Paragon final boss fight.

Magus543

That gives me the idea of trying a Mono Psychic in the future only because it's fitting for how much Psychic are important to Rejuv, lol. Casually, Rift Gardevoir is Psychic, Puppet Master's signature type is Pyschic and the mon which use Nightmare Fuel is Musharna....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, a felllow with Hydreigon favourite mon! Someone used it badly during an important fight in my runs with Act 1's end (absolutely not screaming at Melia's uselessness) 

Other than that...are you talking about the Psychic types or Hydreigon and Mimikyu?

5 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Her stealing your Pokemon is obnoxious but basically every single time she did she killed it herself with surf. 

Domain Shift and Mom's Sylveon were the GOATs in this battle. 

What moveset did your Sylveon have?

12 hours ago, SoulN7 said:

Oh, a felllow with Hydreigon favourite mon! Someone used it badly during an important fight in my runs with Act 1's end (absolutely not screaming at Melia's uselessness) 

Other than that...are you talking about the Psychic types or Hydreigon and Mimikyu?

Hydreigon. Like there are so MANY fairy types and mons that outspeed Hydreigon with fairy type moves, I feel punished for sticking with him,

To add insult to injury, Melia's field that FAVORS fairy types, and she has a Hydreigon.  Oh I REALLY enjoyed clearing that fight. 

46 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

Hydreigon. Like there are so MANY fairy types and mons that outspeed Hydreigon with fairy type moves, I feel punished for sticking with him,

To add insult to injury, Melia's field that FAVORS fairy types, and she has a Hydreigon.  Oh I REALLY enjoyed clearing that fight. 

Yeah, Hydreigon was among my champion's team in Reborn and true, he's bullied here. It still helped me with Spacea. At least I have some other of my favourite mons to have certain "powers" within the game.

9 hours ago, SoulN7 said:

Yeah, Hydreigon was among my champion's team in Reborn and true, he's bullied here. It still helped me with Spacea. At least I have some other of my favourite mons to have certain "powers" within the game.

most annoying thing about Melia is her hydreigon, because it's the only one of her pokemon that I like to use (other than mimikyu, btut that's already one of my Reborn champs), but because she's an important character you battle a bunch, I personally can't use it

41 minutes ago, ClaraTheCriminal said:

most annoying thing about Melia is her hydreigon, because it's the only one of her pokemon that I like to use (other than mimikyu, btut that's already one of my Reborn champs), but because she's an important character you battle a bunch, I personally can't use it

Basically yeah. Why do I have to work hard to save the world from terrorists, demons, AIs and whatever things + doing an entire lategame quest to obtain my tri-head flying tank while she has her own Hydreigon free? It should have been me, not her! At least, she hasn't anymore Gardevoir.

2 minutes ago, SoulN7 said:

Basically yeah. Why do I have to work hard to save the world from terrorists, demons, AIs and whatever things + doing an entire lategame quest to obtain my tri-head flying tank while she has her own Hydreigon free? It should have been me, not her! At least, she hasn't anymore Gardevoir.

I mean, same, but I also was talking about my own hangups about not using pokemon recurring trainers (like rivals and stuff) use. Nine times out of ten, it isn't a problem (especially when usually the pokemon I do like are replaced on their teams later on) but with Hydreigon...

11 minutes ago, ClaraTheCriminal said:

I mean, same, but I also was talking about my own hangups about not using pokemon recurring trainers (like rivals and stuff) use. Nine times out of ten, it isn't a problem (especially when usually the pokemon I do like are replaced on their teams later on) but with Hydreigon...

Yeah, I understand that, unfortunatelly teams like Melia's almost never changed through the game...despite Melia's team changed through versions instead (Gardevoir, Yanmega, Pupitar, ...). Aelita, for example, changed many times her team, while only using Hawlucha in all of them. And there is Ren who had Reuniclus and long ago I thought was Zetta, because some of his Pokèmon had Crescent's ID. Still, really glad my Gardevoir and Flygon are not in other teams anymore.

4 minutes ago, SoulN7 said:

Yeah, I understand that, unfortunatelly teams like Melia's almost never changed through the game...despite Melia's team changed through versions instead (Gardevoir, Yanmega, Pupitar, ...). Aelita, for example, changed many times her team, while only using Hawlucha in all of them. And there is Ren who had Reuniclus and long ago I thought was Zetta, because some of his Pokèmon had Crescent's ID. Still, really glad my Gardevoir and Flygon are not in other teams.

