANCE! I REPEAT, ALL SQUADRONS AND ABLE BODIED INDIVIDUALS REPORT TO THE FRONT ENTRANCE!"

Ray was about to answer Erick's question when the announcement sounded, piercingly loud, he had to cover his ears. he looked at the other man, wincing as the announcement ended.

"Nevermind," the Good Doctor said "We have to get to the gates!"

he dashed off towards the elevator, Erick following closely behind him as they both stepped into the still open doorway.

Niles breathed heavily as he opened fire on the small crowd of creatures that had assembled at the gate's exterior and begun trying to levitate other it. his shots hit their marks, but it seemed as if they simply ricocheted off the monstrosities, not a single one of them slowing their advance. Remus opened fire beside him, the two back to back as it was obvious that the things were organizing into waves. down in the crowd of Squadron members and various other residents of the base, gunshots and muzzle flashes also began ringing out as the Soldiers organized themselves into small firing squads under the direction of several high ranking officers, who in turn took out their side arms and also began firing at the invasion force.

He hit his gun on the side when it ran out of Ammunition in the clip, dislodging the empty thing and reaching into his belt for a new one. he stopped as he spotted a dark shape in the sky, a screech echoing out as the white terrors increased their pace. Niles reached and grabbed his commlink, contacting the General...

"Sir," he said hastily, finishing loading his weapon and firing with one hand as he operated his comm with the other

"There's one out here... A T.P.A.L. 1 needs to be declared!" the soldier took his hand off the comm link and focused on firing, not waiting for a response, but praying the General had heard him...

*no matter where you may be, no matter what you may have been doing, now is the time to drop whatever you're doing and follow orders, or die in a freezing hell.*

Edited by Stratos

Sid was inside the fort as he casually walks down the hallway making his way through his bunk. Suddenly he felt a chill in the air as the walls begins to moist "Man, they should really turn down AC on this thing, are they're going to freeze us to death?...brrrr" as he tucks his hands inside his side jean-pockets. He then heard noises coming from the outside, what seems to be a barrage of bullets being fired. "What th--?"

"CODE CRYO! I REPEAT, CODE CRYO! THIS IS A PRIORITY ONE THREAT! FORT BEXLY IS IN DANGER OF DESTRUCTION! ALL SQUADRONS AND ABLE BODIED INDIVIDUALS, REPORT TO THE FRONT ENTRANCE! I REPEAT, ALL SQUADRONS AND ABLE BODIED INDIVIDUALS REPORT TO THE FRONT ENTRANCE!!"

"Gunshots, now this? i don't think this is a drill.." he dashes through the hallway and pass through the elevator as it opens in front of him."Yo D-Ray!Erick! What the hell is going on?" Sid said hysterically.

Edited by typhlosionrulez

Kenny had just finished healing his Partners when the alarm sounded.
"CODE CRYO! I REPEAT, CODE CRYO! THIS IS A PRIORITY ONE THREAT! FORT BEXLY IS IN DANGER OF DESTRUCTION! ALL SQUADRONS AND ABLE BODIED INDIVIDUALS, REPORT TO THE FRONT ENTRANCE! I REPEAT, ALL SQUADRONS AND ABLE BODIED INDIVIDUALS REPORT TO THE FRONT ENTRANCE!"
Upon hearing this alert, Kenny yelled to his GAOs.
"RYU, EVE, LET'S GET OUT OF HERE!"
The three of them then promptly sprinted to the front entrance, arriving there before anyone else.

Edited by K_H

Jory looked toward the loudspeaker, panic evident on his face. Neffi turned to her Trainer. He had never seen Neffi being serious until her evolution and subsequent victory that day, but her expression carried no humor. Her teeth clamped down on Jory's wrist and she began tugging him toward the entrance to the mess hall. As they exited the room, Jory shook his hand loose from the Nidorina's jaws and sprinted for the gate. If the situation was as serious as McCarthy was making it out to be, then they might be required to aid the guards in fending off whatever it was that was attacking the base.

The pair arrived at the gates to find Kenny there, but no one else. "Hey, what's going on?! Are we under attack?" Jory asked the other cadet quickly as he reached for his belt and grabbed his other capsule, releasing Sampson from his ball. He snorted, a gout of embers coming from his muzzle.

