So, you wanna play Pokemon Reborn...

Timber Dragon

In response to shofu failing to beat Charlotte...

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-03%20at%209.05.3

Reborn, it's not for everyone......

'If you can't stand the heat, get out of Charlotte's Gym'

I'm sorry but...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA

First learn how to spell, then learn how to play Pokemon.

Goddamnit I can't even right now. The second one is just making it even more hilarious.

One of the major problems here is that Shofu's team is truly awful, and that accentuates the game's difficulty. If he had a competent team he would not be having nearly as much trouble.

no shade no T, but in all honesty he doesn't come over as a very smart person either

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Booo Hoooo they axed Magikarp, they axed Elekid, they axed Riolu

HUUUUUR DUUUUUUUUUUUUR WE CANT SWEEP ENTIRE TEAMS NOW AND WE NEED TO LEARN TO PLAY WITHOUT JUST FOLLOWING WHAT SMOGON SAYS

Bad, bad, bad Reborn

I WANT MY MOMMYYYYY :'(

In response to shofu failing to beat Charlotte...

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-03%20at%209.05.3

Reborn, it's not for everyone......

'If you can't stand the heat, get out of Charlotte's Gym'

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHa this just made my day, if they suck so much why even try? These people should stick to the "official" games and nothing else

Bitch, I beat Julia and Florinia with an army of Mightyenas and fat skunks. You can manage with garbage Pokemon.

One of the major problems here is that Shofu's team is truly awful, and that accentuates the game's difficulty. If he had a competent team he would not be having nearly as much trouble.

I'm a pretty mediocre player so you may have to educate me on why his team sucks. I mean, aside from bringing a Steel-type into a Fire-type gym, this might be a learning experience to make me suck less.

I'm a pretty mediocre player so you may have to educate me on why his team sucks. I mean, aside from bringing a Steel-type into a Fire-type gym, this might be a learning experience to make me suck less.

One of the things that has been really problematic for Shofu throughout a lot of his recent episodes, is that his team is filled with either slow pokemon, frail pokemon, or both. Normally this isn't an issue in the main games because they are easy as hell, but with how hard trainers like Charlotte and Samson hit being slower than them without being able to take hits well is extremely problematic. With the way his team is set up, half of them are dead weight in a lot of these fights. For example, his chances against Charlotte completely count on him being able to pull off trick room and get kills with Swampert. Should Swampert fall, his chances will be slim.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

He'd be faster off just looking for a new team and grinding them up from scratch.

EDIT: Although, as a lot of people can agree on, using your favorites is a good thing. He's using the ones he likes I guess?

awful taste in Pokemon

Then again if your favorites just don't cut it better get some new favorites... smh

Edited by Helia

I have yet to play this game but I've seen some gameplay on youtube and I can already tell that this game is challenging but this is the kind of game that I've been looking forward to for quite some time so I know I'm gonna be enjoying this game every minute :D

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHa this just made my day, if they suck so much why even try? These people should stick to the "official" games and nothing else

iempt.jpg

He'd be faster off just looking for a new team and grinding them up from scratch.

EDIT: Although, as a lot of people can agree on, using your favorites is a good thing. He's using the ones he likes I guess?

awful taste in Pokemon

Then again if your favorites just don't cut it better get some new favorites... smh

Ok I'm not going to lie was these needlessly cruel and hurtful comments necessary? :( Sure this game is not for everyone and to my knowledge whoever this guy is not a member of this board but does that really give cause to mock him and his favorite pokemon?

On topic The post does describe Reborn pretty well but while still a huge jerk I feel there is some good left in Fern, he cares for his sister somewhat and he mocks Cory suicide but he does tell you where to find Cory's dead body and to be fair almost all the NPCs in the area have the same shocking attitude. Also so far I'm doing pretty good with my favorite pokemon.

Ok I'm not going to lie was these needlessly cruel and hurtful comments necessary? :( Sure this game is not for everyone and to my knowledge whoever this guy is not a member of this board but does that really give cause to mock him and his favorite pokemon?

On topic The post does describe Reborn pretty well but while still a huge jerk I feel there is some good left in Fern, he cares for his sister somewhat and he mocks Cory suicide but he does tell you where to find Cory's dead body and to be fair almost all the NPCs in the area have the same shocking attitude. Also so far I'm doing pretty good with my favorite pokemon.

What to say? I'm a bad person ^_^ but to be serious my comment wasn't "cruel" per se, Reborn is not impossible (i always won without help and there are many people here far better than me at this game) and if you're having problems with a Puzzle/Trainer/Gym Leader (pick yours) there's always the forum to help you, if after all this help the person is still complaining then Reborn is not for them (just like Dark Souls is not for everyone), it's as simple as that.

P.S.

Fern is bad and that's all there is to say...ok from what you felt "good" in him? He doesn't care about his sister he cares about his "family pride" and let me tell you a secret: if a person joins a terrorist group voluntarily (and i have no reason to believe it's not) then that person probably is...well...not good

You can use whatever pokemon u want but for example I had Gardevoir on my team until I get Beldum witch is one of my favs

Electivire while is one of my fav electric it's not the no 1 Electric I like and just take it b/c I wanted to use it. Lucario that is on my back up team is more fav than Electivire. Got my point?

