Pokemon Radiation Reborn (Uranium Mod, EPISODE 19.16)

Fervis

Pokemon Radiation Reborn

Pokemon Uranium Mod

image.png.92e2ed726f85252f47127ad939c5bc5a.png

Hello everyone!

It is time!

Pokemon Radiation Reborn, a Pokemon Uranium mod for Pokemon Reborn, updated to Episode 19!

Implementations:

• ALL Pokemon Uranium Fakemon (From Orchynx to Zephy)
  • Pokemon Uranium moves, abilities and items
  • Changes to various Trainer battles, like Gym Leaders
  • The iconic Nuclear Type with nuclear Altforms of Pokemon and Move Tutors
  • New Field effect = Fallout! 
  • Generation 8 Pokemon and Legends Arceus Pokemon (New and Hisuian Forms)
  • Gigantamax made into Mega Evolutions with Mega Stones
  • Edit: Added Eeveelutions to the mod with additional nuclear forms

Nuclear Altforms:

Inspired by the incredible idea of Bluetowels mod Plates of Arceus, I intend to add addtional nuclear forms of Pokemon out of all Generations to the mod!

• Around 20 Pokemon per Generation will be implemented over time
  • Pokemon up to Generation 6 are done as of now
  • You get an item that can nuclearize specific Pokemon (Energycore, Peridot Ward)
  • Nuclearized Pokemon have their second type changed to Nuclear / get the additional Nuclear type
  • Nuclearized will NOT be able to breed (They can as of now, but there may be issues with them, so better avoid it!)
  • Pokemon that can Mega Evolve can do so by using Fusionreactor as Mega Stone

########### Known issues ##############################################################

❗This mod is by far not done yet, there might be more bugs / issues so please save often and be careful! Also please report them here! ❗

• No egg sprites (team icons) for generation 8 pokemon yet.
  • Fusionreactor (Mega Stone for Nuclear forms) can be used with non-nuclear forms of pokemon that can mega evolve. 

-> Please avoid using it on non-nuclear forms!

####################################################################################

Save Compatibility:
All save files of the original game are compatible and should show no issues. However, don't use save files of this mod for an unmodded game version!

Do NOT use the save files of this mod for an unmodded version or other mods! Corruption and crashes will be imminent

Mod Compatibility (not yet tested with Episode 19):

SWMs Modular Modpack ✅

Aironfaar's Mod Box mostly ✅

Not ❎  compatible with Pokemon Reborn Sandbox mod.
Not ❎  compatible with BlueTowels Plates of Arceus mod.
Not ❎  compatible with Memeborn or Pokemon Reborn Redux.

----

Downloads & Installation

Pokemon Radiation Guide:

- under construction -

Full download Episode 19.16 (with PBS):

- under construction -

Patch download Episode 19.16 (drag and drop, replace files):

- under construction -

Credits (contact me for missing names, they are all appreciated):

- under construction -

Bug Report:

Please report all bugs you can find related to abilities, move incompatibility, crashes etc. in the comment section or by contacting me in the Reborn Discord in #Reborn-Mods Channel

Have fun!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

On 12/14/2021 at 9:15 AM, Fervis said:

You can also use the disable-function of the altforms mod to revert most of the battles to original (Fakemons are still obtainable).

Would the corrupted forms also still be available, when you add them?  If not, I suggest making that a separate option.  A "Uranium-only" mode, if you will.  Same goes for if you add other trainers and sidequests and stuff like cons00mption suggested.

9 hours ago, IBW_3000 said:

Oh absolutely! Will you be including the unreleased pokemon?

I will add several nuclear type versions of all of the generations (so not only uranium), and up to now, i want to add the unreleased ones, however I am missing some sprites of them and I am not good enough in spriting sadly.

8 hours ago, Eagleby18 said:

Would the corrupted forms also still be available, when you add them?  If not, I suggest making that a separate option.  A "Uranium-only" mode, if you will.  Same goes for if you add other trainers and sidequests and stuff like cons00mption suggested.

if you mean obtainable nuclear altforms, yes.

depending on difficulty, i rather propose to add optional nuclear trainer battles to the game in general, so irrespective of disable-function .

6 hours ago, Faith_Icarus said:

Hello there! I'm sorry to bother, but may I ask you to post the PBS files? I'd like to try and modify the mod (just for personal use). Thanks in advance

Added a Link to the PBS files in the post, have fun :)

• 3 weeks later...

It seems the only way to get nuclear altforms to learn their respective nuclear moves is through the move relearner.  I suggest you make it that they learn it upon being transformed.  In Uranium they always appear with the moves already learned in the wild, after all.

EDIT:  Oh, and you probably already knew this and just haven't implemented it yet, but in case you haven't and it's a bug... they display in the party as their normal forms.

Some more issues

Spoiler

Turning Nuclear breaks Thunder Wave on Hagoop and Hagross.  I know the move is supposed to be Thunder Wave because it works just fine on regular Hagoop and Hagross.

image.thumb.png.07475a09f81fb250b85246778ab4ecef.pngimage.thumb.png.d2882ce2f25e2460fab81c0025e7d226.png

Despite listing Paraudio and Paraboom as having Nuclear forms, the energy core doesn't work on them.

image.thumb.png.262af1f7408a25f5cf272b7b260bbef0.png

Thundershock and Water Gun on regular Nupin and Gellin become Brine and Parabolic Charge on Nuclear Nupin and Gellin.  I feel like the Nuclear forms have it right and the regular form's moves are the mistake, but that might be personal bias since Brine and Parabolic charge are better moves.

image.thumb.png.c41f0714f6034d0ba7e91bdd06177160.png

image.thumb.png.f20904172270cb8ec1c85f57a82b5fb2.png

I've also noticed some differences between movsets in the original Uranium and this game, I assume they were intentional.

