If you were the developer of Pokémon Reborn

Gyaradoskiller

Well first you'd have to give Fly within the story wouldn't you? Also meaning you'd have to have the badge to be able to use it, which also wouldn't make sense to change retroactively later on would it? It just makes the most sense to do it this way plot wise. I understand navigation back to Reborn City is tedious, but that's one of the reasons the northern Crustle puzzle exists on Route 2, the bridge repairs can be made south of Calcenon, and why Amethyst is planning to be making Route 1 easier to navigate after clearing all the obstacles if I recall correctly.

Ame is going to make Route 1 easier to navigate ? That's good news, I'm fed up with killing Bouffalants :/

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well first you'd have to give Fly within the story wouldn't you? Also meaning you'd have to have the badge to be able to use it, which also wouldn't make sense to change retroactively later on would it? It just makes the most sense to do it this way plot wise. I understand navigation back to Reborn City is tedious, but that's one of the reasons the northern Crustle puzzle exists on Route 2, the bridge repairs can be made south of Calcenon, and why Amethyst is planning to be making Route 1 easier to navigate after clearing all the obstacles if I recall correctly.

Yeah Route 1 is the most tedious thing atm, well you can live without it, it just makes live easier you could say (also I didnt solved the upper part of the crustle puzzle at first which is atm a 50/50 chance dependend on if you go the right way at the start or if you like to explore everything before continuing).

Still Fly never had any meaning in the Pokemon story anyway in OR/AS it is completly obsolent even, thanks to the Eon Flute.

I also never understood why they needed to combine it with a badge, but thats just GameFreak.^^

Edited by Helios2

• Administrators

I would chance Ame's spirte. When she first appears she as long flowing hair, once we jump off the train she has pigtails???

I reused Charlotte's sprite cuz I liked it. The sprite you see at the beginning is something I had laying around from the website. This is entirely out of laziness and the fact that i have never liked the fact that i am a self-insert in this game. I wasn't part of the original plan, but at the time I was the league manager and this was a community game so it was the only thing that made sense. I haven't wanted to make any real graphics for myself because I really don't want to be part of this game.

That said I also accept it's probably too late to change that now, and I'm just going to have to get over it.

Amethyst is planning to be making Route 1 easier to navigate after clearing all the obstacles if I recall correctly.

I've already made the changes I intended to. It's now possible to get from one side to another with a single Tauros, if you can find the places to slip through. This is live.

Dolls around every corner that will give you free hugs

I'm down.

If I was the developer, the next episode would be in 2016, because I would have no idea what I am doing.

same

...jk

Having played this game for well over 5 hours on the first go... I already enjoy the story line. This is actually the first Pokemon game that is completely original in its own deal. I can already tell that the program basis is that of a RPG Maker... because of the sounds and files used. I'd say... a cross between RPG Maker 2003 and VX or VX Ace. Me... if I would be put to the ultimate test and become the developer of this project... trust me, I'd literally (not the dictionary version) be glued in front of my computer for at least 14 hours or more... just getting the right songs for the right scenes. Ame... You've done a hell of a job here. Getting the Pokemon sprites to act right and getting the attacks to match up with each Pokemon is a hell of chore... but doable. Setting up each of the events would take quite a bit... and that's something I love delving into... and with each RPG Maker that I have tested, I would usually spend my first day (24hrs.) fiddling with the items, character and character creations, names and events... some times I'll play around with the fonts and what not... and to make a game like this...about a month straight... no sleep. I do like the atmosphere... that would be something I wouldn't be able to bring about... the ever changing weather patterns would probably take a tutorial or two... maybe three. I really like the implemented idea of basically carrying over the Pokemon that you catch and train to battle with actual people over the server.

Going back to the atmosphere of the game... it's dark and post apocalyptic which says a lot. Pokemon have either moved away from the area or are actually disappearing... so another thing I would do... like Ame did, basically limit the areas in which you can catch a Pokemon... but I would probably, to give people more of a challenge, actually limit the number of Pokemon you encounter. The gym leaders... are outstanding... since I lost to the first gym leader once... and the level limits... which makes it so that people cannot grind their Pokemon to level 100 in one setting... I like that idea... which means... not a single person on this server has a lvl 100 Pokemon... because in game... I only saw a cap for level 75. It makes you think... and forces you to stay within certain bounds... which is something I have done for a while... so that's a really good idea... Although for me... which I haven't looked at my map in the game or did much research other than what I've seen in the game... Since this is a new region... I would either send people to another dimension... or open up all regions but keeping the same dark atmosphere... and having Mt. Ember, Mt. Pyre, and there was another one (Can't think of it off the top of my head) about ready to explode. I like Team Meteor... they are... pretty sinister... but I wouldn't use them... that's Ame's idea... From a dream that I had... There was an organization... and their members were a little bit more hell bent... which would have been Team Plasma but they've been used... so I would have gone with Team Atomos and Team Palor... and both of them to have the same goal basically... to rid the world of humans and save all Pokemon. =) Sounds like black and white... but here's the twist... Team Palor would save the Pokemon while Team Atomos would actually focus on dealing damage to cities and actually taking away lives of people..