Edited by Jory

"Not a drop to be found. only the bare essentials were left in this old outpost..."

Clint could barely let out a sigh before the whole base went in to high alert. Sirens sounded in the distance and people were pouring out of buildings. The guard turned to him and said something, but he could barely hear it. All he could do was witness as some strange creature froze over the very shack he was headed to moments ago. The scene was shocking to say the least. Clint had witnessed death before, but never at the hands of a force of nature itself. The snow had picked up and it felt as if the air itself had frozen over as the creature's wings extended and began taking the creature into the air. However it wasn't the cold that made him freeze it was the enormity of the beast. It just didn't seem natural something about it felt surreal, it was almost like witnessing the will of nature itself manifested into the form of a bird. He stood frozen, taking in the scene. "That bird ... it's so powerful..." he muttered to himself, but before he could finish the thought the guard barked an order loudly enough to overtake the wailing sirens.

"MOVE IT CADET! UNLESS YOU WANNA DIE LIKE THAT GOOD MAN JUST DID!"

Clint nodded to the guard and quickly began following. The air was still cold, almost too cold to move, but Clint's body began moving anyway. The adrenaline that now coursed through his blood was enough to make him feel warm, well warm enough to move that is. He didn't know where he was going, or what the guard had planned, but whatever happened he was ready for it. He didn't have a gun, Pimparella was out of commission, but damn it he had Rocky and he knew he'd be able to get his hands on a weapon if they were planning on fighting. His hand moved down to the sphere holding the Tyrogue, ready to throw him at a moments notice as Clint followed the guard.

"Shitshitshitshitshit. . ." Nathan repeated the expletive over and over as he returned the Charmeleon to its capsule. He looked around wildly for Icarus, who was, for lack of a better description, losing his mind. The dropping temperature seemed to have broken the Bagon mentally, as he was running about wildly, letting flames spew out of his mouth. Nathan recalled him after a few hurried attempts, then scrambled to the front gate to await orders. As he ran, he saw the faintest silhouette of a massive bird. There's no way that could be the thing that caused that storm. Could it. . . ? If it could cause a thunderstorm, who says it couldn't cause a blizzard too?

jory was the second to arrive at the front entrance.

"Hey, what's going on?! Are we under attack?"

Jory then Released Sampson.

"I don't know, but we've got to get out of here, whatever it is! If it can send the Army into Alert Mode, it's Very serious!"

this was evidenced by the fact that Ryu, who was usually more agressive than usual in the Cold Weather, was nervous in this snowstorm.

Edited by K_H

"Holy shit!" Lionel recalled Buddy and released Shadow again, the crow shivering because of the cold. "Listen, Shadow, I know you don't like the cold, but there's big trouble apparently! I might just need some protection, but Buddy can't keep up the pace when I'm running! Just try to fly to keep yourself warm!" And with that, he dashed off, Shadow flying right behind him.

As he reached the front entrance as he was asked to, he released Buddy again, and saw that Jory and Kenny with their respective GAOs were present. "Guys, what the hell is going on?"

Logan hurried over towards the front entrance with Crush behind him. He had spent the last couple of minutes trying to find a decent place to train Ace, when the alarm went off. He arrived just in time to hear Lionel ask what was going on. “Ya, that’s what I like to know,” Logan said while releasing Ace from his capsule. The energetic monkey jumped around, made a backflip and saw the evolved Nefertiti. Ace crawled curious in her direction before jumping on Jory’s shoulder to take a better look.

Logan sighed. "Sorry about that. Ace never takes anything serious, not even when the alarms are going off."

Edited by Chimchain

Typhlosionrulez

Dr. Ray turned to the other young man as he disembarked from the elevator, crying out hastily as he drew his own weapon from the holster at his back.

"We don't know whats going on, just get to the gates!" He dashed across the lobby and out of the doors into the blistering cold snow drifts outside, his white lab coat rippling in the wind as the doors were slammed shut behind him with a gust of wind.

Erick looked to Sid

"He's right, man... Right now we just gotta get to the gates!"

Erick rushed out of the doors behind Dr.Ray, into the blistering cold as well, leaving Sid standing alone in the Command central lobby as an assault rifle lay in a nearby chair, somehow forgotten by a soldier in their haste...

