Easy way to "win" the Ditto-Arceus battle(and possibly other ridiculous single-bosses)

Dban1

When battling the Ditto-Arceus, most of you here would not want to lose to that "el" dude. However you may not be able to walk the talk due to "some" difficulties. However, from this thread onwards, I can guarantee that you will be able to defeat him if you are willing to get cheeky.

Requirements:

1. Pokemon with Sturdy (at most 20 HP)

2. At least 40 potions to be safe

3. Patience (which those of you who have lost to him a billion times would have by now, being able to defeat him)

Procedure:

1. Using Common Candy, or any way possible, get a pokemon with sturdy and at most 20 HP. Try to level him to one. [The mountain at Apophyll beach has plenty of Geodudes]

2. Before fighting El, put the pokemon in the front, with full HP.

3. Engage in battle, and just keep using your potion every turn. Each potion will heal him up to full health again, allowing sturdy to reactivate.

4. Wear him out, let Arceus use up all his PP. You know when he's running low on moves when he recovers with full HP.

5. Let him struggle. If you want to take the risk, you can let your Sturdy pokemon faint and swap in another pokemon to gain the experience.

The end. Rinse and repeat for possible future single bosses.

Nice strategy! I used Destiny Bond but this works too

I was so close to being able to use Destiny Bond but my Gengar was outsped

What worked for me was to give Crobat a Focus Band, keep reloading until it survives a hit so it can use Screech, then send out a Scrafty which can tank a hit and use High Jump Kick with a held Fighting gem. reKt

miror coat just work because arceus only got sp.atk move. if you face a physical atk or a drak type, it won't work. but from now on, we got anther PERFECT pkm for these situations, namely WOBUFFET :v :v (sash or band- anything you like)

When battling the Ditto-Arceus, most of you here would not want to lose to that "el" dude. However you may not be able to walk the talk due to "some" difficulties. However, from this thread onwards, I can guarantee that you will be able to defeat him if you are willing to get cheeky.

Requirements:

1. Pokemon with Sturdy (at most 20 HP)

2. At least 40 potions to be safe

3. Patience (which those of you who have lost to him a billion times would have by now, being able to defeat him)

Procedure:

1. Using Common Candy, or any way possible, get a pokemon with sturdy and at most 20 HP. Try to level him to one. [The mountain at Apophyll beach has plenty of Geodudes]

2. Before fighting El, put the pokemon in the front, with full HP.

3. Engage in battle, and just keep using your potion every turn. Each potion will heal him up to full health again, allowing sturdy to reactivate.

4. Wear him out, let Arceus use up all his PP. You know when he's running low on moves when he recovers with full HP.

5. Let him struggle. If you want to take the risk, you can let your Sturdy pokemon faint and swap in another pokemon to gain the experience.

The end. Rinse and repeat for possible future single bosses.

this is so much patience. if you want to use this strategy, i got another better combo: use whimsicott with prankster leech seed, let it die. then send someone with sturdy and endeavor move. one-turn-kill (endeavor make sure your opponent got 1 HP left, and it will drain to you with leech seed, even leftover regen can't save it)

miror coat just work because arceus only got sp.atk move. if you face a physical atk or a drak type, it won't work.

Metal Burst works with any type of attack, special or physical, just sayin'

miror coat just work because arceus only got sp.atk move. if you face a physical atk or a drak type, it won't work. but from now on, we got anther PERFECT pkm for these situations, namely WOBUFFET :v :v (sash or band- anything you like)

this is so much patience. if you want to use this strategy, i got another better combo: use whimsicott with prankster leech seed, let it die. then send someone with sturdy and endeavor move. one-turn-kill (endeavor make sure your opponent got 1 HP left, and it will drain to you with leech seed, even leftover regen can't save it)

Holy crud, I should have done that ;-;

Metal Burst works with any type of attack, special or physical, just sayin'

i knew that :v :v, but the fact is bastiodon is totally shitty in-game or competitive, i don't eve mind using it. if you just use him to deal with these situations, and it can do nothing else beside this, so i don't understand at all. but magnezone and wobuffet is totally different. their usefulness is WAY BETTER (one can trap, and one can kill things). another candidate for your strategy is aggron. it's good in-game, and it can learn both endeavor and metal burst. but Rock Head+ Head Smash >>>>>>>> Sturdy + metal burst. so....it's your choice @@

Well what I did to win my battle was just use Steelix to spam Iron Tail to get as many defense drops as possible before dying and then use Primeape to Close Combat him down. With the defense drops Close Combat does around 60% damage which overpowers Recover and locks Arceus into spamming Recover before dying. The only catch is that I had to hope Arceus used Focus Blast and missed which is what happened the first time.

So besides the method you presented in general for this strategy you want something to lower Arceus's defenses before going down and then switching into your fighting type which can hopefully overpower Arceus's recover with its STAB fighting type move.

Edited by Infinix

Haha I forgot to tell you guys that my geodude immediately levelled back up to 34 after he defeated Arceus