If you want Aevian Volcarona, here is how

Cyphre

Locking it behind a Mystery Egg is an absolutely asinine, nonsensical, bullshit and ridiculous move and makes no sense in any way, so.

In guides section a person named @Alemi made some and compiled some QoL mods for 13.5, and i asked today for a variation of Shared PC mod like before, and in like couple of minutes he/she adapted it for 13.5.

You should see where this is going.

Step 1: 

You start a new game, skip tutorial, insert password "terajuma" to start on Terajuma immediately. 

Step 2: 

Go with the plot until you clear the Helojask island (or whatever was it's name, you know what i mean) since you will need it for help request. 

Step 3:

Go back to East Gearen, finish "Battle with me" quest (Novae fight) and "Wretched Music", the Rorim quest. Then go to Sheridan and finish second Novae fight.

Step 4: 

Finish all 5 Kakori help center quests, and watch Alexandra give you wrong goddamn egg for 10th time. Entire process takes an hour, give or take. 

Step 5: 

Once you finally get the desired Volcarona egg, save the file and install the Shared PC mod (Rejuv 13.5 QoL Mod Compilation Pack + Small Bug Fixes). 

Now transfer the damn bug (not a bug, pure Flying type, but you know) back to your main save file through the Shared PC, breed the thing and enjoy your little menace. 

volc.jpg

If it wasn't in the mystery egg, it wouldn't be obtainable at all yet. There were mons you could only get at the current time from the first mystery egg previously because of their power level, so I figure this is the same idea. I don't really think it's correct to say a bunch of nasty words about it.

• Upvote 2

On 11/14/2023 at 10:28 PM, vepper said:

If it wasn't in the mystery egg, it wouldn't be obtainable at all yet. There were mons you could only get at the current time from the first mystery egg previously because of their power level, so I figure this is the same idea. I don't really think it's correct to say a bunch of nasty words about it.

Which were Togepi and Rookidee, which is an equally shit practice and only adds to annoyance for people who didn't get lucky. I'm sorry, i assumed i was playing Pokemon, not pulling on my gacha banners. It's perfectly fine for mystery egg to contain Pokemon you can find sooner or later, but to contain pokemon ONLY available in there in a game that's already 80+ hours long? That absolutely warrants rudeness and all the worst words, that's downright disgusting. 

Very simple solution: make A-Volcarona available after Talon fight on GDC roof. Problem solved, no one left out. 

On 11/14/2023 at 10:52 PM, Z.. said:

Is A-Volcarona even that good to justify it only being a mystery egg exclusive? I never got one so idk how good it is.

It's just a Flying type Volcarona with like 5 or 10 more base speed. It's alright but then again we got stuff like Garchomp for free in the desert, i don't want to hear any arguments about balance here. There is NO reason to keep it mystery egg only. Not a single one. Period. 

31 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

Which were Togepi and Rookidee, which is an equally shit practice and only adds to annoyance for people who didn't get lucky. I'm sorry, i assumed i was playing Pokemon, not pulling on my gacha banners. It's perfectly fine for mystery egg to contain Pokemon you can find sooner or later, but to contain pokemon ONLY available in there in a game that's already 80+ hours long? That absolutely warrants rudeness and all the worst words, that's downright disgusting. 

Very simple solution: make A-Volcarona available after Talon fight on GDC roof. Problem solved, no one left out. 

Let's not talk about base Larvesta...And Togepi I think isn't in the game yet.

I personally just try to see it as a glass half full thing where they're technically unobtainable but you could see it as a bonus. You're still probably going to get a mon way earlier than you normally can even if it's not Larvesta. And these mons will not stay unobtainable forever. I don't want to turn the thread into an argument past that, I can at least understand feeling like you missed out when the other mons can be got in other ways.

If anything I'm more tlted that a seperate early game egg (chapter 2 or something) can either contain galarian ponyta (who is rendered totally unusable by its level up moves and late evo) or a mudbray (where mudsdale is an  absolute monster with its great moves and early evolution), (no idea if there's more). Now that's unbalanced.

17 minutes ago, vepper said:

If anything I'm more tlted that a seperate early game egg (chapter 2 or something) can either contain galarian ponyta (who is rendered totally unusable by its level up moves and late evo) or a mudbray (where mudsdale is an  absolute monster with its great moves and early evolution), (no idea if there's more). Now that's unbalanced.

