Pokemon Radiation Reborn (Uranium Mod, EPISODE 19.16)

Fervis

So I ended up using the Debug to enable walk thru walls to go around the bugged event battle with Cal, made my way up the mountain and did the Blake battle no real problems. Continued the story up to the Terra gym battle. Encountered another huge bug with the Glitch Field. No matter what battle, if the glitch field is active whether its on the computer in Ametrine, any of the battles in Terra's digital world or Terra's battle itself, I get errors, however not all of them crash the game. The best way to explain it is some moves when chosen produce an error, some don't and go through, others produce an error message but upon pressing OK the attack doesnt go through and you just lose a turn. Other times I get an error message, press ok, but the attack still works. I was able to work around most of the error messages to make it to Terra, then a new bug happens. Every time I defeat Terra's first pokemon, Cocancer, it faints, error message pops up, and no pokemon is sent out. I can attack, switch into a different pokemon, use items, but nothing I do will make Terra send out her next mon. I attack, it says 'There was no target", error message, hit OK, then next turn starts and it's an infinite loop of me attacking nothing and I can't proceed. Here's the two errors.

This is the error I get when choosing almost any attack. Only some work, as I stated.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b4fde6ad21ca0d0cef3d659afec81e0d.png

Here is the error message I get after defeating Terra's first pokemon and the bug causes her to not send out anyone and start the infinite loop of Hell.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.00550d954756bcb5f32d09ac5fdd6038.png

So now I'm stuck unable to get past Terra, walk thru walls won't save me here, I need her badge and to trigger the next event. I could debug past it maybe but I don't exactly know how to do that.

Next up, I downloaded the modded version you asked me to above, and I do happen to have a save file of just before the bugged Cal fight that I kept just in case I broke the game or messed something up walking thru walls or side-stepping the event. I'll load that save in the game version you provided and get back to you on what happens. I'll try the pokedex, the Cal fight, and maybe I'll see if I can get up to Terra again and check out the glitch field too. I'll get back to you shortly. I love this mod, love the Uranium mons and would really like to finish this run

Edited by Seraphicide
spelling

I instantly sse the problem, though i hope i do find the related code. Seems to be a syntax error.

The problem is, i do not have that length of a script it is telling me where the issue seems to be (it say Pokebattle_Battler:5223, but the current downloadable game only has 5197)

Tell me wether the downloaded mod i provided helped, though I still look into it before that.

Edit: i found the line that causes your glitch field issue, which is also present in the download link i provided

If you already downloaded the mod with the link, please replace this folder inside the main game folder (unzip of course):

Scripts.zip

Sorry for all the inconvenience. As i am testing a gen 9 version right now (with new moves etc), there might be complications with the older version.

However, much testing has been done and I will most likely remove the old download link and replace it with the current Mod version i am working on (so with almost all gen9 moves, abilities, items and pokemon).

I refreshed the download link on the first page to have this issue fixed as well.

@Fervis

So I downloaded the file you provided yesterday, it fixed the Cal Bug and I was able to proceed as normal, which also meant I got Watefall which I had apaprently not been able to get by simply walking around the event before. So that's good. But I still get the glitch field error even with the modded game version you provided, but I only now saw the scripts file you posted today so let me see if that helps at all. Thanks again for your efforts and I'll let you know if the updated scripts fixes it. Here's a screenshot of the error I got in the GlitchField on the modded game version.

Spoiler

image.png.61ae4ca7e267647d502729eba88dcb5e.png

Edit: Updated scripts seems to have fixed the Glitch Field, haven't gotten back to Terra yet but initial trainer battles in the Glitch field appear to be working as intended. Will update as necessary if I find any further bugs. Thanks for the quick fix, and hope to check out Gen 9 soon. How much of Gen 9 is completed with this modded version you provided so far out of curiosity ?

Edited by Seraphicide

I'm happy that it works now!

10 hours ago, Seraphicide said:

How much of Gen 9 is completed with this modded version you provided so far out of curiosity ?

