Pokemon Radiation Reborn (Uranium Mod, EPISODE 19.16)

Fervis

Loving this so far! The inclusions feel really natural (even the Nuclear ones, honestly) and gen 8 has been on my Reborn wishlist for quite a while.

Couple things I have noticed so far:

• Obstruct has the wrong priority. I think it's currently set to +1 when it should be +4? Fake Out goes before it.
  • Feliger's "Lazy" ability doesn't seem to actually put it to sleep, which while funny is probably a bit overpowered considering its legendary-tier statline.
  • You might consider swapping Eeveeon's abilities around so that Adaptability is the hidden ability. Right now, due to a quirk of the ordering, an Adaptability Eevee evolves into a Protean Eeveeon.

30 minutes ago, KingOfAllTrades said:

Loving this so far! The inclusions feel really natural (even the Nuclear ones, honestly) and gen 8 has been on my Reborn wishlist for quite a while.

Thanks! Happy you enjoy it :>

I will make these changes with the next update. Although Lazy is working quite fine for me. It falls asleep for 2 turns (as if it would use rest).

3c547abf9a41bf07b9841ab836c63c39.png

In what kind of situation did it not fall asleep for you? 

19 hours ago, Fervis said:

In what kind of situation did it not fall asleep for you? 

Never. Regardless of whether I send it out at the beginning of the fight or in the middle, I have never once seen Feliger fall asleep upon being sent out.

Unrelated, Serra's Frosmoth seems to have something funky going on with its speed? It outran my Zoroark (162), which should not be possible without a choice scarf, but was slower than my Cinccino (184). It should have 125 speed at this level with maximum investment. Am I missing something here? Does Laser Focus give priority, maybe...?

EDIT: I saw someone mention earlier that Fern's Mega Arbok didn't petrify properly. This also happened to me.

Edited by KingOfAllTrades

It's been a LONG time since  the  last update!  Sorry for that, only had short breaks for some issues, so i put them all into a bigger one.

#### Update ####

• Dialga / Palkia have their Origin stats added
  • They need Adamant Crystal / Lustrous Globe respectively, purchasable at Dep. Store
  • Zacian and Zamazenta Have their Crowned Stats added (Items also at Dep. Store)
  • Sinistea can be found in its false form now too (antique) and it can evolve via Cracked Pot rather than Chipped Pot (same location)
  • Beliaddon evolves at  Level 72 now reardless  of being female
  • Kubfu was  added to the Dex Completion quest in Agate City! (800 Pokemon in dex reward) - there might be some issues with numbers though, needs testing
  • Added Double Iron Bash
  • Eternatus can Dynamax now by having Eternabeam
  • Frosmoth had its Sp.Atk as Speed mixed up (so it had 125 lol) -  changed it to its original stats (65 speed, 125 sp.Atk)
  • Obstruct now has  a 4+ priority
  • Eeveons abilities were swapped to fit Eevees ability order
  • Added a Grookey egg to the Chrysolia Forest Train (Where Maractus/Cacnea were)

Phew. With the new  update, please tell me if  there are some other issues or if above mentioned are not working.

Regarding Petrify and Lazy, maybe the update helped. If it still remains I'll have another look at it.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Hamstar said:

If  I downloaded this mod when I'm already in postgame and completed the original pokedex quest, can I still get Kubfu?

I don't think so :/ at least not in the intended way, I recommend you debug it in this particular case.

You have to evolve Koffing while in the 'Once upon a Somewhere' area, the one leading into Titanias castle. I'll add it to the excel file!

• Thanks 1

So far I've enjoyed the way you've implemented some mons (made it to GS). However, there are two things that you might consider addressing. The mareep event was replaced with a different mon yet the panicking man is still screaming about his mareep. I think it would make sense to change the dialogue here.