Skiddo is on the list.

I can also see the argument of how at least with the other regional forms you can obtain them either earlier or later in the game. A-Feebass for example can be found on Route Z after the time travel stuff and cut down the cherry tree. You can get it via mystery egg but its nice to know that even if you missed out on the egg roll you can always get it later.

With A-Larvesta there is no middle ground. You either get it or you don't. And I can see how that can be frustrating to someone. You want to see what new forms the devs cooked up but if one of them is on a I don't know, 15% basis for the mystery egg and you can see every other form but the one exclusive to it it can feel a bit unfair.

Even if A-Volcarona is basically only plus 10 speed or whatever people do Aevium form only runs. Having even one extra option not locked behind rng is good.

47 minutes ago, SoulN7 said:

Skiddo is on the list.

I'd probably consider that one the middle ground as it's not quite as much of a brick house as Mudsdale it's got a great natural level up set (natural setup moves are huge)

Honestly problems like this would be fixed by either having a password to let you set your m-eggs or having them not set at the start of the game so we could soft reset for them. Monotype runners or just those who like to plan their pokemon around a theme as I do get kinda screwed by the current setup.

On 11/14/2023 at 10:44 AM, Cyphre said:

Locking it behind a Mystery Egg is an absolutely asinine, nonsensical, bullshit and ridiculous move and makes no sense in any way, so.

In guides section a person named @Alemi made some and compiled some QoL mods for 13.5, and i asked today for a variation of Shared PC mod like before, and in like couple of minutes he/she adapted it for 13.5.

You should see where this is going.

Step 1: 

You start a new game, skip tutorial, insert password "terajuma" to start on Terajuma immediately. 

Step 2: 

Go with the plot until you clear the Helojask island (or whatever was it's name, you know what i mean) since you will need it for help request. 

Step 3:

Go back to East Gearen, finish "Battle with me" quest (Novae fight) and "Wretched Music", the Rorim quest. Then go to Sheridan and finish second Novae fight.

Step 4: 

Finish all 5 Kakori help center quests, and watch Alexandra give you wrong goddamn egg for 10th time. Entire process takes an hour, give or take. 

Step 5: 

Once you finally get the desired Volcarona egg, save the file and install the Shared PC mod (Rejuv 13.5 QoL Mod Compilation Pack + Small Bug Fixes). 

Now transfer the damn bug (not a bug, pure Flying type, but you know) back to your main save file through the Shared PC, breed the thing and enjoy your little menace. 

volc.jpg

I totally get the frustration but I don't think its worth getting so mad over. You actually don't have to do all that either. If you use the choose starter from the mod pack you can just pick the aevian larvesta as your starter! It has an attacking move as well. Even then you can use the shared pc to transfer that over too I believe.

• 4 months later...

Hello dear people :)

I recently found out that about this pretty cool looking Volcarona.
So, i went through the entire process as written and saved in front of the Lady.

Now she only gives me eggs for Golisopot. (Which is a pretty darn cool mon but not what i wanted)
I reset about 10 times, figuring i just got insanely unlucky. I suspect it is fixed after a certain point.

How far do i have to load backups  for it to be reshuffled or is it fixed by the time you start a new character?

I would really dislike having to go through the entire ordeal too many times.

Mystery Eggs are fixed when you start a game, if you want a different egg you need to do the entire process again. It is quite tedious, i just generally turn on a background video or something for such things. 

On 4/1/2024 at 11:09 AM, Cyphre said:

Mystery Eggs are fixed when you start a game, if you want a different egg you need to do the entire process again. It is quite tedious, i just generally turn on a background video or something for such things. 

Ah, thank you. This kinda sucks but what can we do?
Thank you for answering. =)

Edit: i Hate Novae witth a passion now. Even on easy mode her Pallosand and Passimian are a menace. Still tring to figure out, which the most 'comfortable' team is to do this.
I'm starting to lean towards Ariana because Ramoth and Blaziken are still busted and the Oricoro does a surprisong amount of work. I just need to replace the nigh useless Altaria.

Edited by Aurang