The most part. All new moves ( except Revival Blessing) are there, all items (except Mirror Herb), and most of the abilities work.

On page 14 there are also pokemon listed that have some new abilities changed, and gained some additional moves from gen 9 as of now.

All Pokemon are implemented too, but only available via debug for now. Some of them still miss sprites, and the ones that do have them only have front sprites. Might cause crashes when debugging them.

• Like 1

So, this may be a stupid question. But how do I actually install the mod? I don't really know what to do because this is my first time modding Reborn. I installed a modpack easily enough but all I had to do was drag and drop some files and it was over. But with your Uranium and Eeveelution packs, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Do I just copy paste the folder or is there something I'm missing?

Edit: Wait. Do I just copy paste all of the files from each folder into it's respective folder in the Reborn folders? Was it really that easy or am I overthinking it?

Edited by WastelandWolf20

These two here are overhauls. So they replace quite a lot of files of the original reborn, instead of just adding a file into the /mods folder.

You can either download the whole mod (my recommendation) and start the game via its own game.exe.

Or you can download the patch, unhzip, and drag and drop it into an existing original reborn folder, then hit replace.

For safety measurements, i suggest you back up your game file (if any) from your /savedgames folder (default), because the mod uses the same game file directory, and you wouldn't be able to play original rebon with this mod's game file

On 12/9/2022 at 6:23 PM, Fervis said:

Gigantic Update

in preparation of gen 9 implementations, this will be kind of an -experimental- update! I will add another link to the first  page of the thread that will have this updated version!

• Even though all gen 9 Pokemon are there, they DO NOT have Sprites ( icons, battlers, also no audio), so be careful with debugging.
  • this version is solely for testing the general gamplay for random errors (due to so many new codes), but also some available new things form gen 9:
  • ALL moves (except for Revival Blessing >.>) are implemented. Debugger can try it out if they want. Some old Pokemon got moves added.
  • MOST abilities are implemented and some old Pokemon got new ones.
  • 5 new TM's are implemented, but no Pokemon can learn them yet (only via debug).
  • most items are implemented, but do not have sprites, so again, care with debugging.

Okay now into the specifics:

• Rotom got Hidden Abilities! (Normal form = Motor Drive)
  • Heat = Solar Power | Wash = Water Absorb | Frost = Snow Warning | Mow = Grassy Surge | Fan = Wind Power
  • Hisuian Typhlosion HA = Infiltrator
  • Hisuain Samurott HA = Sharpness
  • Hisuain Decidueye HA = Scrappy

New  Abilities to old Pokemon (custom ideas):

New Moves to old Pokemon (mostly custom):

• Silk Trap: Silcoon / Cascoon(12), Spewpa(15)
  • Axe Kick: Medicham(58), Urshifu(58), Lopunny(53), Hitmonlee(49), Sawk(50), Blaziken(1)
  • Last Respects: Cofagrigus(65), Shedinja(55), Trevenant(65), Basculegion(egg)
  • Lumina Crash: Necrozma(37), Espeon(50), Grumpig(42), Beheeyem(1), Starmie(45), Sigilyph(55)
  • Jet Punch: Hitmonchan(36), Urshifu (Rapidstyle,34), Poliwrath(1), Totodile(egg)
  • Mortal Spin: Arbok(67), Qwilfish(egg), Overqwil(36), Venipede(egge), Whirlipede(41)
  • Double Shock: Luxray(76), A-Golem(62), Electivire(72)
  • Aqua Cutter: Empoleon(46), Golisopod(1), Kaputops(40), Barbaracle(44), Bisharp(1), Navighast(evo)
  • Comeuppance: Obstagoon(42), Pangoro(45), Baariette(evo)
  • Chilly Reception: Mr.Rime(1)
  • Doodle: Smeargle(1)

There might be some tiny things I added but forgot to write down, if they are not listed here report them!

Shoutout to the awesome work of the Relic Castle Generation 9 resource pack project for a lot of ideas (though many of it needed to be rewritten to reborn style)

Most things should work as they intended to (corey fix is also implemented). still if you choose to test things around, be prepared to have bugs! and always, reports are appreciated!