K_H, Jory, Bibarel, Chimchain, Murdoc

Lieutenant Maxwell Rinefelld noticed the five cadets arrive at the gates as ordered. he dashed into the ground level of one of the guard towers and grabbed five Rifles from the rack by the elevator to the observation deck, dashing back out into the fray and stopping in front of the cadets, holding a rifle out to each of them and forcing it into their hands

"No time for chitchat, Cadets!" He yelled over the wind "Now's the time where you prove yourself!"

With that done, he whipped out his Beretta M11 and resumed firing at the wave, adding into the chorus of gunfire that now sounded from the gates...

Military Police Officer Lieutenant Donavan Caraway dashed through the brig section of the interegation wing as the sirens sounded from up above, stopping in one particular as he passed... it was empty.... except for a pink blob on the floor... Caraway knew it was another one of those ditto things...

"SHIT...Where the hell did that traitor Matt Treasurer go? Must've pulled something in all the commotion..."

he sighed, knowing that there was really nothing he could do about this right now, not with the base under attack like this. he dashed towards the elevator that would bring him up to the ground level of Central command, thinking to himself

I'm going to find that treasonous little son of a bitch... and this time i'll put actual bullets in his legs... and maybe his temple too, while I'm at it...

*Meanwhile, on a nearby mountain overlooking the base...*

Matt Treasurer stood in his make shift camp site where he'd been living for the past half a year, his GAO partner, a species named "Hypno" standing beside him, watching the battle unfold in the distance. Treasurer was on a burner phone, calling to his home.

"This is Matt Treasurer," he began before dropping the phony perfect American English accent he had been using for the past two years, breaking into the Thick Russian Accent that was truly what his voice was.

"Otherwise known as Joseph Perchenkov, the best spy in Russian history."

a fellow servant of Mother Russia answered this on the other end, his voice thick with an accent as well

"Very Good, Agent Perchenkov. the fact that we are receiving this call means that you have unleashed the Beast of Siberia upon those foolish Americans in Fort Bexly, yes?"

Perchenkov smiled as he answered

"Yes, that is true. they are fighting it as we speak. You should see them, how they think their guns and missiles will work against it. even though it is not the true Beast of Siberia, this impostor has all the same might. and glory..."

"Excellent, Agent Perchenkov. You are truly deserving of your title. even if you were only given it post humorously."

That last remark brought back memories to Perchenkov's mind... memories of his death at the hands of African Islamic militants thirty years ago... of how they had captured him as he headed for extraction and tortured him to death slowly... and memories of how he had opened his eyes once again, back in a laboratory in his homeland... of the small green creature that floated with tiny wings... of the doctors telling him that they had saved him from his death thirty years ago by bringing him to the present... of how the Russian President, Vladimir Petroski, had come in and given him a mission debriefing file... and told him that he was being given another chance to serve Mother Russia, to die once again for her if necessary...

He pushed the memories away, concentrating on his current mission. he spoke into the receiver of the phone

"This mission was not very hard... the Americans have dropped the ball with their thoroughness since the war in Africa. It was easy enough for me to come here and get into their army and play my cards right so that I was reassigned here by them... and when they eventually found out, it was for a much lesser reason than my mission... they had no idea they had captured a Russian operative... but those Blobs I brought with me from Homeland, those came in very handy. I left one in my cell and manipulated the guards into releasing me through hypnotic suggestion. those Americans are arrogant fools for thinking that they are so clever, using these little beast for the army as we Russians have been doing for past six years. now that this is occuring, they will have to cover it up..."

The voice on the other end finished the idea

"And we will find their cover up. and we will reveal it and finally be able to declare war on these arrogant bastards... they made Mother Russia look weak by offering their aid in the African wars... we shall declare war, and drive them into the ground and once more become Global Super Power!"

Perchenkov laughed in glee along with the man on the other end of the line

"Yes, Global Super Power we will be once more!"

Niles hoisted the RPG onto his shoulder, taking aim at the thing in the sky, whose silhouette was the only thing visible in this storm. he yelled out to remus as the younger man came up the ladder carrying the shells for the weapon

"Hurry it up, Remus!"

the young man ran over carrying the crate, setting it down and busying himself loading a rocket into the armament... as down below the fighting grew even fiercer as the combined fire power of the crowd seemed to be able to do some actual damage to the wave now...