Secondly, I don't think you should change Corey's team, especially replace Crobat, his iconic mon. When he is about to jump off, you can still see his og reborn mons scattering around yet during battle some of them completely different. I'd personally keep his team, there's no need to implement new mons into EVERY gym leader's team, after all.

Few small things from my end

-Laser Pulse, the S51 (Uranium Mon) signature move, isn't functioning. It's meant to rotate through types but always hits as Normal. When do you fix it is it possible to make what type it is visible from the moves page in battle?

-I was wondering if you'd be willing to adjust Dynamax/Mega Toxtricity's stats to be more competitive, I feel like cutting on the physical attack to make it bulkier/a touch more sp. attack would make it much better, I love this mon but the "mega" form just feels too weak right now. 

On 8/6/2022 at 10:34 AM, Hamstar said:

I think it would make sense to change the dialogue here.

good point! though as it works now, you still can get mareep, but if you choose it you won't be able to take the other -  so it's a decision between these two.  But i'll adjust the dialogue!

Regarding crobat that's true. However, for the other mons i recall i also changed their overworld sprites in this specific event? Maybe it's in the other mod and i forgot to add it here.

I'll take a look at it. Thanks for the feedback!

21 hours ago, TagIsBad said:

Laser Pulse, the S51 (Uranium Mon) signature move, isn't functioning.

really weird, it worked quite fine some time ago, I will test it later, thanks!

I'm open to feedback of dynamax stats, as they generally have no changes in canon games. 

Maybe change it from 75,123,95,139,70,100 to -> 75,108,90,149,80,100?  [Hp,Atk,Def,SpAtk,Spdef,Speed]

4 hours ago, Fervis said:

good point! though as it works now, you still can get mareep, but if you choose it you won't be able to take the other -  so it's a decision between these two.  But i'll adjust the dialogue!

Regarding crobat that's true. However, for the other mons i recall i also changed their overworld sprites in this specific event? Maybe it's in the other mod and i forgot to add it here.

I'll take a look at it. Thanks for the feedback!

really weird, it worked quite fine some time ago, I will test it later, thanks!

I'm open to feedback of dynamax stats, as they generally have no changes in canon games. 

Maybe change it from 75,123,95,139,70,100 to -> 75,108,90,149,80,100?  [Hp,Atk,Def,SpAtk,Spdef,Speed]

Yeah I was using it on my S51A and it wasn't working so I debugged it onto a few other mons and it still only does Normal damage on my end. I've been playing without any other mods and hadn't used debug before the point that I decided to test it. It's really not a huge issue and could still be a problem from only my end but I still appreciate you looking into it :)

I do like your proposed new stats for Toxtricity, I think not having set stats for the Dynamax Megas is a great opportunity. I'm not 100% sure if you're sticking with the exact +100 base stats that Megas follow, but even if you are I feel like not reducing his phys attack at all or even reducing it (some megas do that) is a good move to allow him even better special atk and bulk + a touch of speed. great mod, loving it so far

## Quick announcement! ##

starting tomorrow i won't be able to look into the thread as often or work on the mod / issues for two weeks.

so I will bring up an update later today with some mentioned issues, though oonlly minor ones will be added cause i don't want to break anything complex any further without the chance to fix it!

• Eternatus had some issues when fighting it in the wild due to its eternamax form - changed Eternabeam to a level 1 move rather than lvl 88 (like rayquazas dragon ascent).
  • an issue  with the grookey egg was fixed
  • added the toxtricity dynamax changes. (i'll take feedback or ideas for other dynamax forms! just post them here)
  • changed Coreys team mainly back to his originial pokemon. Only changed skuntank to Overqwil when battling him, at the bridge event, and as the encounter in citrine mountain.
  • changed the dialogue of the mareep / baashaun owner appropriately (info: this is a choice event - taking either Baashaun or Mareep will lock you out of taking the other).
  • I ACTUALLY forgot to implement Laser Pulse from the previous episode! Added!