Actually at the beginning of the game... for me... when you start... depending on what town you start in...(2 choices) determines what team will be paying you town a visit and destroying it completely... your starter (Which ever one you choose) Will come to save you... and instead of a starting level of 5... the actually starting level I have in mind... is level 10. The Professor in your village will survive no matter what... so they can give you some items... and Pokeballs. Like this one... everyone should already know how to use items and catch Pokemon... you're probably going to be thrust out to save the world with little to no help... but alas, anyone new or trying to learn the game will be met with people that either join you... or help you along the way, to give out helpful hints... and there will be a few puzzles within the first hour of the game. =) That's one thing I don't see too often either.

(Hmm... I think I should have told people to go get some popcorn and something to drink...This is way longer... oh well.) I should add... that it wouldn't matter what starter you choose... you'll be able to get another one with each region that you visit... so that way you'll have at least one starter from each and every region... if I were to go that route... if I were to implement the dimension rule... then things would be a bit different... or even do a completely new region... Oh... and the battle system that I would have planned would be interesting. So I see that there are single battles, double battles, triple battles and rotation battles... interesting... Since badges determine the level of the trainer... And how strong your Pokemon can be before they choose not to listen to you... you will no longer be a trainer... because basically all the people who created the system to bring about trainers... would either be dead (people) or destroyed (buildings) there would be a new order... this... (I'll try this myself before I'd confirm it...) order.... would be something along the lines of obtaining something called Level Crests. Each Master you battle... gives you a Level Crest (I know it sounds weird and not like Pokemon... with Pokemon in it...) which raises the level cap on your Pokemon... so you can get stronger... and instead of them ignoring you... they'll just cap at a certain level. (Again, this would be something I would try first before I just throw it out and tell everyone to try it. People might not even like that idea... but this would be something... should I be left all of sudden to handle a project... from scratch... this is just me and what I would do...)

And... another idea I had... would be...what Ame was already doing... instead... (I know a few people might have played Pokemon Warlords... and probably didn't like it...) but I would implement the idea of using a Final Fantasy Tactics engine to run it... and have the Pokemon battles be done that way... I have so many possibilities... okay... no one kill me yet... *lays down on a mound of dirt* okay... fire away...

@NezzieSeraphim Try to limit the amount of triple dots, it makes it quite a chore to read through. Comma's are feeling discriminated ;)
It's kinda hard to make a strong personal connection like you depict to the region since you're an immigrant. Maybe you want to play pokemon snakewood for that (and insanity and zombies).

Anyway, if I were tthe developer, I might try to make the animations of the moves more varied and better looking (even if I'm the worst at drawing anything) to make it feel more rewarding to land the hit (I don't expect you to be able to make it look like dragon descent, that's just impossible). I know, with pokemon essentials regularly changing, this can be annoying, but it would be nice to see my pokemon moving if it smashes iot's head in the opponent's butt (headbutt), emerald-style. Also, I would take the idea of Showdown of still animating a move if it misses, but showing that it misses.
And of course stage grasshole vs icehole :P That one goes deep...

If i was the game developer, id add

-Visible stat boosts/drops(if insurgance can do it so can reborn)

-The ability to interact with the city more(like you could shell out a hundred grand to fix all the cracks in obsidia ward completely)

Other than that the game is perfect. And to all the people complaining about walking everywhere, dump 2 pokemon in the daycare. They'll be in the late fifties/sixties by the time you're done with the game.

remove blaziken from the game because it makes everything too easy (bulk up chicken op pls nerf)

fix the level pacing gap around the dark gym

i think the hidden items in some areas of the game don't entirely make sense. they seem super frequent (one per screen or more) in some areas, which kind of make sense in some areas (route 1 seems like an easy place to lose items), but you would think a poverty stricken, gang infested neightborhood like peridot ward wouldn't have valuable items lying about all over the place. finding a random calcium sitting in a corner which can be resold for the same value as a lump of gold didn't seem very fitting, surely someone would've noticed it and sold it for rare candy money.

more frequent social media updates to let fans stalkknow how development is going

big fan ame, great game. the attention to detail is so great in so many ways.

If i was the game developer, id add

-Visible stat boosts/drops(if insurgance can do it so can reborn)

-The ability to interact with the city more(like you could shell out a hundred grand to fix all the cracks in obsidia ward completely)

Other than that the game is perfect. And to all the people complaining about walking everywhere, dump 2 pokemon in the daycare. They'll be in the late fifties/sixties by the time you're done with the game.

For one, I'm fairly certain Insurgence is using HG/SS as a base for the game and Reborn uses Ruby. Two, it's probably not quite that easy, I'm sure if it were, it would more than likely be an option by now.