I'm glad that some of my faves haven't really shown up either. I was really surprised no one was given a Horoark in 13.5, or any of the cool aevian forms outside of one off fights

1 minute ago, ClaraTheCriminal said:

I'm glad that some of my faves haven't really shown up either. I was really surprised no one was given a Horoark in 13.5, or any of the cool aevian forms outside of one off fights

Few "main characters" use Hisuian forms or Aevian for that matter. Hisuians are only used by Aelita (I hate you for that Aelita) and Adam, while Aevians I think only 4 or 5 characters use that. Still, pretty poor if we count all main battles.

3 minutes ago, SoulN7 said:

Few "main characters" use Hisuian forms or Aevian for that matter. Hisuians are only used by Aelita (I hate you for that Aelita) and Adam, while Aevians I think only 4 or 5 characters use that. Still, pretty poor if we count all main battles.

Strange that Aelita supposedly has a Hisuian Lilligant (my fave that I was annoyed I couldn't use, but it's fine cause it's Aelita) but I never saw it in any battles. ever

58 minutes ago, ClaraTheCriminal said:

Strange that Aelita supposedly has a Hisuian Lilligant (my fave that I was annoyed I couldn't use, but it's fine cause it's Aelita) but I never saw it in any battles. ever

She changed it after the lifted curse. Still, HLilligant is in my "rotations" waiting for some victims.

Returning to the "objective" of this thread, I beat now again Spacea, after an easy fight with Tiempa (funny thing: Garchomp melts her, she spams Flash Cannon) and it's strange no one suggested it, but Crested Cryogonal is Palkia's Alterated Form's worst nightmare: if she steals a special attacker or she can't due to her loosing bars to status or having already an useless one, Cryogonal not only is faster than even Origin Form, but has enough SpD that her Surf spam cannot do so much. (and since it has Light Screen...well...just make sure it's not stealed or use Heavy Slam). And making Interceptum-Z helped even more, since Domain Shift often made me pick fields who favored me instead of her (like the Swamp one). I have to apologize to that overpowered snowflake that basically destroys many special attackers and Water types.

20 hours ago, SoulN7 said:

Returning to the "objective" of this thread, I beat now again Spacea, after an easy fight with Tiempa (funny thing: Garchomp melts her, she spams Flash Cannon) and it's strange no one suggested it, but Crested Cryogonal is Palkia's Alterated Form's worst nightmare: if she steals a special attacker or she can't due to her loosing bars to status or having already an useless one, Cryogonal not only is faster than even Origin Form, but has enough SpD that her Surf spam cannot do so much. (and since it has Light Screen...well...just make sure it's not stealed or use Heavy Slam). And making Interceptum-Z helped even more, since Domain Shift often made me pick fields who favored me instead of her (like the Swamp one). I have to apologize to that overpowered snowflake that basically destroys many special attackers and Water types.

I'm curious, is there a way to leave the past to get more mons against Spacea?

The time crystal broke. 

On 11/23/2023 at 6:25 AM, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Domain Shift and Mom's Sylveon were the GOATs in this battle. 

Seconded. Mom's Sylveon was an absolute BEAST in both battles. Mine had Moon Blast, Hyper Voice, Calm Mind, Psychic Terrain. Plus the Ability Pixilate.

Edited by vampirevulpix

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone cares, I finally beat the paragon route in my mono fighting/no items run.

After a lot of unsuccessful startegies i went into the fight with 4 gallades and 2 random other mons.

tank one hit and set up trick room, then take a shield down with destiny bond.

What followed was a lot of fighting gem boosted sacred swords to pierce through those ludicrous stat boosts.

Paralyze/Burn and sweep with fairies (all hail Mega Mawile), the only annoyances with that strat is that there's no 100% precision burn move, if you paralyze you still need a few tries to get Spacea to not attack a couple times, and the Heal Bell.

I really miss the Renegade exclusive Z-move Chthonic Malady in these boss fights (especially since the Paragon exclusive Elysian Shield which kinda sucks, even more so against indirect damage strats), that really trivialized Tiempa in my Renegade run!

Edited by dudeguyman

I beat Spacea using alolan Ninetails' freeze dry, every healthbar was removed by 1 attack and my other mons are either faster than Ninetails or tanky enough to withstand attacks and take out Ninetails. From there it was a simple cycle until her primal form where I had to go through a similar process with Feraligatr (crest included for priority attacks), hail and my slush rush alolan sandlash doing some damage. Honestly I thought this battle was absolutely ridiculous until I learned about the renegade route........that battle is harder