If you were the developer of Pokémon Reborn

Gyaradoskiller

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going back and forth through Route 1 is so annoying. I would put some kind of shortcut there. Am I missing anything there or something?

I think Ame said that she has altered the route so that you can travel back and forth the route on a single Tauros

I think Ame said that she has altered the route so that you can travel back and forth the route on a single Tauros

I think it's 2, actually, I tried before and there are certain points where there are tall grass blocking the grass, which makes you get off, then you travel through one of the northern forest paths, hop on the second one, and voila.

Yes, you need at the very least 2 tauros to travel through route 1. I would put some sort of quick transport throughout the region. Like a tauros that will take you to both sides of route 1. Also a rhyhorn/mamoswine that travels between the circus, calcenon city and ametrine city. And finally a gogoat that will fast travel between the wards in Reborn City. Maybe even something for the Chrysolia region (skiddo?) and something for the desert (hippowdon).

Edited by Farnsworth

Or....this is something NEW! Unexpected! Unbelievable! Shocking! Take a deep breath before you open this!!!

We get Fly once we return to the city -.-

We will only get Fly in that club after we beat the reborn league.

I think it's 2, actually, I tried before and there are certain points where there are tall grass blocking the grass, which makes you get off, then you travel through one of the northern forest paths, hop on the second one, and voila.

Yes, you need at the very least 2 tauros to travel through route 1

Yes I know you need 2 at the moment - hence I said I think she will change the route so that we can run back and forth with one Tauros.

• Administrators

Yes, you need at the very least 2 tauros to travel through route 1. I would put some sort of quick transport throughout the region. Like a tauros that will take you to both sides of route 1. Also a rhyhorn/mamoswine that travels between the circus, calcenon city and ametrine city. And finally a gogoat that will fast travel between the wards in Reborn City. Maybe even something for the Chrysolia region (skiddo?) and something for the desert (hippowdon).

I don't think I'm going to go -that- crazy, but the free-use teleport Tauros doesn't sound like a terrible idea.

Maybe one that takes you from the open area with Fern's sign to the Nature Center, and then one from the Grand Gates to that sign.

Another thing, even though its nitpicking, the Magnazone back sprite is way too low. I can only see the top of the antenna thing. The Bulbasaur sprite is also a bit small but that one is fine. Is their a way to fix this?

There is. Noted.

Amethyst says that it IS in fact possible to do it on one single Tauros.

She says and thinks so but there is the possibility that she is bad and wrong. It's a bit tricky; basically what I did was I cut away some subtle lines of tall grass, so if I didn't muk up the player should be able to just slip through in a few deceptive-looking places.

However if we go with the above idea, that won't be necessary anyway.

While I do think a fast-travel system would be interesting, too much fast travelling would ruin the hours you guys spend travelling from one zone to another just to buy items.

I mean, you all really enjoy that, don't you?

(( If I'm to be honest, I think a reborn "taxi-service" that's unlocked after Agate is completed and takes you between the towns (Spinel, Ametrine, Agate, Calcenon, Reborn) wouldn't be too bad an idea.))

• Veterans

I think a helicopter service would be cooler.We've already seen one under the ownership of Team Meteor.It could be added as a sidequest like this:You go back to one of the meteor bases,find broken pieces of a helicopter and give it to someone to fix for you.(For a price,say 60000 poke?)And from then on you pay the guy/lady about 1000 poke to take you around the region.

I think a helicopter service would be cooler.We've already seen one under the ownership of Team Meteor.It could be added as a sidequest like this:You go back to one of the meteor bases,find broken pieces of a helicopter and give it to someone to fix for you.(For a price,say 60000 poke?)And from then on you pay the guy/lady about 1000 poke to take you around the region.

But in a world like this, I doubt you'll see many helicopters.... Meteor is an evil organization, it's not like there's enough helicopters just for the public of a decimated city.

If I had some pull in the designing of this game, I'd probably adjust with the work-reward ratio. It's a clever idea to make us work for stuff we want; like a particular Pokemon or an item, it gives them more value. But there are a number of parts where I felt I wasn't rewarded properly for the amount of time and effort I put in; I felt this cheapened my work and I lost interest for a while.

For example:

When you reach Kiki, you have to fight her pupil at the top of the Volcano. He was too tough for me, so I had to train my team for a few hours to take him. Afterwards, our frenemy Victoria decides that we shouldn't fight Kiki because reasons, and I had to train another hour or so to take her. After that I finally got to Kiki who, once again, made me train even more. And after all of this I didn't get the badge, so a number of my Pokemon weren't listening to me. Not only did I not get rewarded for all that work, but it felt as though I was punished for doing what I had to.

A lot of people don't have a problem with this, but that's what I would change if I could. Still a cool game, though.

If I had some pull in the designing of this game, I'd probably adjust with the work-reward ratio. It's a clever idea to make us work for stuff we want; like a particular Pokemon or an item, it gives them more value. But there are a number of parts where I felt I wasn't rewarded properly for the amount of time and effort I put in; I felt this cheapened my work and I lost interest for a while.

For example:

When you reach Kiki, you have to fight her pupil at the top of the Volcano. He was too tough for me, so I had to train my team for a few hours to take him. Afterwards, our frenemy Victoria decides that we shouldn't fight Kiki because reasons, and I had to train another hour or so to take her. After that I finally got to Kiki who, once again, made me train even more. And after all of this I didn't get the badge, so a number of my Pokemon weren't listening to me. Not only did I not get rewarded for all that work, but it felt as though I was punished for doing what I had to.

A lot of people don't have a problem with this, but that's what I would change if I could. Still a cool game, though.

Personally I have never lost against Cal or your Rival but I will say Cal is more tough now with the field effect. With the right team and strategy every battle has a simple side

She says and thinks so but there is the possibility that she is bad and wrong. It's a bit tricky; basically what I did was I cut away some subtle lines of tall grass, so if I didn't muk up the player should be able to just slip through in a few deceptive-looking places.

However if we go with the above idea, that won't be necessary anyway.

Yes, you can go through the whole route 1 with one Tauros. I can confirm it... and I can also confirm that the path is a little tricky xP