Best starter

hoggez

So i have already played a bit of this game and on that file i chose Torchic as my starter. But now i want to see how easily i can beat the game. So i of course need a great starter for that but im not sure which to choose. Please give me some insight!

Squritle(Shell Smash) Grookey(G-Terrain) Scrobunny(has amazing stats and you can get good moves by breeding before Val.) Chimchar( has great stats to be mixed sweeper. Intelleon is also good.

You literally picked the best starter lol. Hidden abilities are available and Blazikan with speed boost + bulk up, is broken.

The runner ups for best starter are Greninja (Protean), Cinderace (Libero) and Rillaboom (grassy surge)

Y'all sleeping on Snivy. Once you beat Valarie you can breed another one and raise it to 43 to get an extremely broken early game sweeper. It gets Wring Out, Nature Power and Hidden Power too to alleviate its coverage problems

2 hours ago, Gastronely said:

Y'all sleeping on Snivy. Once you beat Valarie you can breed another one and raise it to 43 to get an extremely broken early game sweeper. It gets Wring Out, Nature Power and Hidden Power too to alleviate its coverage problems

why do we have to breed a new one

6 hours ago, Grimvalent said:

Imo this is a decent tier list of viability

https://tiermaker.com/create/starter-first-form

It includes crests btw

Edit: This includes both doubles and singles too

HOLY SHIT SOMEONE HAS SEEN MY TIERLIST, MY OPINION IS VALID LET'S GOOOOO

edit: but to be precise when I did this I literally only took into consideration what mons are the best for nuzlocking this game. I didn't think about crests I literally just weighed what mons are good for early to mid game depending on their abilities, moves and types lol

Edited by MrStormy
I got too hyped and didn't explain my tierlist

1 hour ago, MrStormy said:

HOLY SHIT SOMEONE HAS SEEN MY TIERLIST, MY OPINION IS VALID LET'S GOOOOO

edit: but to be precise when I did this I literally only took into consideration what mons are the best for nuzlocking this game. I didn't think about crests I literally just weighed what mons are good for early to mid game depending on their abilities, moves and types lol

what

21 hours ago, pizzagod13 said:

You literally picked the best starter lol. Hidden abilities are available and Blazikan with speed boost + bulk up, is broken.

The runner ups for best starter are Greninja (Protean), Cinderace (Libero) and Rillaboom (grassy surge)

Yeah i remember that Blaziken was pretty busted but now i want to use something else. And can u get shiny starters in this game?

7 hours ago, hoggez said:

Is it normal shiny odds?

Most Pokemon are 1/100, but in all of my three runs I have never seen a shiny starter (and I reset at least 30+ times for good IVs and nature each save). So I imagine I am just unlucky or the odds of a shiny starter are lower.