So, you wanna play Pokemon Reborn...

Timber Dragon

this actually got me pumped to play this and this was also a good warning,grea work my friend,and keep your head up,you'll win eventually ^_^

In Reborn, There isn't such thing as "Winning" There is only losing, or not losing anything. You Can't win in reborn, but that's what makes it fun.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

originally, when i first played through this game, i got pretty far i think. i was fighting noel back in my first file. but then my computer was lost and I elected to try again. For some off reason, this time around everything went swimmingly. Julia was a breeze with curse grotle and meowstic, flobot took me like 50 tries (not sure if they count since they were reset. Basically i would save before the gymleader, try to fight, and when i lost i reset, and tried different strategies. not sure if those count), then the next gym leader, corey maybe?, same story as flobot. then the next ones were easy because thunder wave plus electro ball is fucking broken, because nothing takes that lightly unless theyre ground or another electric type. basically this run was way easier, expect for the 3 circus leaders. fucking ciel. fucking samson. i only beat samson because my sharpedo got a crit powerful bounce on his bs lv 70 conkelldurr. and terra was.... meh. but still hard. was my team suited for them since i knew what to expect? or did i generally get better from playing beforehand?

originally, when i first played through this game, i got pretty far i think. i was fighting noel back in my first file. but then my computer was lost and I elected to try again. For some off reason, this time around everything went swimmingly. Julia was a breeze with curse grotle and meowstic, flobot took me like 50 tries (not sure if they count since they were reset. Basically i would save before the gymleader, try to fight, and when i lost i reset, and tried different strategies. not sure if those count), then the next gym leader, corey maybe?, same story as flobot. then the next ones were easy because thunder wave plus electro ball is fucking broken, because nothing takes that lightly unless theyre ground or another electric type. basically this run was way easier, expect for the 3 circus leaders. fucking ciel. fucking samson. i only beat samson because my sharpedo got a crit powerful bounce on his bs lv 70 conkelldurr. and terra was.... meh. but still hard. was my team suited for them since i knew what to expect? or did i generally get better from playing beforehand?

It depends, the game has gotten much easier, i started with a little turtwig like you, except i had a breeze with corey. You probably got better from experience though, i know i did. Throughout the whole game, i was always 10 levels below EVERY gym and i still win with pure strategy alone. I beat terra, with level 50 pokemon. But you can't win this game even if you know what exact moves and the exact chances and damage the opponent will do. Like a lot of people have said before me, you can't be prepared for reborn, its so difficult that levels, even level 100s won't help you, strategies win games. When i fought noel, i lost every time to clefable, and when i just changed one move to another, i won. Goes to show how different each play through of reborn is. I had no idea where I'm going with this, but I'm rolling with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

I am looking to play this game for the first time, approx how long is it currently as i still have some school stuff to do if it is too long i may wait a while before i start

13 badges. According to the front page current version is approximately 48 hours long, but of course it could be shorter or longer depending on your playstyle. At the end of E15 my playtime was exactly 77 hours.

I am looking to play this game for the first time, approx how long is it currently as i still have some school stuff to do if it is too long i may wait a while before i start

I also found the game to take around 80 hours but that included grinding up a lot of pokemon!

I think how many hours it takes you depends on you yourself and what you end up doing. My playthroughs did have at least 60 hours, though, so I'm guessing 80+ isn't that far off. That said, you should definitely play the game, even if you must take your time!

• 4 weeks later...

hey everyone, i just discover this pearl now and im very excited from what im seeing :P ...i have just a quick question, there are any pokemon u still cant get in this game, cause i checked the "obtainable pokemons" page and saw some not yet in-game pokemons, but while browsing the forums i could see some signatures with that same pokemons...so is the page outadet or something?

thx

hey everyone, i just discover this pearl now and im very excited from what im seeing :P ...i have just a quick question, there are any pokemon u still cant get in this game, cause i checked the "obtainable pokemons" page and saw some not yet in-game pokemons, but while browsing the forums i could see some signatures with that same pokemons...so is the page outadet or something?

thx

Some Pokemon were axed, so they used to be in-game, but they were thought as too powerful and taken out (like Gastly, since Gengar is pretty strong). Those people probably got their Pokemon before they were taken out.

hmm i see, its a pitty...i was really hoping u could get them all :P any plans on reintroduce them?? i dont mind not having the "legendaries" but i dont understand why some like larvitar or darkrai aren't here...anyway gonna give it a try for sure ;)

Edited by RC_PT

Just deleted the program.