Edited by Stratos

As the Murkrow landed on Lionel's shoulder, he looked at the other cadets. "Well, I must say that escalated quickly. Are we also supposed to use our GAOs?" He patted the head of his Slowpoke. "Because I wouldn't like it if they got hit by some bullet and get killed."

"Hey wait someone forgot thei--" as Sid yelled at the two men dashing through the corridor.He picks up the riffle and checks for ammunition "Cool, it's loaded, he.he.. finders keepers." as he grins.Sid release his GAOs and kneels down on one knee. "Ok huddle up, Look i don't know what where facing out there but it seems dangerous, better stick together. Smoke! provide cover with your smokescreen then stay behind me ok? don't wanna you get caught in the crossfire." as he looks at Horsea "Vicious stay close to me and don't let anything get to me..ok?" as Sid and his GAO runs through the halls.

Jory chuckled at the small simian on his shoulder despite the seriousness of the situation. "It's alright. He's just curious. I am as well, actually. I haven't really seen much of what Neffi can do since she evolved." Upon hearing her name, the newly evolved GAO let out noise similar to a bark.

Suddenly, another solider ran up to the group and handed them assault rifles. Jory popped the clip out to ensure it was loaded before putting it back in the gun, cocking it. He slung the strap over his shoulder and whistled, his GAOs standing at attention at the agreed-upon signal. Jory took a deep breath. No one else at the gate seemed to know what to do. "Alright, squad, listen up!" he began, addressing his fellow cadets. "Fort Bexly is under attack from an unknown threat. All we know is that they really seem to like this sudden cold. So let's heat'em up! Sampson, I want you to use your Embers to hit these guys from range! Logan, have Ace do the same! We can beat them back. This position will not fall. Are you with me?" Jory shouted over the whipping wind as Sampson whinnied in assent, beginning to sweep the oncoming wave with his Ember attack. Jory waited for a response, his knuckles white on the barrel of his gun.

"Ryu, defend us from those oncoming GAOs that get too close for comfort! Eve, you help the other GAOs defend us! I'll try to keep them at bay long enough for the rest of us to get out of here!"

And with that, the three of them joined the defending forces. Kenny checked his rifle to see if it was loaded (Which it was), Turned off the Safety, Aimed, and then fired his rifle repeatedly at the oncoming waves of enemy forces, Ryu stayed close to and defended the Defenders from the Enemy GAOs that got too close, glowing Orange, and Eve prepared to place her paw on Ace.

(OOC: Ryu used Counter, and Eve used Helping Hand.)

Edited by K_H

A fearsome shout sounded as an immense torrent of fire descended from the air behind the Crowd of Soldiers holding the gates, echoing with a Sonic boom as it hit it's mark in the wave of White Creatures, a ball of Flames erupted.

mw2-explosion-snow.jpg

Several Soldiers stopped firing and turned around, spotting Dr.Ray Running towards them, his GAO, Salem, leaping out of the air into the crowd of White terrors and beginning to blaze in a white hot fire as it unleashed more hellish blasts at the invading creatures, causing the entire advancing Front to become disorganize as the creatures began to panic in the presence of the Tiger

Ray slowed to a jog as he called out orders, though he technically had no military rank and therefore no authority what so ever over the squadrons and soldiers, not that Anyone was going to bring up that fact at this moment...

"Send your GAOs out!" he called, a bit of disgust in his voice

"Why the hell are you all just relying on fire power!?"

Erick ran up behind Ray as many of the soldiers reached to their belts and sent out the GAOs in white burst of light that reflected of the snow... before long, the crowd defending the Gates had grown much larger, now bolstered by the GAOs being sent out by their handlers.

Ray looked up to the sky as the GAOs engaged the invading waves outside the gate, having much more success than merely shooting had...

In the snow filled sky, he saw a massive dark shape that resembled a bird... and then his attention was stolen away as a projectile fired from one of the guard towers, sailing right for the creature in the air...

Niles watched as the RPG round he had fired soared through the sky towards the bird shape, praying that it would find it's mark... he had the feeling that this thing was the ring leader for some reason he couldn't explain.

