Pokemon Radiation Reborn (Uranium Mod, EPISODE 19.16)

Fervis

Hi everyone! Back from my two weeks of absence!

Thank you so much for all of your activity here and for enjoying this mod!

I will address the above mentioned issues with an update tomorrow! (It's 11 AM for me right now, maybe this evening):

• Centikorch' sprite, as mentioned, has empty space for nuclear forms, I will adjust the form number in the script and it should work properly even without the nuclear form for the time being
  • Thanks for so many clarifications! Hisuian Backsprites will come, depending on when they are available
  • I never looked into animations for moves. I'd love to make some (simple) animations, but that depends on how easy to understand the process is
  • Electruxos stats will be fixed! 

Some Dyna Forms will be adjusted as well:

• D-Blastoise with Shell Armor
  • D-Lapras with a bit more bulk and Refrigerate instead of Storm Drain
  • D-Orbeetle having Psychic Surge instead of Levitate
  • Possible adjustments to some Dyna Form stats overall (but later)

Sorry @Nucleon_for this late response!! I will also adjust the map for your mentioned issue so this softlock won't happen!

If you still can't proceed or have been waiting this time, you can try either warping via debug mode or try to use a walk through walls mod by Aironfaar or Waynolt!

On 8/18/2022 at 11:46 AM, Vilrose said:

Poor nuzlockers, their hearts will give out before they even fight.

That was one of my intentions! :D

The double battle mod would lead to a surprising adrenaline rush!

By the way, feedback for gym leader fights, other hard encounters, and dynamax stats/ abilites etc are well appreciated!

1 hour ago, Leon Solari said:

Thank you so much for making this mod! I would like to know if it's possible to revert nuclear form pokemon back to their original type. 

it seems to me that it was impossible in Uranium, so I don't think so.
That said, you can revert them back via the debug mod downloadable from the forum.

You just have to go to the debug menu of your pokemon, then to "form", and set the form to 0, the base form of your pokemon.

Vil'

Edited by Vilrose

1 hour ago, Vilrose said:

it seems to me that it was impossible in Uranium, so I don't think so.
That said, you can revert them back via the debug mod downloadable from the forum.

You just have to go to the debug menu of your pokemon, then to "form", and set the form to 0, the base form of your pokemon.

Vil'

Thank you for your help :)

On 8/27/2022 at 7:47 PM, Leon Solari said:

Thank you for your help :)

You are welcome !

Don't hesitate if you need help.

On 8/27/2022 at 11:43 AM, Fervis said:

By the way, feedback for gym leader fights, other hard encounters, and dynamax stats/ abilites etc are well appreciated!

I have some feedback to make on that.

I really like seeing other champions using mega evolutions or gigantamax than the original ones (i love the G-Centiskorch of Charlotte, what a nice idea ~).

Some changes in teams bring something new, better type coverage, new strategic assets, and I like that.

However, you shouldn't overlook some particular pokemon related to the game's story.

I am thinking for example of the Ectoplasma Corey from Shade.
The Antarki you put instead is more useful to Shade, and you renamed it Corey, but I find the connection between Corey and this one harder to make.

Maybe another pokemon would have been better to replace. (Why not Banette?)

Same goes for Ace. I just faced him at the WTC in my new run.

I saw that he no longer had his Delphox. But this is his main pokemon. A magician, like him, and who is important later in the story, if you have the eye.

That said, i am aware that it must not be easy to make choices when you change teams.

The mod remains amazingly clean.

I admit that I would love to see even more dynamax and mega-evolutions, sometimes even in normal fights.

I like difficulty, and seeing even more transformations under pulse2 would be a banger lol.

That said, I do feel that doing as many dynamax as in official games would be hardcore to do.

Other suggestion, but I think it's impossible as it stands: On Pokemon Showdown, it's possible to use both a Mega Evolution and a Dynamax in battle.
Because it is considered two things apart.
And to see multiple mechanics used like this in combat in Reborn would be amazing. As much with us as against us.

But again, that would be a colossal job, I'm aware of that. I put it there, see what you do with it.

That's all I have in mind for now (that's already a lot lol).

Thanks a lot for the mod!

Vil'

Edited by Vilrose

On 8/29/2022 at 2:30 AM, Vilrose said:

I have some feedback to make on that.

Thank you for your input!

Regarding Shade and Corey, I thought of Antarki as it is called the Guiding Star Pokemon, like a guardian, as Corey was to his daughter all this time due to his anxiousness caused by Team meteor and his previous losses.