The reason is simple: if I play pokemon, I expect to be able to catch them all, in a way or another. But here some are just cut with each newer version of the game. And worse, unfair: if a player started before another, he can have pokemon unobtainable for the newer user.

Also, this is pokemon, not Final Fantasy or another game (because this ROM seems to me more the second). It has its own atmosphere. You can make your own version of pokemon, and you can do a wonderful work, but still, not really pokemon.

The reason being of all this is to make it difficult, which could have been reached making gym leaders and other trainers more though.

You put time, effort and whatever, but as it is you won't be coming anywhere near something like Liquid Crystal, for example.

And at last, I understand that someone made it and this someone may have his own opinion about cheat engine or other cheats, but this is like art: if you publish it, its meaning and its value are not yours anymore, nor you can ask not to cheat. Also, as it's made, the game asks you to cheat.

My free opinion as a free user.

Just deleted the program.

The reason is simple: if I play pokemon, I expect to be able to catch them all, in a way or another. But here some are just cut with each newer version of the game. And worse, unfair: if a player started before another, he can have pokemon unobtainable for the newer user.

Also, this is pokemon, not Final Fantasy or another game (because this ROM seems to me more the second). It has its own atmosphere. You can make your own version of pokemon, and you can do a wonderful work, but still, not really pokemon.

The reason being of all this is to make it difficult, which could have been reached making gym leaders and other trainers more though.

You put time, effort and whatever, but as it is you won't be coming anywhere near something like Liquid Crystal, for example.

And at last, I understand that someone made it and this someone may have his own opinion about cheat engine or other cheats, but this is like art: if you publish it, its meaning and its value are not yours anymore, nor you can ask not to cheat. Also, as it's made, the game asks you to cheat.

My free opinion as a free user.

You're definitely allowed to have the opinion that you don't like the game but some of the things said were a bit strange.

For example- it has been said you can Catch 'em All by the end of episode 19 (the final episode) this means that all of the nerfed pokemon will be available by the end of the game. Earlier players have some pokemon available to them that were called too powerful and either moved or nerfed (for now). This was all to keep the integral challenge of the game.

You also seem to be saying that because this is quite different from the standard pokemon mold it isn't pokemon and more like Final Fantasy or something. It is still a pokemon game. You catch and battle with pokemon challenging gyms. It is very much a pokemon game.

There is also no need to compare this to another game. They are different games and people will have opinions on what which one is better but Ame and whoever made liquid crystal wouldn't want people to be comparing their games as the aren't competing. There is space for more than one good pokemon game in the world so there is no need to say it could never compare to the one you like more.

Also saying the game asks you to cheat is somewhat ridiculous. The game is hard and asks you to think about strategy towards leaders but it in no way asks you to cheat. Cheating is an easy way out of the challenge the game poses.

So overall, no-one is stopping you from deleting the game. If you don't enjoy it you shouldn't play it. But why you are bashing up a game that so many of us enjoy for being unconventional and difficult bemuses me.

You're definitely allowed to have the opinion that you don't like the game but some of the things said were a bit strange.

For example- it has been said you can Catch 'em All by the end of episode 19 (the final episode) this means that all of the nerfed pokemon will be available by the end of the game. Earlier players have some pokemon available to them that were called too powerful and either moved or nerfed (for now). This was all to keep the integral challenge of the game.

You also seem to be saying that because this is quite different from the standard pokemon mold it isn't pokemon and more like Final Fantasy or something. It is still a pokemon game. You catch and battle with pokemon challenging gyms. It is very much a pokemon game.

There is also no need to compare this to another game. They are different games and people will have opinions on what which one is better but Ame and whoever made liquid crystal wouldn't want people to be comparing their games as the aren't competing. There is space for more than one good pokemon game in the world so there is no need to say it could never compare to the one you like more.

Also saying the game asks you to cheat is somewhat ridiculous. The game is hard and asks you to think about strategy towards leaders but it in no way asks you to cheat. Cheating is an easy way out of the challenge the game poses.