But his hopes were shattered as the beast smoothly flew out of the way of the projectile, letting out a fearsome screech as it then descended towards the base, swooping high above the Defenders heads and circling around, heading for the guard tower as if to attack...

it's form became visible for the first time as it's body began to glow a bright blue and a ball of energy began to gather at it's beaked mouth...

tumblr_n57zo6WxF61s2i16to1_1280.jpg

Another Screech echoed out as the ball became a thick, powerful beam, sailing right for the top of the Guard tower and exploding in a cold blue light as it hit...

The last sight that Corporal James Niles, age 25, saw in this world was a flood of pale blue light...the last thing he felt was a merciless freezing pain as the tower was engulfed by a strange energy... a pain so terrible that he could not even scream...

Private Arnold Remus, age 20, faced a similiar fate, his eye's tearing up as he saw the pale light... he had but one thought in his mind before impact...

I'm... i'm going to die... I'm sorry... Mom... Alisa... I broke my promise... I'm sorry...

the observation deck reduced to splinters by the force of the blast, two bodies were thrown through the air by the impact, landing in the wave of white and disappearing as the Beast ascended back into the Storm of ice and disappeared from sight once again.

Ray looked up to the heavens as the bird vanished... he had known both of the soldiers in that tower...

He felt a rage rise within him as he called out in a fury, grieving the deaths of his two friends just now, a tear could be seen in the corner of his eye.

"DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!"

he stood there, shaking... then he raised his gun to the sky, and fired off, round after round after round... such a monotonous sound...

the man let out a primal scream of mixed emotions as he continued his firing rampage, with enough determination and wrath it was as if he was trying to kill God himself with those rounds he sent into the atmoshpere... in his mind, this was now a personal war between him and that bird...

Surge had arrived just in time to see one of the guard towers near the entrance be destroyed by a huge bird... and Ray losing his mind as the man fired up into the sky, tears streaming down his face. then surge remembered his old friend, James Niles, had been assigned to man the tower this shift... and he knew what Ray must be going crazy about...

He tore the assault rifle off his shoulder, bringing it to the ready in his hands, he popped off the safety, then reached to his belt and sent out Infantry in a burst of light, the Flareon spewing out a shower of sparks as it landed on the snow covered ground...

Surge let out a battle scream as he charged forward, firing at the invasion force, Infantry following at his heels, beginning to cloak itself in flames as it dashed past it's owner and leapt into the crowd, beginning to tear several of the white creatures apart, sending entrails flying as it went into a complete frenzy... and it was joined in this frenzy by Salem, whose white hot blaze seemed to increase both creatures aggresion.

Surge stopped firing as he saw the bird reappear high in the icy sky... as did all the other soldiers, though their GAO partners continued to engage the invasion, various strange attacks and beams of power flying through the air as the white crowd was slowly being reduced.

Surge walked forward to the front of the crowd, then pivoted, turning to look at them all. all the soldiers returned his look in silence. he spoke as the battle raged behind him.

"How many here... knew James Niles?"

Almost every soldier raised their hand

"How many of you, were friends with James Niles?" Surge asked next, raising his own hand this time

again, the hands go up

"Alright then..." He said, pointing to the thing in the sky and yelling in pure wrath

"HOW MANY OF YOU WITNESSED HIS MURDER AT THE HANDS OF THAT THING JUST NOW!?"

no hands went up... instead, a single soldier stepped forward, his rifle in his hands

"I did." he said

another one

"I did"

another

"I witnessed it."

another and another... until Surge finally gave the motion to stop.

"So it's safe to say... that we all are witnesses to James' murder... Are we going to let the thing that did this get away? or are we going to become advocates for our dead friend? are we going to bring his killer to justice!?"

The soldiers cried out in a chorus, guns raised

"YES, WE WILL!"

with that, surge turned around, seeing as the last of the white wave was destroyed by the soldiers GAOs, the bodies of the once hovering creatures on the ground, many burning or bleeding some strange liquid... in some places, there was naught but ashes and charred earth.

He looked up the creature in the sky, it was now the last threat to the Base... this giant bird... this thing that had just killed a man who had been a very good friend to many of those in Bexly... behind him, those who were on the same squad Niles had been, Scorpion 12, stepped forward, backing up the Staff Sergeant, there rage becoming his, and his theirs... and it flowed through the crowd as well as Surge tossed his fire arm to the frozen earth, the soldiers behind him doing the same. they all looked up. he spoke spoke three simple words...