Ace is a good point though, I actually thought of zoroark being their "ace" (heh). Maybe I'll take a shot at changing some teams, i like to experiment with this anyways.

I also like to make it more difficult! (just happen to lose to Ferns Sneasler like, 12 times before Aya...) And Mega evolutions even for casual trainers might be a surprising element.

• Fixed 1

8 hours ago, Fervis said:

Thank you for your input!

Regarding Shade and Corey, I thought of Antarki as it is called the Guiding Star Pokemon, like a guardian, as Corey was to his daughter all this time due to his anxiousness caused by Team meteor and his previous losses.

Ace is a good point though, I actually thought of zoroark being their "ace" (heh). Maybe I'll take a shot at changing some teams, i like to experiment with this anyways.

I also like to make it more difficult! (just happen to lose to Ferns Sneasler like, 12 times before Aya...) And Mega evolutions even for casual trainers might be a surprising element.

Yes, I suspected that you had chosen Antarki for that.
For my part, I don't see Corey as someone able to guide anyone, when he already couldn't guide himself lol.

And Gengar is poison-type, like Corey (although I believe Shade's Gengar has no poison move).

For Ace, as his Delphox is supposed to come back in an important fight, if you know what I mean,

Spoiler

Lin

I find it imperative to keep him.

But Zoroark is a very good idea with its illusionist side.

Yeah, Sneasler is a wrecking ball, especially in pulse2, I struggled against him for a while as I was getting my Gardevoir wiped out.

Now it's going much better with Swampert, and dragon dance + bounce swift swim Kingdra.

For normal trainers, there's really no reason why they can't use mega evolutions.

It would be much more fun if they could.

Vil'

Edited by Vilrose

17 hours ago, Vilrose said:

For Ace, as his Delphox is supposed to come back in an important fight, if you know what I mean,

Ah! I didn't know that! 

I have to admit that i didn't even play throuh the whole game yet, only up to victory road (mostly working on it, less playing it).

so any suggestions due to story implementations are very appreciated! (Don't worry about spoilering as i spoilered myself way too much already with graphics etc)

For Corey, sadly, that makes sense!

17 hours ago, Vilrose said:

when he already couldn't guide himself lol.

Though i really like shade having antarki, guess i'll rename another mon (Chainite maybe?) or replace something for Gengar back.

4 hours ago, Fervis said:

Ah! I didn't know that! 

I have to admit that i didn't even play throuh the whole game yet, only up to victory road (mostly working on it, less playing it).

so any suggestions due to story implementations are very appreciated! (Don't worry about spoilering as i spoilered myself way too much already with graphics etc)

I'm going to try to stay soft on spoiler level, so that you just have the important info.

Spoiler

Lin has two different teams, made up of pokemon that she steals.
Mostly, these are the aces of recurring trainers:

• Ninetales-Alola (stolen from Ame)
  • G-Gardevoir (stolen from Radomus)
  • Garchomp (stolen from Solaris)
  • Delphox (stolen from Ace)
  • Togekiss (stolen from Ciel) or Conkeldurr (stolen from Samson)

The last pokemon being a pulse that belongs to her.

It would be wise to not change these pokemon in their original teams before they were stolen, at the risk, otherwise, of damaging the interpretation that the player has of the scenario.

4 hours ago, Fervis said:

For Corey, sadly, that makes sense!

Though i really like shade having antarki, guess i'll rename another mon (Chainite maybe?) or replace something for Gengar back.

Like I said, Shade has a Banette that uses Dazzling Gleam.
And it seems to me that Antarki also uses it.
Soooo, maybe a good idea for a change.

Especially since Mimikyu also uses a fairy type move, having Banette, Antarki and him with fairy moves is a bit too much. Two is more than enough.

I also suggest you give Gengar a poison move if you put it back.
It could be useful for him to have a poison STAB, and gives Shade's team better type coverage.

Vil'

Edited by Vilrose
  • Documented 1

## New Update! ##

• Made some adjustments to Trainers that were discussed above (and some others - increased difficulty most likey)
  • Some tweaks to other dynamax forms ( e. g. Grimmsnarl with Tangling Hair)
  • Added Actan and Lanthan - The Tandor siblings of Heatran.
    Magma Chamber: Lanthans area below Pyrous Mountain, accessable via a hole on 1F when Heatran was catched
    Cave of Twilight: Home of Actan in Iolia Valley, can be entered from above Lunas gym battle (use the purple crystal) after Heatran was obtained.
    - As I could not test everything due to not being in postgame, there might be some bugs!
  •  Added Galarian Feather: Change the forms of the birb Trio as you want! Keep in mind that the moveset will reset every time they are transformed!
    The Feather can be obtained in the Grand Hall after catching all 3 birbs (on the counter from the market vendor)
  • Added another thing in Tanzan Depths (only pre-Noel)
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Updates!