Thanks so much for enjoying this mod. Please don't find game breaking bugs in these two weeks! :D (still report them nonetheless)

Also, I'll be taking dynamax stat ideas as literature in my free time if there are any suggestions.

• Like 3

For dynamax pokemon an easy stat block that would be accurate to the main games is to double the base hp and multiply the base attack and special attack by 1.5 while keeping the other stats the same. This would be only slightly weaker to the main game's dynamax calculations if you are not factoring the evs as in the equation, getting immunity to hax moves, or changing the moves into super crazy max moves that turn your pokemon into a juggernaut, but the dynamax form lasting more than 3 turns makes up for this. Also I am just curious but is ash greninja in the mod?

Edited by Ultimas Prime

ashy is not in, sorry :{

that was my general approach for dynamax form stats, though it would be boring if i use the same/ similar distribution for all.

especially mons like gengar, maybe having a niche, but mostly you would want the speed increase of the mega rather than hp. (at least i think so?)

Personally, I don't think it is boring. If anything it is actually balanced and opens up a lot of options for all pokemon that have access to it. Sorry, I have not gotten far enough to try out the new dynamax forms so I was not sure how you did them. If you do increase the speed rather than than the hp for some of the stronger pokemon like gengar which also have mega forms then they will actually have less options to play with in some cases since dynamax gives a good bulky alternative for gengar that hits for slightly more damage, is a little slower, and does not have shadow tag. That being said, adding a few buffs to weaker ones like pikachu's, meowth's, eevees's, and butterfree's gigantimax forms might make them usable. You could probably increase all of their base stats by 1.5 instead of just the attack and special attack and they would still not be as good as a lot of other megas and dynamaxs.

Hey !

I have a bug to report, which is a bit annoying ahah.

Spoiler

Person El has two Arceus instead of one.

I saw that while doing test fights in debug mode to test my custom sound pack.
And it's been happening to me since I switched to Uranium reborn.

I thought it was my duo mode messing around, but even without it,

Spoiler

El still has two Arceus, he just sends them one by one.

I don't know at all in which file data of opponents are stored (I've been looking for a while lol, to push my duo mode), so I couldn't fix it myself.

Do you know how to solve this problem please?

Very good mod btw, it must have taken you a long time.

Vil'

Edited by Vilrose

• Global Mods
30 minutes ago, Vilrose said:

Hey !

I have a bug to report, which is a bit annoying ahah.

Reveal hidden contents

Person El has two Arceus instead of one.

I saw that while doing test fights in debug mode to test my custom sound pack.
And it's been happening to me since I switched to Uranium reborn.

I thought it was my duo mode messing around, but even without it,

Reveal hidden contents

El still has two Arceus, he just sends them one by one.

I don't know at all in which file data of opponents are stored (I've been looking for a while lol, to push my duo mode), so I couldn't fix it myself.

Do you know how to solve this problem please?

Very good mod btw, it must have taken you a long time.

Vil'

When you say test fights, do you mean you're battling him via the debug menu? Or actually going through the scripted events and battling him legit?

I ask this due to the fact that not all listed battles in the debug menu are the same as scripted fights.

9 hours ago, Dred said:

When you say test fights, do you mean you're battling him via the debug menu? Or actually going through the scripted events and battling him legit?

I ask this due to the fact that not all listed battles in the debug menu are the same as scripted fights.

Via the debug menu. And there is only one Parson El in the list, as we fight him only one time in this form.

Anyway, I just tested legit way, same result.

Spoiler

20220818035021_1.thumb.jpg.2f48ffba605343453b095cd5b1430ab7.jpg

20220818035025_1.thumb.jpg.ab26a4e8bd44df0115cdb0db120af30a.jpg

As mentioned above, he sends both at once because of my double battle mode, but even without that he always has two, and just sends them one at a time.

Vil'

Edited by Vilrose

5 hours ago, Vilrose said:

Via the debug menu. And there is only one Person El in the list, as we fight him only one time in this form.