I will also add the PBS if anyone wants to look into it as a separate link!

After some time and if the version if stable I will update the original link and add the patch version.

are you planning on updating the current scripts with the new one? i think they’ve added all the front sprites (can be used as back for now lol), item sprites, and pc sprites, plus some other things probably. 

On 12/31/2022 at 3:03 PM, tarzanxyz said:

are you planning on updating the current scripts with the new one? i think they’ve added all the front sprites (can be used as back for now lol), item sprites, and pc sprites, plus some other things probably. 

yep! Currently all pokemon do have front sprites as their back sprites. Though they do not have any icons yet, so they will be shown as eggs in your party/pc if you debug them now.

I look up the icon sprites and add them when they are done!

1 hour ago, Fervis said:

yep! Currently all pokemon do have front sprites as their back sprites. Though they do not have any icons yet, so they will be shown as eggs in your party/pc if you debug them now.

I look up the icon sprites and add them when they are done!

oh, aight cool. i think this post (https://reliccastle.com/resources/1101/) has all the pc sprites if u need them. 

• Thanks 1

I am having an issue, that I'm not sure is an issue with this mod exactly, but there are a few event pokémon that haven't appeared when they should, like the Murkrow in the Aqua Gang Alley (at night and windy) or the Zorua that should spawn in Beryl Gym. Others spawn just fine (like the Zangoose or Electrike that also spawn in the alleyways) so I'm not sure what would be the problem...

The Mining For Rich modular mod also does not work when Radiation Reborn is active but I'm not sure I should be reporting this since I'm not sure how it works or if it's a known bug.

Anyways, other than that, it's being a very fun and interesting way to play and I'm more interested in the Eeveelutions than I would admit to be when I started it, lol. Thank you for your efforts and I look forward to see this completed!

1 hour ago, kithas said:

but there are a few event pokémon that haven't appeared when they should,

For murkrow appearing you also need the 5th badge, perhaps that was an issue?

Zorua shouldn't be in the beryl gym at all though? It starts on the rooftop in beryl ward only at night ( i think).

I actually had no problems with finding these.

The mining for rich seems to be having an issue yes, maybe i find something for that!

• Like 1

ah yes, i actually might do that! probably by addinh a move tutor for eevee and pikachu!

the document will be updated once all pokemon (sprites etc) are also done! So most likely with the next update, (except if there are some game breaking errors)

3 hours ago, BeautifulSinner said:

Also just wondering if the changes to the legends arceus moves are in both versions or just the gen 9 ?

i believe all of them are, except for wave crash, it will stay 80 but keeps its speed increase. at least for now 

On 1/4/2023 at 11:58 AM, Fervis said:

i believe all of them are, except for wave crash, it will stay 80 but keeps its speed increase. at least for now 

Hi, I have a question like I accidentally crashed into one of the statues in the main city and it transported me to a ninja village something similar. Do you know where I am?

So I reached the final story boss. And probably because of the new type in this mod, the changing type text does not match with the actual type of the pokemon. It is not that bad if you look at the color or, like me, use the Pyrolusitium mod.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Fry93 said:

So I reached the final story boss. And probably because of the new type in this mod, the changing type text does not match with the actual type of the pokemon. It is not that bad if you look at the color or, like me, use the Pyrolusitium mod.

I'd need a screenshot for that, as i didn't change anything for post-game, and haven't been there myself as well.

And if it's not gamebreaking, I'd rather not spoil myself right now >.<

On 1/5/2023 at 10:58 PM, Elevan said:

Hi, I have a question like I accidentally crashed into one of the statues in the main city and it transported me to a ninja village something similar. Do you know where I am?

Oh yeah, i forgot to remove that teleport form the statue(i used it for testing) I'll remove it with the next update.

21 hours ago, Elevan said:

help me everything appears in black in the water type gym I can't continue someone help me please

Wow. I recommend you downloading the mod fresh and try it again.

I can't playtest right now as i'm not at the the pc today sadly.