So overall, no-one is stopping you from deleting the game. If you don't enjoy it you shouldn't play it. But why you are bashing up a game that so many of us enjoy for being unconventional and difficult bemuses me.

Episode 19 expected for the end of times and I bet on it.

Also, I'm a free user; why should I wait for the end of the serie to catch something that i should be able to have? Because it makes too much easy the game? If it's the case, I can refrain myself, you know, it's something called logic.

You can deny it but the plot is more FF than Pokemon.

It's not to compare things, I need to explain it better. If the goal is to make something which is new and different, well this is. But not always newer and different is better. If you value the atmosphere of the original games, this is worse. A lot.

First page (and too lazy to use the reply button) says it's a very difficult game. And for most people, cheats are the solution. That given, cheat are and will always be ubiquitus. More difficult = more using cheats is convenient.

You can find my comment hilarious as i find hilarious that someone put this much effort to nerf a game to make it more difficult (and expect newbies not to use cheats).

Also, I'm a free user; why should I wait for the end of the serie to catch something that i should be able to have? Because it makes too much easy the game? If it's the case, I can refrain myself, you know, it's something called logic.

It's not to compare things, I need to explain it better. If the goal is to make something which is new and different, well this is. But not always newer and different is better. If you value the atmosphere of the original games, this is worse. A lot.

First page (and too lazy to use the reply button) says it's a very difficult game. And for most people, cheats are the solution. That given, cheat are and will always be ubiquitus. More difficult = more using cheats is convenient.

You can find my comment hilarious as i find hilarious that someone put this much effort to nerf a game to make it more difficult (and expect newbies not to use cheats).

I have to create an account because Reborn is definitely one of the best Pokemon games I ever played.

David, I think you might get something wrong. No one can stop you from using cheat engines if you really want to. Probably no one cares anyway. Personally, I don't think of using cheats because in my opinion, having to use it means that i've lost the game already.This defeats the purpose of even trying to play. Besides, what's the fun in doing so ? There's so much more to enjoy other than winnings and bragging about it.

Eps 19 could be by the end of time like you said, but I believe it'll still worth the wait.

This is coming from a vet. Dude, why play it if you expect to catch all them. Reborn is a challenging game due to having limited options. Sure I may be guilty of having axed pokemon but still it is hard. You will learn to adapt and get better. Hell, I found some underated pokemon that are good. Tell me why it is more like FF, it is a fanfiction of the former league here. But it is your opinon. Btw, a lot people whose beaten the game did it through skill and strategy. Now please, chill before it comes a flame war.

SPOILER ALERT!!

I just defeated the 3rd PULSE Tangrowth, i started playing Reborn 4 days ago and here's some stuff i thought of the game:

-I can't stand that effing Fern character, like seriously this guy left me in a cage because i refused to be on my knees for him, and even though i win against him he can't respect me...betch.... (it's a character you just love to hate).

-I picked my favorite starter (Mudkip) and to be honest, so far there was no use of him being around my team even though i keep leveling him up, i'm not taking him out from my team anyway, hopefully he will help me in future gyms.

-The second gym (Florina) pretty much kicked my ass, i had in my team (Marshtamp, Espurr, Pancham and Wheepinbell) and i couldn't win against her at all, it took me few hours to catch 2 Pidoves and level them up to level 25 to finally win, unbelievable strategy she uses.

-There's not a single fire type pokemon i've seen in wild so far, i seriously need one.

-I'm getting addicted to this game, the funny thing is, it makes me so angry every time i play it and i just LOVE every minute of it

-I tried getting my dream team at first but then i threw away that idea once i moved to deeper level of the game, you don't need a stupid dream team...you need to fucking survive lol

Edited by Nivircity

Just a few notes from my experience in reborn.

1) Reborn is known for it's story above all else. The challenges do get overwhelming at times, but it's the story that motivates you to continue. In regular canon, the story is horrendous and the only reason I go through the torture is to unlock all the goodies at the end.

2) All the Reborn staff have said the use of Cheat Engine and RPGMaker XP are up to the individual users, however they don't want the forums being populated by posts and topics encouraging people to use these methods. The breeding guide is the only exception I've found so far.

3) The challenge level of the game is the second most important point of Reborn. The limiting of TMs, HMs, and pokemon until they aren't as OP is up to the development team. When you play any game, you're playing the developer's vision, not necessarily the expectations of the fan base.