Anyway, I just tested legit way, same result.

Reveal hidden contents

20220818035021_1.thumb.jpg.2f48ffba605343453b095cd5b1430ab7.jpg

20220818035025_1.thumb.jpg.ab26a4e8bd44df0115cdb0db120af30a.jpg

As mentioned above, he sends both at once because of my double battle mode, but even without that he always has two, and just sends them one at a time.

Vil'

The fight is correct, El has two mons.

But one of them is not actually an Arceus.

5 hours ago, Valvados said:

The fight is correct, El has two mons.

But one of them is not actually an Arceus.

He only as one, in my first save like on the wiki

This change may be intentional, but that's the kind of fight that's best left unmodified.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-08-18-11-43-41-172_com.opera.browser.thumb.jpg.db7c9aa38cb03a10b2ffa3dac3785253.jpg

Edit : Ok, nevermind, the second Arceus was a Duplicat.
I attacked one of the two Arceus yesterday, but it seems to be the real one.
I was not aware that there was an extra pokemon in his team in Radiation reborn.

That said, it's not gamebreakerbut very surprising.

It's a hell of a pressure anyway, especially in double mode when you see two Arceus appear lol.

I also put in a remix of the Cyrus theme for El and that fight, and it kicks ass even more.
Poor nuzlockers, their hearts will give out before they even fight.

Anyway, nice job OP, your mod is great.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your answers.

Vil'

Edited by Vilrose

Hey !

It's me again @Fervis.

I found a bug on Radiation Reborn.
(A real one this time lol.)
There is a problem with gigantamax Centiskorch sprites.
In battle, they are simply invisible.

The problem comes from the battlers files.

And this bug is not present on your other mod, Eevelution Reborn. This one has the right sprites.

Here's an example.

The one on the left is from Radiation. The one on the right is from Eevelution.
image.thumb.png.8231783452ee17311d7ae7c7cb28ceb4.png                       image.thumb.png.7912866fff5533f06f8ad5652dd1a127.png

As you can see, there is a huge empty space, which is why we don't see the gigantamax sprite in battle.

You should just copy the sprite from Eevelution into Radiation.

That said, I figure this bug might be fixed when you release his nuclear sprite.

One more thing :

Sneasel is trying to get off the screen.

I don't think this is normal lol.

20220818200316_1.thumb.jpg.b67ac0ac4423fd67324234f26c235d1c.jpg

Here's the problem :

The sprite number 215 is misoriented.

215.thumb.png.71bdb1f4aeed2725ca15c197548bcea0.png

Edit : Do you plan to give animations for nuclear type moves? Even if you use existing animations, it doesn't matter.

Vil'

Edited by Vilrose

23 hours ago, SharlaSmith44 said:

Thia one is because Hisuian forms have no (known) backsprite

Well seen ! I hadn't thought of that.
I just hope that we will have a correct sprite with the next upcoming Pokemon games.
Otherwise it will be necessary to modify the sprites of the original versions of these pokemons.

56 minutes ago, Vilrose said:

Well seen ! I hadn't thought of that.
I just hope that we will have a correct sprite with the next upcoming Pokemon games.
Otherwise it will be necessary to modify the sprites of the original versions of these pokemons.

I had to go back a bit:

On 6/23/2022 at 9:50 AM, Fervis said:

there weren't any published back sprites yet. I will add them though! Only the New Legends Arceus Pokemone should be affected by it.

Hey! Just here to report a bug I found. Not sure if its the same with the other Uranium starters, but picking orchynx at the start and getting all the way to the hypno quest will dump you slightly too far from the platform and you'll be softlocked. Would like a fix as soon as you can, I can't continue the game because of it :C
image.png.5e61cae7d66b8e0bee83dff03a6779fd.pngimage.png.ace0ec56fb8270526a8a29d4328a002b.png