"THIS ENDS NOW!!"

with that, the soldiers echoed his declaration as the bird swooped down again, screeching as it headed for the base, and the soldier's GAOs picked up on their handlers emotions and began to unleash their various attacks on the thing as it closed in...

This... is the true fight... it is all or nothing... be sure not to choose the latter

Edited by Stratos

Ryu was scared by the Giant Bird when it re-appeared, so he yelped in surprise and dove under Kenny for cover. Kenny noticed this and started to speak.

"Ryu, what's gotten int-"

Kenny then stopped as he realized just what was going on, and he got somewhat upset.

"Guys, that Monster is a Flying Type GAO! No wonder Ryu is scared out of his mind!"

Kenny then turned to Eve and Ryu.

"Eve, go help Infantry and Salem defeat that monster! Ryu, get out there and help Eve, Infantry, and Salem in any way you can! Both of you, give it all you've got!"

Both of Kenny's GAOs nodded, although Ryu did so somewhat reluctantly, and then all three of them prepared for Battle. Eve went next to Infantry and Salem, and prepared to place her paws on both of them. Kenny then yelled out to the Cadets and Soldiers.

"I think that this Monster is a Dual Flying and Ice Type, so this is most likely your time to shine, those of you who have Fire, Electric, Steel, and especially those of you who have Rock Type GAOs! We cannot let this base fall!"

Kenny then looked up at the Creature. a fire of rage burned in his eyes.

I will get rid of you, and then I'll find the ones who unleashed you on the Base, and get rid of Them, too.

Kenny then went next to Surge and Ray, turned to the gathered troops, and yelled out the following phrase:

"I WILL STAND AND FIGHT THIS ABOMINATION ALONGSIDE SURGE AND RAY! WHO'S WITH US?!"

he then turned back towards the Bird, aimed at it with his Rifle, and then emptied his clip at it, and reloaded.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

MOVES USED:

Eve (100% HP left): Helping Hand

K_H

"I think that this Monster is a Dual Flying and Ice Type, so this is most likely your time to shine, those of you who have Fire, Electric, Steel, and especially those of you who have Rock Type GAOs! We cannot let this base fall!"

Lt.Rinefell watched as the Cadet surprisingly took charge and began calling out advice before ordering his GAOs to assist... it was impressive to see such drive in one still in training... hell, most of the soldiers here had just for the most part of the battle been shooting... not trying to figure out an efficient method to end this mess.

I'll have to make sure I mention this to the General... he thought to himself as he actually took the Cadets advice on exploiting the Affinity Trump System

He reached to his belt, sending out his partner, a GAO species called "Golem"

Golem_by_RtRadke.jpg

Then ordered it to begin generating Stones and tossing them at the beast over head, which it followed with out hesitation, the Thing let out a screech in pain as the blows found their mark, but it looked to have angered it more than injured. the thing circled around the crowd and let out another Screech, this one of rage as it altered it's flight path and swooped down towards the crowd at a different angle.

All in the crowd, Soldiers called their GAOs over and then began taking the advice of the msyterious voice that they had heard echo up... it was a bit youngish sounding, but from what it had said, they just assumed it to belong to a high ranking officer. soon various effective moves are sent towards the beast, though it manages to dodge most of them...

General McCarthy Ordered his GAO, a species named "Magmar"

c9902a43e6768578dce99c5bda5d3c80_thumb.j

to unleash a torrent of flames at the advancing hovering creatures...

He'd been on his way to the front gates when he noticed that the things were beginning to gather around the east and western enrty ports as well, and he had no choice but to order all of the soldiers around him, who were also heading to the front, to split themselves into two coalitions and hold the enemy back from breaking though... now the fighting was fierce at both secondary gates, with gunshots and various GAO attacks sounding off.

his Magmar obeyed it's master, rushing atop the wall next to the eastern port and letting a hot bout of fire escape it's lips, charring some of the White monstrosities trying to infiltrate. McCarthy watched as the Guard tower was destroyed... and though it was quite a distance away, he could see a blonde haired soldier with a red beret rallying the troops and then attacking the huge bird that had been reported to him by Niles before his death at the hands of the very creature he had warned the general about...