Some of these are still aa bit WIP, there shouldn't be any problems with them though. Just wanted to get some of them out of my system (hopefully).

• Grassy Glide should now have prio on grassy field
  • Sirfetch'd gets the Stick Crit bonus now
  • Hisuian Back Sprites are now on Smogon Sprite Project!

Now the experimental ones:

• added more nuclear moves! Although the Tutor is implemented, mons cannot learn them yet, only via debug
  • Tutor is in Tanzan wastes, needs the 13th badge and you need to talk to Neopunk at least once.

New Moves:

Spoiler
  1. Ionic Strain: Status, 95 Accuracy - Reduces targets both defenses by 2 stages.
  2. Over Dosage (WIP but should work): Status, 85 Accuracy - Both the attacker and the target fall asleep.
  3. Meltdown: Status - User increases ALL stats by one stage at the cost of 1/3 of HP.
  4. Blast Wave: Special, 80 Accuracy - Dragon Rage style, fixed 70 damage.
  5. Atomic Punch: Physical, 80 Power, 100 Accuracy - May poison target (already implemented but will be learnable via tutor).
  6. Emergency Exit: Physical, 50 Power, 100 Accuracy - Switch move, like U-Turn.
  7. Nuclear Fangs: Physical, 80 Power, 100 Accuracy - May cause flinch or burn.
  • added three new fights (only via debug for now):
  1. Indomitable Urayne 
  2. Sun Goddess Hinata
  3. Moon Deity Kaito
  • Urayne will be a Post game fight within the Tanzan depths, rewarding Uralpha when implemented
  • Sun Goddess and Moon Deity will be a double battle, rewarding Aotius and Mutios when implemented

If someone is already postgame and wants to try these fights in debug, please report anything related to bugs or difficulty!

Especially for Urayne, as i will probably add a Trainer and more pokemon to the team, rather than a single one (just for testing on how strong it is by itself)

• Like 1

Sorry for that! I forgot to remove certain experimental scripts for the fallout field.

I put up a new download.

For faster download speed, you can also just download this and replace it in the game folder.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XHY9ihLSeimx_ZVjriBTrgXbM0A5nCal/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for the quick report!

I just got to the point in the story to see that huge badass Steelix for the first time, I really loved it's look (I went into debug just to see if it was an option), I can live without one, but it sure is a beauty, is there any plan on making it an obtainable nuclear mon? 

Edit: like I'm seeing a way for it to be used by changing form, is there an item for it?

On 9/13/2022 at 5:10 AM, Ultimas Prime said:

seikamater learn quiver dance at level 65

:o it does not! I will change that with the next update.

3 hours ago, elixirmaster said:

is there any plan on making it an obtainable nuclear mon? 

As Ultimas said, there are a lot of pokemon you can change into nuclear forms. I willl also add steelix (now that i did its gargantuan too) but it is actually not in game yet .Probably with the next update as well

• Like 1

15 hours ago, elixirmaster said:

Idk if anyone else would want it, but I edited "SWM - TypeBattleIcons.png" (from the SWM Modular Modpack) to replace Shadow with Nuclear.

It looks good and functions properly as far as I can tell...

SWM - TypeBattleIcons.png

Pyrolusitium had already done this in its own mod, so that it would be compatible with SWM and Radiation.

I asked him when I started playing with Radiation.

And since these are heavily used mods, as long as players have taken the Radiation version of Pyro, they will already have this file.

• Like 1

~ Another update ~

• Seikamater can learn Quiver Dance now (lvl 65)
  • Expanding Force implemented
  • Howl updated to gen 8 (affecting ally)
  • Dragon Dance TM is now obtainable after the 17th badge (revisit Titanias Castle, first room at the end of the corridor, on a table)
  • New Nuclear Altforms -> ~20 Altforms added from Gen 7 and Gen 8 each
  • Updated the Excel file rearding Nuclear Altforms
  • Nuclear Altforms can now learn the moves from the second nuclear Tutor that was added previous update

Have a great day / evening / time zone!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vilrose said:

Pyrolusitium had already done this in its own mod, so that it would be compatible with SWM and Radiation.

I asked him when I started playing with Radiation.

And since these are heavily used mods, as long as players have taken the Radiation version of Pyro, they will already have this file.

Okay, I had no idea that was a thing? I'll look for it, it sounds like something I'd want. Thank you.