You can use ur fav mons but u have to be realist too. What can I use? and what I cant

And no for shofu going with Magnezone against Charlotte is a no-no option. As a no-no option is some of his other mons, movesets... He dont even grind!! He said he's bored to grind. He just level up his Darmanitan one level above Charlotte's and is "Oh now I can outspeed her" LOLNOPE

And I can say more but that's not the point. Yeah he is not member of the board but that plain stupid move from someone who probably have that much of experience

Anw no point to continue that

I mean, I took my magnezone against Charolette, as it was the best way I could bait flare blitz from darmanitan so I could switch into flash fire arcanine and eat it up. It worked about 50% of the time, sometimes darmanitan would go for hammer arm and wail my arcanine in the face, while other times he would use flare blitz on my dusknoir who was trying to set up trick room, and OHKO it XD.

Edited by deadpool848

Reborn taught me that a lot of my favorites suck and that if I wanna survive I'd better damn well broaden my horizons. It also taught me that fuck you, even my shitty taste in Pokeymanz can pull through from time to time.

Shofu has Gardevoir, which was relocated precisely because of how strong it is, and I make use of Magnezone and Scrafty. Banking on Magnezone's type disadvantage to redirect Charlotte's attacks sounds clever, even if it partially relies on luck (then again, don't all strategies rely on luck in some form or another?)

Some of us have suckier strategies than others, but I say as long as you're able to win (somehow), have at it, sucky Pokeymanz.

It's all about perseverance and resourcefulness, i think. Quite a few times i've had to use "mercenary" one-time pokemons for certain occasions and also invest some time and money on pokemons that would go back to the box once whatever ordeal required them is done with (name the box in their honor, they deserve it).

In my impression, the game taughts you that your team is far bigger than just the 6 you carry around at any given time, it does a nice job and is a really interesting experience.

Not speaking for others, but I am cruel.

And not sure what your faves are but they must be better than his :)

All my main favs except for a few that don't make up my team are in my trainer card (like legendaries I like but never use) and three of the ones that are on my card according to smogon and serbii suck. (Donphan, Samurott, and favorite of favorites Wigglytuff, despite Wigglytuff coming on top in a tournament)

What to say? I'm a bad person ^_^ but to be serious my comment wasn't "cruel" per se, Reborn is not impossible (i always won without help and there are many people here far better than me at this game) and if you're having problems with a Puzzle/Trainer/Gym Leader (pick yours) there's always the forum to help you, if after all this help the person is still complaining then Reborn is not for them (just like Dark Souls is not for everyone), it's as simple as that.

P.S.

Fern is bad and that's all there is to say...ok from what you felt "good" in him? He doesn't care about his sister he cares about his "family pride" and let me tell you a secret: if a person joins a terrorist group voluntarily (and i have no reason to believe it's not) then that person probably is...well...not good

WHAT!?!: :blink: I thought Fern was just doing the old rival is a jerk routine with a side of Lapis Ward's appalling attitude, I guess this is what happens when you try to see the best in people. (sighs) At least I can go all out on him now.

You can use whatever pokemon u want but for example I had Gardevoir on my team until I get Beldum witch is one of my favs

Electivire while is one of my fav electric it's not the no 1 Electric I like and just take it b/c I wanted to use it. Lucario that is on my back up team is more fav than Electivire. Got my point?

You can use ur fav mons but u have to be realist too. What can I use? and what I cant

And no for shofu going with Magnezone against Charlotte is a no-no option. As a no-no option is some of his other mons, movesets... He dont even grind!! He said he's bored to grind. He just level up his Darmanitan one level above Charlotte's and is "Oh now I can outspeed her" LOLNOPE

And I can say more but that's not the point. Yeah he is not member of the board but that plain stupid move from someone who probably have that much of experience

Anw no point to continue that

Ok I'll admit that is pretty stupid, while you can't go over the limit level grinding is still a important strategy, especially when using pokemon that aren't "good" for certain gym leaders.

Reborn taught me that a lot of my favorites suck and that if I wanna survive I'd better damn well broaden my horizons. It also taught me that fuck you, even my shitty taste in Pokeymanz can pull through from time to time.

Shofu has Gardevoir, which was relocated precisely because of how strong it is, and I make use of Magnezone and Scrafty. Banking on Magnezone's type disadvantage to redirect Charlotte's attacks sounds clever, even if it partially relies on luck (then again, don't all strategies rely on luck in some form or another?)

Some of us have suckier strategies than others, but I say as long as you're able to win (somehow), have at it, sucky Pokeymanz.

Wait is ralts still in the Railnet or did she move it again in 14.5?

Edited by The Swordsman

Competitive suck =/= in-game suck though. There's a lot of early "game heroes" and pokemon that are fairly decent single player even if they aren't multiplayer. Not to mention a lot of competitive movesets aren't even available to you much of the game.

Donphan usually turns out pretty good in every game I've picked him, not even just Reborn.

You still get the item for ralts in the railnet. You need both rock smash and strength, I am pretty sure you can still get it the same way in 14.5/14.6.

Thanks, I can now confirm that at least 14.5 its still there.I got to write though Ametsune the mini side quest to get Gallade is the most rewarding and weirdest experience I'd ever had in a pokemon game. :D How does a level 10 ghastly emulate a level sixty something medicham and what is the story behind Mr. Biggersby? (When I read that the dawn stone was behind him I didn't expect a talking Garbdor)

Competitive suck =/= in-game suck though. There's a lot of early "game heroes" and pokemon that are fairly decent single player even if they aren't multiplayer. Not to mention a lot of competitive movesets aren't even available to you much of the game.

Donphan usually turns out pretty good in every game I've picked him, not even just Reborn.

Same here, Donphan has been on my team since Silver.