Thanks for the report!

15 hours ago, Eagleby18 said:

It seems the only way to get nuclear altforms to learn their respective nuclear moves is through the move relearner.  I suggest you make it that they learn it upon being transformed.  In Uranium they always appear with the moves already learned in the wild, after all.

EDIT:  Oh, and you probably already knew this and just haven't implemented it yet, but in case you haven't and it's a bug... they display in the party as their normal forms.

- I'll keep it for the time being (cause I'm sadly a beginner in coding) but will try to let them learn the moves upon transforming. I Have to look into that further, sorry for the inconvenience.

However, due to the moves being quite op, for starters I decided that you shouldn't have them in early game to keep the difficulty, so move relearner is a good spot.

- I procrastinated the nuclear mon icons but will add them with the next update then!

Other Points:

- Yes, comparing the moveset of the original Uranium game, I did some changes due to balancing issues ( and also some very weird changes between mons in the same evolutionary line)

- The missing thunderwave should be fixed for the next update!

-Yep, forgot Paraudio line, I added them to the list!

-I changed the moves of nupin/gellin to parabolic and brine for both forms, uranium had thundershock and watergun as original...

Thanks again for the report! Update should go through in the next hour.

5 hours ago, Dark Eclipse said:

Are all the characters (or at least some of them) going to be in it? If so, please send the list!

I will maybe implement a new "Nuclear" themed trainer you can battle, however I'm not planning to implement specific characters, I stay with pokemon, abilities, moves etc. :(

12 hours ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

Whoa this is actually really neat. You should give Terra Lassiure or whatever that ground psuedo is called. I remember it being an absolute beast in my playthrough. 

Hmm maybe that's already done? Better ask RAWR herself?

Those fixes broke a couple other things, some pretty important things.  Insert obvious joke about how this is typical of programming.

Spoiler

First of all, I'm not sure if this is intentional or not.  The "debug menu" and "walk through walls" options are gone, as well as the weather mod and the in-battle stat displays.  I'm guessing you use them when developing the mod and didn't intend to keep them in for the rest of the players, and leaving them in the previous update was a mistake?  If so I suggest you leave them in.  Makes it easier for people to playtest stuff, and those who actually want to play the game in a natural manner would just not use them.  Well maybe don't keep the stat displays, they're kinda ugly.

image.thumb.png.109073de78de5f806666afa4e6f9ddf9.png

Anyway the first big problem (that I KNOW is a problem) is that Nuclear moves are just gone now.

image.thumb.png.f8f0fc3ed19e0fb6e7f88d580f4f07c4.png

Before you ask, Titanice here doesn't already know the moves.  For Nuclear Pokemon who DID know the moves already, overwriting them makes them permanently lost.

I went back to the Opal Ward and tried headbutting a tree for a new Owten, hoping to test if Nuclear Pokemon caught in this version are any different.  That lead me to discover the other major problem:  I think you... accidentally patched Uranium fakemon out of the game.  I spend QUITE a while heabutting trees, but all I find are the normal Reborn encounters.  I found an Owten pretty quickly last time and headbutt encounters aren't affected by weather or time of day so either I'm super unlucky, Owten is really rare and I got lucky the first time, or it's just gone.  I go to other places around the early game where the excel files say I can find Uranium Pokemon, and no dice.  Can't look anywhere in the later game because the Debug menu's gone.

Also this is much less of an issue, but you mentioned fixing Thunder Wave for Hagoop and Hagross but their entire learnsets are completely different now, with no Thunder Wave.  Did you change your mind and decide they just shouldn't learn it in the first place?

image.thumb.png.675e788956d42c13c36bf0955d23dde7.png

Just to be clear, I've only looked at Nuclear Hagoop and Hagross.  I don't have any regular ones left and I can't debug more in.

First, Thanks again for the very quick report!

1. Sure, its just the Mods folder that has the debug menu etc, I can keep that in.

2. So, I tried the move relearner first, and I didn't change anything yet:

I used the energycore on Titanice, Nupin, Hagoop for testing (all worked) and they do have the moves for me (Nuclear ones and Thunderwave for Hagoop alike). It just looks like the order for thunderwave changes due to different level.

Spoiler

c2f641809f951a3ab3030dafa16ece1f.png

b59a10c13fca3a568848fc69350de292.png

3. Eshouten was my third encounter in Opal ward (restored) I also checked some post-restoration locations and checked the PBS encounter folder, so there shouldn't be an issue.

Spoiler

dce9327917b9c67020ec3977e3159ecd.png

Now comes my very important question:

Did you use the Patch or the Full game download?

Possibly I made a mistake with the Patch link that might be outdated and lead to those problems.

Just to be sure I will update both links today.

It wasn't the patch, I downloaded the whole thing fresh.  And I know it wasn't an outdated version because the party icons were changed to the nuclear forms.  No idea what happened, but it doesn't matter now because the current version works as intended.  Anyway, a couple other things I noticed:  Glitch field doesn't change Nuclear Types to normal, it definitely should since Nuclear didn't exist in Gen 1.  Quantum leap just attacks right away instead of doing what it's actually supposed to do, but I guess that's not exactly a pressing issue since Urayne is only available through debug.  And on the subject that isn't Nuclear type for a change, the S-51ite isn't in the department store like the excel file says it is.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6d16864fe835aa0ca79e36ad95c64741.png

image.thumb.png.f5876f35ec997fcf264697d81d86c218.png