I kind of like that idea. I suppose it more comes down to two things. Can they find people who are able to do the repairs? Is it even worth repairing in most peoples eyes, with the ever possible returning threat of Team Meteor or the elements.

remove blaziken from the game because it makes everything too easy (bulk up chicken op pls nerf)

i think the hidden items in some areas of the game don't entirely make sense. they seem super frequent (one per screen or more) in some areas, which kind of make sense in some areas (route 1 seems like an easy place to lose items), but you would think a poverty stricken, gang infested neightborhood like peridot ward wouldn't have valuable items lying about all over the place. finding a random calcium sitting in a corner which can be resold for the same value as a lump of gold didn't seem very fitting, surely someone would've noticed it and sold it for rare candy money.

more frequent social media updates to let fans stalkknow how development is going

big fan ame, great game. the attention to detail is so great in so many ways.

If you don't like how easy Blaziken makes the game. Don't use it. You have to give up a handful of other pokemon options to get it.

The way the level cap is now works just fine IMO.

This is to make it interesting to go searching, Would you take the time to look for items if all you got were potions or Escape ropes all the time?

Hmm if I would become a developer...
I would change the hm usage code.
Why?
Because I think there are moves that can give the same result as hms.
It isn't hard since the usage of hms is restricted not only by having a pokemon with the hm, but by a game switch as well (checks if you beaten the gym required).
Wouldn't change the game difficulty, it would only allow you to use your full team, without wasting move slots on hms (which are useless in battle in my experience).

^_^

Edited by KisuoX

Not nessecarely around the dark gym but definitely around the fighting gym. I would also redesign route 2 completely and put more trainers in here.

Another thing I would do is, beginning with Radomus, giving a few Pokemon from gym leaders a higher level, For example the first Pokemon 3 level under the cap, the second and third two level under the cap, the fourth 1 level under the cap, the fifth on the level cap and the ace above the level cap. It just bothers me to see a level 68 Pokemon and a level 78 Pokemon on the same team.

Also removing HMs or atleast making them TMs because f**k HMs.

Edited by Yazmat

I don't remember in what game,but I have seen that they have changed the HMs into items. So for example Cut was a sword, so instead of waisting a move slot on a pokemon, the trainer would use the sword to cut things. So maybe something like that would work.

But tbh I like it the way it is. It can make a fight interesting when you get caught off guard with two lvl 15 Bidoof's ^_^

Edited by LittleDevilex

The game is pokemon insurgence and zeta/omicron, but I think that this would make the game easier. (Which isn't really the goal, looking at some forum posts)
In my opinion it's better to just allow other moves to be used.Less coding and adding new object definitions (which will take up more memory) won't be needed

Edited by KisuoX

If I was the developer, I´d be proud because I made this awesome game.

And I´d make the vicotry road a giant puzzle and overall a difficult dungeon, because I´m sadistic and I enjoy the suffering of people.

And a high difficulty for late-game and endgame-bosses. Nobody can complain about a high, but fair difficulty in a fight now,

you got so many pokemon you can catch, so many held-items, so many ressources you can use. What I love about this game is how you get low-tier pokemon early on, making you utilize and salvage the best you can pick up until you find the better pokemon. In the late-game or

end-game nothing stops you from re-shuffling your team because your typing would put you at a disadvantage or training a few levels, getting EVs correct and that.

I´d also make getting to the legendaries a challenge, because they´re supposed to be a reward and rewards have to be earned. Legendaries are for sissies anyway ~ *just kidding*

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur

The game is pokemon insurgence and zeta/omicron, but I think that this would make the game easier. (Which isn't really the goal, looking at some forum posts)

In my opinion it's better to just allow other moves to be used.Less coding and adding new object definitions (which will take up more memory) won't be needed

I think taking out HMs wouldn't make the game easier. Because HMs are not challenging, they're just plain annoying. ;(

I was thinking about the matter that when you want to use a hm you need to have a pokemon with it, which means you have to consider building your team around it.
Allowing to use other moves for that matter would still make you build your team around it.
Taking them out completely would eliminate that factor and allow you to build your team however you like which WOULD make the game easier.

Edited by KisuoX

• Developers

For one, I'm fairly certain Insurgence is using HG/SS as a base for the game and Reborn uses Ruby. Two, it's probably not quite that easy, I'm sure if it were, it would more than likely be an option by now.

I kind of like that idea. I suppose it more comes down to two things. Can they find people who are able to do the repairs? Is it even worth repairing in most peoples eyes, with the ever possible returning threat of Team Meteor or the elements.

If you don't like how easy Blaziken makes the game. Don't use it. You have to give up a handful of other pokemon options to get it.

The way the level cap is now works just fine IMO.

This is to make it interesting to go searching, Would you take the time to look for items if all you got were potions or Escape ropes all the time?

Insurgence actually uses Ruby as well.

If I was a dev I'd turn every Pokemon into a water type, and make the only move every Pokemon could learn be water gun.

Everyone's talking about the one guy wanting to remove Blaziken lol. Lemme put my two cents in: I think removing any of the starters would drop a fair amount of interest from early players. When I first began, I remember one of my first impressions being "you can choose from ALL the starters in this game? That's awesome!"