But the fighting was poor... random, un co-ordinated GAO attacks... then he noticed that they suddenly got much more effeicient as mostly giant rocks or electric blast or torrents of flame now went up in the beast direction... though they seemed to be missing their marks due to the massive thing's speed.

His attention was stolen away as a white terror managed to get atop the wall and tackled his Magmar, sending it off balance and tumbling towards the earth. he whipped out the capsule and recalled it, saving it from the landing before taking out his beretta and putting to shoots into the thing, bringing it down. he then addressed the soldiers engaged around him

"Come on!" he cried

"Let's give these bastards hell!" with that, he picked up a fallen machine gun and opened fire, not noticing a certain young man dressed in black and gray in the distance... a small black lion-like GAO at his side...

Edited by Stratos

Clint was still following behind Wellus closely, however he now knew where they were going .. back to the front gate. As Clint turned the corner he could see several of the other army men, including his fellow cadets ready to engage in battle against the monstrous ice bird. He heard Kenny yell out that Rock types would be effective, so he knew his plan and he could only hope she had rested up enough in her pokeball.

Clint reached in to his pocket and tossed out two balls one labeled 'Onix' the other 'Tyrogue.'' The balls hit the ground, and white spheres emerged out and quickly revealed the shape of the massive rock snake and his tiny fighter. As Pimparella surfaced from the ball, she let out a huge roar, clearly like Clint she was now ready to face the cold. "Alright, Pimparella I know you don't like the cold, so just help out as long as you can. Keep smashing that ice monster with rock throws." The Onix roared, rearing back and shooting off a massive rock aimed at the monstrous bird. And you," Clint now turned his attention to the tiny fighter, who's eyes showed a thirst for battle, "Keep any attackers off Pimparella." The Tyrogue nodded as it prepared itself to fight off any leftover attackers.

Sid finally makes it unto the battlefield to regroup with his fellow cadets and witness the horrors of war as he saw the giant ice bird freezing and killing everyone in sight. "Shittttttttt!" fear struck into his heart. He addresses his GAO "Ok, don't wanna go all braveheart on this cause that will be foolish. it seems the main objective is take down that ice bird, so Smoke I'm counting on you provide cover. blind that thing in the eyes BUT wait for my signal! Vicious even tho you have the type advantage, can't risk you having there in close range. just wait here till that thing is on the ground and be on guard."

"Alright everyone is doing there part! Smoke cover us and wait till you get in range so you can blind that sucker right in the eyes!" Sid shoots away his riffle as the field was cover in a thick fog making harder for the icy bird to see from above.

skill use: Smokescreen

Articuno

The beast, it's name Articuno, not that any of these pathetic humans knew that, banked hard to the left as a rock snake began throwing rocks at it at such velocity it actually had a hard time timming it's movements to evade it.

several minutes ago, this had been easy... it could go about wreaking as much havoc as it so pleased... as it's master had ordered it to destroy this facility...

but somehow... these humans had gotten stronger.. their attacks were far more ferocious now... far better chosen... it was not often that the beast was struck by an attack, but when it did, it stung every time... The beast managed to dodge this latest round of stones being tossed into the sky, but it's evasive action had caused it to fly straight into the path of a powerful electric blast, hitting the bird on it's leg...

It could no longer feel the limb, but it ignored this... it had it's mission... it's master had sent it to take down this area, and it was hell bent on doing that...

It let out another screech as it decided it's current strategy was not working, leaning backwards and beginning to flap it's glorious wings with all it's might, willing for the air to turn bitter and cold... it would clear these pesky fools out of it's path one way or another...

on the ground

A immensely powerful gust of wind blew from the Beast, buffeting the defenders of the gate and sending the paneling of the roof of the remaining guard tower flying through the air and becoming deadly projectiles. several soldiers were picked up of their feet and sent flying backwards as the beast flapped it's wings with even more fury, generating an even stronger gust of wind and causing the air to drop to an even colder temperature, the gust blew away the smokescreen Sid had ordered his partner to make... more and more soldiers were picked up and blown away, those left standing either lay low on the ground or taking cover behind structures... many soldiers GAOs had either been recalled or had been blown away as well, laying unconscious just like many of their masters.

The six Cadets had all taken refuge behind various buildings as the fiercesome windstorm tore through the defenders of the front gate, being sure to take their GAOs with them as they took cover.

Surge lay on the ground, covering his neck with his hand as his face went numb from being in direct contact with the snow. he stole a galnce at the beast, seeing it still flapping furiously... then it stopped, let out a shrill screech, and it's body began glowing a bright blue as a ball of energy fromed in it's mouth like last time... like when it had killed Niles and Remus... Surge sprang up. Infantry, who had been smart and took shelter behind a building, rushed to his masters side, awaiting orders he knew would come. Surge thrust out his arm in an authoritative matter... he was quite literally the last of the Defenders of the front gate still standing.

He called out his orders to infantry as the ball in the huge birds mouth grew larger...

"Infantry, FIRE!" The Flareon answered immediately, digging it's paws into the earth, stabilizing itself as it began charging up a bout of combustion in it's mouth...

Salem

nearby, Salem Came to... he'd been picked up by the wind storm and sent flying... he had fallen unconscious upon landing. he could feel a sharp pain in his front right leg and side... he looked around, spotting his master, Dr.Ray, nearby... along with Erick....the men were unconscious and sprawled in the snow... looks like they were picked up by the winds as well...

The Arcanine looked to the front entrance... seeing Surge and Infantry there, the last two standing against the bird... the tiger limped over, finding it too painful to put a lot of weight on his paw... he focused and willed his body to become cloaked in white hot flames as it had been before... it took two attempts, but finally he managed to get the fire hot enough... he began focusing power into his maw, a ball of hot flames flickering there...

He aimed at Infantry, and unleashed his strongest attack, a white blast of pure fire... Infantry had an ability to gain strength from being in the presence of fire... as did he himself... he intended for his friend to gain the strength needed to strike that beast down... for the both of them. he saw as the blast hit the Flareon, engulfing it in the same white hot fire as had cloaked Salem, then the arcanine shut it's snout, the world blackening as it fell to the snow covered earth, it's consciousness fading once again...

Infantry

Infantry could feel as a new power surged through his entire body, glowing white hot with fire... the ball of coalised flames in his mouth grew far larger and brighter, it was actually struggling to control it... in his periphery vision, he could see Salem collapsing to the ground, and he knew it was from him that this boosted strength had come from... he could sense it. the Flareon took aim at the Bird in the sky, his eyes and heart filled with a fury for those fallen, Human and GAO both... they were all in this fight together... they would all die together if this thing wasn't stopped... and Infantry knew this. He let out a fierce howl as the blast escaped his lips, hurtling right towards Articuno... he was actually straining to keep himself planted on the ground from the force of his own attack

Articuno

Articuno felt as the blast of white hot flames caught it right in the center of the chest as it was preparing to rise into the heavens and cirle around for an attack with the beam it had been forming.. it loosed the beam into the sky on accident as it's whole body was racked in pain... it felt as if hell itself had been unleashed... the fire licked and burned... it consumed flesh... the bird did the only thing it could thing to... it rose into the heavens and soared above the cloud layer, the blizzard ending as it retreated... it broke out of the clouds a while later, spying a garden... it descended and perched itself upon a frozen pound, a charred carcas of one of it's followers at its feet. it leaned down and ate it, then it's body glowed a pale white as it began to try and recover some strength, it's burns still very painful...

at the front gate

Surge cursed under his breath as the thing flew off out of sight... he turned around... he knew that some of his squad was refuged behind buildings

"Fox1," he cried

"Get out here, front and center! we've got a monster to chase down!"

at the lesser gates

McCarthy grinned as he watched a blast of white fire hit the bird, then as it flew off... he turned to see the waves backing down and retreating into the forest...

Good... He thought

Now to find that bird

like a good general, he took survey of the battle aftermath...

it wasn't good... at the front gate, he saw only surge and his GAO still standing... all others were on the ground... he looked at the men he'd personally led... and realized they hadn't faired much better...

Sighing, he failed to see many men even standing still... then he noticed six cadets kneeling behind buildings

Well... better than nothing...

The general called out to those still standing around him

"Tend to the wounded! and count the dead..."

The soldiers scrambled to fulfill his orders as he walked over towards Surge and the cadets, the machine gun he'd wielded resting on his shoulder.

Edited by Stratos